7 months and 1 period

Come and meet others who are dealing with irregular cycles. Compare charts and get support!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

7 months and 1 period

Postby amymariedon » Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:44 pm

Hi, I'm new here and someone directed me to this website so that I could find some support.

I lost my son 7 months ago to pregnancy complications, maybe due to my severe preeclampsia or because his kidneys were always failing. Well, I got 8 days with him, and then made the decision to stop medical treatment, because as his mom, I knew he was in so much pain and was fighting a battle that was becoming too hard for his tiny little body. The fact he lived 8 days was a miracle in itself. Does that make it easier? Nope, but sometimes it does give me hope.

But now, I am ready to start trying again, and I don't get a period. I never really got a regular period, but was on the pill, and everyone said that it was fine. I still got my period, but it was every few months, a few times a year.

Now, I'm on CD 96, and I don't know what to do. I'm going to my doctor beginning of May.

I really want to be a mom, and walk out of the hospital with a baby to love, not just a baby in heaven.

I take my BBT every morning, and it is all over the place. I am attempting accupuncture in hopes to regulate my body on its own without medicine, but I will do it all at once if I have too.

Thanks in advance!

Amy
amymariedon

Re: 7 months and 1 period

Postby mkfleming9 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:44 pm

I just want to say that I am so sorry for your loss. I can't imagine going through that, but am sending my prayers and positve thoughts your way.

I also have regular cycles with my longest at 60 days. From what my doctor says, 60 days is the most they will let it go without inducing your period. I would try to get into your doctor sooner rather than later.

I also have done accupuncture and absolutely loved it. I don't know if it has regulated my cycle (yet), but it certainly has helped balanced me.

I have started testing this month with CD3 bloodwork, and HSG today and will do Progesterone testing after ovulation.

Good luck and baby dust to you!!
TTC#1 since June 2012
Long & irregular cycles
Me & DH 31
mkfleming9

Re: 7 months and 1 period

Postby Feathermerchant » Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:36 pm

Hi, so sorry about your struggles. My husband and I have a 5 year old son and have been ttc for 3 years for #2. I have about 3 periods a year, last year I took progesterone for 3 months to induce bleeding and did opks but never ovulated. Just started vitex hoping it would help and started my period within 2 weeks! My last period was 5 months ago. Very hopeful now that I will ovulate. It's good to try to stay positive, but damn hard sometimes.
Feathermerchant

Return to Irregular Cycles