Birth control to regulate?

Come and meet others who are dealing with irregular cycles. Compare charts and get support!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Birth control to regulate?

Postby ttcbabysolis » Sat May 25, 2013 1:50 pm

Just a little background on me : Lindsey, I'm 23 and have been TTC seriously for fifteen months. I have not been diagnosed with PCOS or endometriosis, dh semen analysis came back great. Literally right after I began TTC my cycles went from 35-40 days to 40-90 days. I think my longest cycle was 100 days. My last visit to the doctor ended in her prescribing me birth control to use for three months in an attempt to shorten/regulate my cycle. At first I didn't want to take it, I mean this lady was trying to take me out of the game for 3 cycles! But, I reluctantly took it after she told me I probably would not receive a bfp with these long cycles anyway. While on the pills I did have AF every 28 days. I just finished my last pack, and I was just wondering if anyone else had similar experiences and how that worked out for them long and short term. Any insight would be great because I am so nervous I'm going to go back to not ovulating until CD 50-75 again.
TTC Baby#1
ttcbabysolis

Re: Birth control to regulate?

Postby SMILE 13 » Wed May 29, 2013 9:58 pm

Hey I'm kinda in your same boat .... I had mirena for 4 1/2 years had it took out 7 months ago to TTC and I'M had Long cycles 37-70days.... once even bleeding for a whole 30 days..... my new obgyn just prescibed me birthcontrol pills for 3 months also... she told me to take them and hopefulythe next time she sees me I would be pg. Well I started them but I'm so forgetfull in taking pills daily I had to throw awhole pck out. But I do plan on taking the next 2 whole pcks wishing and praying they do regulate me.... never again will I get a iud..... its a curse I think...... gl
SMILE 13

Postby ttcbabysolis » Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:54 pm

GL to you! I'm on CD 7 off the pills and having heavy menses so hopefully that stops and I ovulate!
TTC Baby#1
ttcbabysolis

Postby stefknow » Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:41 am

I read an article about trying to conceive after birth control. It said that taking pill will affect your period cycle and you will need times to recover back to normal cycle. Here: http://knowhen.com/index.php/2015-04-19 ... th-control. And I also read an article saying that how to boost fertility. All we have to do is to have a healthy lifestyle. http://www.parents.com/getting-pregnant ... fertility/
stefknow
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby positivethoughts88 » Thu Aug 18, 2016 7:51 am

Any update on this? My OB/GYN just recommened the same thing. I have been off OCPs for 8 months and still TTC. My first few cycles off BC were somewhat normal and then slowly spread out to more than 60 days. She thought I was having annovulatory cycles and that the OCP may kickstart me back into a normal cycle. My question is, doesn't it seem backwards to go back on BC while TTC? And I just came off the BC 8 months ago, which obviously didn't work. The only way I can justify it is when I first came off the BC earlier this year we used condoms for 6 weeks because I had traveled to Honduras (thanks Zika). Anyone have success with trying the OCP for 2 or 3 months to regulate?
positivethoughts88

Postby FamilyGal » Sat Sep 24, 2016 2:11 am

Hi,

I came off the injection in November and switched to the pill to try and regulate my cycles which have always been irregular unless on BCP, had periods regular whilst on the pill, and stopped in May to ttc. I've had literally no period for 19 weeks until this Thursday when I had very light, scanty bleeding (foolishly dared to hope it could be implantation but fairly sure that's a no now). Like you I've had bloods etc done, PCOS and things have been ruled out, all came back fine, doctors aren't prepared to do anything unless I missed a period for 6 months. So for me, BCP to regulate didn't work, but I hope you have better luck (or better GPs) than I!
FamilyGal
Friend

Return to Irregular Cycles