new member trying to figure out when to test with irreg AF

Come and meet others who are dealing with irregular cycles. Compare charts and get support!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

new member trying to figure out when to test with irreg AF

Postby ariellasmommy » Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:03 pm

im literally five minutes into being a member on this site so i apologize if i posted this in the wrong place, or formatted my post wrong. thanks for understanding :)
anyways, AF is really irregular for me at times and last month in may i got it on May 7th, just wondering if i should assume af is coming june 7th? i didnt get af in April, March i got AF 22nd and Feb on the 14th... ive been having tons of symptoms for almost three weeks now, but im not getting BFP the last three hpt, im not sure when ill be officially past my period to figure out when to take a test, and get the true result??? i had extreme cramping 2 weeks ago where i was curled up ina ball for three hours on the couch, ive been constipated really bad, breasts feel fuller and my nipples are inverted (like they were with my 2 previous pregnancies) but not sore, ive had tons of gas (like really bad), for two days i had really bad back pain, its just been moderate back pain since those couple of days though, my face is really clear which isnt normal... im always breaking out, except when im pregnant. my and my hubby literally had sex almost every other day to every third day, with me doing the pillow method (under my bum for 20 minutes), after i eat i feel nauseated.. but no spotting or sore BB's or positives, so im not really sure what to think. i do have two children, and i got ppregnant with them right away, we were not really trying but not preventing and i just knew i was pregnant, i just felt it, and thats how i feel at the moment. getting really discouraged by three BFN's, but still have hope because im not really sure if ive officially missed my period, im not sure if i go by last month, or what since im so irregular??? PLEASE RESPOND!! going INSANE LOL!!!
ariellasmommy

Re: new member trying to figure out when to test with irreg

Postby Wanabamommy » Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:14 am

Hi ariellasmommy- if my math is right: feb to mar was a 36 day cycle, mar to may was a 46 day cycle.. So I wouldn't say you are late until you go past the 46 days.. Also the feelings and cramps you were having 3 weeks ago was probably you Oing because that would have put you two weeks into your cycle.. Today is cd 29 which is probably still too early to test which is a good thing because it means you still may be preggers.. Good luck!! And baby dust to you!!
Me- 28 PCOS since 14
Dh- 37
Ttc #1 since Oct '12
3/2013- first cycle 50mg clomid, prenatals, opks, hpts
5/2013- second cycle 50 mg clomid, prenatals, vitamins, slept with his men in me and elavated, hpts, opks, oral temped
6/2013- third cycle 50 mg clomid, prenatals, fertility smoothies, vaginal temping

My chart: http://FertilityFriend.com/home/451e14
Wanabamommy
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby ariellasmommy » Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:37 am

thank you for responding. i appreciate that you took your time to do the calculations for me lol that is amazing :) .. i took a test this morning, and its a really faint positive.. its a test from dollarama though so im not really trying to think anything of it.. hcg doubles every other day i read so im going to test with a name brand probably in a couple more days. a positive is a positive usually though right? ... in your opinion are the dollar brand reliable? i read a story a lady dipped one in apple juice and it read positive so thats why i am extremely nervous. and the fact of when i probably o'd, this is all so confusing. i remember when i used to think if u had sex... you got pregnant.. i guess thats just what they use to scare kids in highschool
ariellasmommy

Postby Wanabamommy » Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:52 am

Wow that's awesome!! From what I read a positive is a positive.. I would retest in a couple days like you said.. I'm not sure reliable the cheap ones are but I would get two brands and take a more expensive one if you see a positive on the cheap one.. Fingers crossed!! I think it's much easier for some people to get pregnant than others.. My mom, all she had to do was think about sex and she was pregnant and here I am 8+ months later still nada.. Lol..
Me- 28 PCOS since 14
Dh- 37
Ttc #1 since Oct '12
5/2013- second cycle 50 mg clomid, prenatals, vitamins, slept with his men in me and elavated, hpts, opks, oral temped
6/2013- third cycle 50 mg clomid, prenatals, fertility smoothies, vaginal temping

Wanabamommy
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby ariellasmommy » Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:56 pm

so i have some news.. i took another dollar store one and now its completely white. :? . i really should just bought a name brand but i cant afford to waste 40 dollars if i dont have something thats telling me its a great possibility, you know what i mean? im hoping the first one was just a faulty test, and its actually to early still, like you pointed out, because i still havent got AF yet.. i honest to god feel preggers.. i feel so on edge about everything right now.. my mood is so wacky i wish this would just end with AF showing up or positive, a lot faster.

its so unfair that some people get pregnant so easy, and then others still havent after 8 plus months of trying.. smh... according to the calculations you did for me, today would be cd30, and if my other ones were 46 i guess i have a long time to wait still so i really need to chill out :doh: lol.. i guess i should pretty much just get my last cycle out of my mind and pay more attention to the longer ones, that last one keeps messing up the way im looking at it :oops: . cuz if i went by that i would expect af june 7th, and so i figured the hpt would be able to detect the hormones by now.. but obv not if theres still almost two weeks.. lol this stuff is SOSOSO confusing. i think im going to buy a journal and keep better track of my cycles and when i ovulate and everthing else ive learned on this website so far so i actually know what im talking about.

are you in the waiting game right now? i hope it happens for you soon, you really deserve it considering how long youve been trying hun! tons babydust to you, and thank you so much for replying and helping me out!!
ariellasmommy

Postby Wanabamommy » Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:15 pm

Hi! I understand your frustration!! I absolutely agree to keep records of when af comes, changes in cm, cp, bd, lh surges, etc.. I have irregular cycles and try to monitor everything.. I'm on cd 23 and waiting to O.. Thank you!!! You deserve another alittle one too!! :)your welcome!! I also recommend if you have a Walmart near you they sell hpts for 88 cents each.. Just remember there is still a chance til af shows up!! :) baby dust!!
Me- 28 PCOS since 14
Dh- 37
Ttc #1 since Oct '12

Wanabamommy
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby ariellasmommy » Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:32 pm

thanks hun <3 its really nice to talk to someone about this... i try not to bother my hubby to much because it stresses him out lol ill let you know when something happens...IF EVER lol
ariellasmommy

Postby Wanabamommy » Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:36 pm

Lol I understand that... I think a lot of this stuff my dh doesn't want to hear lol.. We all need gals we can talk to about this who understand what we are going through.. I look forward in hearing your updates!! :)
Me- 28 PCOS since 14
Dh- 37
Ttc #1 since Oct '12

Wanabamommy
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby ariellasmommy » Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:17 pm

hey wanabamommy! my little update for today (lol) is not last night but the night before, i went to the washroom and saw some bright red blood in my cm and i got so nervous that i was guna wake up with AF, but to my suprise she didnt show... and still hasnt... so do you think that would be implantation bleeding? if we went by my long cycles and about 3 weeks ago the cramping and stuff would of been ovulation time, would it make sense for IB to be happening around now? i honestly wish i would have been keeping track of everythhing. if this cycle ends with af, i deff learned my lesson lol its so confusing when you dont keep track.
ariellasmommy

Postby Wanabamommy » Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:39 pm

Hi ariellasmommy, honestly if you did ovulate when you think you did I don't think it's implantation bleeding because implantation usually takes place before 12 days.. I mean it may be if it was just floating inside you and just now came out.. But I know last cycle ( my longest cycle in my adult life) one day after O like weeks later I had wiped and there were 3 red specks and not sure what it was but cycle was a bust.. I hope your cycle ends on a positive!! Fx!!
Me- 28 PCOS since 14
Dh- 37
Ttc #1 since Oct '12

Wanabamommy
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby ariellasmommy » Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:02 pm

yea i wasnt quite sure because i read that IB is typically dark brown, and this was like pink-ish. hmmm idk i just wish something would show up here, either way i just wanna knooooooow! thanks girl!
ariellasmommy

Postby Wanabamommy » Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:05 pm

Oh trust me I know what you are going through!! I went through that last cycle.. Just try to relax and stay positive and do something for yourself.. :)
Me- 28 PCOS since 14
Dh- 37
Ttc #1 since Oct '12

Wanabamommy
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby randapanda » Sat Jun 08, 2013 6:07 am

Hey guys I have been following ya'lls conversation and am irregular myself. I believe I had a period on March 11 and the period was MIA in April. Then following a car accident and stress my AF came on May 14. I think I O'd between 23 -27 since my libido and CM were like egg white ir sorry tmi basically EWCM. We BD'd ever other day on that time grame

On June 6 and and a little on the 7th I got what looked like
randapanda
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby randapanda » Sat Jun 08, 2013 6:52 am

Brownish/pink cm when I wiped. We are right now ttc #2 for 3 months so far. Been real tired and emotional lately. Not too hungry and tested a few days ago with a BFN. We have a 4 yr old and I get so disappointed when I see that ugly result when I POAS. :-(
randapanda
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Wanabamommy » Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:26 am

Hi and welcome randa!!
It still may be early for you to test because if my math is right you are only on cd 24.. What is the range of length of your cycles?? It definitely is disappointing to see the bfn.. :(. Do you bd while af is around??
Me- 28 PCOS since 14
Dh- 37
Ttc #1 since Oct '12

Wanabamommy
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Next

Return to Irregular Cycles