New, Extremely Irregular and ttc

Come and meet others who are dealing with irregular cycles. Compare charts and get support!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

New, Extremely Irregular and ttc

Postby JEV » Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:13 pm

Hello there ladies :)

So my husband and I have been trying to conceive for a little over a year now...but problem is I'm lucky to have a period once a year let alone once a month. I havent had a full on one in over a year now. I was looking for some advice from someone in a similar situation?

Also I have a question. (knowing that I have extremely irregular periods) its been about 2-3 weeks since my husband and I did it and im experiencing some spotting. this is day two (12/16) and I dont know whether to think its a period or implantation spotting...HELP!
JEV

Re: New, Extremely Irregular and ttc

Postby calz » Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:53 am

Hi Jev! I would recommend you see a doctor about having only one period a year. Usually, a period follows roughly 2 weeks after ovulation. If you don't ovulate, you won't be expecting a period. Seeing as you only have one period in the space of an entire year, it's possible you're only releasing an egg once a year. That gives you just one week (roughly, of fertile days) in the entire year to try to conceive. That'll reduce your chances of conceiving any time soon significantly. A doctor could help you regulate your cycles and confirm ovulation for you. I really hope you get your BFP soon! Best of luck :)
Me - 27
DH - 28

Married 4 years

My Ovulation Chart
calz
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby JEV » Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:07 pm

I know I need to see a doctor..but problem is I have no insurance. Last time I mentioned it to a doctor when I had insurance they wanted me to have a thyroid panel done. But I lost my insurance before I could get that done.

Also, this is day 3 (12/17) and the bleeding as stopped. So Im even more confused. :(
JEV

Postby calz » Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:12 am

Oh I'm sorry! I am not familiar with the US healthcare system, if that's where you're from. I find it crazy that so many women can't visit a doctor because they have no insurance! I've read it so many times on here from different women who need help. I hope somehow you get the help you need, or that your system just fixes itself. I don't know about the bleeding though, it's hard to say with a year long cycle. I suggest you start temping and taking opks. Temps help a lot for determining ovulation when you aren't being observed medically.

Also, there are some natural remedies that are supposed to help regulate cycles, such as Vitex and Soy Isoflavones. If you google it, you can look into the different options. Maybe a natural remedy can help you. I'm really sorry that you can't be seen without insurance though :( that sucks!
Me - 27
DH - 28

Married 4 years

My Ovulation Chart
calz
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Alwaysherebefore » Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:09 pm

I know it can be frustrating with no health insurance but I know there are ways to get the tests you need without breaking the bank. I'd ask your doctors office if they offer a cash discount on visits (most do). Also you could talk to the hospital/lab doing your tests about payment options as well as programs that help those without insurance. When you start asking it's surprising how helpful they can be!
30, married Oct 2012
TTC since Oct 2013
Diagnosed with PCOS Aug 2014
Alwaysherebefore
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Return to Irregular Cycles