*new here, just looking for input

Come and meet others who are dealing with irregular cycles. Compare charts and get support!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

*new here, just looking for input

Postby hoping4two » Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:07 pm

Hi ladies..posting just for input or thoughts. I'm new here so not exactly sure how this works..

Here's my story.. I'm just curious as to my situation. I have always had irregular periods Sometimes 3 months but usually only 2 periods a yr. I conceived naturally with my first but was born 4 months premature for unknown reasons. My husband and I are trying again. I've been put on clomid for 5 cycles with provera to induce period with no luck conceiving. Recently we took a break and tried naturally. Last period came natural Oct 29 - Nov 6th. Suspected ovulation dec 12th (based on pos opks) I then began spotting Dec 17th brown spotting which lasted 10 days on and off with pink here and there. Nothing ever came onto a pad only when wiping. For the past 3 days it got a little heavier and darker red but only for maybe an hour then disappeared completely.
Yesterday it started leaking a few drops and was pretty heavy when wiped so I put on a pad checked a few hours later and it was all brown but barely even on the pad.
Today I have pain and aches in my lower left ovary area and the spotting is back to brown, but it's only when I wipe and nothing on the pad all day ..

Am I pregnant , is it too soon to tell? I did a test on Christmas Dec 25th and it was negative.

I'm starting to lose hope. We've been ttc for 2 years.

Any advice ladies? I feel like I'll be up all night racking my brain
hoping4two
Friend

Re: *new here, just looking for input

Postby Happyfroggy » Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:44 pm

You know what, from your description you could even be confusing pregnancy with ovulation! As for many women pain with spotting occurs when they ovulate.

Have you ever tried charting? If not, I would highly recommend it in your scenario. THat way it will confirm when ovulation occurred. Especially since you are so irregular it would be useful for you to know if you need to keep trying or if ovulation has past.

Did you test????
BFP on Friday Feb 3rd 2017 but ended in miscarriage at 7 1/2 weeks :(

Didn't chart this time, last time was TTC for over a year, BFP chart from daughter :D :
My Ovulation Chart
Happyfroggy
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Re: *new here, just looking for input

Postby hoping4two » Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:16 am

I chart on my phone with my ovulation app. I don't do temps because I'm up almost every few hrs with my 2 yr old.

I also use opks (the clear blue digital that tell high fertility and peak fertility)

Although this month I skipped the opk .. I could have ovulated later but the spotting for 12 days confuses me.

It finally stopped 2 days ago so I am trying to hold off 2 more days to test. If BFN I'll go get a blood test to confirm.
hoping4two
Friend

Return to Irregular Cycles