Question about bloods

Come and meet others who are dealing with irregular cycles. Compare charts and get support!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Question about bloods

Postby Maroon69 » Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:11 pm

Not sure if this is the right group..

Hi everybody,

I was diagnosed with PCOS 6 years ago. I'm now 25 and have been TTC for a year.

I went to my GP last week and told him we're ttc without any luck and my last AF was in mid October 2013. He's asked my OH to have a semen analysis (being done next week) and asked me to have day 3 and day 21 bloods. I told him I'm on day 100+ And he said just have day 21s done now and come back for day 3 whenever I get my AF.

He going to make a referral to gyne when we get the SA results back (don't think there will be a problem at that end).

When I got home I started to get abit worried about saying the bloods have been done for day 21 when in fact they'll be day 100+. Two questions...

Will this look better for the referral?
If I go back and ask for provera, will it throw duff results for both the bloods?

(I've had irregular cycles since I was 14. Around 3 a year)

Thanks
TTC #1 since Feb 2013
Diagnosed with PCOS 6 years ago.
BMI- 23.4
Maroon69

Re: Question about bloods

Postby Tee2876 » Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:13 pm

don't worry to much he just wants to see if you Ovulated yet. did he get SA yet, are the results in? I would ask for provera after cd21 bloods come back because if you O'd then no reason to take provera.

Me (39) FSH: 5.82 with all other bloods perfect on CD3 so why can't we get pregnant! SCREAM (MTHFR, 1 Copy of A1289C) Still should not prevent me from achieving the ultimate goal, SCREAM some more!
DH (36)
DS1 (22)
DS2 (19)
DD (16)
DSS (10)
DSS (7)
Furbaby Cleo (4)

"Never give up on something you can't go a day without thinking about" - anonymous...

My Ovulation Chart
Tee2876
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Irregular Cycles