First month using Femaprin(vitex)

Come and meet others who are dealing with irregular cycles. Compare charts and get support!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

First month using Femaprin(vitex)

Postby pjju » Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:18 pm

So I am on my 7th month off birth control and my cycles have been getting longer but are a stand still @ 50 days cycle now. I was 24 days, 32, 33, 37, 49, 50, and now waiting for my next period to start. I started taking Femaprin this month at the start of my new cycle so its been about a month taking it now. I am also taking maca root and prenatal vitamins. I have to say... I think the femaprin might be working... I usually have mid-cycle spotting every month and this month NOTHING. I was very skeptical when I began using it but I really think at least one of these herbs helped me with my midcycle spotting.

I got on birth control again because my periods were sooo irregular after my miscarriage(@10weeks lost my baby I SWEAR I got pregnant on Provera to induce my period I must have ovulated right after and got pregnant) last April and I was hoping they would help me get my periods more regular, but nope. NOW I have 16 days left til I hit my 50 day mark again. I was hoping I would start my period earlier taking vitex but nothing yet.I have also started temping this cycle which I REALLY recommend for people TTC its just hard for me to temp at the SAME time every single morning, I don't wake up at the same time every morning!!

Its only been a month taking it but I think its working with at least not making me spot! Has anyone else had this happen to them? :p
pjju

Re: First month using Femaprin(vitex)

Postby pjju » Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:56 pm

I am now 11 days til I start my period and just experienced some brown light spotting with light cramps today with a little temp spike, 97.31 yesterday and today 97.97? I duno, if it is my period that means it came early and the vitex is working! but it could just be spotting or something else. I DID have what I thought to be implantation spotting in my previous pregnancy 2 weeks before I was due for my period and the following week as well. So, for anyone curious about if this is working I'll update what happens :p

Also, to add. This is weird for me because before I start my period I ALWAYS get sore breasts and headaches like 2 days before I start, and right now I have NO breast tenderness/headaches whatsoever. The only things that have been going on with my body lately are, this week I have had HORRIBLE allergies and an acne breakout all on my chest, neck, face, back (so I don't think this spotting I am having is my period coming early). :P
pjju

Postby pjju » Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:32 am

Well I am still bleeding but it is very very light. I am using pads but they are very scanty amounts of blood and it is like brown/pink blood not at all bright red bleeding like usual. Yesterday at work I got really bad cramps for a couple of hours and I felt nauseous and I was expecting to go to the bathroom and see a heavy flow, but nothing still light spotting. Today I am not having any cramps just small twinges and only light pink blood when I wipe.

Sooo Im gonna say this is probably my period and I think that I am VERY happy with my results using Femaprin! :) It made me start my period 12 days early :omg: !!!!! This is AWESOME for having my past 2 cycles be 50 days. AND I know it is helping my pre-menstrual/mid-cycle symptoms(Sore breasts, sore nipples, random cramps, headaches) I had NONE of those this cycle. Although I don't think I am ovulating but maybe if I can get my cycles shorter each month it will increase my chances of ovulating. AND even though I am not pregnant I think if you are having irregular periods you should try this!!!! I was really skeptical of taking herbs to regulate my cycle, I didn't think it would work..but I took my pills every morning and got the results I was wanting, better than I expected really because I didn't think they would work THIS fast for me. This is what I took this month.

Maca root powder- 2 a day (even though it says 2 in the morning and 1 at night I decided to start out taking 2 and increase my dosage overtime)

Femaprin - 1 a day

Prenatal Vitamin - 1 a day

Raspberry Leaf Tea - 2 cups a day ( but I ran out so I haven't bought more lol)

I am thinking about doing an update for next month too if anyone is interested lol. I will continue taking the same stuff but do 3 maca a day now. I will also be doing my BBT this month at the same time every morning so hopefully my graph will not look as crazy.
pjju

Re: First month using Femaprin(vitex) UPDATE

Postby pjju » Fri May 16, 2014 4:33 am

Hello Ladies :)

Well I have an interesting update... I am 6 days away to my next period I should start next Thursday(39 day mark)... and I have been having some pretty strange things happen to me lately.... Last week I had obvious ovulation pain on one side of my ovary followed by a huge acne breakout and a lot of ewcm but Ima say Im prolly 12 dpo.... WELL... this is the 5th day I have had sore nipples(VERY STRANGE this never happens.. and they are getting worse) and 3 days ago I started having very light light cramping.. the day before yesterday started having some right ovary cramps and then that night had some very strange low pelvic cramps (almost like a pulsating feeling would come and go every 15-20 min not painful but if you've experienced them they are nothing like period cramps) and yesterday unmistakable cramping/pulsating in low pelvic area allll day on and off but completley unlike period cramps (perhaps this is implantation?????). WELL.... I am 98.99% I am pregnant because all of those symptoms as well as THESE symptoms are the SAME symptoms I had with my LAST pregnancy! The only thing that is different is that I had globs of ewcm with blood streaked during my TWW and I haven't had that yet. Other symptoms include my left arm, underneath it near the armpit is really sore like I worked it out ( I had the same thing with preg #1 and I was like wtf why is that sore under there.. you have lymph nodes under your arm that can get sore during preg), acne is still prominant, and I haven't been able to sleep at all lately. Still taking Femaprin 1ce a day and 2 maca root capsules 1ce a day. I will test next week(if I can hold out that long) and follow with an update ^_^ Im pretty sure just from knowing my body I am pregnant and if I am, I KNOW KNOW KNOW KNOWWWWWWW that maca root and the femaprin helped me concieve and everyone should at least TRY it if having problems ovulating or with irregular cycles.

Also, if I got preg this cycle that would mean that these herbs took only 2 months to take effect for me O_O thats awesome!!!!!
pjju

Postby nicolethompson » Wed Dec 31, 2014 11:26 pm

I have recently started using Femaprin as recommended by my doctor. I am not facing any issues with this tablet and it didn't affect to my menstruation expect for heavy bleeding. I am not having any cramps or other pain due to heavy bleeding. But my doctor recommended me to make use of menstrual cup rather than sanitary napkins to avoid vaginal infections.
nicolethompson

Return to Irregular Cycles