Irregular Cycles and TTC #1

Come and meet others who are dealing with irregular cycles. Compare charts and get support!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Irregular Cycles and TTC #1

Postby unpatientwaiter » Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:30 am

I think this board will better suit my needs.

I am no new member to this site as I have been ttc for over a year now. :-( well my partner has been diagnosed with a low sperm count and my doc recently took me off femara and trigger shot so Im back to having the really horribly long cycles. Its sucks when TTC because I never know when to expect O. I could cry. On femara I O on CD15 or 16 like clockwork. at this rate I will never get pregnant. DH also just started a job where he is traveling most of the time. It does look like I will O between today and Friday but he he isnt here. also my CM doesnt align with those dates. I have a thick creamy white CM where last week it was clear thin and actually EWCM. like how does this happen?? Im heartbroken.

I even used the Clearblue digital advanced OPK and it gave me a solid smiley for last friday which means Ovulation is approaching. well its about a week later and still no temp shift that suggests O has occured. I took a cheapy O test last night just to see what was going on and it looked not quite positive. I guess I will keep taking them for the rest of the week to see what happens. If I dont O by friday I will assume Im having an annovulatory cycle.

So I just O on CD23 verified by my temps. How does this happen if I had fertileCM last week. and me and dh havent BD so Im pretty sure Im Out this cycle. I wont O again until sept.
Me: 28
DH: 29
TTC #1
TTC for 16 months
Taking a break indefinitely
4/2014 - HSG showed both tubes are open and clear.
DH diagnosed with Low-Sperm Count - 18million - 6 million good enough for IUI
First IUI - June 15, 2014 - BFN
:bfp: 15DPO!
Beta #1 -356
Beta #2 - 1103!!!!!

Its a :babyb: !!!!!

My Ovulation Chart

ImageMake a pregnancy ticker[/url

[url=http://www.countdownmypregnancy.com]Image
unpatientwaiter
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Re: Irregular Cycles and TTC #1

Postby unpatientwaiter » Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:54 pm

Anyone with irregular cycles similar to mine?
TTC #1
TTC for 16 months
Beta #1 -356
Beta #2 - 1103!!!!!

My Ovulation Chart

unpatientwaiter
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Mrs.S. » Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:29 pm

Hi! I'm always happy to connect with others TTC with long/irregular cycles. I am also 28 and TTC #1. I've had long/irregular cycles for almost a year, since coming off BCPs. My cycles have averaged to about 50-odd days. This is my 4th cycle on clomid (first cycle on 150 mg). Lower doses of clomid have not helped me to ovulate any sooner than I typically would.

On my clomid cycles I have also had weird spurts of ewcm that does not correlate with ovulation. It is so frustrating. I am pretty active with a group of other wonderful women on the clomid board- feel free to join us if you want : )

What does your current cycle look like?
Mrs.S.
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby ricemill » Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:20 pm

Hey ladies! I'm right there with you when it comes to frustration and irregular/long cycles!! I started temping a few months ago and realized I wasn't ovulating. So I started taking Vitex. Since then I've had very clear/strong ovulation even if it comes past CD30! If you guys would like to try it I would highly recommend it. It's supposed to correct hormonal imbalances that cause irregular & long cycles. This will be my third cycle taking it and I know it works better after taking it for longer periods of time so we'll see if it starts shortening my cycles.

Unpatientwaiter, have you tried Maca root for your hubby? I've heard very great things about how it nourishes sperm and boosts motility and it also helps nourish eggs. I'm going to start taking it next week and very excited!
ricemill
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby unpatientwaiter » Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:34 am

Mrs. S....my cycle was 36 days this time so Im now on CD4 i think. Im trying to relax because it seems like when people stop trying they get pregnant. I am starting accupuncture today to help with the stress of everything and hopefully get some blood flow going. I usually stay in the 30ish range for my cycles BUT I do have occasional cycles that have been in the 40s and 50 days long as well. its hard to pinpoint anything so this month Im not going to try and pinpoint O at all. Im just going to have intercourse when I can and not stress about it.

Ricemill i keep hearing about his vitex stuff. I ordered some myo-insotol offline and it has Vitex in it so we shall see what happens with that. I havent heard of Maca root for him but he is being really selfish right now he doesnt seem to want to do anything. he seems to think it will just happen over time. everytime we have an argument i want to punch him in he face.
TTC #1
TTC for 16 months
Beta #1 -356
Beta #2 - 1103!!!!!

My Ovulation Chart

unpatientwaiter
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Mrs.S. » Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:37 pm

Rice, I'm glad that Vitex worked for you! I actually have some, but haven't given it a full try yet because I was given a Clomid prescription just a week or so after I bought it. If my current Clomid cycle doesn't work, I will be done with Clomid and am planning to try Vitex. I almost wish I would have just it before Clomid- I've heard a lot of people have had success with it.

Waiter, I like your positive attitude about your current cycle! I had an acupuncture appointment yesterday with a woman that does a lot of work around fertility. I plan on seeing her for a month or two to see how things go. I would like to try acupuncture before I move onto more invasive treatment options. Have you every done acupuncture before? I've used it for a few things and have always felt like I got some results from it. I hope it works for us!
Mrs.S.
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby unpatientwaiter » Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:00 am

Mrs. S Im super late but No this is the first month Ive tried it and I believe I O on CD16 this month which means it has really helped to shorten my cycle alot. Im really happy about that.
TTC #1
TTC for 16 months
Beta #1 -356
Beta #2 - 1103!!!!!

My Ovulation Chart

unpatientwaiter
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Mrs.S. » Thu Oct 09, 2014 2:53 pm

That's great! It's CD36 for me and i'm thinking that this cycle might be a bust. This will be my last clomid cycle, so I think I might break open that bottle of vitex after AF shows...
Mrs.S.
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby ricemill » Sat Nov 15, 2014 3:05 pm

Any updates from anyone? My cycles are still long and I'm coming up on a year of TTC. The vitex has helped me to ovulate even though late. This cycle I ovulated on Cd31…not sure how patient I can keep being.
ricemill
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Return to Irregular Cycles