TTC after birth control

Come and meet others who are dealing with irregular cycles. Compare charts and get support!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: TTC after birth control

Postby kflores31 » Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:37 pm

Thanks babydust- first of all I don't think I've even congratulated you yet! So happy for you and DH and your little girl!!!

Thanks for the symptoms! I've also been up super early, I can't sleep in anymore and trust me, I am normally NOT a morning person haha
Me: 25 | DH: 26
Nov 2014: Dx PCOS
Jan 2015: 1500mg Metformin
6/14/15: BFP :)

kflores31
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby babydust530 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 5:29 am

Thanks! :)
Yes I remember thinking that symptom was so weird because I love to sleep in, but I kept waking up before my alarm and wouldn't fall back asleep. I've heard some women say that's your body getting you ready for the early morning feedings. How did it go with dh last night? Are you planning on telling anyone else?
Me: 32
DH: 32
Our little girl is 17-months old (born Oct. 2015)
BFP on 4/5/17 (est. due date 12/18/17)
babydust530
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby isis0228 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 6:12 am

Kflores how did DH take the news?! So exciting, i think the only real symptom i had early on was sore boobs and nipples for about a week, then about 5-6 wks nauseous if i didnt eat every few hours. Good luck with your appointment

Babydust is your DH glad you both found out the gender! Girls are going to be so much fun to dress up! I can tell you now, you have way more of a clothing selection then i do! ha
its a...BOY!!!Due Oct 30th! :)

isis0228
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby babydust530 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 6:42 am

Dh is going through a little bit of gender disappointment. He feels really guilty for being disappointed it's not a boy, and I've just been trying to reassure him that gender disappointment is completely normal. As days have gone by he has been having an easier and easier time with the idea he is going to have a little girl.
I'm so glad we decided to find out because this gives him a few months to get used to the idea of having a girl. I, on the other hand, was leaning towards wanting a girl so I'm beyond thrilled!!! I'm going to try to control the shopping because I know our families are going to buy lots of clothes.
babydust530
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby kflores31 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:09 am

DH kind of went through shock! He had the biggest smile on his face when he saw the test, but then it was as if his whole life was flashing before his eyes haha. He was pretty quiet the rest of the evening. He was in a better mood this morning. When he kissed me goodbye he lifted up my shirt and kissed my belly too, it was the cutest!

Babydust, I'm sure it will take some time for DH to come around. that little girl will have him wrapped around her little fingers :)

kflores31
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby isis0228 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:41 am

Yeah babydust my DH was so excited it was a boy, more then he would be if it was a girl, but i think after the initial shock, she will definitely be a daddys girl at least with us. Im sure your DH will get excited about a little girl esp having alot of time to get used to it, and even seen other dads with baby girls!

Kflores, all men get that look at first mine definitely did, its almost like ok am i ready for this, can i provide etc. But after a while they get more comfortable about it!

So happy for all of us ladies! We have come a long way! :)

isis0228
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby kflores31 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:32 am

It blows my mind how different doctors approach pregnancy! So, I called my doctor yesterday and told them I had a positive test and need to get the blood work done and they said okay and took care of the paperwork. I go to the lab this morning, and the lady is pulling vile after vile out of the drawer and I was like, "Holy crap how many viles of blood do you need? What all are they testing?" And she told me its the "Pre-Natal blood scan, and started naming off things like, Hep B, C, blood type, STD's, ect... and I was like "Are you even testing for HCG?" and she goes, "Nope that's not on the list" and I was like "Uh okay that's strange that they don't even want to confirm the pregnancy" And the tech goes, "Well you took a urine test right? I guess they are just taking your word for it". How crazy is that?! I guess i'll never know what my numbers are... maybe thats a good thing and so i'm not left with being worried if they are "good" or not. Or maybe since this is my first pregnancy and I have no history of miscarriages or high risk and so far no spotting or anything pointing to a problem?

kflores31
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby isis0228 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:36 am

Yea that is weird, that they wouldnt even confirm first to even see how long you were in your pregnancy. Maybe request it next time you see the Dr. I got those at my first too but they also tested my hcg, i got my prenatal blood scan the 2nd or 3rd appointment. Just see how it goes when you actually see the Dr.

isis0228
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby babydust530 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 5:07 pm

Yes doctors can have very different approaches. My doctor did the hcg and progestorone blood test from my bfp until almost 12 weeks ( which is way too long compared to other doctors). I didn't do my pre-natal bloodwork until my 2nd or 3rd appointment. My doctor wouldn't even confirm my pregnancy until my hcg scores came back. You are right, these scores can make you crazy but if you decide you want it just ask your doctor for it.
babydust530
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby kflores31 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:02 am

I'm going to take my last CB digital tomorrow morning, thats when AF should have been here, so I hope it says Pregnant 2-3 weeks. That'll make me feel better to know hcg is rising. Its hard not to become a POAS addict. I've still been taking my wondfo's every morning. Cause, well, I have a lot of them and why not? The line on the Wondfo keeps getting darker, but its still not as dark as I thought it would be. Ahh the worrying never ends, huh??

The fatigue has definitely crept in! I was in bed by 8:30 last night. But I also had a headache so that may have been why. The crazy thing is how I am such a morning person now. It blows my mind!

kflores31
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby babydust530 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:00 am

I wouldn't put too much weight on the tests. My wodfo didn't get darker even though my hcg was more than tripling and it never reached control line. Also the digital needs a pretty high hcg level to move up in weeks predicted. If I were you I would ask the doctor for a hcg test to make sure your numbers are increasing properly. It's a much more accurate result than getting yourself stressed out with taking tests.
babydust530
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby isis0228 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:04 pm

I agree, some of my cheapies werent as dark either. I did like the CB because it tells you in weeks, so it was easy to figure out when my weeks turned over. So i took my first one on a Wednesday and the next one on a Saturday, found out i O'ed on Friday! it was so cool to see it go from 1-2 to 2-3wks! Although they faded fast with the digital it didnt stay saying how many weeks so that bummed me out.

Babhydust yay on 20 weeks! how are you feeling?!

isis0228
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby babydust530 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:10 pm

Doctor's appointment summary:
-baby girl is looking good and all measurements were fine :)
-doctor moved my due date to October 22nd but he thinks baby will come later in October
-I gained 9 pounds in 5 weeks!! Doctor told me to reduce the amount of unhealthy food and carbs...I'm like great first I'm not gaining enough and now I'm gaining too much.
-he said the 175 heartbeat at the u/s is fine and baby's hb was good today
-I have an anterior placenta, which I guess explains why I haven't felt very intense and ongoing movements/kicks
-doctor examined the redness on my breast and is sending me for a breast sonogram tomorrow. I know the odds of me having inflammatory breast cancer is slim, but I'm so scared. When I got home I kept crying and petrified that I could have cancer. I just want to be able to enjoy the fact that this little girl is healthy so far, and instead I'm so scared about my own health
-I found out that in about a month I get switched to another doctor that my doctor works with who I'll be seeing until the end of my pregnancy and who will deliver my baby. My doctor swears he told me this, but I'm sure he didn't. I'm a little annoyed, but trying not to make a big deal out of it. Plus this doctor is a few towns over which sucks too, because my doctor is 2 min from my house.
babydust530
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby isis0228 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:26 pm

Babydust im so glad babygirl is doing great! And yay for an earlier due date i would love that! ha but your right she will come when shes ready

Also 9 lbs isnt that bad, i was told that when i gained 7 in 4 wks that it was normal ,and as long as its not a consistant 7 every 4 wks then it will be fine, the dr said that your weight will change every month from 7 lbs to 3 lbs, etc. so im suprised he said to watch what you eat so soon.
- what type of redness did you have, i have a little as well but never told the dr and assumed it was my nipples and breast getting ready?! And wouldnt your blood work some off results if it was cancerous?! Honestly keep calm im sure its just precaution him sending you for a sonogram, but fingers crossed all is good!

To bad about having another dr at the end of your pregnancy what a way to confuse you. but then again ive only seen nurses at my appointments so far, altho i see the dr in the hallway and have been a patient for some time so i atleast know her. not sure when i will actually start seeing her i bet in the 3rd tri

isis0228
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby babydust530 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:54 pm

It's on the lower half of my breast and it's red and the skin texture resembles a little of an orange peel (like if you look closely you can see the little holes where hair follicles come from but no hair). It also feels a bit warm but it's not itchy and does not hurt. What does yours look like?
babydust530
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

PreviousNext

Return to Irregular Cycles