Bloodsample on Monday... scared :(

Come and meet others who are dealing with irregular cycles. Compare charts and get support!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Bloodsample on Monday... scared :(

Postby fifster » Sat May 07, 2016 3:31 am

So,

I just need to put this down in words and leave it somewhere in the open.

I’m going to have a blood sample taken on Monday morning to check out my hormone levels. I fear I’m not ovulating at all or that something else is wrong with me. I’ve also got an appointment at a gynaecologist in august (long waiting list) to determine what’s going on in my body.

I came off BC a year ago. We weren’t trying for a baby then, but we figured since it could take up to a year for the body to readjust itself, we might as well think a little ahead.

Since then, my periods have been super irregular, and generally long (around 40-42 days on average). My body feels like a mess, with these irregular periods of varying length and strength and my skin looks like it did when I was 16.

Now the time has come, where my boyfriend and I really do wish for a baby. It’s a funny thing, but now that we are moving into this new territory, it got me immediately impatient and obsessed.

We have only intently TTC for one cycle, so it’s much too soon to be disappointed with the result. It’s just that I worry this might be a long and complicated journey for us, I have this feeling that things are not right in my body.
fifster
Friend

Re: Bloodsample on Monday... scared :(

Postby AimeeNZ » Tue May 10, 2016 9:35 pm

Hi Fifster,

I read your post just now and wanted to see you how you're going. I know it IS really scary! I'm on my third cycle since we started TTC, but it's our 5th month, because my cycles are erratic and long. I'm currently on CD47, which no signs of AF coming any time soon. It's frustrating and worrying and HARD. :cry: Did your blood sample tell you anything? I hope you're feeling better!

Aimee x
AimeeNZ
Friend

Return to Irregular Cycles