Where is my period???

Come and meet others who are dealing with irregular cycles. Compare charts and get support!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Where is my period???

Postby aeltex » Mon Oct 17, 2016 7:54 am

Hi All, I'm new to this board but have browsed before. I'm planning on making an appointment with the gyn this week, but I wanted to know if anyone had any ideas about what's going on with me.

My history: Have had irregular periods for my whole life. Never tracked b/c always avoided pregnancy. Was on the pill for the past 4 years. Went off end of July. I've had two cycles.

Cycle 1
Period: July 28 (withdrawal bleeding from pill)
-Used Clear Blue advanced OPK. Never got a High reading, just got Peak.

Cycle 2
Period: Sept 2 (had some spotting before period started)
-Starting Sept 20 - Had High fertility readings for a few days. Got Peak Sept 25. BBD that day. I did experience the EWCM.
-Sept 27 - Temp 96.88 (assumed ovulation occurred this day)
-Sept 28 - Temp 97.27
-Today is 10/17. Have not had my period yet. Haven't had any spotting or menstrual-like cramps. I haven't been temping religiously b/c I didn't want to get obsessed, but my temp is kind of down (today 96.90). All BFNs. I would be 20 DPO, if I did in fact ovulate.

Possibilities:
-I didn't really ovulate, despite the OPK readings and temp dip + rise. Now I'm just waiting for AF to come.
-I'm pregnant, but for some reason getting BFNs and temp is acting weird.
-I'm pregnant, but there is something wrong that is making it not viable. This would be disturbing but I am not afraid learning this.

I tend to be a little anxious, but I haven't been stressing myself out to the point where I think I'd be affecting my cycle. I'm really OK with not being pregnant right now, I just want to know what's happening in my body.

Only symptoms I've had that could be called pregnancy-like: some fatigue/sleepiness, boobs sometimes get weird aches
aeltex

Re: Where is my period???

Postby Danaa » Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:49 pm

I think your body just needs more time to get back to "normal " after the bcp.
You might have not ovulated and that is why ur period is late.good luck!
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
Short Protocol with Bemfola and Cetrotide
19mature eggs and we have 9 day5 blasto.
FET#1 ended in a loss around 5 weeks
FET#2 ended in a loss at 22w due to IC,my boys will be forever in my heart .
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby aeltex » Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:36 pm

I think you are correct. I went to the gyn on 10/24 and got a blood test and prolactin test. HCG was -5, so I'm not pregnant. I had normal prolactin levels. I'll be taking Provera in 2 weeks if my period doesn't come by then. Today I'm at CD 54.

Thanks for the note!
aeltex

Postby Danaa » Wed Oct 26, 2016 2:03 pm

Im happy you have an answer!
Good luck
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
Short Protocol with Bemfola and Cetrotide
19mature eggs and we have 9 day5 blasto.
FET#1 ended in a loss around 5 weeks
FET#2 ended in a loss at 22w due to IC,my boys will be forever in my heart .
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Irregular Cycles