Geritol Complete: Is there something to it?

This board is for anyone who wants to discuss TTC naturally with herbal supplements, etc.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

It helps with egg quality
7%
It helps with CM quality
13%
It helps with regulating my cycle
No votes
It helps in some other way
27%
It doesn't help
27%
It has a placebo effect
27%

Total votes : 15

Postby ToesCrossed » Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:45 pm

There has to be something about GC to give all these BFPs! Or not! Please tell us what you think one way or another!
ToesCrossed

Postby kraken » Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:49 am

Its just a multi vitamin. I suppose it could improve over all health for women who are not getting enough vitamins and minerals in their regular diets. It does not have an optimal blend for ttc. I vote placebo effect, combined with improving general health for some people.
Emily 36

Many years of TTC & early pregnancy loss dx lpd many cycles of clomid
Surprise BFP 3-24-2011
Titus Sebastian born 11-4-2011

TTC # 2 fall of 2012
lucky foster mother to one sweet 5 year old boy
kraken
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby BlackAngelPlayah » Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:48 pm

It think there may be something to it, but I'm not sure what exactly that something is. It could be part placebo effect, part vitamins and minerals.. Partly it builds up the blood. (Geritol is or use to be FULL of iron.) This myth got started somehow. All myths do.

I wouldn't tell a person to take Geritol and you'll get pregnant for sure! No, never that. What am I, stupid? :lol:

But if all else was failing, I'd say give it a try. Look at all the drugs and books we invest in with no guarantee it will work. But we buy it in good faith. That's what I'd suggest Geritol as. You may get a :bfp: you may not, but it gives hope to those trying to ttc and that does work sometimes. (placebo effect.) Why this always gets so heated, I have no idea. (I've read the past treads and good LORD, you'd think they were debating ABORTION or something serious!! LoL!)

I can't say Geritol actually works. If it does, so does Centrums or One a Day or any other vitamin. Plus if you take prenatals, centrums, or One a Day you get the folic acid you need too. So I'd have to go with those multis.

Jen :babyg: :babydustg: :praying:
Image Image Image Image
http://TheBabyChronicles-BlackAngel.blogspot.com

Me: 36, Super irregular cycles, possible PCOS
DH: 57, Recently diagnosed with Prostate Cancer :( , Has Chosen watchful waiting
TTC #1 :baby:
BlackAngelPlayah
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby sallyseven » Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:12 pm

i took a whole bottle and nothin so i vote no it is just vitamins and doesnt help
sallyseven

Postby Lisa79 » Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:29 am

kraken wrote:Its just a multi vitamin. I suppose it could improve over all health for women who are not getting enough vitamins and minerals in their regular diets. It does not have an optimal blend for ttc. I vote placebo effect, combined with improving general health for some people.

Ditto all of that.
Me: 34 DH: 35
PCOS, Insulin Resistance, Hypothyroidism, Anovulation
BFP 11-30-11 @ 8dpo after 3 years, lots of fertility treatments, and 4 chemical m/c
beta #1 9dpo: 7 beta #2 14dpo: 113 beta #3 20dpo: 1467
Zoe Born on Aug 8th 2012
Now TTC#2
BFP 7/6/14 @ 9dpo Stick baby stick!
Lisa79
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Wishingandwaitingnomore! » Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:07 pm

All I know is that we tried for 6+ years, and after a cycle and a half of taking GC I finally got that BFP.

Miracle drug? To me, maybe.
Me-28 :hb: DH-30 :hb: Married-09/21/03
TTC #1 for 6 years
DS: 23 months
TTC #2 for 1 month BPF 10/6
Wishingandwaitingnomore!
Friend

Postby Emmo » Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:23 pm

Yea, we tried for 9 months (while taking prenatals) and the first month I took GC, I got my BFP.
This second time around, we tried for 2 months- both on GC and got the BFP the second month.

I definitely think there is something to it. There are success stories all over the internet. If it were just because of the vitamins in general, then people would be claiming the same things about other multivitamins, which they don't.

And "placebo effect" means that the person believes in the medicine, therefore they perceive that it made a difference, lol. So that wouldn't really make sense. I'm not pregnant b/c I convinced myself I am.

The thing is, no drug is a miracle pill. There are so many factors that go into fertility. It's not a "cure all" for everyone's fertility issues... but it seems to obviously do something to help.
For example, I could complain that GC didn't work for me cuz I took it for a year and didn't get pregnant... when all the while I didn't have a uterus or b/c Dh has no sperm quality. I know those are exaggerated extremes but just using it to make a point that it's not going to magically cure everyone issues. But I think it does cure, or improve something. Just not sure what.
Me: 34
DH: 35
DS: 7
DD: 4

My Ovulation Chart

My magic BFP mix: Vitex, b6 (post O only!), Geritol Complete.
Emmo
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to TTC Naturally