Collecting from Tupperware

This board is for anyone who wants to discuss TTC naturally with herbal supplements, etc.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Collecting from Tupperware

Postby skanner » Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:39 pm

Hello! I am new to this site, and I am finding that is very supportive and I have gotten a lot of great info.

The situation: So basically, I am actually a lesbian, and my partner and I have been trying to get pregnant for some time. Actually, last year she did get pregnant but sadly we lost the baby right at 3 months. :-( We have been trying again since February with no luck. Every month is heartbreaking. We are lucky enough to have a male friend who has been kind enough to help us out every month. Each month we drive over there, he does his thing into a cup, and I suck it up into a needle-less syringe and then my partner inserts it.

The question: I can't remember what type of cup we used the time she got pregnant--whether it was plastic or a jar, new or had been washed with soap. I wish I could remember. So my question is, does plastic (Tupperware) or the soap I use to clean the plastic kill sperm or affect the motility?

Any advice would be much appreciated! I know I'm not in a male/female relationship like most people on here, but we want children as much as anybody and are going through the same emotions every month as all of you, which I know is no fun at all.
skanner

Postby babyhatch » Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:06 pm

I would try sterilizing the container that you use in boiling water. I guess you would have to find something that could withstand the heat of being submerged in boiling water but that way you would be killing germs without using any chemicals that could damage the sperm. Good Luck!
ME 33
DH 32
Angel baby @ 5wks Oct 2010
1 (improperly medicated) Failed IUI
1st cycle: Clomid 25mg + tamoxifen 20 mg + ovidrel= BFP

1st Beta 12dpo- 83.4 Progesterone 38.7
2nd Beta 17 dpo- 1,126

Hashimoto's (Hypothyroidism) -50mg Synthroid
babyhatch
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby KMP » Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:11 am

I would probably find a glass container...no worries then.
KMP
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Return to TTC Naturally