What's your game plan?

This board is for anyone who wants to discuss TTC naturally with herbal supplements, etc.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

What's your game plan?

Postby honey28 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:40 pm

Hey ladies

Would you share what you're doing to help boost your chances for pregnancy? I'm taking Fertility Blend, B12, and pre-natals this month. Also giving up processed foods and cutting back as much as possible on caffeine and alcohol.

Good Luck everyone! :wink:

7-11 Natural Cycle (Fertility Blend and Accupuncture)

1-4-12 - Surprise BFP at the Doctor's office!!! Waiting for Beta Results. U/S shows baby is fine and saw a heartbeat <3 EDD 8/28/12
honey28

Postby goodtwin » Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:21 am

I'm surprised no one has commented on this. I'll post mine!

Pre-natals, maca. evening primrose oil, LOTS of excercise, no coffee or coke (cut that out 2 months ago) and even though I do not a ton of processed foods now, I am going to be even more concious of it.

I started the INSANITY (extreme home workout) workout a week before this cycle. I usually O aywhere from cd 21-28 and I o'd on cd 16. The only time I have EVER O'd that early is when I took clomid (when trying to conceive my 1st). I have always walked or did yoga, but now I'm doing more intense workouts and I truly believe it made a difference.
me (Christina)-32 dh-32
3/08-MC @ 9 wks
11/08- BFP and he just turned 2
4/11- BFP that ended in ectopic (3 month break due to methrotrexate shot)
7/11- currently back to tryng for baby #2
2/18/12- PREGNANT

“Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you” (1 Peter 5:7).
goodtwin

Postby honey28 » Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:23 pm

Thanks for posting this! You're absolutely right working out does make a difference. The one time I conceived I was working out 2 hours a day! I'm going to start too. Don't know if I can do the insanity workouts but at least a 30 minute jog!

7-11 Natural Cycle (Fertility Blend and Accupuncture)

1-4-12 - Surprise BFP at the Doctor's office!!! Waiting for Beta Results. U/S shows baby is fine and saw a heartbeat <3 EDD 8/28/12
honey28

Postby anniebear » Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:00 pm

I almost hate to reply, because you're likely to think I'm crazy once you see my regimen! :D

The one thing I haven't been doing enough of is intense exercise and strength training. I'm so glad you're talking about it. It motivates me to get moving!!

Here's what I have been doing:

Diet: No more caffeine or alcohol. At least 1 gallon of spring water every 2 days. Green tea in the morning. Eating a more balanced diet overall, with more variety in our grains, proteins, and veggies. Increasing our vegetable intake. Almost organic everything. Removed most diary from my diet. We drink a fruit smoothie most evenings with royal jelly and maca.

Herbs: Started a liver cleanse, DH almost finished with his. A quart of red raspberry herbal tea infusion almost every day (includes hibiscus, nettles, and oat straw). Adding Red Clover to the mix this week. DH also started a daily herbal tea.

Vitamins and supplements: Coenzyme B Food Complex supplement, whole food prenatal (Baby and Me), DH started a whole food multi-vitamin, we both started New Chapter fish oil - I take it the second half of my cycle and Evening Primrose Oil the first half.

Other: Castor oil pack and self fertility massage. Fertility yoga. 30 minute walk each day. AND....positive self affirmations.

I'm researching several other supplements to decide what we want to add after we finish the liver cleanse.
ME 34, "normal" // DH 35, "normal"
NTNP #1 since March 2009 // TTC #1 since Jan 2010
Diagnosed w/ "unexplained infertility"
~ 50 mg Clomid, March 2011 to July 2011
~ 1st IUI, June 2011 - BFN
~ Appointment w/ RE October 2011. Until then, and possibly after, we'll be taking a natural approach.
anniebear

Postby goodtwin » Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:24 am

Anniebear- good to hear from you. I think it is GREAT you are trying all of these natural remedies. With my son, I was doing a lot by the time I got pregnant with him. It took a total of 18 months to finally get pregnant with him (1 mc in between).

I will say that I did a liver cleanse this month (also an HSG) and I usually O anywhere from cd 16-18 and for some reason, this month, I am on cd20 and still getting lows on the CBFM. I don't think it was the HSG b/c it didn't affect my O the last time that I had on (about 3 years ago). I really think it was the milk thistle in the liver cleanse. Also my HSG experience this time was 100 times better than last time. Last time, I puked about 10 times b/c of the pain, whereas this time, I didn't even hardly cramp (although did take 800 mg of IB profrin). I knew what to expect this time as opposed to last time, my stupid doctors didn't warn me about anything.

Yes excerciese has been amazing for my O time. I'm running fairly regurly, but it has been a busy month and I have a had a week or so where I only did it 3 times that week, so maybe that is affecting by O, who knows. I just thought I would make you aware of the milk thistle.
me (Christina)-32 dh-32
3/08-MC @ 9 wks
2/18/12- PREGNANT

goodtwin

Postby anniebear » Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:02 pm

Thanks a lot Christina. I love your picture. It's precious!

What is it about the milk thistle you think might be the issue? I wasn't aware of any hormonal effects, other than it assists the liver in removing excess hormones. I ovulated 4-5 days early this cycle, but I don't think it can be attributed to the liver cleanse/milk thistle. I had only been cleansing for 4 days when I ovulated. I had a lot of EWCM for 3 days before. I'm thinking my body is readjusting to being off the Clomid (this is my first cycle off).

The HSG was horrible for me also. You are very brave for having another. I truly don't think I could! I didn't vomit, but I spent a half hour huddled on the floor in the bathroom at the hospital, next to the toilet, white as a sheet, feeling nauseous and just all around horrible. I was prescribed a pain killer, I think Lortab, which was just ridiculous because that type of pain cannot be masked with a pill! I was also completely unprepared by my doctor (who is no longer my doctor!). The lady who had hers before me walked out smiling and laughing....needless to say I was not smiling or laughing when I walked, I mean staggered, out!

I'm thinking I need to take a class to get back in the groove of working out. Hmm...looks like there's a "Bootcamp" class at my local Y but I should probably ease into it. :D
ME 34, "normal" // DH 35, "normal"
NTNP #1 since March 2009 // TTC #1 since Jan 2010
Diagnosed w/ "unexplained infertility"
~ 50 mg Clomid, March 2011 to July 2011
~ 1st IUI, June 2011 - BFN
~ Appointment w/ RE October 2011. Until then, and possibly after, we'll be taking a natural approach.
anniebear

Postby goodtwin » Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:22 am

anniebear-sorry it took me so long to get back to you. I thought I was getting updated messages from this board, but if I did, I missed it.

I don't know what it was about the milk thistle, I just know that I O'd about 6-8 days later than normal. I found where another girl took it and the same thing happened to her. Maybe it is just my body. Everyone is different. If you O'd early, that is GREAT.

I said that I would NEVER to the HSG again b/c it was HORRIFIC and like you, my 1st doctor did not prepare me at all. This second time, I was that lady walking out smiling. I'm kidding, NO cramps at all, not even during the procedure. It was a TOTALLY different experience. So hopefully if you end up doing another one, you can keep this in mind and hope for the best, but expect the worst. It was almost like I didn't even get one. That afternoon, I expected so much worse, but I just came home and went to sleep b/c of the Valium.

Thanks fo the comment about the pic!
me (Christina)-32 dh-32
3/08-MC @ 9 wks
2/18/12- PREGNANT

goodtwin

Return to TTC Naturally