Women's best friend capsules

This board is for anyone who wants to discuss TTC naturally with herbal supplements, etc.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Women's best friend capsules

Postby JB7764 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:17 pm

I came across this and I've never heard of it before. I was wondering if anyone has tried it and had any success with it. What drew me to this product was that it claims to help with endo related issues. I don't have confirmed endo, but I have been suspecting it for quite sometime and I do have a lot of the symptoms that go with it. That being said, I would appreciate it if anyone could tell me anything about this product and what is in it.

Here is a link to a website that sells it and there is a place to click for a PDF that talks about the herbs that are in it and what they do. I don't really know anything about herbs and fertility because I have been trying to avoid anything while TTC that could possible mess up my cycles and make things worse. http://www.healthyhealing.com/catalog/P ... aspx?id=60

I've considered using Fertilaid or Fertility Blend for women, but both contained vitex which I don't think is necessary for me since I have a regular cycle as it is and I've heard vitex can mess up cycles that were already regular.
Me 29
DH 33
TTC since November 09'

DH's SA results (abstention- 5 days):
Liquefied in 20min
Viscosity- high
pH-8
Motility-56%
Activity- moderate
Directional- 15%
Volume- 2 ml
Count- 143 mill/mL
Total count- 286 million
Normal morphology- 23%

My test results:
TSH: 1.320 uIU/ml
FSH: 6.34 miU/ml
Prolactin: 8.3 ng/ml
Progesterone: 4.41 ng/ml
1st Clomid cycle: March 2013

HSG 10/2/13 showed everything clear and looking good

1/1/2016 BFP: 1/4/016 MC @ 5 weeks :angel:

My Ovulation Chart

JB7764
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby anniebear » Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:38 pm

I've taken it, along with a combination of other herbs, in a "fertility cleanse." Women's Best Friend was one part of the uterus portion of the 4 week cleanse. I think it helped me by improving my bleeding the next cycle after the cleanse - I've had lots of clots for as long as I can remember, but the cycle after the cleanse and the Women's Best Friend I didn't have any clots at all.

At first I was a little worried to take it, since it has Dong Quai Root and Wild Yam Root, because both of these affect hormonal balance. Since my cycles are regular and my hormone testing was normal, I was hesitant. But after taking it I think that the amount of each is not enough to make my hormones swing largely one way or another. I think the combination of herbs more likely encourages balance of the hormones, and I know they helped me to bleed more healthily.

I can't say that the WBF was the sole reason I had an improved cycle, but I do think it played a big role in it.
ME 34, "normal" // DH 35, "normal"
NTNP #1 since March 2009 // TTC #1 since Jan 2010
Diagnosed w/ "unexplained infertility"
~ 50 mg Clomid, March 2011 to July 2011
~ 1st IUI, June 2011 - BFN
~ Appointment w/ RE October 2011. Until then, and possibly after, we'll be taking a natural approach.
anniebear

Postby JB7764 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:51 pm

Thanks for the reply! It's starting to really sound like I just need to buy the cleanse and give it a shot lol. I'll just have to convince DH, which is easier said then done. As for the tea recipe you messaged me, where do you get those ingredients from?
Me 29
DH 33
TTC since November 09'

Liquefied in 20min
Viscosity- high
pH-8
Motility-56%
Activity- moderate
Directional- 15%
Volume- 2 ml
Count- 143 mill/mL
Total count- 286 million
Normal morphology- 23%

My test results:
TSH: 1.320 uIU/ml
FSH: 6.34 miU/ml
Prolactin: 8.3 ng/ml
Progesterone: 4.41 ng/ml
1st Clomid cycle: March 2013

HSG 10/2/13 showed everything clear and looking good

1/1/2016 BFP: 1/4/016 MC @ 5 weeks :angel:

My Ovulation Chart

JB7764
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby anniebear » Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:19 pm

lol It's so difficult to decide, I know. I obsessively researched for about 4 months before I finally ordered the cleanse! lol
I do recommend the cleanse, since it's also cleansing the liver which helps the body detoxify and eliminate excess hormones. At first I was a bit skeptical that only 4 weeks would really make a difference, but I was pleasantly surprised when :af: rolled around and I was bleeding like a teenager again. ;) I'll be thinking of you and I hope you and the hubby can talk it through and decide what's best for you!

Another thing you may want to do is post your question in the "Endometriosis Support" forum: http://twoweekwait.com/community/module ... forum&f=36

I got most of the herbs from a health foods store about 20 minutes from my house. I've also ordered some online at Mountain Rose Herbs - they are a bit more on the pricey side, so you may want to shop around online if you don't have a place to get them near your home.
ME 34, "normal" // DH 35, "normal"
NTNP #1 since March 2009 // TTC #1 since Jan 2010
Diagnosed w/ "unexplained infertility"
~ 50 mg Clomid, March 2011 to July 2011
~ 1st IUI, June 2011 - BFN
~ Appointment w/ RE October 2011. Until then, and possibly after, we'll be taking a natural approach.
anniebear

Postby JB7764 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:46 pm

Thank you so much for all your help!

I hope you get your BFP soon. Here is some extra baby dust :D
:babydustg: :babydustb: :babydustg: :babydustb: :babydustg: :babydustb: :babydustg: :babydustb: :babydustg: :babydustb:
Me 29
DH 33
TTC since November 09'

Liquefied in 20min
Viscosity- high
pH-8
Motility-56%
Activity- moderate
Directional- 15%
Volume- 2 ml
Count- 143 mill/mL