Agnus castus and black cohosh?

This board is for anyone who wants to discuss TTC naturally with herbal supplements, etc.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Agnus castus and black cohosh?

Postby BaByHoPeS21 » Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:13 am

Ok.....so im on cycle day.......57, i think!

I have decided to start taking Black cohosh as it is supposed to lower LH levels.

Wanted to know if you can take agnus castus with it,

this is my 'TTC PLAN'

20drops A.C (vitex) Am- followed by 400mg tables x3 during the day ( as 4 are recommended on bottle )
1000mg EPO x2 daily
500mg Black cohosh x2 daily
and Pregnacare conception.

plus a fresh fruit and veg diet with white meat and fish

I am also drinking, peppermint, green and raspberry leaf tea.
going to they gym two hours everymorning focusing on cardio.

Am i over thinkning this too much, is it too many things to be taking?

I am just so desperate to have a baby with my hubby, I will litrally try anything..

TIA
Me~26 hubby ~30
TTC#1 5 yrs!
BaByHoPeS21
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby hunnybunny23 » Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:28 am

i used black cohosh a few times from end of af to o and its good stuff i used it with vitex

me:26 OH: 28
DS born: 42w1d cs 14.05.09
DD born 42w1d induced VBAC Assisted forceps 15.04.11
DS2 40w4d Spontaneous natural 2VBAC 27.10.13
hunnybunny23
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby AnnaJuly » Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:05 pm

I have heard mixed things about vitex etc. It can possibly mess with your body - so best to discuss with your doctor. I think it was vitex, which was highly estrogenic so depending on your levels can cause estrogen dominance.
I love RRL tea but learned you should stop after O.
Green tea is supposed to be good for cm but depletes folic acid - so take extra if drink alot.
:luck:
AnnaJuly
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

vitex worked for me

Postby praying4five » Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:21 am

i used vitex after having 3 week cycles and then being on daily progesterone .

i thought it wasn't working after about 2 months and then i stopped taking it, then things were worse w/my cycle - finally got off progesterone and cycle is perfect! after a battle of nearly 3 years! i also Od that first month after not Oing for many many months!

i think the Vitex kicked in and i didn't need the progesterone. what i've read is that Vitex actually increases the progesterone (not the estrogen) - i could be wrong - but it's what i read somewhere.

i too have read mixed reviews and will not take it again unless my cycles mess up again. i have a friend that takes it religiously and says her cycles are perfect - also helped regulate her teen daugthers' cycles.

i get tempted to take it again to see if it would strengthen my cycle and my O - eggs, etc. but don't want to chance it while my cycle is good:)
praying4five
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Re: vitex worked for me

Postby BaByHoPeS21 » Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:27 pm

praying4five wrote:i used vitex after having 3 week cycles and then being on daily progesterone .

i thought it wasn't working after about 2 months and then i stopped taking it, then things were worse w/my cycle - finally got off progesterone and cycle is perfect! after a battle of nearly 3 years! i also Od that first month after not Oing for many many months!

i think the Vitex kicked in and i didn't need the progesterone. what i've read is that Vitex actually increases the progesterone (not the estrogen) - i could be wrong - but it's what i read somewhere.

i too have read mixed reviews and will not take it again unless my cycles mess up again. i have a friend that takes it religiously and says her cycles are perfect - also helped regulate her teen daugthers' cycles.

i get tempted to take it again to see if it would strengthen my cycle and my O - eggs, etc. but don't want to chance it while my cycle is good:)

Thanx...i have started taking dong quai instead now, i took the black cohosh for a week and it gave me really bad head aches, the dong quai with the vitex is working well so far!.....just waiting to see if the vitex will help me O........fingers crossed :)
Me~26 hubby ~30
TTC#1 5 yrs!
BaByHoPeS21
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby socialite_baby » Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:51 am

I worry about your high dose of dong quai. I know everyone is different, but for me if I take even 150 mg it brings on AF. I would think you'd be fine at 1/3 of the dose you're taking, especially after O. Though I will say Dong Quai helped me O naturally on CD 14 for the first time ever in January! I O naturally every cycle, just late. I haven't even been able to get a CD 14 O on fertility drugs though! I definitely think it's a good herb, but in the correct dosage... Are you under the care of an herbalist?
Lindsay (Mild Endo, thin PCOS, Hypothyroid, implantation failure)
TTC #1 for 7.5 years...

April - November 2011 - 7 Rounds of 50 mg Clomid, 3 IUIs. All BFN.
February - March, June 2012 - 3 Rounds 5 mg Femara. BFN.
April 2012 - "Immune Protocol" Follistim IUI. BFN.
May 2012 - Diagnosed activated natural killer cells and told we'll NEVER conceive naturally... *treatment break*
October 2015 - IVF #1. OHSS. Freeze all. 9 blasts on ice.
November 2015 - FET #1. BFN.
January 2016 - Holy *NATURAL* BFP!!! WTF?! First ultrasound 2/1/2016. Praying for a healthy sticky baby. <3
socialite_baby
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby BaByHoPeS21 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:58 pm

socialite_baby wrote:I worry about your high dose of dong quai. I know everyone is different, but for me if I take even 150 mg it brings on AF. I would think you'd be fine at 1/3 of the dose you're taking, especially after O. Though I will say Dong Quai helped me O naturally on CD 14 for the first time ever in January! I O naturally every cycle, just late. I haven't even been able to get a CD 14 O on fertility drugs though! I definitely think it's a good herb, but in the correct dosage... Are you under the care of an herbalist?

Yes i am :)...she said just to read the bottle, the bottle ( i got my own from H&B) said to take 3-4 daily, and the caps are 530mg,

Af came 3 days after taking....i stopped taking during AF, and then reduced to 2 a day (1060 mg) but still no O or AF :(
Me~26 hubby ~30
TTC#1 5 yrs!
BaByHoPeS21
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Return to TTC Naturally