The Infertility Cure by Radine Lewis/Acupuncture/TCM?

This board is for anyone who wants to discuss TTC naturally with herbal supplements, etc.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

The Infertility Cure by Radine Lewis/Acupuncture/TCM?

Postby ptcruzer80 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:51 pm

Just ordered and read this book based on one woman's story from the Redbook Infertility Awareness videos and the Amazon.com reviews.

So currently I'm in the TWW after my third clomid/ovidrel/IUI cycle. My DH and I have been TTC for about 3 years. I have unexplained infertility and am wondering if anyone has had success along the acupuncture/Traditional Chinese Medicine route?

Though I have "unexplained" infertility, I think I have a luteal phase defect based on pre and post menstrual spotting. I also have low basal body temperature. Both my thyroid and progesterone levels have been tested and are within "normal" ranges. I took Fertility Blend (Vitex) for about 3-4 months before seeking the RE's help, no BFP but I think my spotting lessened. Though I discontinued it's use b/c I started clomid. I also take ProCycle PMS which is like Optivite and I do notice that I no longer have PMS like I used to but it hasn't done anything to help with the spotting.

Thanks for any wonder stories!
Me (Paula) 31 DH 35
TTC#1 since 2007 3 failed but perfect IUI
IVF w/ICSI #1
Antagonist Cycle no BCPs 21 retrieved, 20 mature, 13 fertilized, transfered 2 day five blasts, froze 7 day six
3/12 BFP 6dp5dt
3/15 9dp5dt Beta 162
3/19 13dp5dt Beta 943
4/2 6 weeks 5 days U/S shows 1 heart beating
4/23 9w/4d diagnosed with SCH
5/10 12 weeks with HB of 171 SCH still there
5/30 14w/6d SCH GONE!!!
ptcruzer80
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby maddy » Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:16 pm

I was just reading about this today!