Trying natural after IVF

This board is for anyone who wants to discuss TTC naturally with herbal supplements, etc.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Trying natural after IVF

Postby missygilliam » Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:20 pm

Has anyone got pregnant after infertility treatments? I have PCOS and DH has semi low count low motility and low morphology. Are there any supplements to help with that? We want to try natural before going back to IVF
ME:29 DH:34
DD:3 IVF miracle baby
DS:2 Surprise baby
[*IMG]http://i1124.photobucket.com/albums/l563/aro777/ttcblk3.gif[/IMG]
missygilliam
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby mischakitten » Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:01 am

Hi! We conceived DS using Clomid and are going to try naturally for our next child too.

Before DS I wasn't ovulating regularly but since DS weaned, my cycles have become more regular. Do you have regular cycles? Will you be temping and using opks?

Also, my doctor asked me to exercise 30 minutes per day as this is supposed to assist women with pcos or irregular cycles.

I understand that you can get prenatal vitamins for both men and women that might help.

Sending you baby dust! :)
Me 32 DH 34<br />DS 22 months; 2 Furr Children<br />TTC our second child
mischakitten
Friend

Postby hopeful41 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:10 pm

I've been doing IUIs and was just diagnosed with high FSH #s. My RE wants me to do IVF, but, just a personal decision, I don't want to do that. I'm going to be trying traditional Chinese medicine (TCM). It includes starting yoga, changing my diet and doing acupuncture. I actually started acupuncture before I knew about my egg issue and I loved it and could feel some changes right away. I'm actually looking forward to :af: arriving (should be any day now) so I can see if there's a difference. It has also been used to help male issues as well.
<div><em>Hopeful41</em></div>

Me - 36
DH - 35
High FSH
Chemical pregnancy July 2009
Just seeing what happens naturally.....
hopeful41
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby SaraElise » Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:30 pm

About 4 months or so ago DH had his first semen analysis and it came back at 4 (just 4!). Our RE immediately said IVF. I researched and put him on a multivitamin, Maca Root, Zinc, Folic Acid and Astragalus root. He had another analysis on December 22 and his count was 58 million! His motility and morphology are still a little low but our RE said that there is a very good possibility it can happen naturally now. Hes also been put on L-Carnitine Which is supposed to help with everything also.

I'm not sure about PCOS but I've read that Zinc and B6 can help.
My Ovulation Chart

Me (Sara): 28 Normal, Unexplained Infertility, 50mg of Clomid to see if it will help!

DH (Bryan): 31 Diagnosed with varicocele and low testosterone. Normal count with low motility. Using Clomid to try and increase numbers. All tests normal as of Jan 2014!

June 2014: 50mg Clomid= BFN
July 2014: 50mg Clomid= BFN
August 2014: 100mg Clomid= BFN
September 2014: 100mg Clomid=BFN
October 2014: 100mg Clomid=BFN

Acupunture started October 2014

TTC #2 since May 2013

SaraElise
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

ClearBlue Easy Fertility Monitor....

Postby Nickolet » Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:48 pm

Both myself and my DH have an unknown reason for our infertility. We have been on a roller coaster between Clomid treatments, IUI's, and IFV's. After the last 2 IVF's not working and miscarrying the last IVF cycle. I think I have become really angry not understanding why we can't get pregnant. I have been doing some research and have just ordered the ClearBlue Easy Fertility Monitor. Along with that I picked up Pre-Seed. Has anyone used either of these? Is there something else out there I can try? I have also found NaturaCure Herbal Vitamins? I have not bought these yet, but I have read up on them. Anyone have any suggestions, or recommendations for me? My infertility dr.'s office keeps telling me i'm getting older so its harder to conceive. I'm sorry but i'm only 29!

Any info would be appreciated!

Thanks~ Nickolet
Nickolet
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby hopeful41 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:19 pm

Nickolet - I would definitely recommend acupuncture. Some RE's believe in Eastern medicine more than others (some around where I live have ones that work with them).

I've had one chemical pregnancy, 6 IUIs that didn't work and now my RE wants to do IVF. And up until two weeks ago, I never had an answer to why I couldn't get pg. I'm so tired of putting drugs into my body to force it to do things. I want to try to get my body to work on it's own without all the drugs. I feel like my new issue with my FSH #s could be a resolute of all the months I've spent on clomid and other meds.
<div><em>Hopeful41</em></div>

Me - 36
DH - 35
High FSH
Chemical pregnancy July 2009
Just seeing what happens naturally.....
hopeful41
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Fittblonde » Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:23 pm

I agree with Hopeful, acupuncture is awesome! I got pregnant with acupunture and IUI. I have taken vitamins my whole adult life, exercise regularly and eat very clean. We were about to go in for IVF and got pregnant naturally. My problem is advanced age so even though I have great FSH 6.3 my egg quality is still crappy! I hope you can get pregnant naturally.
Theresa 44, DH: 37
TTC #1 since 2/14/10 - 4 MC
3/11 Au natural BFP 10 DPO! Beta 1237 16 dpo
5/09 9 wk baby passed - boy Trisomy 15
IVF #1: 11/2011 - 3 retrieved - none to transfer

March 2012 au natural BFP at 9dpo!!!
3/14 Beta 1: 70@12DPO
3/16 Beta 2: 217@14DPO
5/14 NT scan and Maternity 21 Plus BW - norma
Amino and Micro Array testing - ALL NORMAL!!!!l
Donor egg cycle canceled due to our miracle
Chloe Ann arrived November 20, 2012 Via induction
TTC Baby #2 Au Natural until November 2014 then we will move onto Donor Eggs
Fittblonde
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby juju_rahrah » Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:30 pm

I have one blocked tube (ectopic), my DH has low motility and sperm count. I had my IVF in Nov, it failed. I was going to do my FET in Feb/ March but then my husband had to go on a long business trip so we postponed it.

And somehow I got pregnant in Feb! :shock: I'm 11 weeks now.

During the gap, we both took FertileAid and also tried traditional chinese medicine - took a few herbal supplements, went for massages (to get the blood flowing) and changed our diet.

Apparently we have too much "yin" and therefore had to counter it with a lot of "yang" food. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_food_therapy

We also stopped taking coffee and tea.
juju_rahrah
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Return to TTC Naturally