clearblue easy fertiity monitor is it worth it?

This board is for anyone who wants to discuss TTC naturally with herbal supplements, etc.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

clearblue easy fertiity monitor is it worth it?

Postby Corvina » Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:25 pm

after 3 years and no luck i'm at wits end and willing to try anything short of seeing a doctor just yet(i'm being stubborn i know) I figure if it doesnt happen this year then next year i will see a doctor.

but anyways, i'm considering investing in a clearblue easy fertility monitor, i'm wondering is it worth the money?
Me: 24 DH: 25
[color=#FF8000][*]Currently expecting Baby #1 due june 2nd 2015[/color]
TTC #1 Since May 2008*
Currently NOT TTC due to relationship and personal issues, as of Dec. 2013
Furbabies-Roseblack,5 the most vocal cat I know

Expecting baby #1 June 5,2015 after 5 years ttc and then not ttc the last year lol, totally unplanned and unexpected
Corvina
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby JPH » Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:37 pm

If you don't know exactly when you o then I think it is well worth the money! Why not if it might help you get your :bfp: ? It definitely won't cost as much as seeing a doctor. :) I use the Clearblue opk with the smiley face and love it. Good luck!!
JPH
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby socialite_baby » Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:17 pm

Are you able to see when you O with OPKs and BBT? If so then no, it's a complete waste of money IMO. The sticks are expensive too and you'll have to keep buying them every 1-2 cycles... If you think your timing has been off then yes, go for it, but I would think after 3 years you've hit it around O enough.

I waited 3 years to see a doctor for fertility treatments too and I regret waiting so long. I know sometimes money can be an issue (our biggest), but at least get a SA for your husband! My RE charged us $75 for ours and we didn't even need to be a patient! Good luck! :D
Lindsay (Mild Endo, thin PCOS, Hypothyroid, implantation failure)
TTC #1 for 7.5 years...

April - November 2011 - 7 Rounds of 50 mg Clomid, 3 IUIs. All BFN.
February - March, June 2012 - 3 Rounds 5 mg Femara. BFN.
April 2012 - "Immune Protocol" Follistim IUI. BFN.
May 2012 - Diagnosed activated natural killer cells and told we'll NEVER conceive naturally... *treatment break*
October 2015 - IVF #1. OHSS. Freeze all. 9 blasts on ice.
November 2015 - FET #1. BFN.
January 2016 - Holy *NATURAL* BFP!!! WTF?! First ultrasound 2/1/2016. Praying for a healthy sticky baby. <3
socialite_baby
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby TTCnumber2at42 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:49 am

I had no luck with my clearblue easy fertility monitor and I tried for 4 years using it when indicated ... it just cost me a lot of money.

Now I'm investigating the The OvaCue Fertility Monitor no consumables needed and it's natural but I can't find anyone who has tried and was successful.
TTCnumber2at42
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby maddy » Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:33 am

socialite_baby wrote:Are you able to see when you O with OPKs and BBT? If so then no, it's a complete waste of money IMO. The sticks are expensive too and you'll have to keep buying them every 1-2 cycles... If you think your timing has been off then yes, go for it, but I would think after 3 years you've hit it around O enough.

I waited 3 years to see a doctor for fertility treatments too and I regret waiting so long. I know sometimes money can be an issue (our biggest), but at least get a SA for your husband! My RE charged us $75 for ours and we didn't even need to be a patient! Good luck! :D

DITTO!!
maddy

Return to TTC Naturally