What is your herb combo?

This board is for anyone who wants to discuss TTC naturally with herbal supplements, etc.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

What is your herb combo?

Postby JB7764 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:05 am

I've been TTC for 2 years and I haven't really tried all that many herbs. I tried EPO for a bit (I might start that again, but I haven't decided for sure or not), flaxseed oil for after O, a temporary stint with baby aspirin (I was just trying it out as I haven't been tested for a blood clotting disorder yet. My mom has factor 8 and wants me to make sure I don't have it), and vitamin D3 when i remember to take it. So I am looking to try more.

I haven't really done any infertility testing. The one test we did was for FSH/LH and Prolactin which looked ok. I don't remember the Prolactin number (I think I post about it somewhere on the boards) but my FSH was somewhere around 7.6 and LH was about 18. My doctor said it was all normal. I haven't been able to move on to more testing because of cost, but in the mean time I've been thinking about the type of herbs I should be taking to prepare myself for when we are off of our break (we are still NTNP, so I need herbs that will be safe in case of an "surprise" baby). And in case it helps with herb selection (TMI) my cycles are relatively normal and range from 29-31 days. I do have heavyish AFs with some clotting and can be like mucus. And I have problems with acne that was helped with the pill, but has gotten worse over the last several months. During which time I have tried to find a natural remedy and that may be why it's worse. I have switched back to more commercial products.

I hope there is someone out there who can help. Thanks for reading
Me 29
DH 33
TTC since November 09'

DH's SA results (abstention- 5 days):
Liquefied in 20min
Viscosity- high
pH-8
Motility-56%
Activity- moderate
Directional- 15%
Volume- 2 ml
Count- 143 mill/mL
Total count- 286 million
Normal morphology- 23%

My test results:
TSH: 1.320 uIU/ml
FSH: 6.34 miU/ml
Prolactin: 8.3 ng/ml
Progesterone: 4.41 ng/ml
1st Clomid cycle: March 2013

HSG 10/2/13 showed everything clear and looking good

1/1/2016 BFP: 1/4/016 MC @ 5 weeks :angel:

My Ovulation Chart

JB7764
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Loobynooby » Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:37 am

Hi JB

I'm afraid I'm not going to be much help because I'm wondering also about the best herbs to take. I have been taking Pregnacare conception for the past 3-4months and have just bought some EPO and some agnus castus (though the agnus castus may have to go back to the shop because I've just seen the use by date is only a month away, I don't think I can get through all those tablets in that time!). I've heard that EPO is good for spotting and helping with ewcm, but I'm not sure if it's OK to take at the same time as agnus castus. I can recommend the pregnacare though - I have felt really well and full of energy since taking it and when I got a cold, it disappeared really quickly so my immune system seemed improved as usually I have colds for weeks!

Good luck and I hope you get your BFP soon :)
Loobynooby
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby TTCnumber2at42 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:28 am

This is what I am taking but I just started this on Day 1 ... I started after researching and viewing the posts on this site (remember I'm 42 and focusing on improving egg health) :

Hot water with lemon x 1 daily first thing in the morning
Red Raspberry tea x 1-2 daily ~ prior to O
CoEnzyme Q10 200 mg x 3 daily until BFP
Maca 3000 mg until BFP
Wheatgrass until BFP
Prenatal Vitamin

I found this site which helped me. I did reasearch only improving egg health but what they say seems to be confirmed by other sites like webmd, mayo clinic, etc. (I never take the word of just one site without confirming with sites I trust)

http://natural-fertility-info.com/

I hope this helps.

Btw I don't actually buy thir product, I go to me local health store as I am in Canada and they charge over $20.00 just to ship to me!!! :roll:
Me 42 in September 2012 ~DH 35 in June 2012 ~DS 2 in July 2012
Angel #1 March 2008 6 weeks 6 days
Angel # 2 May 2011 6 weeks 2 days
My Ovulation Chart
TTCnumber2at42
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Loobynooby » Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:39 am

That looks like a useful site.
Definitely a good idea to research herbs on more than one site. i'm now regretting buying the EPO and AC as I don't think I did enough research on them and now have heard EPO can cause spotting!
Loobynooby
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby JB7764 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:34 pm

Thanks ladies! I've been looking into Maca, Royal jelly, something called Wobenzym, and Woman's Best Friend. My concern is that I might have blocked tubes and the Wobenzym and Woman's Best Friend together are supposed to be really good for helping to clear the scar tissue and reduce inflammation. And I'm still debating on getting back into EPO or if I should try Fertile CM. I haven't researched Fertile CM much yet.
I've used EPO before for 2 or 3 months. I was taking like 3000Mg a day of it then and I don't remember getting any spotting, but I had breast tenderness all cycle long and I don't think it really gave me a whole lot more EWCM either. But I also probably wasn't drinking a whole lot of water with it, which in it's self makes a huge difference.
Two cycles ago I decided to take what I had left of the EPO but only took 1000mg a day and that time I didn't have any extra breast tenderness, but I did notice slight spotting around O time but I also had more EWCM. I did only have enough EPO to take it for that first part of my cycle, so that could be why I spotted that time around?
I was talking to my DH today about what I wanted to take and he said he'd be fine with it after he got his SA done and we find that he isn't the problem. I still want to take it anyway. Even if the SA says he has a problem, it doesn't mean that I don't too.

TTCnumber2at42- That is a great sit to look at for info. I use the community a lot there. If you haven't checked that part of the site out already you should. You can get so much info from that area.
I also wasn't planning on buying from that site even though I get most of my info there lol. My reason is just that I can get it cheaper somewhere else. They research their products pretty thoroughly before they offer them. They make sure they are healthy and of good quality.
Me 29
DH 33
TTC since November 09'

Liquefied in 20min
Viscosity- high
pH-8
Motility-56%
Activity- moderate
Directional- 15%
Volume- 2 ml
Count- 143 mill/mL
Total count- 286 million
Normal morphology- 23%

My test results:

My Ovulation Chart

JB7764
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby TTCnumber2at42 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:33 am

thanks for the tip JB I think I will check out the community.

I just googled Fertile CM ... I think I'm going to do more research on it too. Let me know if you find any more info on it you think is worth sharing.
Me 42 in September 2012 ~DH 35 in June 2012 ~DS 2 in July 2012
Angel #1 March 2008 6 weeks 6 days
Angel # 2 May 2011 6 weeks 2 days
My Ovulation Chart
TTCnumber2at42
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby AnnaJuly » Tue May 01, 2012 8:21 pm

Hi,
I used to take epo for a little while, but I learned I have endo and stopped as it raises estrogen levels.
I am also taking coq10 and vitamin d.
I have had heavy clotty periods whenever not on the pill. I think baby aspirin and red raspberry lead tea helped - I take the tea till O and then continue with the aspirin.
I also take a prenatal and vitamin B complex.
If you have large clots on your period, it is worth getting your thyroid tested.

:luck:
AnnaJuly
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby halifax41 » Wed May 02, 2012 5:33 am

JB7764 - I know this was an old post by you, but it was bumped up and I noticed it. If you happen to still be checking these posts out I have a question, was your bloodwork done on or around cd3 (as they should have been for fertility testing)...if so then your LH is NOT normal. At that point in your cycle FSH and LH should be a very similar number, if your LH is much higher than your FSH (which yours is, it is more than double and well above a normal cd3 LH of approx 7 or less) it can be a sign of PCOS...did your doctor not clue in to that and get you tested?? I would be considering a different doctor if they thought your LH was "normal".
Me- 46 DH- 45 DS 1
:angel: girl on July 2008 at 19 weeks, Triploidy.
:angel: May 2010 MM/C @11 weeks
Aug 2010 "chemical"
:angel: October 2010 M/C @ 7 weeks.

:angel: :angel: Feb 2011 MM/C @ 10 weeks, this time twins.
July 2011 "chemical"
+HPT Sept 27/2011
Finally success, baby boy arrived June 08/2012, born after 37 hours of labor and unexpected c-section.
halifax41
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby JB7764 » Wed May 02, 2012 1:07 pm

Thanks for the recent updates ladies. I do keep an eye on my older posts, and older ones that others post.

AnnaJuly- I didn't even consider the raise of estrogen with EPO affecting Endo. I don't know if I have it or not, but I would think that it would be best to not risk making it worse it if I do.
What is the coq10 and what is it for?
I had my thyroid level checked about a year ago, I think, and my TSH was 2.08...I think. It was definitely 2.0-something. But that was all that was checked for thyroid. No free T4 or whatever else is tested for.

halifax41- I had that test done on CD5. My CD3 fell on a Saturday that cycle so I had to wait until Monday. I don't know if those 2 days can make a difference of that much or not, but either way it didn't seem right to me.
My doctor really has no clue when it comes to infertility stuff. She is just my GP and she's great about everything else, but this she just isn't up to par on it.
Fortunately, I have found a local Gyno who has experience dealing with infertility. When we are able to go see her I plan on having all this stuff redone and I'll bring the old results to compare. I just have to wait a little while before we can afford to go.

*I found my actual LH/FSH/Prolactin results in a prior post I made

Prolactin: 11
FSH:7.6
LH:18.3
Me 29
DH 33
TTC since November 09'

Liquefied in 20min
Viscosity- high
pH-8
Motility-56%
Activity- moderate
Directional- 15%
Volume- 2 ml
Count- 143 mill/mL
Total count- 286 million
Normal morphology- 23%

My test results:

My Ovulation Chart

JB7764
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Re: What is your herb combo?

Postby Jamster34 » Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:34 am

Is it ok to take CoQ10 through your whole cycle until you get a BFP :-)
http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/1e5ddb]My Ovulation Char
Me: Jamie 36 DF: Rodney 46
TTC # 1 Since 2005
6 m/c
Married Finally July 13,2013
Tking :CoQ10 ,Prenatal w/DHA, Royal Jelly, Soy, Baby Asprin
Jamster34
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Return to TTC Naturally