CoEnzymeQ10

This board is for anyone who wants to discuss TTC naturally with herbal supplements, etc.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

CoEnzymeQ10

Postby missymoo3 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:31 am

I got my CoEnzymeQ10 tablets through today (after some helpful information from ttcnumber2@42). They are supposed to fight against the age of eggs of us older ttcers. (I am 41). There has been quite a bit of information on it on the internet and some experimental work on mice. There is currently some research going on with a group of women over 35.

I figure I have nothing to lose. I have to go in for a second scan to confirm an empty sac next tuesday and then will have a d&c after that so I reckon my next period is about 6 to 8 weeks away and ovulation 8 to 10. But since eggs take 3 months to be made, you are supposed to take the tablets for that long before it has an effect.

If anyone wants to look into it, it is also called CoQ10.

On another note, I know I will ovulate 2 weeks before my next period, but I am reluctant to try and conceive then as I have heard things about a miscarriage being more likely due to a thinner lining. Anyone know anything about this?

I know the doctors like you to have a period first for dating purposes, but personally I don't give a damn about that! If you follow OPKs then you have your ovulation date yourself.
missymoo3
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby SimoneTTC » Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:06 pm

Hi, I am 39 and have just bought some of these. I have heard that this stuff is brilliant so here goes!

Very sorry about your empty sac. Hope you heal soon and get over things.

GL, Baby Dust and Sticky Vibes.
SimoneTTC

Postby AnnaJuly » Tue May 01, 2012 8:12 pm

Hi,
Sorry to hear what happened.
I know this is a bit late but in my experience it took me awhile to get a on a regular cycle. I was not ttc Immediently but think i did not o for awhile. My miscarriages were natural and a bit more drawn out. And as I remember, it was a long time between my mc's and my next period.
I have heard about linings and waiting to tcc but it think it varies. If it is more than two months I think you get the green light but of course confirm with your doctor.
I am a taking co q10 also and vit D.
AnnaJuly
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby brasil12 » Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:17 pm

I am 40 just eggs failed ivf. Eggs did not fertilize. what is the dosage? i just placed an order today. thanks
brasil12
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Alyce » Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:18 pm

how much are you taking? ive been taking 600mg/day for quite sometime now. cant say it has worked for me but fingers crossed it works for you!
TTC over 3 years. 6 cycles 100mg Clomid, 5 BFNs 1 Ectopic. Lap and fertility testing, DX Unexplained Infertility.
BFP 8/12: Ectopic pregnancy - treated unsucessfully with Methotrexate, then surgically removed in emergency surgery.
10/12: Found out my right tube is deformed and my left tube is badly damaged from the Ectopic pregnancy. Advised to move onto IVF because I have almost no chance of conceiving naturally.
Alyce
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to TTC Naturally