Heavy Metal toxicity - Day one of detoxing!!!!

This board is for anyone who wants to discuss TTC naturally with herbal supplements, etc.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Heavy Metal toxicity - Day one of detoxing!!!!

Postby Ravyndancer » Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:13 pm

I'm 38 and have been TTC for one year now. We were not BD'ing on demand so there were a few months when we didn't BD during my fertile window...

I am hypothyroid with cysts on my thyroid and just had an ovarian cyst burst last week (ouch!!!) and now have no ovarian cysts (yay!).

I just started taking natural thyroid about 2 weeks ago.

I also got tested for heavy metal toxicity, and low and behold, I am at toxic levels for mercury, lead and thallium. Heavy metal toxicity has huge impacts on fertility, plus heavy metals can be passed on to a fetus resulting in health issues such as allergies, asthma, ADHD, autism, behaviour problems, etc.

So I started my detox treatment yesterday! The treatment will last for 10 weeks, and then after 20 weeks I will get retested to see (hopefully) that my levels are back to the normal and safe range. Then, I hope to get pregnant and have a healthy and safe environment for any future baby.

Wish me luck!!!
Me: 39 multinodular goitre, completed 3 cycles of heavy metal detox, HSG Sept 20/12 - R tube open, L was slightly blocked, cleared during procedure, exploratory lap Feb 25/13 found mild endo (2 spots) removed and tubes flushed.
DH: 40 (healthy SA!)
TTC #1 since June 2011
Clomid cycle #1 100 mg CD3-7 April 2013 = BFN
Clomid cycle #2 100 mg CD3-7 May 2013 = didn't BD during fertile window = BFN
June 2013 - 2 years TTC. I give up. No more Clomid, no more temping, no more OPKs. Distraught :(
My Ovulation Chart
Ravyndancer
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Ravyndancer » Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:43 pm

Update:

I did one day of IV EDTA followed by 5 days of DMSA in pill form. Now I take 9 days off which completes my first 2-week cycle. Then I do it all over again, for up to 5 cycles.

This is what I notice:

You have to take the pills on an empty stomach (two pills, twice a day) and then I burp for 10 minutes afterwards, and the burps taste like boiled eggs. It's the sulfur in the pills! Plus, when you pee, it also smells like sulfer.

I initially had mild, but noticeable sharp headaches that were localized. They didn't really bother me, but I could just tell they were there. I also felt a bit queasy when I first started and had less of an appetite with some upset stomach symptoms. Nothing too bad. And that was it!

I have been feeling pretty happy and upbeat, but who's to say if that has anything to do with my de-tox. :)
Me: 39 multinodular goitre, completed 3 cycles of heavy metal detox, HSG Sept 20/12 - R tube open, L was slightly blocked, cleared during procedure, exploratory lap Feb 25/13 found mild endo (2 spots) removed and tubes flushed.
TTC #1 since June 2011
June 2013 - 2 years TTC. I give up. No more Clomid, no more temping, no more OPKs. Distraught :(
My Ovulation Chart
Ravyndancer
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Ravyndancer » Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:33 am

Update: (I don't know if anyone is interested, but oh well!)

I started my second 2 week cycle. Time flies!

My DH and I are currently not TTC, and when I thought I was approaching O (based on timing, cp and EWCM) we used the w/d method once. Then I expected to O. Then we kind of forgot that we weren't TTC and BD again. Well, according to FF, I had a really late O, so we actually BD'd during my fertile phase. OOPS!

I believe the DMSA (detox meds) caused my delayed O. I searched the 'net and found 2 other instances where women thought their O was delayed because of chelation.

I'm feeling positive that all the lead and mercury is leaving my body. Making a toxic free environment for any future bean! :mrgreen:
TTC #1 since June 2011
My Ovulation Chart
Ravyndancer
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby DnS » Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:48 am

I am definitely interested! What else are you taking besides DMSA? I know it sucks but I think it's funny what you said about the burping the sulfur like smell. I work at a pharmacy and we do compounding (actual mixing of powder form of medications) and the DMSA stinks so bad when we make it!!! You are literally burping exactly what that powder smells like when we open the jar!!! LMAO!!

About Us:
Me: 31
DH: 33
Married Since: 4-5-2008
Known ea. other: 16 years
TTC As Of: June 2012
DnS
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Ravyndancer » Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:58 pm

hahaha, oh yeah, it stinks!

For the chelation I'm doing the DMSA pills and an IV treatment. I can't remember what it's called.

I'm taking all SORTS of vitamins and supplements:

Vit C, liquid concentrated Vitamin D, calcium-magnesium, pre-natal, Co-Enzyme Q10, Evening Primrose Oil, Selenium, Vitamin B 100 complex, and iodine drops.

Lots of pills to take every morning! :roll:
TTC #1 since June 2011
My Ovulation Chart
Ravyndancer
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to TTC Naturally