Hibiscus Tea?

This board is for anyone who wants to discuss TTC naturally with herbal supplements, etc.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Hibiscus Tea?

Postby RSLove76 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:12 pm

So I was reading about herbal tea tonight and it said that hibiscus tea lowers estrogen. Awhile back my OBGYN suggested my might need progesterone. He didnt test me he just suggested based on my symptoms... I didn't take it because I felt that the side effects outweighed the "guess" ....educated or not.... but here is the thing... my understanding is that estrogen dominance can often be the cause of a decline in progesterone. I am a massage therapist and make herbal creams and tinctures and I know that alot of the oils I handel are estrogen dominant... I have a theory.... what do you guys thing about the idea of drinking Hibiscus tea to lower estrogen to poteintially raise progesterone??

Is the idea crazy? Could I be on to somthing? What do you think?
RSLove76
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby AnnaJuly » Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:13 pm

I have not heard that about hibiscus tea, but will read up on it. I have endo so am careful of hormone mimickers and think it would be useful in my case as well.. I will let you know what I find out. I have not seen where I live pure hibiscus tea but mixed with rose hips and other plants.
AnnaJuly
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Re: Hibiscus Tea?

Postby sangramKumar » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:51 pm

Hi Guys,

I'm looking for professional massage therapy for home service. any of you guys know a good establishment that caters to this? the lady likes massages so I decided to treat her with home massage, and I'll just go to the gym maybe or get foot massage or something. Any input would be helpful.
sangramKumar

Return to TTC Naturally