seeking proper diet knowledge

This board is for anyone who wants to discuss TTC naturally with herbal supplements, etc.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

seeking proper diet knowledge

Postby lady_lizzie1119 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:09 pm

Hi there, I'm liz dh and I are 20 and we're about to take a four month break from ttc so that the baby won't be born in the summer. In the meanwhile though i'd like to start getting my health back on track and well there's a lot of nutritional advice to sort through and find the truth so I thought why not ask the lovely ladies in similar spots! I've done research and found things I can incorporate into my diet to help improve vaginal health overall and not just for ttc like cranberry juice yogurt with live cultures and more water buuut for example with the cranberry juice is it okay to drink that during pregnancy, past o, during o? I don't know any of that! Just like women only drinking raspberry leaf tea until before o and not after that.

So I guess I am seeking your wisdome. I'm a hippie chick kinda so i'd like organic and natural versus supplements and concoctions. Currently I achieved working spinach into my diet. I just get the big fresh leafed variety and use it in place of lettuce on sandwiches and the like and started trying out luna bars because of the folic acid and vitamins that are in them. Please if you could offer up dietary knowledge, how long to keep it up, how often a week to eat it and the quantity that worked for you I would be super thankful!

Babydust!
lady_lizzie1119
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby AnnaJuly » Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:28 pm

If you do not want to take sups, I would be sure to daily eat/drink foods high in folic acid.
Otherwise, Just in general eat a healthy variety of natural foods.
I try to include more nuts in my diet for the trace mineral benefits.
Good luck :)
AnnaJuly
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Re: seeking proper diet knowledge

Postby lady_lizzie1119 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:42 pm

Thanks for the response! Sorry for replying for so late. My husband actually found Luna bars and since. He's always kinda been on me about my diet he recommended. Turns out certain bars contain 100% of the required folic acid intake! Pretty awesome if you ask me plus a ton of other vitamins and minerals women in particular need. I started eating whole grain, cooking more at home and trying baby step by baby step to eat organic. Kinda hard where I am because its so expensive even though we have tons of local organic farmers and the luna bars (I eat the coconut chocolate ones personally) are 70% organic. Not 100% but as close as I can get on my budget
Trying for baby #1!
Lizzie (Me) 21
Love of my life 23
3 suspected chemical pregnancies (I don't get up the courage to test often, but there were signs)

5/30/2013: BFP!!! I'm pregnant!!!

Mc @ 8 wks...
lady_lizzie1119
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Re: seeking proper diet knowledge

Postby AnnaJuly » Sat Sep 15, 2012 2:41 am

Hi,
How much folic acid do the Luna bars have? I think most multivitamins contain 400 but most prenatals 800. Though if you are eating lots of leafy greens and drinking OJ, you are probably getting enough. In the US I think, cereal and bread is fortified with folic acid as well.
That's good about whole grains, have you tried quinoa? I am new to it and love it :jump2:
Oh about the cranberry juice, never heard not to drink beyond O, but I think there are other herbal teas you should stop besides RRL. Nettle and burdock I think. I love RRL but stop after O. I do drink a very nice ginger tea by Pukka teas, that has turmeric in it. Nice and warming especially for the fall/winter.
Post if you find out anything interesting about what not to take or to take in the tww :) I love getting new info.
AnnaJuly
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to TTC Naturally