question about the pill!

This board is for anyone who wants to discuss TTC naturally with herbal supplements, etc.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

question about the pill!

Postby bcgirl » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:46 am

Hello gals, I"m out of practice with TTC and had a question. I have been on the pill for about a year since Breastfeeding ended with my toddler. I am in the middle of a packet right now. Hubby and I really want one more:) But I'm 41 and I think it needs to be sooner rather than later if we are to have a chance. If I stop taking the pill right now, in the middle of a pack, will it mess me up? Do I need to finish this pack and then start charting and see when I ovulate? Any wisdom is appreciated in advance:)
bcgirl
Friend

Re: question about the pill!

Postby maddy » Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:41 pm

Im not sure on this, but I would think that you would want to finish the pack off so that you have a withdraw bleed.
maddy

Re: question about the pill!

Postby Zraii » Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:47 pm

I'm with Maddy - finish what you started. Its not like this cycle is going to be a winner even if you did quit now... Hormones are a total mess if you toy with them. I would finish this pack, go off during the dead-pill week, and then stop taking them. From now on I would recommend a vita-nutrient solution too (aka take all the right vitamins, both you and DH) to ensure additional fertility. In my reading, its been said that fertility goes down as women age because the days of the 'good CM' are fewer. I believe in the 20s a woman has 3 days of the right CM for fertility during ovulation whereas a woman in her 30s gets only 1 day. So, upping the vitamins for additional benefit and nutrition beforehand might make your life a bit easier.

Best of luck :)
Zraii
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Return to TTC Naturally