TCM (Traditional Chinese Medicine)

This board is for anyone who wants to discuss TTC naturally with herbal supplements, etc.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: TCM (Traditional Chinese Medicine)

Postby Babylove24 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:35 pm

Thrilled for you!!!! Little boys give you so much joy :) can't wait for you to be snuggling your little man :)

Thully any news?

Seriously bloated here! I'm two and a half weeks away from the 12 week scan and telling everyone!! Tummy is already protruding!
Babylove24
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby baruderu » Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:54 pm

That's great Babylove! 2 and half weeks will seem like forever but you're nearly there :D I bet you're loving the bloat. :(

Still can't believe I'm having a boy. My husband is over the moon, to say the least :D

Thully, give us an update if you can, we'd love to hear it.
My son was born in Feb 2014
baruderu
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Thully_1980 » Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:13 am

Hi Ladies

Hope you are doing well darlings.

As for me...I think I will test tomorrow coz till now, no spotting and no AF...and already 2 months went past. Just suffering from constant but mild headache as well as plenty of bloating. Fro, two weeks back I was sure that af was on her way coz I had ewcm...but I still have it now occasionally.

Please keep me in your prayers Ladies...and give me tons of babysit :wink:
Me - Thully - 34 - Diagnosed with PCOS(because of hormonal imbalance) by gynae in Jan 2014
Dh - Jimmy - 54 - has 4 children from previous marriage (Incl twins)
TTC #1 together, for 16 cycles

My Ovulation Chart
|| [url=http;//www.fertilityfriend.com]Ovulation Calendar[/url]
Thully_1980
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby baruderu » Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:17 pm

Test and let us know Thully!! Good luck and stay positive :D
baruderu
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Thully_1980 » Sat Sep 07, 2013 3:45 am

I bought the tests and will test dear.

This autocorrect on my phone :doh: I meant babydust and it says babysit :rofl:
Me - Thully - 34 - Diagnosed with PCOS(because of hormonal imbalance) by gynae in Jan 2014
Dh - Jimmy - 54 - has 4 children from previous marriage (Incl twins)
TTC #1 together, for 16 cycles

My Ovulation Chart
|| [url=http;//www.fertilityfriend.com]Ovulation Calendar[/url]
Thully_1980
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby olenasib » Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:10 am

Hi Baruderu. I came across your posts while researching TCM. I am in my 40's and your experience has inspired me. I've had a history of miscarriages and we have just decided to try again and thinking of going the natural way with TCM just as you have. But I want to make sure I go to the right TCM practitioner. I was hoping you can share the name and details of your TCM doctor as I also live in Toronto.

All the best and thank you for sharing your story!
olenasib
Friend

Postby baruderu » Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:22 am

Hi olenasib,

That's wonderful news and I'm happy to help. I will PM you the details (not sure if there's a rule against posting that sort of thing publicly so just to be safe I'll send you a message). :D I just have to dash to work now but I'll write as soon as I get to work.

Barbara
baruderu
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby olenasib » Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:26 pm

Hi baruderu. I got your PM but don't know how to reply to it (I'm new to this) so I'm sending my message through this forum. Thank you so much for such quick response. I will definitely give them a call and visit one of these days. I hope I'll have the same luck as you :)
olenasib
Friend

Postby baruderu » Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:33 pm

You're very welcome. Glad to help, and feel free to get in touch with any other questions. I forgot to mention that most private insurance will cover at least a portion, if not all, of the acupuncture part of the treatment, which is a big help. The doctor that I recommended is fully accredited and registered as well (which some insurance providers require). You may need to get a referral from your family doctor, depending on the requirements of your medical insurance. All the best to you!!
baruderu
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby olenasib » Sat Nov 16, 2013 6:58 pm

hi baruderu. thanks for the tip. i checked and my group insurance does cover part of the cost :)

i wanted to ask too did you combine western and traditional chinese medicine when you were trying to conceive? did you take any western medications like progesterone supplements? i was just wondering if there will be any side effect of combining the traditional chinese medicine with western medicine.
olenasib
Friend

Postby baruderu » Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:08 am

I didn't combine any other treatment with TCM but it is very common to do so. In fact, the place that I recommended to you actually shares office space with a Western fertility clinic, and both sets of doctors are very comfortable working in conjunction with each other. I met another patient there who had success with IVF (twins!) and was also doing TCM to increase her odds. My progesterone was fine so I didn't need to take any tablets for that, but again, it's very common. Once you have your consultation they will explain how both treatments approaches can be used together.

Glad your insurance will cover part of the costs!
baruderu
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby olenasib » Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:24 pm

thanks a lot for sharing all these information. i really appreciate it :) i hope you won't mind me asking more questions if something pops up in my head again. take care!
olenasib
Friend

Postby baruderu » Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:16 pm

Not at all! Feel free to ask me anything you like. Happy to share my experience with others. :-) Keep me posted on your journey as well!
baruderu
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Melanie123 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:58 am

Hi all

Just wanted advice as the OP's post gives me some hope that all is not lost.

I'm nearly 32. I've only been TTC #1 for about 5 months and had 1 chemical in that time but I believe I have endometriosis that only a lap can diagnose. I have recurrent pelvic pain, painful periods, excruciating ovulation with my right ovary and in the last 6 months pain with bowel movements. All scans and MRI's suggest adenemyosis and not any obvious endometriosis but I am hesitant to have any kind of surgical procedure to diagnose endo until I've at least tried for a year. Having said that every month I get AF I know i'm deluding myself that I can get pregnant without surgical intervention. But baredu you give me hope that maybe TCM can help. Are there any tips you can give me on trying to get that BFP. I am Type 1 Diabetic since 2011 so I have a lot of hormonal issues and bad PMS having been diagnosed i.e. hot flushes before period etc. My cycle is about every 28-30 days. I know when I ovulate each month bc I feel it and have had my progesterone checked but I have no idea if my tubes are open. Given that I had one chemical pregnancy in May I suppose I can assume at least one side is ok? Just really need some comforting words bc I feel like it will never happen.
Melanie123

Postby baruderu » Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:33 pm

Oh Melanie I'm so sorry to hear about your tough times! All is not lost though, and I completely agree with you and your gut which is telling you to avoid surgical procedures (only as a last resort). Although my health issues were different than yours I would still strongly suggest that you try to find an accredited practitioner of Traditional Chinese Medicine in your area and go for a consultation. If you don't like what you hear then no harm done. Your monthly pain sounds a lot like endometriosis to me, but I'm not a doctor! At any rate I really think TCM could help you with most if not all of your medical problems, at least to a degree where you can have a healthy pregnancy. Where do you live? Perhaps googling the nearest big city + Traditional Chinese Medicine practitioner might give you a few names to check out? TCM accreditation is key, so make sure to check out their credentials. You want someone who practices holistic Chinese medicine, not just someone who does acupuncture. All my positive thoughts are heading your way. Feel free to msg me privately or post on here if you have any other questions, and please keep me posted on your journey. :-)
baruderu
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

PreviousNext

Return to TTC Naturally