TCM (Traditional Chinese Medicine)

This board is for anyone who wants to discuss TTC naturally with herbal supplements, etc.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: TCM (Traditional Chinese Medicine)

Postby baruderu » Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:55 am

How's it going Babylove? What day of the cycle are you on now? Must be getting close!

I go for my dating scan next week and I'm starting to get excited and nervous at the same time.
My son was born in Feb 2014
baruderu
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Babylove24 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:37 am

I didn't see this post until I was skimming through the threads! I apologise!

So I'm on cd 21 and am fairly confident that I O'd on cd 14. That was also the day of my second acupuncture appointment and we bd that night. Past few days had very light cramping and heavy bb's (unusual for me) - but I could be over thinking/symptom spotting!! Went for third appointment on Monday and she said my pulse felt very strong (was the first time she had mentioned my pulse, other times she just said I had good energies) and at the end of the session she said not to worry about next weeks appointment and to come back in two weeks instead.. I had to bite my tongue from asking what that means?!?!?!!!! I will wait until at least cd25 (11dpo) to test!

How are you? Have you had the dating scan? How are you feeling? Sorry for all the questions, feel the need to compensate for seeing your post so late! :)
Babylove24
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby baruderu » Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:00 am

No problem!! I am so happy to hear that your treatment is going well.

I just got back from my dating scan. I saw my baby's heartbeat, and saw the yolk sac which is absolutely amazing! :-) I burst into tears and my husband couldn't stop smiling either. I should be 8 weeks 4 days or so right now and all is on track. :-)

Other than feeling incredibly happy that my baby is doing well the pregnancy has been fairly tiring but I'm not complaining. My TCM doctor is very pleased with my progress and will predict the gender using my pulse points this coming Monday :-) So exciting!!!

Keep me posted. My fingers are crossed you get a lovely positive result on your pregnancy test.
baruderu
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Babylove24 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:19 pm

I'm so happy for you both! That's such great news and I wish you only continued strength and happiness during this pregnancy. I can't even begin to imagine what it would've been like to hear that heartbeat and see the sac, like all your Christmas' at once!!!

That's very exciting re. finding our the gender! Praying for a healthy & happy little bub for you :)
Babylove24
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby baruderu » Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:52 am

Thanks babylove. Got a call from my wonderful doctor last night confirming the good news. The baby is measuring 8 weeks 5 days so it's bang on where it's supposed to be.

Next step is the dreaded 12 week scan and bloodwork to test for abnormalities. I've never made it to this stage so I am excited and terrified at the same time. 3 more weeks to go!
baruderu
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Babylove24 » Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:48 pm

So exciting! Prayed for you (and a bit for me!!) last night :) enjoy this special time. A new wave of calm optimism has washed over me and I'm really starting to believe it will all happen when the time is right :) so happy everything is tracking well for you & little bean!

My symptoms are still v minimal - veiny bb's and a bit sensitive which is unusual and runny nose. Cramping stopped a few days ago. Ready for 2ww to be over and to either celebrate or look forward to cycle #3!
Babylove24
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby baruderu » Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:36 am

Those sound like excellent symptoms to me! Have you had the dreams yet? Either having a baby or holding a baby, etc.? :D

Being calm is so important in this whole process. From the TWW to carrying the baby it's all about feeling peaceful and not letting the stress get to you. Sounds like you are very calm so well done!

I've had a thumping headache since yesterday afternoon so I am ready to calmly bite someone's head off. :mrgreen:

Keep me posted!! Time to buy some First Response tests I think!!
baruderu
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Babylove24 » Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:17 pm

Did a Internet cheapy at 8dpo (I'm very impatient) and was bfn! I know it's too early so trying to hold out. I don't feel pregnant to be honest.. And no dreams! But who knows?! Mum was 4 months preg with me when she found out and only symptoms were a missed period!

Not good re headache, but at the same time you know your body is working and doing its "thing". :)

I'll keep you posted, not out til AF comes along!
Babylove24
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby baruderu » Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:17 am

Hey babylove, what's the verdict? I think you're around 10DPO now. Fingers crossed! :D
baruderu
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Babylove24 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:32 pm

AF arrived this morning!!! Grrr. But on the positive, vitex & acupuncture bright me back to a 27/28 day cycle! Have now purchased geritol and preseed to add to the mix this cycle! I feel like a gumball machine haha.

How are you doing?!
Babylove24
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby baruderu » Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:36 am

:-( well you know what, I bet your body was doing a test run this month, and is now ready for the real thing next month! Glad to hear your cycle is back on track.
I'm ok thanks. Just petrified at the thought of the 12 week scan on July 12. I've never made it past this point so I am a little worried. I keep checking to see if I still "feel pregnant" and I think I still am. I feel pressure in my uterus and my boobs are still bigger and sore. Nausea comes and goes every other day too. I just want to get past the 12 week mark!
I registered with a mid-wife yesterday. Hope I'm not jinxing myself but I didn't want to run the risk of not finding a space.
Oh and my TCM doctor did the pulse thing and is predicting a girl! :-) !!!! :-)
baruderu
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Babylove24 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:35 am

A girl!!! :) in regards to the 12wk scan and even the rest of the pregnancy, you can only take it as it comes. Unfortunately it's out of your control, but the only thing you can do is to remain positive and keep focusing on te future. Your sense of self would have gotten you through the hard times in the past, and it is what will also get you through what is to come. My view is to not wonder about the what ifs that are out of our control, but rather focus on the positives. The power of the mind is an incredible thing and staying positive will impact your body in more ways than one. Still praying for a healthy preg for you and the other ladies out there every night!!

So I'm a little crazy and ordered preseed and geritol for this month in addition to my vitex, iron, vit c and folic.. I'M READY FOR THIS :)
Babylove24
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby baruderu » Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:44 am

Awww oh my gosh I know I am still pregnant because reading your kind words just made me cry at my desk at work!! Thanks so much, and you are absolutely correct. Positive thoughts impact the body just as negative ones do.

You're not crazy at all, you just want to make your egg as perfect as possible for this cycle! I think you're doing the right thing! How's your diet, by the way? If I'm being too nosey just tell me to go away :-)
baruderu
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Babylove24 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:09 am

Yay emotional is the best kind of symptom :) I'm typically quite an optimistic person and I really believe its the easiest way to live your life! Less to worry about until the time comes to worry - although don't get me wrong, I never stop thinking! About my business, about our property, about baby names. Thinking and anxious I am, although optimistic goals are what I live for :)

Not nosey at all!! Diet is much better now. I force myself to eat breakfast which I struggled to do previously, I cut down from 3 coffees per day to 1 (sometimes 2 if the kids at day care have been full on!), I try ensure two servings of fruit per day, and at least 2 of veg, although an trying to increase the veg intake in my snacks. I still have a bit of sugar each day - it's my weakness and I actually feel faint if I don't have sugar! (Not diabetic!). My recent blood test (3/4 weeks ago) was absolutely perfect: sugar, cholesterol, the lot - all perfect! Only iron was on the lower side, so taking supplement. Family member is a dietician and she told me the only thing I need to really watch is my sugar and eating more frequent meals. Since I started eating breakfast that hasn't been a problem as I am starving!! I am pretty normal in height and weight, with my bmi being around 23.

What is weird is that my body is pretty good in that it adjust quickly to things (evident from my great 27 day cycle after 3 weeks of vitex and acupuncture!). I hope it was just a matter of timing..
Babylove24
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby baruderu » Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:28 am

Wow! Your diet sounds really good! :-) I reckon you'll get your BFP very soon.

Sorry for the short reply. Been having an emotional couple of days (for no good reason!) and now have to rush to work. :|
baruderu
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

PreviousNext

Return to TTC Naturally