TCM (Traditional Chinese Medicine)

This board is for anyone who wants to discuss TTC naturally with herbal supplements, etc.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: TCM (Traditional Chinese Medicine)

Postby Babylove24 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:55 am

That's ok! I'm in Australia, so it's night time here :) don't worry, I found out my friend is preg the other day and ended up crying my eyes out - at least you have a reason to be emotional! Hire a good movie and cry it all out :)
Babylove24
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby baruderu » Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:50 am

Ouch! I know that feeling. My good friend told me she was pregnant with her second 2 months before I was "allowed" to TTC. It hurts but it's best to be happy for them. The green eyed monster is not something you want in your life! :mrgreen:

We've got a long weekend coming up so it will be nice to sleep and rest and watch tv and be emotional :?

Oh my 12 week scan has been booked for Monday July 15th. 18 more days to go to find out if I made it past the "danger zone". I'm also having the integrated prenatal screening because I am of "advanced maternal age" :rofl: I just want to see the baby's heartbeat again and I will be so happy!
My son was born in Feb 2014
baruderu
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Babylove24 » Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:52 am

I'm really happy for her.. But it's definitely hard as I know a few girls in our group have been trying for a little while without success and hers was an almost immediate bfp! Blaa happy for her, and hoping to join those ranks! Positive thinking ;)

I wish we had a long weekend! It's winter at the moment and it was so hard to get out of bed this morning :( enjoy resting and watching movies!!

2.5 weeks to psyche yourself up for the testing! Better to get it all done and checked out. My Aunty gave birth last year at age 44 to a beautiful little baby girl. Whilst all was going well, they found out at 37weeks that bub was anaemic and performed an emergency c-section. She is a beautiful 8month old now, but it's always best to be on the safe side and check it all out. To be honest - it can happen at any age, so I wouldn't think to much on that end, but rather a holistic approach to caring for the pregnancy ;)

You've got me to vent to up until your scans!!! Get out all your anxieties here!

So today I worked out that if we conceive this cycle our 12weeks scan and point at which we could announce would fall on our two year wedding anniversary and the due date would be my best friends birthday - I'm all about coincidences!!
Babylove24
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby baruderu » Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:06 pm

Ooh! That would be something wouldn't it (having your big announcement at the same time as your anniversary)! That's a lovely thought, and I bet it happens too. :-)

Thanks so much for your support on here. I hope I can do the same for you in a few weeks when the fun begins for you! Have a large glass of red wine for me, if you don't mind, before you conceive :D

I'm off to my TCM doctor again after work. I have to pick up the raw herbs for next week and have another acupuncture session since Monday is a holiday (and that's normally when I have my weekly appointments).

I was toying with the idea of renting a doppler unit for a month or two to monitor baby's heart at home but I think I'm just being a bit silly. I keep reminding myself that it's either going to work out or its not, and I'll find out in the end anyways so I shouldn't waste money and increase stress levels. :doh:

At any rate, have a lovely weekend! :-)
baruderu
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Babylove24 » Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:32 pm

Have a BBQ tonight with all of our friends where I think the preg friend will announce her bump - ill have two glasses of red for you!! ;)

You'll go crazy with the Doppler - I'd be checking every half hour! Better not to know until the time comes and just do everything in your power to make little bean a nice home :)

Hubby was getting a haircut so I went into chemist to buy more vitex. Was talked into fish oil with omega 3 as well.. Gumball machine status improving by the day!! Bought vitamins for hubby too and he growled at me.. :s my next acu appointment is this Wed :)

Enjoy relaxing!
Babylove24
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby baruderu » Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:51 am

So was the big announcement made at the BBQ? How did you handle it? :roll:

Make sure your gumball routine includes calcium and magnesium, especially when you get your bfp! It will also help you sleep at night which is a bonus.

My symptoms have started to improve which makes me nervous but is apparently quite normal. I've googled it many times this weekend and a lot of women start to feel better around 10 weeks so I'm trying not to freak.
I am really, really looking forward to stopping the Chinese tea. It tastes terrible at the best of times but having food aversions makes it incredibly difficult to force down my throat. I've stuck with it though, because it's working.

Speaking of TCM, I saw my doctor on Friday and he did the gender pulse test thing again and said it was slightly more likely that I would be having a BOY now. :o He said it's normal for the reading to flip flip a few times as the blood flow increases. It's quite exciting. My mum is convinced it will be a boy. I don't care, as long as it's healthy!
baruderu
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Babylove24 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:12 pm

Well on the way to BBQ I felt sick to my stomach! But was so happy for her when saw how happy she was :) she will make an incredible mother.

If it makes you feel better, she said she doesn't feel anything other than an aversion to red meat. Her symptoms also got better from around week 10. Glad you're persevering with the tea - very brave!! I have been taking magnesium for past two years for premenstrual cramps, and have recently been eating more diary and will def take supplements once bfp!

At least boys are easier!!! I want a girl first but would rather three boys than three girls ;) healthy is most important!
Babylove24
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby baruderu » Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:35 am

Glad the bbq went better than expected. That will be you soon enough so enjoy feeling good while you can. I can't believe how sh*tty the first trimester can be. Bleurgh! :)
12 days to go until the big scan. You may not hear much from me until then. The nerves are kicking in!
baruderu
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Babylove24 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:09 am

Soon, but think of it as also being close enough to "being in the know", my worst is just not knowing. I have faith that this will merely be an assurance for you. I pray for your sticky bean :) boy or girl!!

Had acupuncture tonight, back to weekly sessions as I'm too anxious! Had needles in my ears and felt the anxiety release immediately though :)

Thoughts are with you x
Babylove24
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby baruderu » Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:47 am

Hi babylove. I'm still here, just ticking along until the big day. All seems ok so far. How are you doing? Must be close to the big O day! :D
baruderu
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Babylove24 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:04 pm

Came on here to wish you good luck and that I'm thinking of you and didn't see your last post til now :( how are you feeling? Not long to go before you get to put your mind at ease (positive thoughts!).

Think I either O'd yesterday or today. DH has been good but exhausted with work. Am lucky to bd every other day.. He came to acupuncture with me which was really nice and I think he's trying to be a bit more understanding of how small the window of opportunity is!!
Babylove24
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby baruderu » Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:30 am

hey babylove! Every other day is perfect. That's what we used and it worked. There's a theory that it allows his swimmers to rest and rebuild (haha!) if he takes a day's rest. :) Glad he's realising how small the window of opportunity is! I reckon you'll start feeling symptoms soon! (pssst! have one more glass of wine now if you can!) :D
I'm feeling ok thank you. Little tiny pings of pain on the left side of my tummy but apart from that my appetite is slowing coming back (YAY!). Still quite tired though, and the veins all over my body are insane. But I smile when I look at all these things because it means the baby is ok. Swollen ankles have also made an early appearance. Oh dear!
My TCM doctor advised me to keep seeing him until after the 13th week. I've decided to go back only one more time- next Friday- which will be 13 weeks 0 days. I will know on Monday if the baby has made it through the worst part. I may go back once a month though for acupuncture just to keep calm and balanced. I don't think I'll do the tea after next week though. It's been 5 months of it and I really can't stand the smell of it anymore!
Please keep me posted on any and all symptoms you might start having! This is the exciting part!! 8)
baruderu
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Babylove24 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:24 pm

Not long now, that's great re appetite and veins! Not so on the swollen ankles but its all part of the package :)

The tww has officially begun, but I'm going to try not to symptom spot (TRY!). Anything I happen to notice I will post :) praying for my bfp and your sticky little bean :)
Babylove24
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby baruderu » Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:23 am

Just got back from the NT scan. ALL IS WELL!!! Saw the baby kicking and moving around like crazy and the nuchal fold measurement was within the normal range. PHEW!!!!! I am so happy I can't even begin to tell you. :-) I need a nap from all the excitement. Here's to Traditional Chinese Medicine! :-)
baruderu
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Babylove24 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:53 pm

I'm so happy for you!!!! Thank goodness for TCM and positive thinking ;) I hope you really now give in and enjoy this special special time. My best thoughts are with you on this journey :)
Babylove24
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

PreviousNext

Return to TTC Naturally