TCM (Traditional Chinese Medicine)

This board is for anyone who wants to discuss TTC naturally with herbal supplements, etc.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: TCM (Traditional Chinese Medicine)

Postby baruderu » Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:09 am

Thank you babylove, for your kind words and all of your support. I look forward to hearing your wonderful news imminently as well. Let me know where you are posting so I can follow your developments, or send me a PM if you like. I am MrsJenkins over on the pregnancy boards. :D
My son was born in Feb 2014
baruderu
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Thully_1980 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:04 am

Hi Ladies
I've been following this thread and I love the support and eye opening information on alternative medicine :D

Hope you don't mind me following you Ladies.

I was a pretty regular somebody and then I experienced chemical pregnancy in December last year...and my Dr prescribed Fertomid (the equivalent of clomid). This completely messed up my cycles :doh:

Now I'm very irregular and am starting to lose hope that I'll ever conceive my first baby. Tomorrow we are going to another Dr who deals with alternative medicine and I hear she is holistically good...so we will see...if I don't get joy out of her I will go to the China Mall around here and find a Dr there :D

Baruderu, am soooo glad you went past your dreaded 12 week mark :D. I also hope all is well with you Babylove.

Last week THREE women I know announced that they were pregnant...is there something wrong with me???????? :oops:
Me - Thully - 34 - Diagnosed with PCOS(because of hormonal imbalance) by gynae in Jan 2014
Dh - Jimmy - 54 - has 4 children from previous marriage (Incl twins)
TTC #1 together, for 16 cycles

My Ovulation Chart
|| [url=http;//www.fertilityfriend.com]Ovulation Calendar[/url]
Thully_1980
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Babylove24 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:25 am

Hi thully, so glad you've joined! It's definitely nice to have the support of others, and I think both baruderu and I have both found a lot of benefits from TCM (although in varying circumstance!). I am so sorry for your hardship in ttc #1, but you are certainly not alone. I have said this on other forums, but it is definitely good to have goals to work towards. For example, at the moment I am taking vitex, iron, vit c and folic in addition to acupuncture. If we don't conceive in the next 2 cycles, I will get DH to do a sperm test. We are booking to go away to bali in January, so if I'm not preg by November will we have a break so that I don't travel in first trimester and then go to a fertility clinic in our return.

I think once you set the goals for the next steps in your journey, you will find more peace in the process as it feels as though you are actively making positive steps.

At your appointment tomorrow ask about using vitex or dong quai to regulate your cycles. I do believe that since you had a chemical pregnancy that at least your body can fall pregnant, and although it didn't stick that time, there are ways to correct that through TCM in future as they can assist with your uterus lining and in producing healthy and mature follicles.

Good luck!
Babylove24
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Thully_1980 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:41 am

Thank you so much for welcoming me Babylove :D

I will look for vitex and I pray that its available here in South Africa...coz I think its one of the supplements I should be taking indeed...

Am actually looking forward to my appointment for tomorrow...
Me - Thully - 34 - Diagnosed with PCOS(because of hormonal imbalance) by gynae in Jan 2014

My Ovulation Chart
Thully_1980
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby baruderu » Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:51 am

Hi Thully! It's wonderful to hear from you. I'm just so glad that my experience (and Babylove's) might give others food for thought as they TTC. What's great is that it can work in conjunction with Western medical approaches to fertility so it's not an "all or nothing" treatment.

I'm convinced beyond a shadow of a doubt that it was the TCM that made me hold on to this little wiggle monkey. I had no problem conceiving but I would miscarry before 12 weeks. If you are thinking of TCM can I just suggest that you be very careful in finding an accredited practitioner of Traditional Chinese Medicine. Many people can do acupuncture, but TCM is an entire approach to treating the body. I would hate for anyone to think they've found the right practitioner only to learn that they've wasted their time/money not to mention the heartache of failing to conceive and hold on to the mite.

At any rate all the best to you and please do keep me posted. If you have any questions at all I would be happy to share my experience with you. :D x

Hey babylove, I'm keeping an eye out for you my friend :D
baruderu
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Thully_1980 » Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:31 am

Hi Ladies

Went to the Wellness Centre here in town. They deal with herb treatment only. They are a group of doctors. So they have this machine that scans the whole body and detect any wrong things intenally.
So when they got to my womb area the first question the Dr asked was "do u have children?" I said NO and he asked "have you miscarried?" And I told him YES, early mis. I asked what he saw...he said I have fibroids in my womb!! They are the cause of my problem. Luckily they are still small, so with proper medication, can be flushed out. If they were big, I'd have to go to surgery!!!!

Praise be to God that the root of the problem is discovered and can be dealt with. Tonight we are starting with detoxing with my hubby and followed by medication to sort out the problem!

My Ovulation Chart
Thully_1980
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby baruderu » Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:17 pm

Thully I'm so glad they've found the root of your problem!! That's wonderful news. Now you've got something to work on and it sounds like they've got a plan for your treatment. I'm so happy for you both x :D Please keep us informed of your progress.
baruderu
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Thully_1980 » Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:51 am

Thank you Baruderu for your support...both of you Ladies are the BEST!!!!!!

I'm so much optimistic now that SOMEDAY I definitely will be a mom! Its such a relief that what's wrong with me is a foreign growth that can be removable...rather than ME being the infertile one :D

Did the detox last night and early this morning. Now I feel refreshed but drained! Tomorrow I'm starting on the medication...I must admit though, herbal medication tastes horrible :omg:

My Ovulation Chart
Thully_1980
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby baruderu » Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:36 pm

Have they got you on tea or tablets? Yes, it does taste horrendously bad but it works :D Hang in there, you'll feel the difference soon enough I'm sure! :)
baruderu
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Babylove24 » Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:27 am

I remember baruderu saying how bad that tea was!!! I'm here supporting you all the way :)

Just came back from acupuncture and she has a feeling it will happen soon for me.. It better!!!! I'm on cd 27, so we should see soon if I'm in or out. Our cousin just gave birth to a beautiful little boy. Want to steal him ;)

Waiting to hear everyone's updates and we are living vicariously through you baruderu!
Babylove24
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby baruderu » Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:01 am

Babylove i'm waiting on the edge of my seat for your news!! I hope you invested in some First Response tests :D

If you're living through me then let me tell you my latest (somewhat dull) developments. Had my first midwife appointment last Wednesday. She was nice enough, and the best part was hearing baba's heartbeat using the Doppler. She said it was 150 which is great. She felt my uterus through my lower tummy and said it was feeling quite nice and hard and elevated and then asked if I was sure it wasn't twins (!!?) I said no, just one, and she smile and said all is looking and feeling great so far. Next midwife appointment is in 4 weeks, and next ultrasound is the 18 week development scan at which time we want to find out the gender. :D

I have to go for the second part of the genetic screening blood test on August 9th. Following that they will combine the results of blood test #1 and the NT scan and let me know my risk for having a baby with Down Syndrome and other genetic conditions.

Next week I go for the worst of the blood letting which is the standard testing including thyroid, iron, etc plus HIV etc. I've had this done before and I swear they take 10 gallons of blood. Eep!

On Saturday I caved and went maternity clothing shopping. Managed to hit a great sale and bought some great non-hippy mat clothes. :D As I sit here and write this in my new bra and stretchy waistband capris it's such a wonderful feeling not feeling pinched and uncomfortable. Although my uterus is still quite low as expected it seems to have pushed up other stuff in my tummy so I do have a little bump from the ribcage downwards. Never made it this far so it's quite exciting. :D

As for symptoms my fatigue is starting to lift although I still take 2 hour naps on weekends. The nausea is 95% gone which is a delight, but my irritability is still sky high. I also alternate between giggling and crying for no reason which is amusing my husband to no end. Sleeping through the night is still an issue. I find myself waking up for no reason and can't get back to sleep for ages. The night time peeing is slowing down at long last. That was fun. 4-5 times per night! Sheesh!

We went out for dinner on Saturday night and for the first time in 3 months I had a glass of red wine with my meal. It was absolutely heavenly going down, but the next day my head was thumping and I felt terrible all day long. So that's that. My body can't tolerate even a tiny bit of wine. Never thought this day would come! :doh: Oh well, I'll survive!

Anyways, I had my last TCM appointment on Friday and showed my doctor one of the scan photos of baba. He was so pleased! I'm on my last 5 day dose of the tea (bleurgh!) but I will go back at 20 weeks and 27 weeks for acupuncture, and then possibly weekly as the due date approaches.

:D
baruderu
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Thully_1980 » Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:16 am

Congrats on your cousin's new baby!!!! Always a joy to welcome a new family member :D

Baru, so glad your pregnancy is going well...yaay!!!!

The meds I'm taking are taken like TEA...have to put boiling water, then filter the leafy the herbs after 30 minutes...tastes horrible, but I'm prepared to take them as long as they help.

My Ovulation Chart
Thully_1980
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Babylove24 » Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:54 pm

Thank you ladies!

Baruderu, your symptoms/experiences sound heavenly! I told hubby to get prepared for greater than usual mood swings! Sounds like you're all on track. The little bump must be so cute! I'd probably wear all tight things to show off my proud little bump :)

I'm going no where near that tea! I'm horrible with things like that.

Cd 28 is here and I'm on edge!!! Feel nothing - no AF cramps, no bloatedness, I'm just irritable and have bad skin! Great ;)
Babylove24
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Babylove24 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:18 am

Tonight (cd28), two hpt tests later, hubby and I can see a very faint second line... BFP?!?!?!? Will do a blood test tomorrow night and find out thurs morning ill keep you posted! Ahhhhhh
Babylove24
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Thully_1980 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:17 am

:praying: oh Babylove, im praying that you are truly pregnant!!!!!!

My Ovulation Chart
Thully_1980
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

PreviousNext

Return to TTC Naturally