TCM and acupuncture

This board is for anyone who wants to discuss TTC naturally with herbal supplements, etc.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: TCM and acupuncture

Postby becbaf » Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:51 pm

Thank you ladies for your support. Sept2014 my mother-in-law's friend told me to take the ba zhen wan and she told me to take eight at a time. I took them while she was staying with us and then stopped because I wasn't sure if I should be taking them. She said that if your throat is sore after taking them you should stop. I will ask my acupuncturist about them then I next see her. Generally, I just try to trust what she says because what else can we do?
DH & I have been TTC #2 since March 2013
DS - 2007
TCM - seems to have balanced my hormones :)
BFP March 19th 2014
Ectopic pregnancy discovered at 6 wks - April 2014 (lost right tube)[/url<aImageImage
becbaf
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby SEPT2014 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:34 am

Thanks becbaf, i am only taking 2 pills twice a day at the moment, the acupuncturist knows i am ttc and i asked her a few times are the safe for ttc and pregnancy and she said they are safe. I want to believe her but i am a bit nervous. Oh and i still have not ovulated but i think it is on the way today or tomorrow finally. How are you feeling now?
Me: 38, DH: 42 - TTC No. 1 since Oct 2013
My Ovulation Chart

MC twin A 12.01.2014 @ 6w6d
Emergency Lap on 16.01.2014 @ 7w3d Twin B (ectopic) & ruptured right tube, left tube ok

May 2014 - CP/MC 5w+3, numerous chemicals since

Metformin (PCOS), bromocriptine(elevated prolactin)
April 2015 HSG - normal uterus and left tube fine
Nov 2015 - investigative hystero & D&C - normal
March 2016 - Start IVF+PGS - our last hope :omg: :love:
Day 9 : 11 measurable follies - egg retrieval March 2016 :omg:
8 eggs selected for fert by icsi - 8 x fert.
Day 5: 5 embryos for PGS biopsy & freeze.
PGS (ngs)results: 2 x normal & 3 x abnormal
FET June 2016 1 x PGS normal blast transferred :omg:
Trust your gut instincts.
Bfp July 2016 - please stay around little one :hb:
SEPT2014
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby becbaf » Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:06 pm

Hi SEPT2014, I'm not really sure how I'm feeling if that makes sense? I'm frustrated that I have to wait three months to try again because I just want to be pregnant. Have you had support over the last few months? I am very sorry to read about your loss. Have you googled the ba zhen wan? They seem quite good. My acupuncturist is away for a month but I really want to know what she has to say about them.
DS - 2007
BFP March 19th 2014
Ectopic pregnancy discovered at 6 wks - April 2014 (lost right tube)[/url<aImageImage
becbaf
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby SEPT2014 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:56 pm

Hi becbaf,

So sorry, i was away over easter, sorry for delay. I will send you a pm if u like. To be honest it is only the last 2 weeks that i have started to see glimpses of my old self again and feel a lot better. I think the bad treatment by the hospital made it worse for me to be honest. I was in shock for a long time after it. I can imagine, it still feels as if it didn't happen as if it happened to someone else. Definitely talk to someone you feel will listen to you, I find ectopic pregnancies are hard emotionally as it all happens so quick sometimes and you are in shock and the medics do not really tell you what to expect after. Have you had a follow up at hospital? I will send you a pm, hopefully it might help. :hugs:
I had googled the ba zhen wan, some great reviews, i am just scared to take them now i have O'ed. :shock:
Me: 38, DH: 42 - TTC No. 1 since Oct 2013
My Ovulation Chart

MC twin A 12.01.2014 @ 6w6d
Emergency Lap on 16.01.2014 @ 7w3d Twin B (ectopic) & ruptured right tube, left tube ok

May 2014 - CP/MC 5w+3, numerous chemicals since

Metformin (PCOS), bromocriptine(elevated prolactin)
April 2015 HSG - normal uterus and left tube fine
Nov 2015 - investigative hystero & D&C - normal
March 2016 - Start IVF+PGS - our last hope :omg: :love:
Day 9 : 11 measurable follies - egg retrieval March 2016 :omg:
8 eggs selected for fert by icsi - 8 x fert.
Day 5: 5 embryos for PGS biopsy & freeze.
PGS (ngs)results: 2 x normal & 3 x abnormal
FET June 2016 1 x PGS normal blast transferred :omg:
Trust your gut instincts.
Bfp July 2016 - please stay around little one :hb:
SEPT2014
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby baruderu » Mon May 26, 2014 5:47 pm

Hi ladies, how are you all doing? I come by here regularly to see the updates but it's been quiet lately. I hope you are all ok and doing well. Would love to hear your updates :-)
My son was born in Feb 2014
baruderu
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby becbaf » Tue May 27, 2014 1:32 am

Hi Barbara, how nice of you to check in on all of us! I'm just waiting out my three months until we can try again. How are things going for you and your family? - Becky
DS - 2007
BFP March 19th 2014
becbaf
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby baruderu » Sat May 31, 2014 5:46 pm

Hi Becky,

Lovely to hear from you! The 3 month wait is so long, I remember it. :-( Just be proud of how well you're doing! It takes a lot of stamina to stick with the routine so well done to you!

We are doing fine over here. Unfortunately my milk supply is low so we've had to use a breast milk donor to supplement my supply but we are so lucky to have found a lovely lady to help us out. We tried formula for 2 weeks and it was HELL on Tom's stomach :-( Breast is best, as they say. Since then all has been going great. He weighed 12.6 pounds at 3 months and he feels like he's nearing 15 pounds now! My arms are so sore. You have all of this to look forward to :-) Thanks for the update and please do keep posting. I am praying for you girls every day.

I've attached a recent photo of Tom.

Barbara
Attachments
wendy.jpg
wendy.jpg (103.52 KiB) Viewed 3405 times
baruderu
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby baruderu » Sat May 31, 2014 5:48 pm

PS- Becky I didn't realise you already have a son! My apologies for telling you what you have to look forward to since you already know! Oops
baruderu
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby becbaf » Sat May 31, 2014 11:52 pm

Wow he is a cutie!!! That's fantastic that you found a milk donor, I would never have thought of that but it just makes perfect sense. I'm glad to hear that you're doing well and no need to apologise, it's been so long since my son was a baby I have forgotten everything anyway. Keep us updated too and hopefully we'll hear from the others soon :)
DS - 2007
BFP March 19th 2014
becbaf
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby mountainbaby » Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:57 am

Hi All

Just checking in again. Sorry I've not posted here for a while, but things have been tough since the miscarriage. I am back having my acupuncture and my chinese doctor is getting me to drink herbs twice a day and wants me to contact her straight away when I get pregnant again. She believes it will be this year and has already had loads of pregnancies this year - both natural and using acupuncture to support IVF. I have to believe because after over a year TTC I got my BFP first month of acupuncture, maybe next time it will help my baby to stick.

Barbara, Tom looks so adorable.

Becky, I am sorry you lost your baby also. It is tough, how are you doing? I was not told to wait three months, the midwife at the EPAC said I could start straight away. My chinese doctor wanted me to wait two months so is happy for us to try this month.

Sept, how are you doing. I did take some of the little black pearl tablets. It was 6 twice a day but a different formula. She has now moved me onto drinking herbs and says it is better. I also understand what you say about the experience of losing a baby feels like it happened to someone else. It feels so unreal sometimes - the pregnancy and the miscarriage even though it was so recent. I have kept the original positive hpt and my scan picture, that was taken just the day before it happened.
TTC since Oct 12

BFP - Feb 2014, Natural MC 18 March, 8 weeks, 4 days.

BFP - June 2014
US - 18.7.14 - baby measuring 8+1. Strong, clear heartbeat.

mountainbaby
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby becbaf » Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:13 pm

Mountianbaby I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. Words seem empty when I know that you must be hurting so badly. It is great to hear how positive you are though and I'm sure it's your year too. I threw away my positive HPT after seeing it was positive but I have a photo of it on my phone. I think it's understandable that we want to keep things like that. I also bought a charm for my pandora bracelet to represent my baby.

I have to wait three months because I had surgery. The doctors at the hospital said I could try after 6 weeks but my Chinese doctor said 3-6 months. I can't wait 6 months and because I have lost a tube I imagine it will take a few months anyway.

I'm sure you're enjoying the herbs! Ha ha! The lengths we go.

Take care and stay in touch :)
DS - 2007
BFP March 19th 2014
becbaf
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby baruderu » Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:22 pm

Hi mountainbaby,

I agree with Becky, you have a wonderfully positive attitude in the face of such heartache. That positivity will be rewarded, I'm sure of it. All the best on your continued journey, it's sounds like you're doing incredibly well on the treatment. Thanks for the kind words about Tom, he's a little cutie pie, that's for sure!

All the best and please do keep posting. I can't wait for the day when both of your share your wonderful news. :-)
B
baruderu
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby becbaf » Sat Jun 28, 2014 3:59 pm

Hi Ladies,
Well... we weren't meant to be trying this month but we didn't prevent very well either and BAM! BFP this morning. I'm very excited and nervous but I had good lines on the test so I will remain hopeful. Hoping for a strong sticky bean :D
DS - 2007
BFP March 19th 2014
becbaf
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby mountainbaby » Tue Jul 01, 2014 4:56 am

:congrats: Becky.

We are not far apart, I got my :bfp: exactly a week before you.

I am still having acupuncture, and maybe drinking those herbs were worth it.

Hope it is a sticky bean for us both.
TTC since Oct 12

BFP - Feb 2014, Natural MC 18 March, 8 weeks, 4 days.

BFP - June 2014
US - 18.7.14 - baby measuring 8+1. Strong, clear heartbeat.

mountainbaby
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby becbaf » Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:16 am

:yay: Congratulations to you too Mountainbaby! I really hope that we have sticky wee beans and it's exciting that our dates are so close. My acupuncturist is away but will be back next week so I will continue whenever she is in town. Wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months :sticky: :D
DS - 2007
BFP March 19th 2014
becbaf
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

PreviousNext

Return to TTC Naturally