TCM and acupuncture

This board is for anyone who wants to discuss TTC naturally with herbal supplements, etc.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: TCM and acupuncture

Postby maimee79 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:15 am

Normal lp about 13, 14 days. My cycle is pretty text book.
I've got everything crossed for you too!! Praying it's our month!!
maimee79
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby baruderu » Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:36 pm

My fingers are crossed for you ladies!!! :-)
My son was born in Feb 2014
baruderu
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby maimee79 » Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:41 pm

Velvet, how are you doing? I tested this am, but bfn. I woke up 4 times to pee in the middle of the night though, so it was pretty diluted by the time I actually got up. plus, it's only 10 dpo, so it's still early.
maimee79
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby velvetShimmer » Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:14 pm

Hi Maimee!
I'm doing alright. I had a rough week last week, emotionally... My cousin got her bfp (after only 4 months TTC - and really 2 of those were wash-outs because her DH got sick right at O day and there was really no chance, and this month they were like 4 days pre-O that they DTD, but sure enough - bfp!) and although she knows about my TTC journey because we share all that, she has not really mentioned at all that she knows that it must be hard for me to hear about her being pg. She didn't even ask if I was alright... It took it's toll, and I had a rough few days. Andrea (acupuncturist) is always so good at listening and talking about what is bothering me. Although I left there with a worse migraine than I went in with (something she's learned from and will treat me differently the next time) I did feel better getting it all off my chest. She helped me realize that I just need to relax and not focus/stress about every little thing so much. Just have to let it happen a bit more. So - I spent the weekend not thinking about TTC. I worked on a project for my DH's 5th anniversary gift, spent some time visiting with my parents and really just took the time to step back. I feel so much better this week. I really seem to not feel quite the pressure and stress. Not that I don't still think about TTC, but I'm feeling much more like "just give it time - it will happen".

I am 8 dpo today. I plan on testing on Friday because it's our anniversary and we'll be on a road trip mini-vacation and there may be a few drinks so I will want to know if I'm alright to partake. That will be 11 dpo, and my normal LP is 10-11, so I assume I should see something if there's anything to see - and if not, I'll likely start to spot by that afternoon, so won't need to waste another test on Sat when we're away at a friend's place.

Sorry about your bfn :( You are still pretty early, and being up so much at night makes me wonder if that's a normal amount of peeing for you, or if that's an early sign to keep an eye on ;) I'll be eagerly awaiting future peesticks! Sounds like when I test will be close to when your af would be due! Here's hoping we both get our bfps!
Me: 35 - no known issues; LP on the short side (10-11d); HSG in June showed good spilling and no problems. Blood work showed progesterone levels borderline low; slightly high TSH so started Synthroid in Aug '13.
DH: 49 - SA results show slightly low count, and TZI of 1.61

Pepi & Kamper - our two feline fur babies

dairy-free, soy-free, gluten-free, yolk-free & tomato-free.

Next RE apt Sept 2015

Jan 2014 - CP

Acupuncture started during July 2014 cycle. FX!

My Ovulation Chart
velvetShimmer
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby maimee79 » Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:00 pm

I am sorry to hear you had such a bad week last week :( With my first baby, my husband and I got pg on the first try. At the time, I had a friend who was going through IVF, who had wanted a baby more than anything. I remember just not knowing what to say... I wanted to say the perfect thing but I just couldn't find the right words. Honestly, I don't think they exist. Ironically, she is now PG with her second, naturally and I am... here. From experience on both sides, it's just a rotten situation. And although I "knew" what she was going through, I could never understand until it was happening to me. Just focus on you, and take care of yourself.
But enough of THAT- this is going to be our month. The other ladies I was waiting with both got their BFP. So hopefully we will continue the trend!!!
Congrats on your anniversary! I hope you have a GREAT weekend, and have fun.
maimee79
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby maimee79 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:56 am

Well, I think I'm out. Two temp drops, this morning down to my cover line :(
I'm hoping you have better luck than me, fingers crossed for you!!!! Enjoy your weekend, it sounds wonderful!
maimee79
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby velvetShimmer » Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:58 pm

Hi Maimee,

Sorry! I typed out a whole response earlier then accidentally closed my browser without hitting submit :doh:

Sorry that it looks like AF is on her way :( Looks like we'll both have the same CD1 though - AF is practically here now... between spotting and light flow, and no doubt that's what it is, so I'm totally out...
Sucks because that's a 9 day LP for me this month! :(

Anyway - I'm just going to take it easy this weekend and enjoy some time with friends and then this month will hopefully be the one that works... Trying to take it less stressy these days...

Oh, and I didn't get a chance to respond to your comments about your experiences being on both sides of things that I'm going through. Don't get me wrong - I totally understand how difficult it must be to know what to say to me, and how to broach the topic from my cousin's perspective... I guess I just think that with her being in the positive side of things, it would be on her to maybe make a little effort to mention that she knows it must be tough - that's all I'm looking for really...
We went for a walk yesterday and she got a little preachy at me like she must now be some expert at getting pg because she did and I'm still TTC. That's what bothers me. I'm not going to let it bother me much though. I've pretty much let it go already, but I just don't need the preachiness about how she must now know everything there is to know about getting pg and somehow I now need her advice on everything... I love her, and we'll get past it, and I'm truly happy for her - just could use a little step from her to show that she is at least a little understanding of how I must feel...

Have to run - off for a 5 day weekend! (yippie!!) Too bad AF decided that she wanted to join me on my vacation, but hopefully she'll be short lived and we can just move on with next cycle.
Hope yours turns out just to be a temp dip and she doesn't show for you!
Me: 35 - no known issues; LP on the short side (10-11d); HSG in June showed good spilling and no problems. Blood work showed progesterone levels borderline low; slightly high TSH so started Synthroid in Aug '13.

Next RE apt Sept 2015

Jan 2014 - CP

My Ovulation Chart
velvetShimmer
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby maimee79 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:24 pm

Ugh, yeah the preachy would drive me nuts. Lol, women who get pregnant with out trying have NO IDEA how much goes into getting pregnant, lol. NONE!!!
I just think on how much time I spent trying not to get pg when I was young... What a wasted effort.

Anyway, I'm on vacation next week as well, so let's get our af out the way (man I hate her) and we can be buddies next cycle as well.

Catch up next week, have fun!!
maimee79
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby SEPT2014 » Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:33 pm

Hi ladies I am back at acupuncture now and it was great. I am also drinking the bitter herb tea that u boil up. They want me to drink it when I get my acupuncture. My left ovary is tender and sore today and I am somewhere in a long cycle due to stress I thought this might happen this cycle. I go again for acupuncture on Thursday. Since my appt a few days ago I really feel the blood pumping up my legs to the nether regions hoping that is a good sign. We are on a break for a few months as dh had surgery and I was on a 2month break previous to that for miscarriage investigation. How you all going ladies.
Me: 38, DH: 42 - TTC No. 1 since Oct 2013
My Ovulation Chart

MC twin A 12.01.2014 @ 6w6d
Emergency Lap on 16.01.2014 @ 7w3d Twin B (ectopic) & ruptured right tube, left tube ok

May 2014 - CP/MC 5w+3, numerous chemicals since

Metformin (PCOS), bromocriptine(elevated prolactin)
April 2015 HSG - normal uterus and left tube fine
Nov 2015 - investigative hystero & D&C - normal
March 2016 - Start IVF+PGS - our last hope :omg: :love:
Day 9 : 11 measurable follies - egg retrieval March 2016 :omg:
8 eggs selected for fert by icsi - 8 x fert.
Day 5: 5 embryos for PGS biopsy & freeze.
PGS (ngs)results: 2 x normal & 3 x abnormal
FET June 2016 1 x PGS normal blast transferred :omg:
Trust your gut instincts.
Bfp July 2016 - please stay around little one :hb:
SEPT2014
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby becbaf » Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:00 pm

Hi Sept, it's great to see you on here. How are you coping with the tea? I would always breathe through my nose when I took it and pop in a sour lolly/candy to try to get rid of the taste. Good luck to all the ladies on here I hope everything goes well :)
DH & I have been TTC #2 since March 2013
DS - 2007
TCM - seems to have balanced my hormones :)
BFP March 19th 2014
Ectopic pregnancy discovered at 6 wks - April 2014 (lost right tube)[/url<aImageImage
becbaf
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby baruderu » Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:54 pm

becbaf congratulations on reaching 13 weeks!!! :-) So happy for you!!
My son was born in Feb 2014
baruderu
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby maimee79 » Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:13 pm

Hey velvet, how are you?
maimee79
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby velvetShimmer » Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:42 am

Hi Maimee & everyone :)

Sorry, I have only been popping in sporadically and kept forgetting to pop by this post and say hi! Ii am currently 4 dpo, and have my typical post-O migraine. I've been seeing my acupuncturist a lot, and she says my chi is really increasing. It's great to hear some feedback, because really all I know is that I feel decent, and am hopeful that it's doing something good! We shall see, I guess!

How about you? Where in your cycle are you? and how are you feeling?

Be back again soon, hopefully to show you a bfp (a little less than a week till test day for me!) and see yours too!
Take care :)

Next RE apt Sept 2015

Jan 2014 - CP

My Ovulation Chart
velvetShimmer
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby maimee79 » Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:18 am

Hey velvet! Glad to hear from you! I do have some news, I got a bfp this morning. I want to be excited, but truthfully, I'm very nervous. I don't know if I can handle a third miscarriage. Just trying to stay positive. Hope to hear from you soon, with some good news!!
maimee79
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby velvetShimmer » Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:09 am

Oh, congratulations Maimee!!! That's great news! I'm sure that the actupuncturist can help you do treatments to help prevent another miscarriage! I will keep you in my thoughts for sure!
Sorry I missed your message - we were on vacation, and I was in the woods away from any cell coverage. No bfp for me this cycle. AF arrived Tuesday morning - on my birthday, no less :(
Just getting geared up for this cycle. I started a whole slew of TCM herbal supplements. DH is on some too. Here's hoping it only takes the 1 month, because we can't afford more than that! They're not cheap!
Must run - just back from vacation, and have tons of work to catch up on.

Congratulations again & all the sticky baby dust to you!!

Next RE apt Sept 2015

Jan 2014 - CP

My Ovulation Chart
velvetShimmer
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

PreviousNext

Return to TTC Naturally