TCM and acupuncture

This board is for anyone who wants to discuss TTC naturally with herbal supplements, etc.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: TCM and acupuncture

Postby becbaf » Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:41 pm

Congratulations Melissa! What fantastic news and the best Christmas present ever. Keep us posted :)
DH & I have been TTC #2 since March 2013
DS - 2007
TCM - seems to have balanced my hormones :)
BFP March 19th 2014
Ectopic pregnancy discovered at 6 wks - April 2014 (lost right tube)[/url<aImageImage
becbaf
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby maburaker » Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:00 pm

Thank you ladies!!! I'm still in shock and can't believe it!!!!!!!!!!! I stopped taking the tea because my practitioner isn't here and there isn't one available in this small town =[ but I've been taking ample vitamins and what not to try and make up for it. I wish I had my practitioner there though, last night I thought it was AF cramps and I cried in fear that I was going to have another painful period. But I was wrong! They weren't strong cramps but I did not want to feel them at all. I was having a confusing week since I had 9 straight days of positive OPKs!!
But yes, its a wonderful Christmas present!!!!!!!!!!!! and my birthday is next Friday..haha so its also the best birthday present ever. I get to celebrate a life being made on my birthday!!! I'm so happy and feeling so blessed. Thank you soo much ladies for being here and being so supportive. I really appreciate it and it has made it a lot easier. Thank you!! <3
maburaker

Postby baruderu » Sun Dec 22, 2013 5:54 pm

How's it going Melissa? :-)
My son was born in Feb 2014
baruderu
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby genngen » Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:17 am

I'm in Toronto - may I ask what is the name of your TCM ? I have unexplained infertility with DOR.

It would be greatly appreciated.
genngen

Postby baruderu » Tue Dec 31, 2013 7:12 pm

Absolutely. I started working with Dr Linda Xu but then switched to her husband Dr David Bai due to location. (They work at different locations and I found David's to be more convenient).

Here is the website:

http://www.totalwellnesscentre.ca/

All the best to you!
baruderu
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby maburaker » Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:49 pm

I'm struggling a bit with morning sickness but still alive! haha..about 8 weeks now! We'll get to see our sticky bean in just two weeks!
How are you doing?! You're due date is coming up!!! Are you excited?? =D
maburaker

Postby baruderu » Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:49 am

So pleased for you! Ginger chews will become your best friend for the next couple of months, along with toast and/or crackers. :-) I don't miss the nausea! :-)

Yeah I am nearly there. Hurrah! Little Tom is doing very well, thank you. He's measuring nice and big and has a lovely heartbeat. My BP is doing fantastically as well, which I attribute mainly to Hypnobirthing practive. My hypnobirthing home birth is completely on track now that I've tested negative for Group B Strep. There are so many things that I wasn't aware of as the due date approaches: antibiotics that they want to rub into your baby's eyes at birth even if you don't have chlamydia or gonorrhea (um, no thanks!), Vitamin K shot at birth (um, oral drops for my baby, thanks), Group Strep B prevention (otherwise you are strongly recommended to have an IV inserted at hospital to pump you full of antibiotics during birth, shot of Oxycontin in mama's thigh right after birth if it's a home birth to prevent hemorraghing, regardless of whether or not you need it (um, no thanks). I wonder how many women feel pressured into accepting harmful and/or unnecessary medical interventions? Sorry I'm ranting, but it's so important for me to make informed decisions on what I think is best for me and Tom. Not just accepting at face value what the "norm" is. Sheesh!

I'll keep an eye on your progress, along with all fingers and toes crossed that your little baba continues to grow strongly. All the best to you.
baruderu
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby maburaker » Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:10 am

I'll have to find those. The morning sickness is starting to ease off but I'm still underweight =[ I've gone down to 90 lbs! I really hope that I can gain weight soon...I feel horrible being so light.
And I don't mind the rant at all! I watched a documentary a year ago called the Business of Being Born and it talks about all of the drugs that are being put in our bodies, how women are pressured into C-sections, and what the difference is like with an at home birth. If our insurance would cover it I would like to have done an at home birth but we have to unfortunately go to the hospital. But I heard that our doctor is a closet midwife so I'm excited about that. A lot of women are pressured into it because they don't know any better and trust a doctors opinion. They don't do extensive research and just go along with the ride. The documentary opened my eyes and I couldn't believe they put all of that in your body!
It looks like you're about a week away from meeting baby Tom! I'm so excited for you! Let us know how it goes!
Our first appointment is next week Wednesday. I'm a little nervous about it but I hope nothing is wrong and we'll get to see our baby. I'll update you guys after the appointment!
maburaker

Postby baruderu » Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:37 pm

Wow! 90 pounds?! You must be tiny :-0 I am 190 pounds right now, and I started at 169 (I am quite tall and muscular so it sounds worse than it is!) I'm sure you'll start gaining weight once the nausea goes away. I gained 5 pounds in the entire first trimester, and most of the rest in the second trimester. I plateaued a few weeks ago and gain or lose a pound each week now.
So glad to hear you aren't a sheep and will make informed decisions on the birth of your child. It's just so important. :-)
Good luck at the first appointment! It makes it all so real!!
baruderu
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby mountainbaby » Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:44 am

Hi All

I have just read these posts and the other thread about TCM. I am now 40 and have been TTC for over a year with no success and my tests are normal apart from a fibroid. I started seeing a TCM practitioner last week and she is doing acupuncture and giving me chinese herbs (but in tablet form not tea). She believes that the acupuncture could not only help me conceive but also get rid of my fibroid. Your stories inspire me and am really hoping this works for me.
TTC since Oct 12

BFP - Feb 2014, Natural MC 18 March, 8 weeks, 4 days.

BFP - June 2014
US - 18.7.14 - baby measuring 8+1. Strong, clear heartbeat.

mountainbaby
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby baruderu » Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:40 pm

Hi Mountainbaby,

Lovely to hear from you. I'm so glad you are trying TCM, and I really hope it works for you! There's no reason why it shouldn't, it's wonderful stuff. :-) I'm 40 as well and 5 days past my due date right now and it's been a pretty decent pregnancy. I attribute that mainly to TCM and a change in diet in the months leading up to conceiving. All the best to you, and keep us posted!

:D
Barbara
baruderu
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby maburaker » Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:16 pm

Hi Mountainbaby =]
I hope it works for you as well. I believe it has done wonders for me!! I believe that it helped me get pregnant and I've noticed that I'm a lot healthier since then. I usually get a cold or two without fail each winter but I haven't gotten sick yet! And we live in extremely harsh conditions. My periods changed, they went from horribly painful and dark brown with clots to bright red, less pain, and clot free! My OB believes I may have endometriosis and I think the TCM may have helped with that. But please keep us updated. Lots of baby dust and positive vibes being sent your way!

Barbara,
the appointment was just wonderful!! our little sticky bean was moving and kicking when we saw him/her. And the baby is measuring a week and a half bigger than we anticipated! It was such a beautiful experience. The baby appears to be healthy and we'll be going to our 15-16 week appointment soon to hear the heart beat. I can't believe I'm already in my 2nd trimester!
How are you doing and baby Tom?? =] I hope all is well and you're enjoying time with your bundle of joy! Take care
maburaker

Postby baruderu » Sat Feb 15, 2014 2:38 pm

Hi Melissa

Our baby Tom is one week old today. It's been quite the rollercoaster ride but he is a wonderful and healthy little boy. Unfortunately my plans for a natural birth went out the window after labouring for a day and a half naturally. His head just would not descend enough into the birth canal so I had an emergency c-section- the worst possible thing I could have imagined. I'm trying to recover both physically and emotionally but it's been tough.
I am SO PLEASED you got to see your little baby during the scan!! What a fantastic experience. Sounds like you are doing just great. I am very happy for you!!! Please keep me informed of your progress. :-) Congrats again!
Barbara
baruderu
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby mountainbaby » Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:52 am

Hi Barbara

Congratulations on baby Tom, I am sure he is keeping you busy.

I wanted to let you ladies know that after a year and a half of trying, I got my BFP on my first cycle with acupuncture. DH still doesn't believe in it and believes it is just a fluke. It seems too much of a conincidence to me.

Did you ladies continue acupuncture during your pregnancy.
TTC since Oct 12

BFP - Feb 2014, Natural MC 18 March, 8 weeks, 4 days.

BFP - June 2014
US - 18.7.14 - baby measuring 8+1. Strong, clear heartbeat.

mountainbaby
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby maddy » Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:29 am

Congrats mountainbaby!
maddy

PreviousNext

Return to TTC Naturally