TCM and acupuncture

This board is for anyone who wants to discuss TTC naturally with herbal supplements, etc.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: TCM and acupuncture

Postby velvetShimmer » Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:11 pm

Thanks ladies for the warm welcome! I look forward to sharing our success stories :-)
I'm off to bed right now, with a busy day ahead. I'll pop back in with the latest from my appointments soon!
Have any of you had fire cupping done along with your acupuncture? I am, and other than the big purple polka dots it's left on my back, it's been great. Feels interesting for sure. Like a massage, only pulling instead of pushing on the muscles. Supposed to increase the blood circulation and energy in the areas they target. Here's hoping it does the trick! ;-)
Me: 35 - no known issues; LP on the short side (10-11d); HSG in June showed good spilling and no problems. Blood work showed progesterone levels borderline low; slightly high TSH so started Synthroid in Aug '13.
DH: 49 - SA results show slightly low count, and TZI of 1.61

Pepi & Kamper - our two feline fur babies

dairy-free, soy-free, gluten-free, yolk-free & tomato-free.

Next RE apt Sept 2015

Jan 2014 - CP

Acupuncture started during July 2014 cycle. FX!

My Ovulation Chart
velvetShimmer
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby velvetShimmer » Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:47 am

Hi All,

Just thought I'd drop in and say hi :) I started my Dang Gui supplements last night - they didn't have any capsules and my acupuncturist was really keen on getting me going on this, so I am stuck with the liquid form for now (or as long as I can tolerate it). It's pretty nasty - a combination of a strong peaty (almost whiskey like) smell/aftertaste but still sweet at the same time. I basically hold my breath and down the tbsp then drink a giant glass of water - then another glass of water, because it's the aftertaste that gets me!

Otherwise, I'm on 8dpo, so a few more days to testing. No real symptoms, but I am on a progesterone suppository supplement post-O so that can mimic symptoms also. I am extremely tired, but that could easily be the progesterone.

Hope you are well & I'll check back in again with any new developments with my acupuncture/TCM. It was pretty amazing last night at my apt. I had accidentally gotten into gluten at a lunch meeting and I warned my acupuncturist at the start of my apt that she would likely see something out of balance because of it. Sure enough a few of my needles hurt/pinched a bit, which is strange because I never feel any pinching when she inserts the needles. She said that it was obvious that I had some inflammation, and that my stomach was obviously irritated. I find it amazing that these professionals can be so in tune with my body that they can tell. I mean I told her that I had gotten into something my body didn't like, but I'm sure she wasn't purposely trying to make the needles hurt in order to prove that it was affected ;)

Anyone else having any interesting experiences? Maimee - how are your treatments going?
Me: 35 - no known issues; LP on the short side (10-11d); HSG in June showed good spilling and no problems. Blood work showed progesterone levels borderline low; slightly high TSH so started Synthroid in Aug '13.

Next RE apt Sept 2015

Jan 2014 - CP

My Ovulation Chart
velvetShimmer
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby maimee79 » Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:35 am

I have had two so far, and the woman I'm going to is great. She's so warm and I feel that she really cares about treating me, which is a nice change.
I'm still waiting for my first period after my miscarriage on July fourth. She thinks it will come by the end of the week, and I agree, all the symptoms are there. I have another appt next Friday, I'm hoping af has come and at least mostly gone by then, so we can get down to business, lol.
She hasn't mentioned anything about herbs.I don't know if that's because the focus is getting through this period first, or if she's not going to put me on them.
I'm excited to getting back to ttc. I'm also excited for you! I'm really hoping you get your bfp very soon!!
maimee79
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby velvetShimmer » Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:52 am

Thanks Maimee :) I hope af shows and is gone quickly so you can get on with business! Do you know how she will treat you? Like, what your schedule will be like? I have read some people just go weekly, some only monthly, but some like me are there every day during the fertile week.
If I haven't already mentioned - I'm so sorry for your loss and what you're going through... I do hope that your acupuncturist helps you with the grief and gets you back on track quickly!

As for the herbs - my acupuncturist said that her success rate is 3 x higher when you combine the treatments with the herbs, but for me the actual fertility herbs were more than my body needed, so I'm just on the Dang Gui as a general tonic/cleansing and to balance my system. I've heard great things about it - even though it tastes dreadful ;)

All the best!

Next RE apt Sept 2015

Jan 2014 - CP

My Ovulation Chart
velvetShimmer
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby maimee79 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:07 pm

Ok, well that B af is finally gone. Going for the third treatment tomorrow, and get back on the baby making plan. Fingers, toes, arms, knees crossed...
maimee79
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby velvetShimmer » Sat Aug 09, 2014 3:14 am

Oh, I'm glad to hear that af has finally shoved off and you're able to get started on your treatments got ttc :-)
I've been going 2 x a week, and loving it. Af arrived for me after stopping the progesterone supplements I've been on post o. So far she's not been too bad but I'm ready to move on and get going with this cycle... next week I see my acupuncturist 4 x because I should be leading up to o day (the progesterone messes with my cycle timing a bit and makes me o 'early', but it's less that I o early, and more like cd1 is delayed from when it really is. I officially start counting the beginning off my cycle as the day I start spotting while on the progesterone, not the day I start really bleeding. I've found it makes for a more accurate of day timeframe.
Anyway, wishing you the best with your treatments! What is your schedule like? Once a week, or more often? Will you be taking any herbs or tcm? I've been on dan gui for a few weeks now, and although the taste was horrible to start, I've gotten used to it and hardly notice it now.
Good luck, and keep me posted about how things go for you! I hope the acupuncture does the trick for both of us. I've heard the success timeframe is usually 3-6 months...so here's for bfps for both of us in 2014!

Next RE apt Sept 2015

Jan 2014 - CP

My Ovulation Chart
velvetShimmer
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby maimee79 » Sun Aug 10, 2014 6:39 am

Had one treatment after af, I go back next Tuesday, hopefully right before I ovulate. I'm going once a week, no herbs. My last treatment, I fell asleep for two hours, lol. I haven't asked about the herbs, I'm giving it a month or two her way before I start asking questions. I think mentally I just need a break from worrying about it so much. I really hope your right about 2014 bfp for us, I'm crossing every body part possible!!
maimee79
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby maimee79 » Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:27 pm

Ok, I'm officially starting the tww... really hoping it's my month.
maimee79
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby velvetShimmer » Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:42 am

FX for you maimee! Did you get lots of BD in during your window?

I had a great acupuncture apt last night. It was intense and she put in more needles than she has yet done at my earlier apts. She also did the fire cupping (which she does at most of my apts) but this time left a few on for quite a while. She said that it's obvious that my blood is flowing better now because the cups aren't leaving much of a mark any more... initially they were leaving what looked like giant circular hickeys all over my back! lol

O is being elusive to me this cycle. I think it should be here within a few days, but I'm not sure. I feel like my CM is a few days pre-O, but CP has been high and soft for days... Not sure exactly what it means, but we're just getting in some BD around every 2nd day, and my acupuncturist apts yesterday, today, tomorrow and Monday... On Tuesday, if I still have any fertile CM I'll go back again. Like I said - intense!

Let me know how you do this TWW! Are you going back for more treatments during the TWW?

Next RE apt Sept 2015

Jan 2014 - CP

My Ovulation Chart
velvetShimmer
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby maimee79 » Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:27 pm

Well, I'm not so sure about the ovulating... I had positive opk and ewcm, but no temp spike today. We bd the pay three days. Going to try again tonight, lol. Not sure I'll be walking right tomorrow, but youth do what you gotta do.
That sounds super promising for you though, so fingers crossed for both of us!!!
maimee79
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby maimee79 » Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:48 am

So i think I ovulated a day later than I originally thought, but we bd the three days prior to o, so here's hoping. Going to another appointment tonight, hoping now she can do something to encourage healthy implantation.
How are things with you velvet?
maimee79
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby velvetShimmer » Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:20 am

Any more word on your O-day, maimee?

I am right at O-time. Either today or tomorrow. In the peak of my acupuncture sessions. I went last Thurs, Fri, Sat, and yesterday. I'm back again today and tomorrow. Admittedly I was getting anxious over when I would O, since I'm supposed to see her 'during ovulation', which in her terminology really means 'fertile week' from what I gather. We booked in my concentrated set of apts like 2 weeks ago, and I felt like I had totally missed the mark on when I'd O - made me stress about when I was seeing her and if was the 'right time'... I'm sure that over-thinking made O delay even more :doh: lol
My apt last night was good though - I confessed that I've been anxious about when I was going to O, and how it will affect my apts - we both laughed at how silly it was... she knows that it's such a hard thing to predict - especially a week or so out. She is totally good with treating me as I need, not based on some schedule.
She's amazing and so in tune with my body! She did my pulses and something was off with one of them - felt different than it had previously... she asked if I was grieving anything. I'm not - or at least that I'm aware of, but then she asked if I had anxiety and it all came out... So amazing.

So, entering the TWW soon, and hoping for the best!

Next RE apt Sept 2015

Jan 2014 - CP

My Ovulation Chart
velvetShimmer
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby velvetShimmer » Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:21 am

funny - we both came to post at the same time!

Next RE apt Sept 2015

Jan 2014 - CP

My Ovulation Chart
velvetShimmer
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby maimee79 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:45 am

Lol, great minds...
I had an right before o, then I had one lady night after o to robe and strengthen, so now all I can do is wait. Unfortunately, I'm very impatient, haha!
I'm optimistic this month, the timing of bd was good, not great, but not bad. Hoping I'm still a little more fertile, since last cycle was a miscarriage. I just know if af shows up, I'm going to be severely disappointed this month :(
maimee79
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby velvetShimmer » Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:11 am

KMFX for you Maimee!
Our timing was good this month too, as long as I've actually O'd :doh: It's still being a little confusing. Signs are pointing in all directions and temps are not helping much yet... We shall see.

Looks like we're both pretty close to each other in timing though - how long is your normal LP? When do you think you'll test?

Next RE apt Sept 2015

Jan 2014 - CP

My Ovulation Chart
velvetShimmer
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

PreviousNext

Return to TTC Naturally