Against my better judgement...soy

This board is for anyone who wants to discuss TTC naturally with herbal supplements, etc.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Against my better judgement...soy

Postby MakingChief » Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:16 pm

I preach against how nasty soy is all the time. I believe it is not really a good food at all. I am sensitive to it so I avoid it for that reason too. Last time I ate tofu (which I love sadly) I had chest pains.

I have been trying everything for several months before we started to TTC to fix my luteal phase. At first it was only about a week long. No way I was going to get a sticky baby that way. Vitex and B vitamins helped me O 1 stinkin day earlier and got my luteal phase about 1-2 days longer. Still a 10 day luteal phase is not the best and Oing on cd16 is supposedly not the best either because the egg is "over done".

I am on limited time because I had a tubal reversal and my tubes could close up because of a lot of scar tissue. Sooooo I decided I would try soy. So far I have had no side effects which amazes me because I am sensitive. I started out with a low dose and worked my way up to make sure if it bothered me it would not be too bad. So far so good. Tonight is my last night of taking it this cycle. I hear rumors you will ovulate about a week later, that would be GREAT.

I will try to think to come update :)
MakingChief
Friend

Re: Against my better judgement...soy

Postby MakingChief » Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:17 pm

Ohhh and because of my short luteal phase I am going to use progesterone cream starting a few dpo hoping that it will stretch things out just in case. Ugh!
MakingChief
Friend

Postby MakingChief » Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:44 pm

So I finished my course of soy last night. The doses I used were 75, 125, 175, 200, 200. They were 25mg capsules. I never had any symptoms that I can clearly blame on the soy. I had a couple times were I had a slight ache in my head behind my eyes but it passed. I actually felt really energetic while on the soy. Oddly like a lot of brain fog and down feeling I had lifted on the first 3 days. After the higher dose days I felt a little irritable but I am under a lot of stress. I may have had a hot flash but it is summer and we do not use air conditioning so I may have just been hot so again I can't say it was the soy ;) My temps have plummeted this week which is odd. That IS probably the soy. I read that might happen.

I am kind of concerned that a lack of symptoms means this did nothing for me. I am really hoping it did. The EVPO seems to be doing something or maybe the soy. Either way I don't feel like a dessert down below. I am praying for more cm especially when I O. Monday I will begin using OPKs each day.
MakingChief
Friend

Postby Heatherjesse » Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:48 am

Good luck!!! I just recovered from a reversal in May haven't had a period sincejune1st no positive test yet though good luck with the soy!!!!
Heatherjesse

Postby MakingChief » Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:39 pm

I hope you either get a BFP or AF shows up so you can try again :)
MakingChief
Friend

Postby MakingChief » Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:20 pm

CD10. I usually do not O until CD16ish. I am started testing with an OPK today just in case the soy does make me O early this cycle. The OPK was negative as expected, just the faintest shadow of a test line. Crossing my fingers I O a couple days early this month.

On a rather unhappy note I thought the EPO was helping with my cm and dryness issue. Since yesterday I have been like the Sahara again. Had to use come coconut oil (I have it next to the bed because I use it on my face at night) to BD this morning. I have a sample of preseed I am saving to use around O time. I may not have had enough water this weekend which might be a problem. I am going to double check my EPO dose, up my water and if it dose not help in the next couple days I might go for the robitussin. I am putting a lot of effort into this this month!
MakingChief
Friend

Postby MakingChief » Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:25 pm

Well poo. I just read you need to do the robitussin thing 5 days before O so I would need to start ASAP....
MakingChief
Friend

Postby MakingChief » Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:34 pm

CD12 today. Still - on OPKs which I expect. I usually O on CD16, I am really hoping to O a couple days sooner though. Crossing my fingers. I guess I am kind of disappointed because I have not seen the line get any darker each day on the OPKs and if I was going to O in the next couple days I would think the line would progress a little. There is the faintest of lines and that is all. Boooooo!

I bought Mucinex knock off at Dollar Tree today. It is the right stuff. I took one tablet early this afternoon but it made me feel really funny. I am pretty sensitive to chemical medications so I think the dose is too high. I am going to try half a tablet tonight and see if I can handle that ok. I actually think it worked though so I want to continue. The only thing that bothers me is when I looked up the side effects I was experiencing I found out a bunch of fools use large dosages of Mucinex to get high. It seems like if people can get high on it, it is probably not the best thing to put in your body when TTC. I will give it another try and if I have side effects it will not be used again. I want a HEALTHY bfp!
MakingChief
Friend

Postby MakingChief » Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:13 am

I am not sure if anyone is reading this but I thought I would keep it as a little journal in case anyone else is looking for info.

So today is CD13 and I got what appears to be a positive OPK! My temp rose a little this morning. It is not in my post O range yet but it is headed there. I am so freaking excited! If I O on cd13 or cd14 tomorrow I will hopefully end up with a 12 day luteal phase instead of 10 and maybe something will stick!

The second half dose of mucinex had no bad side effects. I took another half dose this morning. I think I will take one more half dose tonight and call it quits on it. I am just not sure how I feel about taking it. It worked....ohhhhhh boy did it ever work. Back in my 20s I had no shortage of cervical fluids, I felt like I was in my 20s again last night and this morning if you know what I mean. No lube needed for BD last night. I am going to use preseed tonight though. I want to make sure the swimmers have a nice smooth road.

So we will BD for the next couple days. I will watch my temps and start pineapple core (picked one up this morning before I even got the +Opk). Once I am sure I Oed I will start progesterone cream since I think that is another issue I have. I will record my two week wait here. Like I said I want to have a record for anyone thinking of trying this no matter if I get a bfp or not.
MakingChief
Friend

Postby baruderu » Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:24 pm

I am reading it, and keeping my fingers crossed for you! I'm not much help on the soy issue I'm afraid. I don't think highly of it either, but as for it's effect on fertility I'm afraid I don't know! Anyways please keep us posted. I'm sure there are a few ladies following your journey :-)
My son was born in Feb 2014
baruderu
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Terra14 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:02 pm

Hi, I am reading, just started am I'm very interested as to what happens for you! Fxed for u and lots of baby dust. I'm a new member, and this is our first month TTC #1 for me #2 for DH. What is the soy regimen and can u tell me a bit about it? I've seen it mentioned on other threads but I don't know what exactly it is. And this is second time I've seen something about pineapple core. I'm very interested to know what that's about that if you would let me know. Thanks and keep me updated!!
Terra14
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby MakingChief » Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:55 pm

Well soy did not work for me. I got a great STRONG positive OPK. My O day moved up by a day which was awesome. We timed everything perfect. I had EWCM for the first time in ages and I used some preseed to help too. I started progesterone 2dpo to help with my luteal phase problems. I thought for sure we caught the egg. Nope, no luck. My cycle did stretch out to a nice normal 28 days this month.

I have enough soy pills left to take 150mg each day for days so I am going to try it again. I am going to use it cd 1- this time around. Although I take it around midnight so technically it is cd 2-6 but whatever, I still consider it the same day because I have not gone to bed yet ;)

Supposedly using it cd 1-5 boosts your chance of multiple ovulation. I do not particularly want twins BUT would not mind it either since this is probably a one shot deal for me. The thing I figure is if I had more than one egg I have twice the change to get a bfp. Tonight is night 3. I did feel some hot flashes this time around but nothing major. I did not really have many side effects last time so maybe this is a good sign that it is going to help me this time.

If this does not do anything for me this month I will not use it again. I do not trust soy long term.
MakingChief
Friend

Postby MRC1013 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:57 pm

Making Chief,

I liked your progesterone post. Will you continue with that this month. I have never tried it personally, but my aunt, a naturopath, SWEARS by it. It may take a month or two for your body to get used to the added hormones, but I have complete faith in progesterone (as long as it is a reputable brand- I have heard great things about progestapurex).

I am with you, soy sucks. Are you taking organic soy, at least? Also, remember, whether you're taking soy or progesterone, to continue with it when you get your BFP :)

Good Luck!!
MRC1013
Friend

Return to TTC Naturally