To share or not to share?

Is in vitro fertilization helping you achieve your dream of parenthood? Discuss IVF, FET, donor egg and surrogacy here!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Did you or will you share your IVF stories openly?

Yes
65%
No
35%

Total votes : 23

Postby inlovewithjhk » Sat Dec 25, 2010 1:14 am

I am very willing to share, my DH is intensly private. I think because we have MFI it makes it that much worse for him. My parents know everything, ever detail and so does my brother. My mom even went in with me for my transfer! My sister in law also did Ivf so she knows every detail. My DH's family was told after we got our BFP and they still don't really get it. They asked me recently if we would have to "do all that stuff" to get pregnant again and when I said that I've been trying naturally since my daughter was born 1.5 years ago and that way doesn't work for us they said "tmi". :roll: I have 5 or so close friends that know and a my DH wasn't very happy about them knowing.
Me- 27- Tests show everything works perfectly!
DH- 36- SA results = 80 million, 30% motility (3% forward progressive), <1% strict morphology- Diagnosis= severe male factor infertility

IVF #1, 11/09- BFP! Its a girl! Born 8/18/09

Tried naturally for 1.5 years after my DD was born... guess things still don't work right!

FET #1, 01/11- BFP! :angel: at 6w

IVF #2- 5/11- 11 eggs retrieved, 9 fert! Hoping for a day 5 transfer.... grow babies grow!!
5/31/11- BPF!! on FRER!
Baby girl #2 due 2/10/12 :)
inlovewithjhk
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby TTCinMD » Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:19 am

I think it is a personal decision for each person whether you tell or not. Even if you do not tell until after the first trimester, you can still talk about your IVF struggles then.

I like keeping things quite until after the first trimester. I had a loss at 10 weeks almost 3 years ago, and DP had told EVERYONE we knew. It was very hard to have that many people know, and have to tell that many people something had happened. Then I got pity looks from people for a while, and that was hard too.

This time, DP has told a lot of people again, and I am not too happy about it. I have told precisely 2 close friends, and that is it.

I do talk about infertility and what we have gone through to everyone who will listen. I think a lot of people are ashamed, or do not realize how common it is.
TTCinMD
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Previous

Return to IVF