Feb/March IVF/ICSI/FET...Part 3...7 BFPs!!!!!

Is in vitro fertilization helping you achieve your dream of parenthood? Discuss IVF, FET, donor egg and surrogacy here!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Postby Cindalee72 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:58 pm

ravenaub wrote:Yay for dark lines, ladies! Can't wait to hear the results of your betas!!

Ritz - I think I will talk to my embies too! We can be crazy together! Hope you're feeling prego! :)

AFM - Last u/s and b/w before ER complete. I have 11 follies 13.7 - 20.6. DH said I have a lot more than that that my RE didn't measure. I guess that means these 11 are the "contenders".

He started on my right and measured the follies saying everything looked good. He moved the wand over to the left and the first words out of his mouth were, "You need to go on Monday." :shock: Uhh...okay. Then I looked that the screen and saw three HUMONGOUS black circles. So, ER has been moved up to Monday! I'm kind of freaking out. I don't handle change well. Especially when I feel like I have to be in control of things. :doh:

I have so much to do! Wanting to get some food made and frozen for the week so I can take it easy. Will check in later!

Thinking of you, Cindy!! Great lines, I'm sure your beta is PERFECT!!

Thanks for starting the new thread, Mommy!!!

OMG SO EXCITING...My advice to you is this: Please try to do the accupuncture I swear it is what made it work for me this time...YOu have to do it the day after transfer...Look into it.

KUP...I can't wait to see what happens...
Me: 38, DH: 41, DD: 13
BABY LIAM -My Son
ImageImage
Cindalee72
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby MommyToOne » Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:01 pm

Cindy - I see you figured out your ticker!!!! I decided to go ahead and do one too! I figure whatever is going to happen will happen regardless of what I do!
Me - 29 DH - 31 DS - 9 DS2/DD - Almost 2
2 m/c, 3 REs, 6 Failed IUIs, 6 years TTC
Sept 2010 IVF #1 - BFP - M/C Nov. 2010
3/3/11 - FET #1
3/14/11 - 578!!
3/16/11 - 1297!!
3/22/11 - 1st u/s!! TWINS!!!
3/29/11 - :hb: :hb:
5/10/11 - Its a BOY and a GIRL!
6/11/13- FET #2
6/21/13 - 397!!
6/24/13 - 892!!
6/26/13 - 1911!
7/1/13 - First u/s! TWINS AGAIN!
7/9/13 - :hb: :hb:
It's a BOY and a GIRL AGAIN!!
MommyToOne
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Cindalee72 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:07 pm

MommyToOne wrote:Cindy - I see you figured out your ticker!!!! I decided to go ahead and do one too! I figure whatever is going to happen will happen regardless of what I do!

LOOOOKKKKKSSS GOOD!
BABY LIAM -My Son
ImageImage
Cindalee72
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby elbee » Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:54 pm

Rebcat- I'm hoping to hear great news about your beta tomorrow! F/X!!!

Cindy- Thanks! How are you doing? I bet you're on cloud 9 after that beta :) Yay, you have a ticker :jump:

MommyToOne- Thank you for the encouragement. I have been positive overall, but this morning I got somewhat scared since it's all going down soon and I'm just hoping we end up with a positive outcome. We're doing all that we can, so hopefully it's enough! Yay for a ticker :jump:

AFM- I have not let the hormones get the best of me...until tonight! The last time I triggered it was 35 hours before retrieval, and the nurse called me today and told me to trigger at 11 for a 10am retrieval. Well, after I thought about the time change I realized 11 tonight would be 34 hours before retrieval, and maybe she didn't account for the time change. Well, his mom was over and we were going to take her to dinner, so while she was in the bathroom I snuck downstairs and left a message with the nurse explaining my concern and asking if it she took the time change into account. While at dinner she left a message saying to keep it at 11, and when we got back and his mom left I listened to the message. I sort of freaked out because I thought she was wrong, and my DH does not understand that triggering is pretty much an exact science, so when he acted like I was making it a bigger deal than I needed to I flipped out and started yelling. I, in a not so nice tone, basically said that I didn't want everything to get messed up, and I might have thrown the F-bomb out twice which I don't normally do...oops! I do have to say I haven't shown any moodiness all week even at very high doses of stims, so I guess one short moment of crazy is OK. I'm back to normal now :) Oh, and I called the nurse again and she said keep it the same and 34 hours is fine, so I guess I'll do as she says. I just didn't want the whole cycle to be ruined over a formality! I hope you all understand my concern, because my DH thinks I'm crazy at the moment!
Me-31 DH-30
DD - 6-11-12
July '10-Me-high FSH, DH-<2% motility + ASA

IVF #1 Jan '11-3 mature eggs, 1 fertilized w/ICSI but did not divide, 1 zygote transferred on day 3-BFN
IVF #2 March '11-8 eggs, 4 mature, 0 fertilized w/ICSI :cry:
IVF #3 July '11 cancelled-converted to IUI-BFN
IVF #4 Sep. '11-7 retrieved, 3 mature, all 3 fertilized with thawed TESE sperm.
Transferred 2 beautiful embryos on day 3 :) BFP :D Beta#1=256 (15dpo) Beta#2=568 (17dpo) Beta#3=1864 (20dpo)
(1 snowbaby)
ImageImage
"Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, it isn't the end."
elbee
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby MommyToOne » Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:07 pm

Elbee - You aren't crazy! I would have questioned it too! My RE told me they want you to be as close to O as possible but a few hours early isn't a big deal...just can't go past that 36 hr mark! I think you'll be just fine!! I totally understand the freak out moment tho!

So...I need a moment to vent...DH hasn't sd much about the BFP. He hasn't sd anything...anytime we talk about it its b/c I bring it up. I'm sure he just wants to be cautious and not get too excited but damn it...I need some excitement out of him! I found an adorable shirt on Etsy for DS to wear at Easter and I showed it to DH...he just sd "Oh yea, thats cute." idk what I expect from him...maybe a little rub on the tummy would be nice...He hasn't asked how I feel...if I say something about not feeling good or having a headache he doesn't even respond...He isn't one to talk about his feeling much anyway but I feel really alone right now...I know if i say something he will tell me I'm being overly emotional!

Now his brother is staying with us for the week...so we have to sneak around to do my PIO and there is no talking about anything! I'm still POAS and he hasn't even asked about if they are getting darker...I guess he assumes everything is fine b/c I haven't sd anything...I just need a moment of total excitement where I cry and he hugs me and tells me we're having a baby!!! UGH...sorry to be an emotional loon! Its just frusterating not being able to share any of my joy! :cry:
3/3/11 - FET #1
3/14/11 - 578!!
3/16/11 - 1297!!
6/11/13- FET #2
6/21/13 - 397!!
6/24/13 - 892!!
6/26/13 - 1911!
MommyToOne
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby elbee » Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:22 pm

MommyToOne- Thanks for understanding :) I totally get what you're saying about your DH, well not totally since I haven't gotten a BFP, but I get it about the non-reaction. I have been aggravated with my DH throughout the IVF process, especially when it failed and he didn't show much emotion. It was like, oh it's over and we weren't successful, on to another day and another attempt. It made me feel alone. I know he wants it but whatever stock he's putting into it emotionally he's mostly keeping to himself. We had some discussions about it and basically he was internalizing most of the emotion as he usually does, but I was just frustrating because I want him to be a partner in this and me not feel alienated for being disappointed, sad, or frustrated. I can't imagine getting a BFP and him acting like it's no big deal, that would really get to me too! I'm sorry your DH is acting like that. Maybe he's just being cautious I guess, or do you think he just expected it to work? I hope he comes around and acts more excited soon. I don't know what to say but I feel ya and I wish you weren't feeling bummed at such an exciting time! I think men JUST DON'T GET IT! :x Here's me jumping up and down with you in spirit :jump: :jump: :jump:
Me-31 DH-30
DD - 6-11-12

IVF #1 Jan '11-3 mature eggs, 1 fertilized w/ICSI but did not divide, 1 zygote transferred on day 3-BFN
Transferred 2 beautiful embryos on day 3 :) BFP :D Beta#1=256 (15dpo) Beta#2=568 (17dpo) Beta#3=1864 (20dpo)
(1 snowbaby)
ImageImage
elbee
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby ritz1 » Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:29 am

Mommytoone- I think its like a wedding- we have a picture of our perfect dress, well i'm sure we all have a picture of the moment we share our bfp withour other hahttp://www.twoweekwait.com/community/ ... &popup=1lf (crying, joy, hugging etc!!) So i totally get your disappointment at his non-reaction- he should buy you flowers or something to celebrate when your guest leaves!!

Elbee- one thing ivf teaches us is that we have no controll. (I am a controll freak too- well I used to be but at this stage its too exhausting so I just roll with it!)

Afm- no, i'm not testing early (too chicken!!) We don't get beta's here in Norway- maybe after a bfp? So i have to poas, wait 2 days and poas again if it's negative! I'm still tired and emotional thanks to the hormones !! I'm half dreding friday as dh is away for work for 2 weeks and I'll have no-one to share the good news with if its positive and may have to call in sick if its negative (thats a real "mental health day") I don't think i can teach ayoga class that morning if its negative..argghh I'm trying to plan/control everything again!! :lol:
ritz1
Friend

Postby ritz1 » Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:30 am

oops that was "other half!!"
ritz1
Friend

Postby ravenaub » Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:33 am

Rebcat and Mommy - Can't wait to hear those betas tomorrow!! :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump:

Cindy - :congrats: :happyforyou: :hh9:
I want to look into acupuncture, but I am transferring on Saturday. I don't know if any place will take an appt on Sunday or not. Will call this week to find out!

elbee - Hello from your cycle twin!! We WILL get our :bfp: s very very soon! You get to transfer on day three and I have to wait until day five. Boo :( I'm going to be yearning for my babies so bad come the end of the week! I triggered last night as well. My nurse called yesterday to say that I needed to trigger at 8 instead of 9 because of the time change. I guess every clinic runs differently and I don't think one little hour matters any way. I'm just glad we don't jump forward two or three hours. We'd reallly be a confused mess, then huh? :lol: At any rate, the amount of hormones we are dealing with are enough to make an elephant go nuts - I think you are entitled to one outburst. And also, kudos to you for only ONE outburst! My DH has been putting up with.....well, let's just say, many outbursts.

ritz - Hope you're feeling well! Sorry DH is going to be away when you test. FXed it's all good news to share with him when he returns!! :luck:

Hello to all!!

I woke up with really bad "O" pains around 5 am and was just sure I was ovulating. I was almost in tears because I imagined going in tomorrow and finding out that all my eggs had jumped ship. What won't I worry about?! When I woke up this am, I POAS. I know, I know. But I just wanted to see what a :bfp: looked liked just in case I don't get one for real. Pretty pessimistic chick, huh?

Mommy - I so get what you are saying about DH. Last night I was attempting to have a moment with mine about how we are going to have babies on Monday and he wouldn't get it up for me!! (His mood, I mean. Not his manhood. :D) I pretty much had to yell at him and roll over and go to sleep. I don't know why he can't be in awe of this process like I am. Grrrrrrrrrr..... :x Anyway, I'm sure your DH will become much more excited after beta and who couldn't love seeing a little bean (or 2!!) on an u/s?? I'm sure he'll come around!
Last edited by ravenaub on Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Me: Aub (31) DH (32) DS1 (10) DS2 (6) TTC #3 since 2010 IVF #1 :angel: at 7w5d IVF #2 :bfp: (10/19/11) Twins! (11/8/11) :hb: 161 :hb: 170 (1/5/12) TWIN BOYS!! :babyb::babyb: (5/21/12) Finn Henry and Nash Cooper born at 36w1d 5lb14oz and 5lb12.5oz
ravenaub
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby Cindalee72 » Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:34 am

MommyToOne wrote:Elbee - You aren't crazy! I would have questioned it too! My RE told me they want you to be as close to O as possible but a few hours early isn't a big deal...just can't go past that 36 hr mark! I think you'll be just fine!! I totally understand the freak out moment tho!

So...I need a moment to vent...DH hasn't sd much about the BFP. He hasn't sd anything...anytime we talk about it its b/c I bring it up. I'm sure he just wants to be cautious and not get too excited but damn it...I need some excitement out of him! I found an adorable shirt on Etsy for DS to wear at Easter and I showed it to DH...he just sd "Oh yea, thats cute." idk what I expect from him...maybe a little rub on the tummy would be nice...He hasn't asked how I feel...if I say something about not feeling good or having a headache he doesn't even respond...He isn't one to talk about his feeling much anyway but I feel really alone right now...I know if i say something he will tell me I'm being overly emotional!

Now his brother is staying with us for the week...so we have to sneak around to do my PIO and there is no talking about anything! I'm still POAS and he hasn't even asked about if they are getting darker...I guess he assumes everything is fine b/c I haven't sd anything...I just need a moment of total excitement where I cry and he hugs me and tells me we're having a baby!!! UGH...sorry to be an emotional loon! Its just frusterating not being able to share any of my joy! :cry:

Mommy: if this makes you feel better, my husband didn't get excited until yesterday. He kept saying, let's not got excited until we know for sure..i kept saying look at these. I really think he was excited too but kept it to himself until he had that confirmation. Maybe that's why he's being the way he is.

What a 360 since he has known though. HE'S very overprotective, supportive and sweet.
BABY LIAM -My Son
ImageImage
Cindalee72
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby MommyToOne » Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:57 am

Raven and Elbee - ER is so close!!! I can't wait to hear how it goes!

JVal - I hope you are doing well!

Ritz - I understand not testing early...I intended to wait until today but I was freaking myself out and just had to test. I'm sorry your DH won't be there to celebrate your BFP and we aren't thinking about a BFN b/c it won't be!!!

Cindy - How are you feeling today?

Hello EOE!

AFM - Feeling nauseous this morning...well...this afternoon...I slept until noon today! Of course with the time change I keep telling myself it was really 11! I think DH will be excited once we see everything is ok on the u/s. I think he's just scared to get excited and he's scared to go through what we did last time...So I think that he thinks by not talking about it I'm not thinking about it and not getting too excited...he should know better! I think he's just trying to protect me. I did say something about "If" we get to tell everyone on Easter and he corrected me and sd "When"...Sometimes I just want to shake him! :x I know he'll come around and once DS knows I think he will talk about it more...we don't get alone time too often so its hard to really talk about anyway.

Tomorrow is beta! :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump:
3/3/11 - FET #1
3/14/11 - 578!!
3/16/11 - 1297!!
6/11/13- FET #2
6/21/13 - 397!!
6/24/13 - 892!!
6/26/13 - 1911!
MommyToOne
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby elbee » Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:56 pm

MommyToOne- I can't wait to hear (or I should say read) your beta tomorrow! I will probably be on my phone checking on the way home from my ER :) I hope your DH starts acting more excited soon. Maybe after your beta or when he sees/hears the heartbeats he'll come around.

Cindy- I'm glad your DH is excited now after your awesome beta :) I so hope acupuncture helps me too! I have an appt. on Wed. evening, transfer on Thurs. morning, and then another appt. on Thursday evening. They are going to put some tacks in my ear too for me to stimulate before and after transfer. Whatever works!

ravenaub- Good luck tomorrow ER twin! hehe How are you feeling? Nervous, excited, relaxed, totally ready to get those overcrowded follies out? Let us know how it goes!

ritz1- I can't believe they just have you POAS instead of doing a beta. Do you go in for the first time on Wed. or Friday? Whenever it is I'm hoping you see two lines!!!

AFM- So here I go again. Holy swollen, sore bbs already from the trigger. My retrieval is scheduled for 10 tomorrow morning. I'm ready and hopeful. I'm dreading the stupid IV though of all things. It's not too bad really but last time whatever he tried to numb it with before he put it in didn't work, and it stung the whole time and even after they took it out and I went home. Anyway, I won't have much to update tomorrow because they won't give us any information until Tuesday; they won't even tell us how many eggs they retrieve. Of course I'll be at work when they call and leave the message with the fertilization report, and I am a teacher so I won't be able to answer it. I'll be so ready for the school day to be over that day so I can listen to the news!
Me-31 DH-30
DD - 6-11-12

(1 snowbaby)
ImageImage
elbee
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby kez71 » Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:09 pm

woo hooo. congrats ladies with the BFP's!!!!!!!!! Stick babies stick!! :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump:
Ive been a bit inactive on here too..sorry..I sort of follow it, but not as much as Id like to!!
http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/10d294

[url=http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/10d294]Image

Me(43!!) DF (47) TTC #1 since jan 06

M/C Dec 08 7 weeks
Lap/hyst/dye work Aug11th 2010- Blocked tubes
First IVF Oct-Dec 2010 BFN- chemical :(
IVF#2 April/May 2011 BFN :(
FET #1 July 2011BFP!!! MC 10w3d
FET#2 Feb 2012 BFP!!! MC 8 weeks
IVF#3 July 2012 BFP Baby Girl born April 2013
FET #3 Feb 2015 Beta due 12th March. stick baby!

http://babywhereforeartthou.blogspot.com.au/
kez71
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby Rebcat » Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:40 pm

My results came in and its most likely a BFN. My beta was 21 and the nurse said that its probably not going to work out for me. I have to do a repeat test on friday. Its just agony, I wish I just was told no rather than having to go through this twice in one week.
Rebcat
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Update

Postby kellyeric » Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:45 pm

Hi sorry I haven't posted in a while my school worked had me occupied since I am a violin teacher and I'm making preparations for the Gala Concert
for our school. ok Im waiting for AF to begin her duties tomorrow as soon as AF shows is when I called the RE know I have a question since I have to buy meds that I never used before need you opinion on side effects if any and where can i get a better price.

Menopur 75u
Leuprolide 14 day kit
kellyeric

PreviousNext

Return to IVF