Feb/March IVF/ICSI/FET...Part 3...7 BFPs!!!!!

Is in vitro fertilization helping you achieve your dream of parenthood? Discuss IVF, FET, donor egg and surrogacy here!

Moderators: JessM, southernbelle, maddy, unaffected

Postby eclues » Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:56 am

Mommy - Wow thats an awesome beta!!!! Cant wait for u/s to confirm the twins...how exciting :jump: :jump: :jump:

Cindy - Good luck on your repeat! Will be waiting on the numbers!

elbee - Howd it go?!

raven - 15 eggs?! Wow that is awesome! Hopefully you have some to freeze as well!
Me 30 DH 35
2 Failed IUI's
IVF#1 June 2007- BFN
IVF#2 Aug 2007 - BFP!
6/8/08 - DD Born!
IVF# 3 (March 2010) - Cancelled
IVF#4 (April 2010 ) -BFN
Dx: Diminished ovarian reserve
IVF#5 (Feb 2011) - BFN
IVF#6 (May 2011) - BFP at 7dp3dt! Beta at 12dp3dt = 121, Beta at 14dp3dt = 347
ITS A GIRL! C-Section scheduled end of Jan!
eclues
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby MommyToOne » Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:03 pm

DH gave me high five and told me not to cry....apparently I looked like I was about to lose it! We r at work so I had to write the # on a post it...he gave mw another high five and I came back to my desk....after about 30 seconds he comes over with the goofiest smile on his face! Gives me another high five....lol...I think he's pretty excited! He told me to go puke and id feel better...lol...I've been telling him all morning I feel like puking!!

My RE was so excited....he kept congratulating me and kept saying "looks like twins". I just love him so much!! My first us should be the 23rd...

Cindy can't wait to hear your numbers tomorrow!!

Raven - glad ER went well...sounds like your going to have all kinds of babies!!

Elbee - how r u?
Me - 29 DH - 31 DS - 9 DS2/DD - Almost 2
2 m/c, 3 REs, 6 Failed IUIs, 6 years TTC
Sept 2010 IVF #1 - BFP - M/C Nov. 2010
3/3/11 - FET #1
3/14/11 - 578!!
3/16/11 - 1297!!
3/22/11 - 1st u/s!! TWINS!!!
3/29/11 - :hb: :hb:
5/10/11 - Its a BOY and a GIRL!
6/11/13- FET #2
6/21/13 - 397!!
6/24/13 - 892!!
6/26/13 - 1911!
7/1/13 - First u/s! TWINS AGAIN!
7/9/13 - :hb: :hb:
It's a BOY and a GIRL AGAIN!!
MommyToOne
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby elbee » Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:31 pm

raven- Dang girl, that's awesome! I hope I can get even 1/3 of that amount of eggs! Geez, I'm praying for one good embie at this point. Congrats! How are you feeling?

mommy- Yay, yay, YAY!!! I'm so excited for you and happy that your DH is acting more excited now :D

AFM- I got home about an hour and a half ago and finally got to eat. I guess everything went OK, but I really wish they would tell us how many eggs they got. It sucks waiting for ALL of the news. I'm more crampy, sore, and bloated this time than I was last time, but hopefully it means there was more to get. Wow, we were really SCARED for a little bit when DH asked if there were any motile sperm. After about 10 min. the embryologist's assistant came out and went into the "business" room with another cup, so DH went over there and right in to do another sample. She came back about 20 min. later to get it and we asked her if they didn't see any motile ones, and she said they were having trouble finding any good ones and some might wake up during the washing. So, we waited about 15 more min. for them to check the second sample, and she and the embryologist came out, and the embryologist assured us with a smile on her face that the second sample was much better in the motility dept. Of course it wasn't good per se, but good enough to find enough motile sperm to use. THANK GOD! We were terrified that they wouldn't find ANY! So, now it's a waiting game until they call tomorrow...tick-tock, tick-tock, tick-tock...
Me-31 DH-30
DD - 6-11-12
July '10-Me-high FSH, DH-<2% motility + ASA

IVF #1 Jan '11-3 mature eggs, 1 fertilized w/ICSI but did not divide, 1 zygote transferred on day 3-BFN
IVF #2 March '11-8 eggs, 4 mature, 0 fertilized w/ICSI :cry:
IVF #3 July '11 cancelled-converted to IUI-BFN
IVF #4 Sep. '11-7 retrieved, 3 mature, all 3 fertilized with thawed TESE sperm.
Transferred 2 beautiful embryos on day 3 :) BFP :D Beta#1=256 (15dpo) Beta#2=568 (17dpo) Beta#3=1864 (20dpo)
(1 snowbaby)
ImageImage
"Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, it isn't the end."
elbee
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby ritz1 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:06 pm

elbee-now thats a SCARY wait! congrats and I hope you get lots of fertilsed eggies!

Mommy- better make tht mommyto three! :jump: :jump: :jump: Yay for twins.
Afm- I'm really feeling queasy- anybody else doing fet have this? It started pretty much with the progesterone but it isn't getting better! I could get very fat as I have to keep putting something in my stomach to keep it calm!!
ritz1
Friend

Postby ravenaub » Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:25 pm

Mommy - :congrats: :happyforyou: :happyforyou: :hh9:
And can I get a: :shock: for that beta?! Holy multiples!! So glad you have your peace of mind.

elbee - I can't believe they didn't tell you how many eggs you got! That's insane to make you wait. Even if they aren't mature enough to fertilize, you'd at least think they'd tell you what you have to work with! Hang in there, twin! :kiss:

Cindy - How are you feeling today, mama? ;)

Rebcat - I just went back and read about your beta. I cannot believe that nurse! You are most definitely prego and the only thing that is important is that your numbers double. I'm sorry you have to wait until Friday. You are in my thoughts!! :hugs:

AFM - I am so happy to be rid of those eggs! Everything went well. I slept through the whole thing (thank you, anesthesiologist!!) and woke up to find out we got 15 eggies. Will find out tomorrow how many were mature/fertilized. I tried to sleep when I came home, but ended up with a horrible case of diarrhea (sorry if TMI) and wasn't able to sleep for several hours. I did get a two hour nap in and got something to eat. Heading back to bed now!

Will check in again later! :)
Me: Aub (31) DH (32) DS1 (10) DS2 (6) TTC #3 since 2010 IVF #1 :angel: at 7w5d IVF #2 :bfp: (10/19/11) Twins! (11/8/11) :hb: 161 :hb: 170 (1/5/12) TWIN BOYS!! :babyb::babyb: (5/21/12) Finn Henry and Nash Cooper born at 36w1d 5lb14oz and 5lb12.5oz
ravenaub
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby Cindalee72 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:06 pm

Raven, did they give you anything for pain...they gave me vicodin to take...it put me to sleep when i got home, and i think that's what helped me heal.

Can't wait for report tomorrow on you and elbee.

Got another beta tomorrow for me...it would put me at 16dpo, right about where mommy is....so if my numbers are high then we'll guess it's multiples....they asked me if wanted beta and i said yes, they said it wasn't necessary.

FEEL BETTER....

AFM: getting bouts of off and on nauseau....some dizzy spells and the boobs are really starting to hurt now...got some growing cramps...but nothing that hurts...
Me: 38, DH: 41, DD: 13
BABY LIAM -My Son
ImageImage
Cindalee72
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby catwomanbaby » Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:28 pm

Mommy: Congratulations! I hope the next beta goes as smoothly

Cindy: Can't wait to hear your beta tomorrow.

Raven: 15 is great! Rest up and looking forward to your fertility report.

Elbee: I feel for you. I don't know if I could handle not knowing the number of eggs they retrieved the day of retrieval. I hope tomorrow brings good news and glad the second attempt was more successful in getting some swimmers out there.

Rebcat: How are you hanging in? I hope Friday comes quickly for you so you can see where you are at. Big hugs and even bigger fingers crossed.

Hi EOE!

AFM: Still taking the estrogen and lupron. I have a ton of work to do before I leave for England for a few days with my DH and step kids (my DH will be staying afterwards for work).
Me: 39 yo
DH: 47 yo
Two step-children ages 15 and 18
TTC since 2/2009
Clomid 100 + IUI: 10/2009 BFN
Clomid 100 + IUI: 11/2009 BFN
IVF #1.0: 1/2010 cancelled b/c of fibroid
Fibroid removal: 1/2010
IVF#1.5: 5/2010: BFN
IVF#2 8/2010: BFN
IVF#3 12/2010: BFP but low numbers. M/C 12/25
FET#4: 3-4/2011: BFP. u/s on 4/19 showed two little hb's in the 100's
catwomanbaby
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby elbee » Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:35 pm

ritz1- Yeah, we were both extremely panicked feeling, but quietly waiting and holding our breaths. The sort of funny thing is my DH said something on the way home about wanting his own kids and not with another guy's sperm. He mentioned it while we were waiting too, and in the car I realized he thought maybe they would go ahead and fertilize the eggs with another man's sperm if he didn't have any good ones. Like, maybe they'd call us and get the OK and then go ahead and do it. He never concurred that that's what he meant, but he didn't deny it, and I think it was what he meant since I tried to clarify that if he no motile sperm the cycle would be a bust...and of course that the donor process is very involved. He looked relieved after I said that. I felt bad for him for thinking that and having that extra anxiety, but I also felt it was ridiculous and slightly hilarious for him to think that it was a possibility. He usually educates himself about big things, but I guess this is just something he hasn't looked into yet, lol.

ravenaub- Sorry about the "runs." I haven't dropped a deuce since I have been home, so I am thinking I might have the opposite problem, perhaps. My abdomen is very full and achy though, and I hope it goes down because I have been very uncomfortable. Are you sore or bloated or anything? I haven't slept but I have been lounging, which is weird because I only got 4hrs of sleep last night. I guess maybe my anesthesia induced cat nap probably helped in that area. I don't want to sleep now because then I probably won't sleep well tonight, and I have to be ready for my kindergartners bright and early tomorrow! I can't wait to hear your fertilization report! BTW, did you survive your first PIO? I don't think they are too bad overall. I do them to myself and I take my time pushing the oil in so it doesn't ball up as much. The worst part for me is the ache it causes in my bum; sometimes it seems to be near my sciatic nerve and makes it ache down my leg somewhat through the next day also. I alternate sides so that helps. It is all so worth it though!!!

Cindy- Yay for growing cramps and feeling more pregnant! I'm looking forward to your beta tomorrow! I'm thinking high numbers!!!

AFM- Just waiting...:wait:
Me-31 DH-30
DD - 6-11-12

IVF #1 Jan '11-3 mature eggs, 1 fertilized w/ICSI but did not divide, 1 zygote transferred on day 3-BFN
Transferred 2 beautiful embryos on day 3 :) BFP :D Beta#1=256 (15dpo) Beta#2=568 (17dpo) Beta#3=1864 (20dpo)
(1 snowbaby)
ImageImage
elbee
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby elbee » Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:44 pm

catwomanbaby- Thanks! Yeah, it pretty much stinks, but it's out of my hands. Just praying for the best! I am trying to decide whether to check my phone at work when I can and listen to the message, or wait until I get home in case it's not the news I want to hear. I probably won't be able to wait since I tutor after the regular school day which extends my day by over an hour. My kids have 45 min. of computer lab time in the afternoon, and it's right next door to my classroom, so I might just leave my assistant with the class for a few minutes to listen to the message if it has arrived by then. Or, I might wait, haha. I really just want to count on it being good news ;) That's great that you get to take the whole family to England. Such a great opportunity for the kids. Do you travel often for work?
Me-31 DH-30
DD - 6-11-12

(1 snowbaby)
ImageImage
elbee
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby MommyToOne » Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:52 pm

Cindy - I'm glad you went with another beta...just to put your mind at ease! I can't wait to hear how high it is!!!!

Cat - When do you expect to have your transfer?

Raven - 15 eggs is awesome!!! I can't wait to hear how they are doing tomorrow!!! :jump: :jump: Try to get some rest!!

Ritz - I keep eating too to keep my stomach from acting up...I've even been eating Tums like crazy...

Elbee - I'd go nuts not knowing anything at all!! I hope they call you bright and early to let you know how many you have and how they're doing!!!

Rebcat - Thinking about you sweetie. I know Friday can't get here soon enough!

I hope everyone is doing well!

I am still on Cloud 9! I just want to cry...BIL is here so DH and I can't really celebrate...however he can't stop smiling and keeps hugging me.

I'm so flippin emotional! I'm watching Giullian and Bill with DH and I keep crying...I want them to have a baby so bad....it just makes me so sad that anyone has to go through all of this...ugh...I've got to get my emotions in check! I have a feeling it's going to be like this for awhile!!
3/3/11 - FET #1
3/14/11 - 578!!
3/16/11 - 1297!!
6/11/13- FET #2
6/21/13 - 397!!
6/24/13 - 892!!
6/26/13 - 1911!
MommyToOne
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby jlojenjen » Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:01 pm

Mommytoone - AWESOME #'s!!!!! I'm sorry I don't know your whole story....just curious, how many embies did you transfer? That's a REALLY high first # !!! :)
Me - 37, DH - 46
http://broxtonbaby.blogspot.com/

After 7 years of TTC...3 ivf's, 4 IUI's, and 2 miscarriages, we got pregnant naturally...God is good!

Beta#1: 8/20 - 286
Beta#2: 8/22 - 659 (doubling time 39 hrs)
Beta#3: 8/27 - 5,343 (doubling time 39hrs)
U/S#1 8/31 - Gest. sac and yolk sac (5wks/5days)
U/S #2 scheduled 9/10!!
jlojenjen
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby MommyToOne » Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:55 pm

Jlo - We transferred 2 embies! We almost transferred 3 but my RE was so impressed with how the first 2 we thawed looked he didn't want to risk triplets! He's pretty confident I'm having twins...I will have an u/s on the 23rd to find out what I've got baking!
3/3/11 - FET #1
3/14/11 - 578!!
3/16/11 - 1297!!
6/11/13- FET #2
6/21/13 - 397!!
6/24/13 - 892!!
6/26/13 - 1911!
MommyToOne
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Rebcat » Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:34 pm

hi everyone. Mommy, congrats again on your news. Elbee and raven, glad you came through your ER's well and fingers crossed for great news for you girls too. Raven, I am having a hard time thinking that I am pregnant, I was pretty much told that I wasnt, or at least, I wouldnt be. I just keep hoping for a miracle but its a hard task right now. Cat, thank you. hugs to you too, I hope everything goes well for you.

Hi to everyone else xxx
Rebcat
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby ravenaub » Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:12 am

Rebcat - You are in my prayers and i hope your numbers double and then some for Friday. ((Hugs))

Mommy - I bet you are still on Cloud Nine from your beta! I love that you and DH are sneaking hugs and celebrating whenever you can. I knew he'd come around! :D Would you mind moving elbee and I to ER/ET In Progress? Thanks for keeping up with all of us! :)

Cindy - They did send me home with some Lortab. I'm not real big on taking those types of pain killers (they upset my stomach), but you can bet your sweet bun(s) in your oven I took a few doses yesterday after my horrible case of the runs. I was so ready to just go to sleep!! At one point I was on the toilet almost in tears thinking I was going to get dehydrated and end up with OHSS, I was sitting there chugging a bottle of water. Talk about a hot mess! :lol:

elbee - I usually have the same effect from anesthesia (constipation), but yesterday that was clearly NOT the problem. Hope you can poo soon. The PIO is a funny story - I am going to share it below. Can't wait for you to get your news about how many eggs you got and how many were fertilized!

AFM - Woke up feeling sore this am and didn't get that great of sleep last night. I kept waking up and thinking of my babies. I want them so bad!! And not knowing how many and how they are doing is KILLING me. :(
As for the PIO, I sent DH into the bathroom last night to get it ready while I sat on the couch and iced my bum. Nurse K from the fertility clinic drew some smileys on my butt yesterday to show DH where to give me the shot. He came out of the bathroom and told me it was ready and he looked rather greenish/pale. When I came into the bathroom and saw the needle, BAM! I hit the floor. I've never passed out before in my life and I don't think I completely lost consciousness, but I got so lightheaded so quickly, before I knew it, I was on the floor. Then, finally two hours later (after me crying and flipping out and saying I wasn't going to do it and my body shaking so hard and poor DH trying to give me a pep talk and clearly not wanting to give me the shot anyway) we had PIO shot success. I just think I was tired - physically, emotionally, etc. I hope we don't go through the same thing every night because in the end, it wasn't that bad at all. :oops:

But why, oh why, do those darn needles have to be so big? :dunno:
Me: Aub (31) DH (32) DS1 (10) DS2 (6) TTC #3 since 2010 IVF #1 :angel: at 7w5d IVF #2 :bfp: (10/19/11) Twins! (11/8/11) :hb: 161 :hb: 170 (1/5/12) TWIN BOYS!! :babyb::babyb: (5/21/12) Finn Henry and Nash Cooper born at 36w1d 5lb14oz and 5lb12.5oz
ravenaub
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby Cindalee72 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:43 am

ravenaub wrote:Rebcat - You are in my prayers and i hope your numbers double and then some for Friday. ((Hugs))

Mommy - I bet you are still on Cloud Nine from your beta! I love that you and DH are sneaking hugs and celebrating whenever you can. I knew he'd come around! :D Would you mind moving elbee and I to ER/ET In Progress? Thanks for keeping up with all of us! :)

Cindy - They did send me home with some Lortab. I'm not real big on taking those types of pain killers (they upset my stomach), but you can bet your sweet bun(s) in your oven I took a few doses yesterday after my horrible case of the runs. I was so ready to just go to sleep!! At one point I was on the toilet almost in tears thinking I was going to get dehydrated and end up with OHSS, I was sitting there chugging a bottle of water. Talk about a hot mess! :lol:

elbee - I usually have the same effect from anesthesia (constipation), but yesterday that was clearly NOT the problem. Hope you can poo soon. The PIO is a funny story - I am going to share it below. Can't wait for you to get your news about how many eggs you got and how many were fertilized!

AFM - Woke up feeling sore this am and didn't get that great of sleep last night. I kept waking up and thinking of my babies. I want them so bad!! And not knowing how many and how they are doing is KILLING me. :(
As for the PIO, I sent DH into the bathroom last night to get it ready while I sat on the couch and iced my bum. Nurse K from the fertility clinic drew some smileys on my butt yesterday to show DH where to give me the shot. He came out of the bathroom and told me it was ready and he looked rather greenish/pale. When I came into the bathroom and saw the needle, BAM! I hit the floor. I've never passed out before in my life and I don't think I completely lost consciousness, but I got so lightheaded so quickly, before I knew it, I was on the floor. Then, finally two hours later (after me crying and flipping out and saying I wasn't going to do it and my body shaking so hard and poor DH trying to give me a pep talk and clearly not wanting to give me the shot anyway) we had PIO shot success. I just think I was tired - physically, emotionally, etc. I hope we don't go through the same thing every night because in the end, it wasn't that bad at all. :oops:

But why, oh why, do those darn needles have to be so big? :dunno:

RAVEN: I'm sorry that you had to do that, but reading it I was LOL, so i'm sorry about that...BUt i'm super happy it went well and your not scared anymore.

I cannnnnnooootttt wait to hear your reports today...woo hoo fingers crossed for you.

FEEL BETTER GIRLY!
Me: 38, DH: 41, DD: 13
BABY LIAM -My Son
ImageImage
Cindalee72
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

PreviousNext

Return to IVF