Day 8 Scan on 300 iu Menoupr

Is in vitro fertilization helping you achieve your dream of parenthood? Discuss IVF, FET, donor egg and surrogacy here!

Moderators: JessM, southernbelle, maddy, unaffected

Day 8 Scan on 300 iu Menoupr

Postby BonnieMo » Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:58 am

Hello ladies,

I had my day 8 scan yesterday i had 5 follicles that they measured between 10-12mm and a couple of small ones that they ignored. i was told they didnt expect me to have responded too well (news to me - i had no idea about this bit of info) They said 8 follicles was average at day 8 so i was below average...

I didnt feel particulary reassured by the end of it and am now feeling extremely deflated. My clinic are not very forthcoming with info (its on the NHS) and pretty much everything i have found out has been through this site and googleing..

I have another scan on friday - day 11 of stims and i dont know what to expect..

Also - from Saturday afternoon - day 5 of stims i have had a really bad aching in my right side - i was presuming it was my ovaries working overtime - i could barely move on Sunday i was in so much pain...this has subsided a bit now - but still uncomfortable ( at my scan i only had 1 follicle in my right side) - anyone else experienced this?

any help advise on what i can do help would be greatly appreciated.

1st time IVF / ICSI
MFI
Meds:
- 0.5 Buserelin Injections - from Day 21 - 12th May
- 4 vials of Menopur (300iu) Started 29th May

Follicles:
- 5 follicles between 10 and 12 mm after 8 days of stims
- next scan date 8th June

Thanks
B
BonnieMo

Postby Nicrye » Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:54 am

I have never heard of your medicine protocol. I was on the long Lupron protocol first (yours sounds like that based on the days you have been stiming) and I didn't respond well at all. I had 10 total with only 6 mature and only 4 fertalized. On day 3 I had 2 very fragmented embabies put back and neither took. My second round they changed me to a antagonist protocol and I got 10 9 mature 8 fertilized and 6 were doing well on day 3. They put back 2 and I have a beautiful little boy. Don't worry too much. This process is just that...a process. Give this cycle a chance (it only takes 1!) and then if it isn't successful ask your Dr. what protocol changes he is going to make. If none then maybe go see another Dr. Good luck! I am on day 3 of stims so I am right behind you! I am rooting for you! Come join me on the May/June ivf thread!
Nicrye
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby Sooziepoozie » Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:50 pm

I too am having nhs treatment in uk. It sounds like I have had exactly the same medication as you, including the 4 vials of menopur. At my scan I found out that my right ovary hadn't responded at all to the treatment and my left had 3 follicles over 17mm. By the time it came to my egg Coll I had 7 follicles that were over 17mm. So try not to be disheartened. Those extra days can make all the difference and can allow those little follicle to catch up!
I had emb transfer 8 days ago and started bleeding last night. It's been heavy like a period. I am so disappointed and feel my body has let myself and partner down. I do preg test on sat.. Fingers crossed. Good luck for fri x
Sooziepoozie
Friend

Postby BonnieMo » Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:42 am

Thanks to both of you for replying...

Soozie -

i had the same thing - my right ovary didnt really respond..i went in for egg collection yesterday and they got 10 which i was delighted about - im waiting on the call now to see how many fertilised...

have you done a test yet yourself to see? its so tough when we have to go through so much to get here to feel like theres nothing more you can do and its 50/50 whether it takes or not...
i have everthig crossed for you and wish you all the very best for Saturday - keep us posted xx
BonnieMo

Postby Sooziepoozie » Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:09 am

See I knew you'd get more eggs! Woo hoo! So pleased for you! Where r you having your treatment? I'm at Liverpool Womens.
I haven't yet done a test my other half wants me to wait until sat, but I really have no hope at all. There is no way our little embryo can survive the bleeding I have had. It has been heavy for nearly 2 days now and there have been some small clots too ( sorry if tmi!). I have also had really bad period like pains and some shooting pains too.
I am trying to come to terms with it now before I'm back at work on mon. I would rather get my head round it now than have hope and be disappointed on sat all over again. The roller coster of emotions is unbelieveable and it has been harder than I thought it would be. I'm dreading going back to work and having to tell everybody :(
Let me know how many fertilise!! I have my fingers crossed for you and your partner xx
Sooziepoozie
Friend

Postby BonnieMo » Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:04 am

our excitement has been a bit shortlived...they called and said out of the 10, 8 were mature, 2 fertilised, 2 are showing some signs of fertilisation but its probably too late, 2 didnt survive, and 2 were weird! they had never seen anything like it...she couldnt explain over the phone, but said there was a problem with 2 of them which they had never seen at the clinic before...so we are going in tomorrow to talk to them.

If all ok overnight and the 2 that have fertilised divide then we can possibly have a 2 day transfer tomorrow on 1 of them...as they only do single embryo transfer at the clinic

she said we should focus on the possitive and see what tomorrow brings and if the 2 survive overnight.

But now we are worried as she was mentioning genetics and they dont know if the 2 that have fertilised have the same problem as the 2 weird ones...i guess we will know a bit more tomorrow morning...

i think you should do a test - put yourself out of your misery...have you called the clinic? have they recommended anything to you?

working at this time is so stressful - im the same i didnt think id find it this difficult either..dont know about you but i find it hard to concentrate and just cant function properly right now...i havent told anybody at work..dont feel pressured into explaining it to everyone - its such a personal process that for some reason everyone and their dog feel entitled to know about...

heres some thing to cheer you up...my hubby was a bit stressed when having to give his sample..so much so afterwards he told me he had thought he was going to have to go get the nurse to help him....he actually thought she would 'help' him out....seriously...i was laughing so hard at that...

take care..call the clinic and if you dont think you can wait til saturday do a test, dont torture yourself...weve been through enough already..

xx
BonnieMo

Postby meggola » Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:40 am

I had a response similar to yours with my first IVF. I had 8 retrieved, all were mature and given ICSI, only 3 fertilized and 2 made it to a 3 day transfer. We transferred both and it almost worked. I had a chemical pregnancy. My second IVF the RE changed my protocol and I had 20 eggs!

I've seen plenty of women with low response have a successful IVF though. I think sometimes it just means that the ones that make it are really strong and are fighters! Survival of the fittest. Good luck with your transfer!
Me (Meg) - 35, DH - 32
TTC #1 since Nov 2009 (2 1/2+ yrs)
IF due to a damaged right tube & MFI (low numbers + ASA)

BFP July 2010, m/c 6w1d (ectopic)

Aug 2011- Jan 2012: 6 medicated cycles (Clomid & Follistim) - 1 IUI, 4 cancelled cycles (Oing on my right side), 1 cycle timed BD, all BFN

IVF#1 Feb/March: chemical, no frosties
IVF#2 April/May: BFN, 3 frosties
FET #1 July 24 (transferred 2, 3rd didn't survive the thaw) BFP!
-Beta #1 (8dp6dt) 197
-Beta #2 (10dp6dt) 430
-1st u/s 5w5d - It's twins!
-ANT scan 11/15 19w - It's a boy and a girl!
My blog: http://lostinprocreation.blogspot.com/
meggola
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Sooziepoozie » Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:17 am

Bonnie,
what a shame but have hope that the two eggs will be good ones. You have to stay positive, I know everyone says that but u really can't change what those eggs are doing right now.
I rang the clinic and the lady said that I had to carry on and take the progesterone pessaries twice a day and do the test on sat. I asked her if it was possible to get your period while on the pessaries and she didn't really give me a straight answer. She said obviously she couldn't say what the bleeding was but she has known some women have heavy bleeding in the 2ww and still have a bfp! I'm not so sure.
You made me laugh telling me about ur husband!! That's hilarious! I think that might be outside her job description!?! Haha
Stay positive. I'm sending you good luck vibes x
P.s what clinic you at?
Sooziepoozie
Friend

Postby Sooziepoozie » Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:59 am

Bonnie,
I hope everything went well today at the clinic x
Sooziepoozie
Friend

Postby BonnieMo » Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:22 am

Soozie,

think your vibes made it our way - we had goodish news today - so the 2 fertilised did split into 4 cells overnight - so far so good...they were slightly below grade 2 but apparently borderline - so they decided to put 2 back today!!!

im still a bit sore from ER on wednesday so am just going to have a restful weekend and try to put it to the back of my mind (ha ha yeah right).. we go back for a test on 27th all being well...

I hope all goes ok for you tomorrow and you get some positive news :-)

Im at Birmingham clinic by the way

goodluck xx
BonnieMo

Postby Sooziepoozie » Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:32 am

I'm so pleased for you! Positive vibes do help!! Yeh take it easy, and try and avoid heavy lifting. Let yourself be pampered!!
I don't get the whole grading thing with the embryos. The clinic never told me what grade ours were and I didn't know to ask. Maybe mine wasn't very good and that's why Ive bled?? It has slowed down slightly today but I still don't think it will be good news tmw. it's still like a period. Why do some places do a test and I have been told to do a home preg test?? I'm praying my little embryo has hidden somewhere and held on for dear life!! I know it's a long shot.
Keep me posted as to how ur doing. I 'll let you know how I get on tmw. X
Sooziepoozie
Friend

Postby Sooziepoozie » Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:33 am

I forgot to ask what happened about the whole genetic thing?? X
Sooziepoozie
Friend

Postby BonnieMo » Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:39 am

well it was only because of them having to put 2 back they told us about the grade...she didnt go into great details but i had read a bit online before hand..

I think they said they get you to come in for a test incase its bad news - they can start to give you answers about whats next and offer support..

The genetics thing was a bit odd - there were 2 eggs which had a slightly different structure to what they normally see but they only seen it because of doing icsi - they said they dont know if its normal because they dont see out of the ordinary things often enough...they just have an ideal of what they were looking for and these didnt fit that ideal...

I hope everything goes ok for you in the morning...ill be thinking of you..
x
BonnieMo

Postby Sooziepoozie » Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:03 am

Well I got a negative result this morning... Which I knew was coming but still my heart was pounding before reading the test, just in case there was a slight possibility it was positive! Stupid I know after all the bleeding I've had.
I don't understand why it hasn't worked. Everything was going so well, they said it was an easy transfer back. My poor little embryo. :cry:
I hope ur feeling okay and positive... Let's hope you have a happy result xx
Sooziepoozie
Friend

Postby BonnieMo » Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:24 am

oh Soozie, im so sorry to hear that. i hope youre ok.

How are you doing? Have you thought about what you might do next? Will you try again? At our clinic you can only have 1 'free go' and then you have to self fund if you want to try again.

I really hope you are feeling ok, take care xxx
BonnieMo

Next

Return to IVF