Sept/Oct/Nov 2012 IVF - Part 4 (Updates)

Is in vitro fertilization helping you achieve your dream of parenthood? Discuss IVF, FET, donor egg and surrogacy here!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Sept/Oct/Nov 2012 IVF - Part 4 (Updates)

Postby Boadiegirl » Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:36 am

Hi Ladies! There are a few of you who have some important things coming up and the other page was filled up....so I started a new page to hopefully catch up with what is going on with you guys!

PS On my last post, I said my TSH levels were low- I actually meant they were high- sorry- lack of sleep is really getting to me. I have hypothyroid and they needed to adjust my meds. I had another blood test last Friday to see where things stood.

Magpie- How are you feeling sweetie- so sorry you have a bug! That really sucks bad. Is the stress getting any better for you? When do you get the results of the MaterniT21?

Emerald- Welcome back from Hawaii...... Glad to see you back! I was a little upset about the 6 week delay, but I have so many doctors right now, this particular one is not used to dealing with preggo's - so time sensitivity isn't usually her thing (she is great in so many other ways). My husband, however, is not quite as understanding. He really wants me to change doctors. It took me years to find a GP that I was super comfortable with (she is the one who origially diagnosed me to begin with- because she took the time to sit down and discuss things with me- she figured out something was wrong). Anyway, I will just call them if I don't hear back from them in a timely manner- issue solved. How is everything going with you? You are past the halfway point, are you starting to relax yet? Any more actuary tests coming up?

Ready-I really hope your beta is at a good level on Friday. Were you there this past Friday? I stopped by Rockville to talk with my nurse....I am so ready to cheer you on - this cycle will be it. I saw some of your PGD questions - in talking to them when we were considering PGD, they do find out the sex, but they will not share it with you (it is my understanding they don't want people selecting the gender of their baby) I could be wrong though....I am really pulling for you.

EOE- :hi:
Last edited by Boadiegirl on Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Me (Jen) 41 DH 44
TTC since 2007
IVF#1 June 2012 - Ectopic
IVF#2 October 2012 - :bfp:
Beta#1 (15dp3dt) 592 Beta#2 (19dp3dt) 2395
:future baby boy: Charlie born on 7/18/13 7 lbs 8oz
ImageImage
Boadiegirl
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Re: Sept/Oct/Nov IVF - Part 4 (Updates)

Postby WitchMagpie » Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:34 am

Hi Boadie,

Thanks for making a new thread for us :) The stress is just kind of a constant thing for now. The blood was drawn Feb 1st and I guess it can take over 14 business days for results, so I probably won't hear anything until next week. I just want to know one way or another. If baby does have down's syndrome, I'll probably continue to stress for a while, so I probably should just talk to my doctor about how to manage Crohn's Disease while stressed and pregnant (since I am thinking now it was Crohn's and not Norovirus based on the lack of vomit).

Ready-I really hope your levels drop to the appropriate levels soon. It's time for you to get your take home baby too.

Emerald: Thanks for the well wishes and welcome back from Hawai'i :)

To anyone I failed to mention-sorry!!!! I just woke up and I'm very fuzzy headed today.

Jenn
WitchMagpie
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby WitchMagpie » Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:46 pm

I called my Ob's office and they have the maternit21 results. Now I have to wait for the doctor to review them and call me. I sure hope he hurries. I am nauseous with worry. I'd rather know bad news then sit here not knowing and imagining all sorts of things. A strong imagination can be a terrible thing when coupled with anxiety.

Jenn
WitchMagpie
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Emerald05 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:17 pm

WitchMagpie just wanted to say I'm thinking of you. FX you get perfect results!
Me (Whitney): 25; Right tube removed due to hydrosalpinx and left tube/ovary covered in scar tissue/adhesions
DH: 26; great swimmers
Married June 2009 & TTC #1 since June 2011
Aug-Sept 2012 IVF: ER 41 eggs, 41 Mature, 28 Fertilized, transferred 1 5AA and have 7 snowbabies!
BFP 9/10/2012 @ 5dp5dt!
DD Born May 8th, 2013!

My Ovulation Chart
Emerald05
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby WitchMagpie » Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:22 pm

Thank you everyone for putting up with my whining and fears. The baby is normal as per the test results. I am grateful for everyone's support and now I'm going to go sleep for a thousand years and try to recover from my freaking out.

<3
Jenn
WitchMagpie
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby SuzyQ15 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:11 pm

Witch- I have been following your story and was so pleased to hear about the test results. Hopefully this will provide you with some much needed piece of mind. Take care.
Me (34)- MTHFR / DH (34)- CBAVD
IVF #1 (2/2010)- Transferred 2 5 day blasts- DS1 born Nov 2010!!!
IVF #2 (2/2012)- Transferred 2 5 day blasts, BFP but m/c at 6w4d due to SCH.
FET #1 (7/2012)- Transferred 2 5 day blasts, BFP but m/c of baby boy at 7 wks due to Trisomy 16.
FET #2-(12/14/12)- Transferred our LAST 2 5 day blasts
Beta No. 1-(12dp5dt)- 497/ Beta No. 2- (14dp5dt)- 1297
U/S No. 1- Saw 1 gestational sac & yolk sac
U/S Nos. 2 - 6- Baby measuring right on time or ahead at 6w4d, 7w4d, 8w4d, 9w4d & 10w4d with a strong heartbeat!!
U/S No. 7- Graduated from RE at 11w4d on Valentines Day and baby was measuring 12w1d!
NT Scan/MaterniT21 Test- All clear!! It's a boy!
Anatomy Scan- All looks good!
DS2 Born August 2013!!!

OUR IVF/FET JOURNEY IS NOW COMPLETE!!
SuzyQ15
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby Emerald05 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:23 pm

Yay what great news! I can't even imagine how much weight that must be off your shoulders. I'd sleep for a thousand years too. :D
Me (Whitney): 25; Right tube removed due to hydrosalpinx and left tube/ovary covered in scar tissue/adhesions
Aug-Sept 2012 IVF: ER 41 eggs, 41 Mature, 28 Fertilized, transferred 1 5AA and have 7 snowbabies!
BFP 9/10/2012 @ 5dp5dt!
DD Born May 8th, 2013!

My Ovulation Chart
Emerald05
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Nicrye » Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:51 am

Witch-so glad to hear this news! I am seriously considering not doing any tests other than first and second beta and US's due to the CRAZY worry that all the other tests bring only to find out all is well! Stress is supposedly the worst thing for you when PG so...yea why all the tests?!

Suszy-Congratulations on graduating!

Boadie-Thanks for the updates thread!

Hi to EOE and Happy Valentine’s Day!

AFM:Not too much to report still just working out and dieting down in preparation for my FET (hopefully in April). I still have not had a period since the D&C over a month ago and my HCG is stuck around 10 so I have no clue when to expect one. My nurse said I will not be able to start FET cycle until the cycle after this one so I am in the waiting game with no end in sight. The silver lining is I will be having a nice glass of wine with my Valentine’s day dinner lol!
Nicrye
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby WitchMagpie » Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:00 pm

Thanks Suzy! I am happy to have one less thing to stress over. Now I can focus on getting the nursery ready for my baby and my daughter's baby. That's the fun part!

Emerald-I didn't quite sleep a thousand years, but I have been managing about 12 hours a night (minus the five pee breaks that my bladder seems to require). The increased rest has done wonders for my attitude ;D

Nicrye-I don't blame you not wanting to take the tests. I may refuse them next time as long as the NT scan looks fine. There are so many factors that can cause a false positive and with all the crazy stuff IVF does to our bodies, I'm surprised that they haven't come up with a better way to adjust their "normal" scale for IVF patients. If they know our progesterone will be super high from injections and that our proteins may be whacky, then do a study and determine what is normal for IVF patients. Ok...end rant. Any further news on your HCG levels dropping? Has AF shown up?

Ready-How are you doing?

Boadie-How are you?

Mac-How are you doing?

EOE I might have missed, Hi!!!

AFM: I'm a sleeping, eating, and peeing machine right now. I'm waiting for Ari's first kick with baited breath. I've been pestering my grandson in utero. I poke firmly on my daughter's tummy where he likes to stick his feet and he kicks my hand away. It never fails to amuse me. My daughter told me to knock it off since his kicks hurt LOL. The nursery is almost ready for furniture. My husband will start laying down the underlayment for the laminate flooring tonight. I am so antsy to get things organized. My nesting instinct is super frustrated. I had a scare on Friday. We hosted a dinner party to celebrate three birthdays on my husband's sid eof the family. I woke up at 4:30am that day (naturally-not via alarm clock) and began vacuuming and cleaning. I continued cleaning all day with some breaks. by 7pm, I was having contractions that were pretty intense! I had to sit down for the rest of the night :P I won't push myself like that ever again! It was kind of scary. At least the contractions would stop as soon as I sat down. It was a wake up call for me about the limitations of being a fat, old pregnant broad LOL

Jenn
WitchMagpie
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Boadiegirl » Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:42 pm

Magpie- Great News on the results! That is AWESOME! Hope your other issues clear up soon! Congrats!!!

Nicrye- So sorry about your levels! Hopefully they will come down soon! I will be cheering you on in April! Fingers crossed for you! EOE - Hi!
Me (Jen) 41 DH 44
TTC since 2007
IVF#1 June 2012 - Ectopic
IVF#2 October 2012 - :bfp:
Beta#1 (15dp3dt) 592 Beta#2 (19dp3dt) 2395
:future baby boy: Charlie born on 7/18/13 7 lbs 8oz
ImageImage
Boadiegirl
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby WitchMagpie » Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:07 am

Hi everyone!

I was wondering how you are all doing this week :)

I'm getting ready to go to my routine, once a month OB appt. I managed to not gain weight all month until 2 days prior to this appt, and then suddenly POOF I gain two pounds. I know weight gain can be important, but since I'm already 100 lbs overweight, I was hoping the low carb, high protein diet that the doctor recommended would help me maybe have a negative weight gain this pregnancy haha. Oh well, so long as baby is healthy and happy, it's all good.

I ordered two pregnancy work out dvds this week. I got the Shiva Rea prenatal yoga and the Summer Sanders pregnancy workout. I need to do something to keep active while I grow this baby. Anyone else been getting "restless leg" sensations in their hips/legs/low back with their pregnancies? I'm getting it and I think it's muscle atrophy in my case (hence the workout dvds).

I also wondered how everyone else has been doing with weight gain/squeezing into their non-pregnancy clothes as long as possible. I think I have to buy some maternity pants and bras this week. I broke the underwire in one bra and my pants are starting to strangle me. I looked at some maternity stuff, but everything is in spring colors and that doesn't really jive with my skin tone. Maybe I can find some capris in khacki or black.

Hope everyone is doing great!

Jenn
WitchMagpie
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby MidwestGirl » Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:09 pm

Hey, ladies! Sorry for the long absence. I took a break from the message boards from Christmas and then got so busy that I sort of lost track! On a whim, I came over to TWW tonight to see whether anyone had kept on posting, and boy have I got some catching up to do!

Magpie - You must be so relieved at the good test results; I celebrate with you! I feel lucky that my OB mentioned that IVF pregnancies are more likely to come out falsely abnormal on the early tests; with that info, I decided to skip them entirely and just wait for the 19-week u/s.

I totally hear you on the antsy, need-to-work-out feeling. As soon as I stopped vomiting, I felt so much more energetic, but my cautious husband insisted I get cleared by the OB before working out again. We've been back to rock climbing (indoors) for 3 weeks now, and it feels so good! I also got a workout DVD that's designed for pregnancy, but I have yet to try it. Good luck, and let me know if the ones you have are fun; I'm looking to expand my repertoire.

As for maternity clothes, I'm in that awkward stage of having one pair of my old "fat pants" that still fit with a hairband on the button and my two smallest maternity pants that fit with a couple of safety pins thrown in. I'm eager for my bump to get a little bigger - both so that my pants will fit and so that I'll definitely look preggo and not just like a chubby version of myself! I envy the fact that you haven't had to go bra shopping. I grew 2 cup sizes between week 8 and week 11 and am afraid those new bras are getting a little tight now, too. (Funny, a few months ago I was a 34A wishing for bigger boobs! So ironic.)

Boadie - Here's hoping your thyroid gets into the right ballpark soon. I know it can be pretty miserable feeling "off" in either direction. I also hope you get the doctor communication problem solved. It can be so aggravating and can undermine trust when people don't communicate in a timely manner. I've been so lucky with my OB; she's both knowledgeable and a real "people person," such a nice contrast to my RE! I'll be kind of sad if she's not the one who delivers the baby.

Ready and Nicrye - I hope for the absolute best for both of you! Prayers and *baby dust* for the next go-'round. :hugs:

Suzy - Not sure if I had a chance to congratulate you before on your pregnancy -- CONGRATULATIONS! How are you feeling?

Emerald - Wow, only 3 months to go! Have you been getting things ready for the baby yet, or is it too soon? What's this about Hawaii - a "babymoon?"

AFM - Everything is going well. As far as we know, the baby is healthy (skipped the early testing), and we'll get to see him/her in about 2 weeks at the big ultrasound. We hope to find out whether it's a boy or a girl. I had nausea from about week 8 to 13, then felt great, then randomly started vomiting halfway through week 14. But it's now been a week since I threw up, so I'm hopeful that I'm past that! We told everyone outside our immediate families last week, and it's neat to share the excitement. With the 11 pounds I've gained so far (7 prior to egg retrieval that I lost for about a week and gained back almost immediately), it would be hard to hide it for much longer even if we wanted to! I'm still awaiting news about my job for next year; we'll find out on March 15 whether & where we'll be moving.
Me: 36, low progesterone/ovulatory dysfunction
DH: 41, healthy
19 months TTC #1
IVF Oct/Nov 2012, BFP! DD born at 41 weeks 1 day
13 months TTC #2, 1 year break, then 2 more months TTC
FET Jan 2015, BFN
Freeze-all IVF May 2015, 2 snowbabies
FET July 2015, BFP but m/c at 5w1d :angel:
FET Sept 2015, BFN
IVF with fresh tfr Sept 2016, BFP, DS born at 41 weeks
MidwestGirl
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby WitchMagpie » Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:03 am

Hi Midwest!

Good to hear from you again! The random nausea sounds annoying. I had small amounts of that (and still do intermittently), but no vomiting. I am so jealous that you can rock climb! I can't even grocery shop without getting contractions from over exerting myself! I haven't tried the workout DVDs yet, but the yoga one I have started watching just to see what I think of it and so far it seems okay. I have more experience with yoga than working out, so I feel more confient judging its quality ;D

I think the only reason I haven't needed a new bra is that I had leftover fat girl ones from a previous weight gain/loss that i went through. But now it's time to find something else. The bad thing is that I was a 38F (same as a 38DDD)prior to pregnancy. I don't want to know what I am now. It's too humiliating. And it's near impossible to buy anything bigger than a DDD size in a store. So I'll probably have to find something online and pay to have it shipped :p It'll be an ugly over the shoulder boulder holder. My husband warned me this would happen if I got knocked up LOL

Keep us posted on your anatomy scan and how the baby is doing in the next few weeks :)

EOE-Hi!!!!

AFM: Well, at my doctor visit last week I found out I have high blood pressure (141/90). So I started up baby aspirin, calcium, and coconut water to try to get that crap under control. The doctor was concerned that it could become a bigger issue down the road. Personally, I think it was from the uti and sinus infection I was battling, but I also have been running a little higher this trimester anyways, so it may be something I should take more seriously. They tested my urine for proteins but I haven't heard the results. No news is good news, right?

Other than that, I think everything is okay. The anatomy scan we did sucked in the sense that I am too fat for them to get a good ultrasound reading so we couldn't really see anything. I was really hoping to see her face. Boo!!!! I get my next ultrasound at 28 weeks. I am feeling her flutter about in me sometimes, but nothing real definite yet.

Jenn
WitchMagpie
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby MidwestGirl » Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:57 pm

Good news! Our anatomy scan was today, and every tiny part of the baby looks just right! We're so very thankful! Also, we found out we're having a girl! My mom is going to feel so vindicated because she had a dream our baby would be a girl -- she swears she has some kind of grandma intuition. I don't mind at all because I think it's just her way of showing she's excited about this. My dad is also getting into the grandparent thing. He's been planning to re-landscape the back yard, and now he's saying, "This is where we'll put a play house or a sandbox." He won't come right out and say it, but in his own way, he's really excited, too.

Magpie - LOL about the "over the shoulder boulder holder!" Whatever works, I say. I'm glad they're watching you closely with your blood pressure; that's something you don't want to let get out of hand, for sure. I hope you're feeling alright and that the yoga is doing good things for mind and body.
Me: 36, low progesterone/ovulatory dysfunction
DH: 41, healthy
19 months TTC #1
IVF Oct/Nov 2012, BFP! DD born at 41 weeks 1 day
13 months TTC #2, 1 year break, then 2 more months TTC
FET Jan 2015, BFN
Freeze-all IVF May 2015, 2 snowbabies
FET July 2015, BFP but m/c at 5w1d :angel:
FET Sept 2015, BFN
IVF with fresh tfr Sept 2016, BFP, DS born at 41 weeks
MidwestGirl
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Emerald05 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:54 pm

Midwest - Congrats on great scan and havings a baby girl!!! So exciting. It's so fun to start planning everything out. And I always love when people try to guess gender. If they get it right they always say they just knew it. Everyone thought I was having a boy, so it was fun to be having a girl and prove them all wrong. :D

I can't believe you're back to rock climbing! I remember how amazing it was to back to using the ellliptical, but I don't think I'll be able to keep at it much longer. Good luck finding out about your job this week!

WitchMagpie - hopefully your blood pressure drops! My blood pressure and pulse are alwyas high when I get sick, so I really hope it's just that. We never really got to see our LOs face in the early u/s's but that was mostly because she like to shove her face into the side of my uterus and hide. In fact, we had a 3D u/s this week and she's STILL head down as far as she can go shoving her face into my pelvis and uterus. Made it hard to get good pics!

Also, I totally sympathize witht he weight gain! I'll be golden and not gain anything, and then POOF 3 lb over night. And I swear it's ALWAYS right before my appointment. :roll:

Boadiegirl - hope all is well and that your TSH levels have dropped to where they need to be.

Nicrye - I've been stalking you! FX for a good FET, and great job on the weight loss! FX AF starts soon so you can get your show on the road!

AFM - Nothing too crazy going on. Finished the nursery for the most part, and now it's just cleaning and organizing from here on out. Only 10 more weeks to go! Seems like just yesterday I was shoving needles into my stomach for IVF.
BFP 9/10/2012 @ 5dp5dt!
DD Born May 8th, 2013!

My Ovulation Chart
Emerald05
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Next

Return to IVF