May/June Cycle Part 2

Is in vitro fertilization helping you achieve your dream of parenthood? Discuss IVF, FET, donor egg and surrogacy here!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

May/June Cycle Part 2

Postby AnaH » Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:44 am

Hello and welcome ladies.

I have done a list so we can see where everyone is with their IVF/FET cycles and beyond. If I have missed anyone or got your info wrong I am sorry; please feel free to let me know.

*Nicrye: Pregnant with a girl*

*Val: Pregnant with a singleton*

*Jazzy: Pregnant with a girl*

*Jdf: Pregnant*

*Shew: Pregnant with a girl*

*MommyToOne: Pregnant*

*Ana: Pregnant*

*Menehune: August FET*

*DoubleH: August/September FET*

*Ash: July/August FET*

*Linds: October/November FET*

*Grrumple: August/September IVF*

*HanleyT: FET (date to be confirmed)*

*Neysacwg: Pregnant*
Last edited by AnaH on Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
Me: All tests normal DH: Perfect SA
Together: Unexplained infertility
October 2010 to July 2012- TTC with no assistance, all cycles BFN
July 2012 - Monitored Clomid cycle. Good response but still BFN
August -September 2012- First IVF cycle, finally a BFP. Identical twin girls
December 2012 - Lost the twins at 16 weeks and 5 days
March-April 2013 - First FET, BFN
May-June 2013 - Second IVF cycle - BFP but, sadly, a blighted ovum. D&C 8w3d
October-November 2013 - Third IVF cycle - BFP

http://inmygardengrow.blogspot.co.uk
AnaH
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Re: May/June Cycle Part 2

Postby AnaH » Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:53 am

Hi Ladies, sorry for disappearing so suddenly but I’m back now. Hope everyone has been getting on well in my absence. Right, now to attempt some personals:

Shew: Congratulations on your great beta! Yay, yay, yay! I am so excited for your scan. I hope you are enjoying your pregnancy more now. You have your little girl snuggled up on board. Also, I didn’t think you would be offended (you seem far to reasonable); my second post was more a reflection on my own crazy incessant need to push down the negative feelings. Thank you for your response through, very sweet. Oh and, by the way, I adore the name Violet.

MommyToOne:
Great betas! Oh, I do hope you get your wish of twins. That is so exciting. I am so pleased to see that your pregnancy is progressing along nicely. Good luck with ultrasound – not long to go now.

DoubleH:
I was so sorry to read about your BFN. Aaggghhh….it just plain sucks.

Ash: I am thinking of you and hope you are enjoying yourself in Cape Cod. Many people have also said to me, not only after we lost the twins but also during the difficulties we are having with this pregnancy, that at least we have some frozen embryos. It is so strange that people can completely miss the point. Yes, obviously having frozen embryos is better than having no frozen embryos, but it doesn’t alleviate the frustration or take away the pain of the current situation. It is so hard to watch people get pregnant. I can’t count the number of times I have plummeted through my feelings when I hear of another friend pregnant just a few months after they told me they were trying. Some of my friends are on their second babies since I have been trying and it drives me nuts. I don’t know how to deal with it except, like you say, to just keep plugging along. My husband has so much faith that we will one day be blessed with a baby and that helps me in my times of despair.
As for surrogacy? It is such a tough question. I want a baby so incredibly badly. I need to see a pink round face, feel its little fingers curl round mine and to watch as the eyes go heavy after a particularly satisfying feed. I feel like I these things are more important to me now than anything I could ever have imagined. Have a baby or win the lottery? There would be no deliberation. How I will get there, I don’t know. But I also have an incredibly strong desire to be pregnant; not just for 17 weeks but the whole 9 months. I can’t really explain why it is so important to me but it is. I want to count the stretch marks, deal with the morning sickness, feel the kicks and see my baby developing inside me. I hanker after that magical moment when a red bundle of warm baby is placed in my arms in the delivery suite for the very first time, but if it was a choice between no baby or a baby through surrogacy? I just don’t know what I would do.

Triggergirl: Hello and welcome. Sorry to hear you are having a tough time. Any news?

Neysacwg: Hello and welcome. How are you doing? Have you peed on any more sticks lately? You are so right: ART is very bloody hard.

Linds: Sorry to hear about your terrible AF. I hope she is almost gone now. I have also heard really good things about the endo scratch. Good luck with your WTF appointment. I hope you get some answers. I will be looking forward to following along with your next FET.

Jdf: Hope you enjoy your vacation. Where are you going?

Menehune: 11 frosties? Yippeee! That’s bloody fantastic, Lady. Such a shame that you got OHSS and it must be frustrating to have to wait but I am sure it will be worth it in the end. I don’t know whether flying in the first trimester causes miscarriages. It seems unlikely that it is a significant risk as there are so many pregnant women who fly. I was supposed to be flying to Lisbon on Thursday and I had no worries about flying whilst pregnant but I guess I just hadn’t thought about it too much. Everyone I know who is pregnant just seems to carry on living their life as usual but, in general, they haven’t been through so much to get there. Good luck with your decision.

HanleyT: Good to see you again! Hope you are well and gearing up for your next steps.

Val and Jazzy: Any news from our pregnant ladies?

AFM: Ha! I almost posted without my update! It has been a properly horrendous week. As you know, I went to my GP to get a blood test because my tests were crazy and all over the place. My first hCG result came back at 81 and the second at 130. This was a doubling time of 75 hours. Not what the doctors like to see. Another test was done and came back at 568 (I think) with a doubling time of 45 hours. This was much better by 568 was still pretty low for my dates. My GP was concerned that the pregnancy could be ectopic and sent me to the early pregnancy assessment unit of my local hospital. They did a scan at 5w5d and found no evidence of pregnancy in my uterus (but they couldn’t’ find it anywhere else either). The did another beta and my hCG level was now 1189 (good news) with a doubling time of 45 hours. It all seemed to be much better, although I was classified as having a pregnancy of unknown location, and I was allowed to discharge myself from hospital. Unfortunately my bid for freedom was short lived. My next beta result came back at just 1980, with a doubling time of 70 hours. On Friday afternoon, I was asked to return to hospital as they were still worried that the pregnancy was ectopic. On Saturday morning they decided to perform a laparoscopy to determine if they could find the pregnancy in my tubes. I was very clear that I didn’t want them to touch my uterus and they agreed. The pictures from the laparoscopy were amazing! So unbelievably cool. Anyway, they didn’t find the pregnancy in either tube (good news) and I was allowed to go home last night.

So where are we now? I am still classified as having a pregnancy of unknown location. The doctor has said there are three possible outcomes.

1.The pregnancy is ectopic and very slow growing so unable to make much of an impression in my tubes.
2.The embryo is not developing correctly and will stop growing at which point I will either miscarry or will require a D&C.
3.I just have crazy abnormal hormone levels, the pregnancy is fine, it was just difficult to find the baby on the ultrasound scan and it will become visible soon.

Obviously, I am hoping for the third scenario to be true. I tried to get the doctor to say whether she thought a normal pregnancy was likely at the stage and all she would say is “it is still a possibility”. She was pretty neutral about it and refused to be drawn any further.

So what’s next? Well, I have another scan and blood test tomorrow. I will be 6w3d pregnant and the doctor said that, if there is any hope of a normal pregnancy, we really should see something. Now that I am being dealt with by the hospital I get my blood tests results within a few hours rather than a couple of days (so much better). I just have to wait, see and hope. I think I may have lost my mind sometime between Wednesday and Saturday morning but I am hoping that it turns up again soon.

AnaH
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby AnaH » Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:54 am

Ash: Just remembered, when I was deciding whether to do a natural or medicated FET for my previous cycle I did a lot of research. During which I came across a helpful cochrane review. I have copied the link below.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18254019

Enjoy.

AnaH
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby hanleyt » Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:21 am

Hi ladies, I've been waiting and waiting for what seems like forever. After last retrieval cycle I had some stubborn cysts so had to delay my 2nd retrieval cycle. I just had it and ended up with 2 blasts,a grade a and b. Disappointed for sure but trying to be positive. I have 2 day 3 embies from last retrieval. Will start BCP on day 1 expected next week. Never done an FET so I'm not sure how long it will take? I'm definitely losing patience with this process. Very anti-climactic to freeze everything after retrieval - TWICE!! :(.

Congrats to all the pregos!!!
Me (Tara) - 32, DH (Jon) - 35, TTC since Aug 2006
- :angel: m/c Nov 2007
- :angel: 13Apr09 ectopic - lost left tube; myomectomy for fibroids - May 2009
- IVF#1 - Dec 2009, IVF#2 April 2010 no transfer, no snowbabies
- IVF#3 - June 2010 - Transferred 3 embryos on 6/4/10, no snowbabies :angel: 7/13/10
BFP au naturale on 9/30/10 thanks to a relaxing trip to Mexico!

1st u/s - 10/19/10 - :hb: 125 bpm
2nd - 11/2/10 - :hb: 167 bpm
3rd - 11/17/10 - :hb: 162 bpm
1/17/11 - IT'S A BOY!!
5/25/11 - Healthy 9 lb, 6 oz baby boy

hanleyt
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby DoubleH » Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:44 am

Ana so good to hear your update. I am still praying that baby is right where it belongs and healthy!!

Hanley, by comparison FET's are relatively easy. As for how long they take, it all depends on how well your lining thickens up and also on whatever the lab's schedule is. It's nice to be able to plan in advance for when transfer day will be.

AFM, question for you all. We are headed to Yellowstone and Montana for my sister's wedding at the end of July. We would plan to hike in Yellowstone. Would you advise that we wait until after this trip to do our next transfer? I'm torn. I want to try again quickly and having the 2ww while traveling sounds great. I would be so distracted. But waiting until after and not having to bring along medicines and needles and not worrying about all the activity I would be doing sounds nice too. If it were you what would you do? Thanks for your help!
TTC #1 officially since 8/2010, unofficially since 2005.
Me (Heather) (32), PCOS & DH (32), low sperm count
Between 8/2010 and 6/2011 4 BFN IUI cycles
Nov & Dec 2011 IVF #1 - BFN
March 2012 FET #1 - 5w1d m/c
July 2012 IVF #2 - BFN
During this year-long break DH lost his job, found a new job in a different city, I found a job also, we moved, sold our house, bought a new house and moved out of the temporary tiny apartment we were staying in. Decided we were finally ready to try again in June.
June 2013 FET #2 - BFN
FET #3 - 3dt on Aug 30!
DoubleH
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Val38 » Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:30 am

Ana...I replied to your post on the other thread.....sending positive vibes your way!!!
IVF #1 12/2007=BFN
FET #1 2/2008= BFP Boy!!!
FET#2 2/2012= BFP Slow rising Beta(Methotrexate shot)
IVF #2 Finished BCP on 1/26 Had baseline and ultrasound 1/29 started Estradial and baby asprin 1/30.
4/1/13- transfer 1 blast 4BB
4/10/13- Beta #1 27 (not again)
4/12/13- Beta #2 18 (devastated)
FET # 3 lining and E2 are all ready for transfer. Starting PIO injections, medrol, doxy and prometrium on 5/11/13.
5/16/13- Transferred 2 Blast
5/21/13- Faint BFP at 5dpt and getting darker at everyday up until beta
5/27/13- 1st beta 434 @ 11dpt6dt
5/29/13 2nd beta 1083 @13dpt 6dt
6/7/13 1st scan...HR 104 one little bean!!! 3rd beta 17,322
6/17/13 2nd scan....HR 168!!

ImageMake a pregnancy ticker

Val38
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby jdf » Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:52 pm

Well ladies, I'm sad to say I think I am miscarrying. I was pretty crampy yesterday, chalked it up to the long car ride. Well I was in the water a lot today, and discovered I was bleeding when I got out. I don't know how long it was going on. It's been heavy bleeding, and I passed two large clots. It's only our first day of vacation and it's ruined. I'm devastated. I emailed the RE office, I'm not going to tell the parents until I know for sure. Hoping I cn get another beta done somehow. This absolutely sucks :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
ImageMake a pregnancy ticker

Me: old; DH: not as old
BFP on 12/24/08
M/C 5.5 weeks Jan 1st
BFP: 1/27/09:
My baby girl born at 42 weeks
BFP 8/28/10 @ 9 dpo
baby girl #2 born med free, in my CAR! @ 37w6d

Proud BFing, co-sleeping, babywearing, cloth diapering, part time working momma

And for my next trick....SURROGACY!!!
jdf
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Shew34 » Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:52 pm

Oh jdf - I'm so sorry, I hope you're wrong and everything is still ok. How far along are you? Can you go to an er to get an ultrasound done? Thoughts and prayers are with you! :hugs:

Ana - oh, I hope things are ok and baby is just hiding! Please let us know how things go tomorrow! Thoughts and prayers with you too!

Hanleyt - that is the worst to be delayed! It's like, haven't you waited long enough already???!!! My transfer was delayed a month because of very mild ohss, so frustrating. I hope the time flies for you!

Double H - not sure what to tell you. Again, I'm sure waiting would be so hard, but you may enjoy yourself more if you didn't have to do all the shots, etc. I went away between my stimming cycle and my frozen cycle, and I have to say that being med-free allowed me to be more relaxed, etc, but I also didn't have a choice. Just do what feels right to you.

MommyToOne - let us know how you're scan hours tomorrow! Can't wait to hear how many you've got on board!

Afm - yesterday I was plain exhausted and very nauseous. Today, a little crampy, but that's it. Ugh, the waiting is so hard! I just need constant reassurance. I'm praying tomorrow's beta is where it needs to be!
Trying for #2 since Jan 2012.
DH - 36
Me - 33
DD :baby: - 9/1/09
All RPL tests & chromosomes normal
IVF# 1 April/May/June 2013 - 5 genetically normal embies on ice!
FET 6/11/13 - transferred 1 embryo

:angel: - July 2008 5w4d
:angel: - Sept 2008 5w
:angel: - June 2012 10w
:angel: - Chemical Aug 2012 4w5d
:angel: - Ectopic September 2012
:angel: - Suspected ectopic Feb 2013
Shew34
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby neysacwg » Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:25 am

So... I think I am pregnant after all. On Friday we left town for a family reunion at a hotel and I "forgot" to pack any tests with me. I had pretty much given up and was thinking the positive tests from last week were just the HCG trigger working its way out of my system. I had tampons and ibuprofen ready, thinking AF would arrive for sure by Sunday night since my luteal phase is very predictable. I wasnt planning to test this morning, I was just going to go straight to the doc for my beta with my chin held high...but something told me to test. So I peed on an internet cheapie, thinking it would be stark white, but then a line appeared! Then I tried a drugstore test and got another line! Needless to say I am in total shock. I went in for my beta a few hours ago and am just waiting for confirmation. Fingers and toes crossed!

Ana - I experienced an ectopic late last year but it clearly manifested itself in my tube on the ultrasound. The fact that your lap was clear is a very good sign.

My thoughts are with all of you, hoping for quick results, smooth procedures and more BFPs for all of us!
Me (39) DH (42) DD (4)
TTC #2
June 2008 - laparoscopy, 1 tube non-functioning
August 2008 - conceived naturally
May 2009 - DD born at 42 weeks via c-section (8 lbs 12 oz)
June/July/Sept 2012 - 3 IUIs, 3rd resulted in ectopic
Dec 2012 - laproscopic surgery to remove ectopic and other tube
IVF #1 March 2013 - 14 eggs retrieved, 1 transferred (BFN), 7 frost babies
FET #1 April 2013 - cancelled (hormone levels not ideal)
FET #2 June 2013 - 2 frost babies transferred (4 remain)
7/1 - BFP! Beta #1 158
7/4 - Beta #2 554
7/8 - Beta #3 2425
7/15 - one tiny heartbeat!
neysacwg
Friend

Postby Shew34 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:35 am

Ney, that's great news!!! Let us know your beta results when you get them!

MommyToOne, how did it go today???

Jdf & Ana - any updates? Been thinking of you ladies!

Afm - beta went from 3,079 to 7,847 in 96 hours, a doubling time of 71 hours. Apparently over 1,200 it takes 72-96 hours to double, but I'm worried again, like what if it was higher and has dropped?? They left me a message saying they would see me next week for an ultrasound. I can absolutely not wait that long! If they don't let me in for an earlier ultrasound or another beta, I'm going to go to my regular OB or some random lab testing place. Ahhhhhhhh!
Trying for #2 since Jan 2012.
DH - 36
Me - 33
DD :baby: - 9/1/09
All RPL tests & chromosomes normal
IVF# 1 April/May/June 2013 - 5 genetically normal embies on ice!
FET 6/11/13 - transferred 1 embryo

:angel: - July 2008 5w4d
:angel: - Sept 2008 5w
:angel: - June 2012 10w
:angel: - Chemical Aug 2012 4w5d
:angel: - Ectopic September 2012
:angel: - Suspected ectopic Feb 2013
Shew34
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby AnaH » Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:07 pm

Very quick pop in.

Jdf: I am so sorry to hear your news. I am thinking of you and hope that everything is okay.

AFM: There was no evidence of a pregnancy in my uterus during the scan today. My hCG level has risen to 3250ish with a doubling time of 49 hours. The doctors are back to thinking it's ectopic. I have actually lost my mind now and I don't think it's coming back. They are going to monitor my hCG levels and see what happens. Does anyone know anything about pregnancy of unknown location?

I am thinking of you all and know how bloody tough this journey is. I will do a proper post with personals tomorrow.

AnaH
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby MommyToOne » Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:37 pm

Just a quick update...will do personals in a bit.

U/s went great. Measuring on track. And it's twins again.
Me - 29 DH - 31 DS - 9 DS2/DD - Almost 2
2 m/c, 3 REs, 6 Failed IUIs, 6 years TTC
Sept 2010 IVF #1 - BFP - M/C Nov. 2010
3/3/11 - FET #1
3/14/11 - 578!!
3/16/11 - 1297!!
3/22/11 - 1st u/s!! TWINS!!!
3/29/11 - :hb: :hb:
5/10/11 - Its a BOY and a GIRL!
6/11/13- FET #2
6/21/13 - 397!!
6/24/13 - 892!!
6/26/13 - 1911!
7/1/13 - First u/s! TWINS AGAIN!
7/9/13 - :hb: :hb:
It's a BOY and a GIRL AGAIN!!
MommyToOne
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby neysacwg » Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:11 pm

Twins x2 - wow- Congrats!!!!!!
Me (39) DH (42) DD (4)
TTC #2
June 2008 - laparoscopy, 1 tube non-functioning
August 2008 - conceived naturally
May 2009 - DD born at 42 weeks via c-section (8 lbs 12 oz)
June/July/Sept 2012 - 3 IUIs, 3rd resulted in ectopic
Dec 2012 - laproscopic surgery to remove ectopic and other tube
IVF #1 March 2013 - 14 eggs retrieved, 1 transferred (BFN), 7 frost babies
FET #1 April 2013 - cancelled (hormone levels not ideal)
FET #2 June 2013 - 2 frost babies transferred (4 remain)
7/1 - BFP! Beta #1 158
7/4 - Beta #2 554
7/8 - Beta #3 2425
7/15 - one tiny heartbeat!
neysacwg
Friend

Postby Grrumplestilskin » Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:43 pm

Thanks for remembering me :) We purchased a multiple cycle plan which includes three fresh and unlimited frozen transfers for a year. I have two poor and one fair quality frosties waiting in the wings for me, but I plan to continue on to a fresh -- as it will give me (hopefully) a better chance at success. I have my WTF follow-up meeting with my RE on Wednesday and we'll decide from their what changes (if any) to make and when to cycle again. If the changes are easy and short-term, I could start Lupron as early as July 15, which would put me at mid-august for my retrieval.

JDF and Ana: I'm so sorry. I've been there and there aren't words for it.
Grrumplestilskin
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby hanleyt » Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:39 am

JDF and Ana, I'm so sorry :(. I've had several m/c including an ectopic and they are terrible. Not only physically are they tough but emotionally it's enough to drive you crazy - am I? Am I not? Prayers to both of you.

Ana, My ectopic was in my left Fallopian tube and I lost the tube when they removed the embryo laparoscopically :(. I know the embryo can implant elsewhere, but it's not very common. It sounds like that maybe what's happening. The good news is, if it is not in your tube then you won't have to worry about your tube rupturing which can be very dangerous and is what almost happened in my case. Big hugs to you - it is one of the hardest things I've been through :(. So disappointing.

Mommytoone, congrats! Twins x 2, wow! Are you freaking out? LOL
Me (Tara) - 32, DH (Jon) - 35, TTC since Aug 2006
- :angel: m/c Nov 2007
- :angel: 13Apr09 ectopic - lost left tube; myomectomy for fibroids - May 2009
- IVF#1 - Dec 2009, IVF#2 April 2010 no transfer, no snowbabies
- IVF#3 - June 2010 - Transferred 3 embryos on 6/4/10, no snowbabies :angel: 7/13/10
BFP au naturale on 9/30/10 thanks to a relaxing trip to Mexico!

1st u/s - 10/19/10 - :hb: 125 bpm
2nd - 11/2/10 - :hb: 167 bpm
3rd - 11/17/10 - :hb: 162 bpm
1/17/11 - IT'S A BOY!!
5/25/11 - Healthy 9 lb, 6 oz baby boy

hanleyt
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Next

Return to IVF