May/June Cycle Part 2

Is in vitro fertilization helping you achieve your dream of parenthood? Discuss IVF, FET, donor egg and surrogacy here!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: May/June Cycle Part 2

Postby Shew34 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:03 am

Ana, she's beautiful!!! Thanks for sharing! How is everyone else? Ash, any updates?

Evvy is almost 7 months old, time is flying. I am thankful everyday for her. She loves her big sister and it's becoming such a little person!
Trying for #2 since Jan 2012.
DH - 36
Me - 33
DD :baby: - 9/1/09
All RPL tests & chromosomes normal
IVF# 1 April/May/June 2013 - 5 genetically normal embies on ice!
FET 6/11/13 - transferred 1 embryo

:angel: - July 2008 5w4d
:angel: - Sept 2008 5w
:angel: - June 2012 10w
:angel: - Chemical Aug 2012 4w5d
:angel: - Ectopic September 2012
:angel: - Suspected ectopic Feb 2013
Shew34
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby AnaH » Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:14 am

I am so glad to hear that Evvy is doing well, Shew. 7 months!! I can't believe it has been so long.
Me: All tests normal DH: Perfect SA
Together: Unexplained infertility
October 2010 to July 2012- TTC with no assistance, all cycles BFN
July 2012 - Monitored Clomid cycle. Good response but still BFN
August -September 2012- First IVF cycle, finally a BFP. Identical twin girls
December 2012 - Lost the twins at 16 weeks and 5 days
March-April 2013 - First FET, BFN
May-June 2013 - Second IVF cycle - BFP but, sadly, a blighted ovum. D&C 8w3d
October-November 2013 - Third IVF cycle - BFP

http://inmygardengrow.blogspot.co.uk
AnaH
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Ash26 » Wed Sep 24, 2014 5:04 pm

Ana- Sadie is adorable!

Shew- Wow 7 months already. time flies!

Nope no updates for me. One day at a time. Maybe eventually I will be able to share some good news. I hardly check in here anymore. I am just trying to keep to myself and let life lead me where it takes me. I've done a few IUI cycles........all great responses, but no luck.

I will be sure to update if I have good news one day.
I think of you all often!
Ash26
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Menehune » Fri Dec 26, 2014 4:01 pm

Ash - how are you doing? Any updates? I think about you and the rest of these wonderful and supportive ladies often.

Ana - how's Sadie doing? She's absolutely adorable!

Shew - how are you doing?

EOE - how are you? Hope all is well!

AFM - baby boy and girl are almost 9 months and doing great! They are starting daycare and I'm going back to work after the new year. It has been wonderful to be at home with them. The first three months were difficult but now they play together and laugh. I often recall how much and how long we struggled with infertility and I am thankful for you ladies as a support group.

I hope that the new year brings joy to you all! Happy holidays!!

- M
Me - 36 (PCOS/Endo/polyps), Him - 37
TTC #1 since Jan 2009
MM/C Apr 2010 @ 5wks
Clomid only Sept-Nov 2010
Clomid/IUI Feb-Mar 2011
Acupuncture 2011
IUI #3 Oct 2012
Started Metformin for PCOS
Clomid/IUI #4 Nov 2012
Laparascopy/Hysteroscopy/D&C Dec 2012 - Endo removed from both ovaries and bladder, uterine polyps removed
Clomid/IUI Jan-Mar 2013
Mar 2013 - Acupuncture to prep for IVF
Hysteroscopy/Endo scratch/polyps removed May 2013
IVF #1 June 2013, Long lupron, follistim/menopur, 30 eggs retrieved, 27 mature, 15 fertilized, 11 5-day blasts, freeze all due to OHSS
8/23/13 FET 3x5-day blasts transferred, BFP 6dp5dt, betas 380 @ 10dp5dt, 810 @ 12dp5dt, 38,185 @ 22dp5dt, U/S 9/26 Twins!
The twins arrived at 34 weeks, baby boy spent 2 weeks in NICU, baby girl spent 3 weeks in NICU
Menehune
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby AnaH » Tue Dec 30, 2014 3:50 am

Hi Menehune, it's so great to hear from you. I can't believe your twins are 9 months old already. How are you feeling
about going back to work? Just thinking about leaving
Sadie all day makes me nervous. I agree the first three months of parenthood are tough but it does seem to get a bit easier.

Ash, I am really hoping 2015 is your year. I hope you are well and I would love to hear how you are getting on.

Shew, hope baby Evvy is doing well.

To any of the other ladies that might pop by, I hope you are all well and it would be lovely to hear some updates.

Yesterday I went back through our old posts. It was such an eye opener. It is amazing how quickly you forget. It was a good exercise to remember how difficult it was and everything we all went through. The failed cycles, the miscarriages and the heartbreak. I am so thankful that I have Sadie. There were some dark days where I really never thought it would happen. It is unbelievable how quickly life can change.

More and more now I think about the seven little embryos sitting in liquid nitrogen somewhere in London. Will I ever go back to them? Could I go through it again? Will it just be Sadie, my husband and me? Who knows. I am grateful they are there, just in case.

Sadie is doing well and is utterly adorable. She is an absolute monkey and I love her more than I knew was possible. 2014 was definitely the best year of my life and if 2015 is only half as good it will still be amazing.

Happy new year to you all.

xxx

AnaH
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Ash26 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:40 pm

Hi ladies- Thanks for still thinking of me.

Unfortunately I don't have much of an update. I'm still not pregnant and there are still no answers as to why I cannot get pregnant. We have done several rounds of iui with injectables and had great responses, but never got pregnant.

We have sought out 4 different opinions. They have all said they cannot understand, but IVF should work. The only issue with that is I only have one try left with my insurance and I cannot afford it on my own. Soooo I haven't felt comfortable with any of the doctors and their "lets try this" attitude, so I went back to my original doctor. She knows and understands my frustration and if I were to do IVF, she's the only one I would do it with. She also understands my insurance/financial constraints, and has gifted me an IVF cycle. I cried my eyes out in her office. She said "its not about the money, its about the gift of life."

Soooo thats the plan. Back to IVF, but here's the catch- we would do PGD testing to ensure we only put in embryos that have a good chance of making it. I'm excited and also scared. Scared that my body will fail again and also scared that we won't have any good embryos (which will explain why I cannot get pregnant). I'm scared to find that out, but also feel like it will be closure even if its not the answer I want.

We were supposed to start this IVF with PGD cycle at the end of January, but I started a new job. There was no way I could start IVF and a new job at the same time. It wasn't an easy decision to put things on hold again for a new job, but I could not turn down the job offer.
So the new plan is to start IVF at the end of March. We will be doing the PGD testing, which means we will freeze the embryos and hopefully if we have good embryos we can do the transfer over the summer (I'm working in a school now so have summers off).

So thats the update. I hope you ladies are doing well. I still think of you often and cannot believe how quickly time passes.
Ash26
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby AnaH » Mon Feb 16, 2015 2:22 pm

Hi Ash,

It is great to see an update from you. I will be thinking I'd you when March comes. If you post on the boards I will definitely be stalking. I do hope this time is your time.

Sadie is doing well and has started crawling. I spend my days just trying to keep up with her.

Sending all my love

A

xxx

AnaH
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Menehune » Fri Jul 24, 2015 10:01 pm

Ash, how are you? I think about you and your journey and hope to hear amazing news.

How's everyone else? It's been a very long while.

We are doing well. The twins are nearly 16 months, walking, trying to talk, and just fun. We've "pulled the keeper" to see if anything can happen "the normal way" but no luck. I'm just starting to look into our insurance coverage and new docs, but haven't decided to pull the trigger.

It got me thinking of all of you, the journeys we share. I hope you are all well and happy! Hugs to you all!
-M
TTC #1 since Jan 2009
MM/C Apr 2010 @ 5wks
Clomid/IUI Feb-Mar 2011
Acupuncture 2011
IUI #3 Oct 2012
Clomid/IUI #4 Nov 2012
Laparascopy/Hysteroscopy/D&C Dec 2012 - Endo removed from both ovaries and bladder, uterine polyps removed
Clomid/IUI Jan-Mar 2013
IVF #1 June 2013, Long lupron, follistim/menopur, 30 eggs retrieved, 27 mature, 15 fertilized, 11 5-day blasts, freeze all due to OHSS
8/23/13 FET 3x5-day blasts transferred, BFP 6dp5dt, betas 380 @ 10dp5dt, 810 @ 12dp5dt, 38,185 @ 22dp5dt, U/S 9/26 Twins!
The twins arrived at 34 weeks, baby boy spent 2 weeks in NICU, baby girl spent 3 weeks in NICU
Menehune
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Ash26 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:14 pm

Hi all!

Menehune- So great to hear the little ones are well. 16 months already! Wow! Hope things happen the "normal" way for you while you sort things out with insurance and doctors.

Soooo we have an answer. After 4 years, finally an answer. So with the cycle that my doctor gifted us, we chose to do PGD testing to ensure that we were only putting back embryos that had a good chance of taking. We started the cycle in March, but cancelled after 12 days of stims and no response. I only had one follicle growing, so it wasn't worth going through with the cycle. After the cancelled cycle we had to rest because I had a cyst. We were finally able to re-start the cycle in June/July. We retrieved 9 eggs, but only 4 were mature. All 4 fertilized, but only 1 made it to day 5. We did PGD testing on the 1, but it was abnormal. Which led to the answer that it is in fact my eggs that are the problem.

So there it is- the answer that I did not want to hear, but all along felt like I already knew. Even though I had a good idea, its still crushing news- to know that I probably cannot conceive my own child no matter how hard I try. We were given the options of continuing ivf with pdg (while knowing financially, physically and emotionally there may never be a reward), egg donor, or adoption.
DH and I have discussed the options and decided that continuing IVF is not for us right now. We have discussed using an egg donor and are looking down that avenue. Hopefully one day I can be the mother I have always wanted to be.
Ash26
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Ash26 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 8:02 am

Hi all- not sure if anyone still checks in, but wanted to post a quick update!
I'm pregnant!!! And its twins!!!! Things are still very early (6weeks) but things are progressing nicely so far. Both have strong heartbeats and are measuring perfectly. So hopefully in September I will have some more good news to share.

After the years of struggle, we finally chose to go the egg donor route. Although nervous about making that decision, it now seems like a distant memory. Things could not have gone better with the donor cycle. We transferred 2 healthy blasts on day 5, and both took. We were also able to freeze one excellent quality blast for future use.

Hope you all are doing well!
Ash26
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby AnaH » Fri Feb 26, 2016 4:01 pm

Hi Ash!
I haven't been on here in ages, possibly over a year. I am so pleased to see your update. Congratulations!! It's the best news ever. I hope everything is going well. I am absolutely thrilled. I have thought of everyone here often, and you in particular. It's absolutely wonderful. I will definitely check in regularly to see if your posting some updates.
I hope everyone else is well. I would love to see how you all are doing.
Things here are good. Sadie runs me ragged most of the time. She's a real cutie. We'd love another but we'll see.
Ash, once again, just totally fantastic news. Congratulations! xxx

AnaH
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Menehune » Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:50 pm

Ash!!!! Omg omg omg!!! Congrats! How's everything going? How are u feeling! I haven't been checking in, but I am soooo happy for you! Pls keep us updated!

Twins are a double blessing!

Hugs to you and all the rest of the gals!

-M
TTC #1 since Jan 2009
MM/C Apr 2010 @ 5wks
Clomid/IUI Feb-Mar 2011
Acupuncture 2011
IUI #3 Oct 2012
Clomid/IUI #4 Nov 2012
Clomid/IUI Jan-Mar 2013
Menehune
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Ash26 » Mon May 02, 2016 9:40 am

Hi ladies- Just thought I'd give you all a quick update......

I'm now just about 18 weeks with the twins! Crazy to think this is about the 1/2 mark for me. We found out at my 16 week scan that its a BOY and a GIRl.....we are over the moon thrilled to be having one of each. There's really nothing more we could have asked for!

So far the pregnancy is going well. Had some all day every day nausea up until week 14, but since then it has been smooth sailing. We have been busy registering and planning a baby shower.

Hope you are all doing well.
Ash26
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Menehune » Sat May 21, 2016 12:00 pm

Ash,

Congrats!!! So wonderful to see your update! So fun to have one of each! Glad to hear you are doing well. Keep baking those babes and take it easy!

Our twins are now two and crazy, but fun! We are enjoying the madness.

Best wishes to all,
M
TTC #1 since Jan 2009
MM/C Apr 2010 @ 5wks
Clomid/IUI Feb-Mar 2011
Acupuncture 2011
IUI #3 Oct 2012
Clomid/IUI #4 Nov 2012
Clomid/IUI Jan-Mar 2013
Menehune
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Jodie5656 » Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:29 pm

Hi just wandering if anyone is starting ivf end of June July 2016
Jodie5656

PreviousNext

Return to IVF