IVF Abroad?

Is in vitro fertilization helping you achieve your dream of parenthood? Discuss IVF, FET, donor egg and surrogacy here!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

IVF Abroad?

Postby eribear » Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:01 am

Have any of you ladies done any serious research into IVF Abroad? I started reading up yesterday on IVF Barbados, Cancun and in the Czech Republic, but can't find too many details....
Proud mommy of twins xoxo
eribear
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Re: IVF Abroad?

Postby williamsbaby1 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:11 pm

Erinear, I happen to come across such website a couple of months ago. Unfortunately, as you already said there wasn't enough or enough detailed information listed. And it just so happens I love my RE and his staff of nurses and assistants etc
May I ask who you are seeing for IVF?
All our babies have become angels now!!

williamsbaby1
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby eribear » Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:11 am

We have an RE. I wasn't impressed with their SART rates, but those are from 2011. They haven't received our diagnosis yet, but our first SA showed low count and low morphology. They're making DH do a re-test tomorrow. I've also had some billing issues with them so in looking for alternatives (another clinic in town or one in an area we visit often), I came across IVF Vacations. The success rates seem so much higher and the cost is so much more reasonable (not to mention the nice vacation aspect).
eribear
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Adventurer » Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:16 pm

This is just my humble opinion, but I would be cautious with medical vacations. Before deciding to do this, I would contact SART and ask them how to intrepret success data. Statistics are very easily manipulated (how they are reported) and can depend on the wording, eg. % of pregancies (?chemical ?clinical) vs. % live births. What is the composite of their patient population (eg. are most patients under the age of 35 with blocked tubes (otherwise no fertility issues) and no male factor or mainly over age 35 with DOR) and finally what are their complication rates (any severe OHSS requiring hospitalization)? Multiples rates?

I myself find it hard enough to interpret the SART clinical summary data. The denominator often changes and you have to be careful how you read the numbers. Just a word of caution but if you do find a great clinic abroad then go for it!
Me - 41
DF - 35
AMH 23.8 pmol/L
Supplements: Ubiquinol 600 mg, Folate, vit D3, vit C, vit E, vit B6, Omega-3, royal jelly, L-Arginine, Chinese herbs
Acupuncture: 2x/week
IUI #1 (1/14): Femara 12.5 mg CD3-7, 3 follies, BFN
IVF #1 (2/14): 7 eggs - 5 fertilized with ICSI - 4 blasts biopsied for PGS/4 snowbabies - 1 abnormal, 3 no result
IVF #2: (4/14) 19 eggs - 13 fertilized with ICSI, 5 blasts/snowbabies
IVF #3: (6/14) 16 eggs - 10 fertilized with ICSI, 4 blasts/snowbabies
IVF #4: (8/14) 33 eggs - 27 mature - 22 fertilized with ICSI, 2 day 5 blasts transferred - BFN, 10 snowbabies, 4 remaining PGS normals
FET #1: (11/14) single embryo transfer - :bfp: at 5dp5dt
Beta #1 at 8dp5dt 134
Beta #2 at 10dp5dt 383
Beta #3 at 12dp5dt 955
Adventurer
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby eribear » Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:10 pm

Thanks, Adventurer!
eribear
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby CarolinaLJ » Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:25 pm

I actually have a very good experience with a clinic abroad. I was trying to become pregnant for a very long time and at the end I found out that I have bad quality eggs. I started researching the options, but for us it is too expensive to have egg donated in the UK. A friend of my mum went for this procedure to Prague to a clinic called Gynem and was very satisfied with the approach and especially with the outcome :) I decided to try this clinic too. I know that people think that the health care in East European countries cannot match the British standard, but I disagree, or rather say the oppposite! I was taken care of from A-Z and everybody on the clinic was very helpful. And the result? I am pregnant! So far I am not taking it too well (sickness, cramps etc.) but very happy and excited that we are expecting our long-awaited baby!
CarolinaLJ
Friend

Postby incubator » Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:39 pm

I traveled from the US to the Reprofit clinic in Brno CZ. I had an h amazing experience and now have a two month old son after 9 years ttc. We didn't use traditional IVF though. We participated in their embryo adoption program. It still involved IVF and I did my research. I'm a nurse so I'm a bit picky. They are members of the European association of obstetrics and gynecology and have similar standards as the US. Their clinic is modern (inside an ollld building...Europe :-)) and well equipped. Their prices can't be beat by anything here. I highly recommend them. I also know another woman in the states who did this and her baby is exactly one week older than mine :-).
Good luck!
Dh & I 29
Ttc 7 1/2 years! Numerous treatments (except ivf)
2 m/c, 2 cp, and lost my sweet little boy at 31 weeks Dec. 2005
Going to the Czeck Republic for our adopted embryos!
FET Sept. 17th!
9/21/13 BFP!!!! 4dp6dtImage
incubator
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby lauralo » Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:21 am

CarolinaLJ wrote:... I know that people think that the health care in East European countries cannot match the British standard, but I disagree, or rather say the oppposite! I was taken care of from A-Z and everybody on the clinic was very helpful. And the result? I am pregnant! So far I am not taking it too well (sickness, cramps etc.) but very happy and excited that we are expecting our long-awaited baby!

Clinics East European countries (Czech Rep, Poland) do ivf procedures at the same standard as in UK or US, offering lower prices. Time to change stereotypes and research better.
lauralo

Postby Danaa » Sun Aug 30, 2015 8:21 am

Hello ladies,same as you I'm thinking about having ivf,im a romanian lady living in Athens Greece and I want to tell you that Romania and Athens have some of the best ivf clinics,I don't know how things are in USA or UK but I think the clinics where I have been are pretty good equipped and great personal,ivf serum is one I have been in contact in Athens and Wellborn hospital in Bucharest is the clinic where I had some procedures done.The cost for ivf at both of the clinics is around 5k euros.I hope my info are helpful.
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
Short Protocol with Bemfola and Cetrotide
19mature eggs and we have 9 day5 blasto.
FET#1 ended in a loss around 5 weeks
FET#2 ended in a loss at 22w due to IC,my boys will be forever in my heart .
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby ssbarnes » Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:19 pm

We were traveling abroad for holiday and met with an RE who was well respected internationally. We brought our records with us for a consult. He actually said that if we were looking to go abroad, the best research and technique are coming out of Spain right now.

We spoke with our RE at home and he also said that Spain is on top of their game. Having lived in Spain, and being familiar with the medical system, I found it hard to believe. However, both IVI in Valencia and Ginemed in Sevilla are both excellent clinics with great science, reasonable prices, honest assessments and caring staff.

We chose to go with Ginemed since I preferred being in Sevilla to Valencia. We turned the trip in to a vacation. We spent 1/2 of what a cycle would cost in the US and that includes being in Spain for 2 weeks!

Highly recommend that you do your own research, but this is what we chose: http://www.ginemed.co.uk/
Me: 42 & DH: 50
Dx: Unexplained
TTC 34 mos
12/12 - Natural Cycle BFP --> m/c :angel:
4/14 - OI + IUI = :bfn:
5/14 - IVF #1 - Antagonist w/ AH = 5 in the oven & 1 in the freezer --> m/c :angel:
7/14 - IVF #2 - Atagonist w/ AH - 21eggs --> 14 fertilized --> 5 8-cell tranx & 3 snowbabies = :bfn:
10/14 - IVF #3 - Frozen cycle --> :bfn:
5/15 - IVF #4 - 3 embryos --> :bfn:
8/15 - IVF #5 - 3 embryos and 2 snowbabies = :bfp:
ssbarnes
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby jasminecolland002 » Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:30 pm

Good Read! I have read all your post guys and I just think of my sister. She's has this schedule by the end of the month for an IVF treatment in India. Since you have mentioned about medical traveling, do you think it is more okay to have the treatment done in India??? My sister is currently in Nigeria so I think that's the reason why she choose India. If anyone here already had it done there please share your experience I am just worried for my sister. She will have her treatment to this Ivf doctor named Dr. Biswa Bhusan Dash anyone heard of him and also this company named PlacidWay they were the one who referred my sister to that Doctor.
jasminecolland002

Postby dbliz » Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:07 am

Danaa wrote:Hello ladies,same as you I'm thinking about having ivf,im a romanian lady living in Athens Greece and I want to tell you that Romania and Athens have some of the best ivf clinics,I don't know how things are in USA or UK but I think the clinics where I have been are pretty good equipped and great personal,ivf serum is one I have been in contact in Athens and Wellborn hospital in Bucharest is the clinic where I had some procedures done.The cost for ivf at both of the clinics is around 5k euros.I hope my info are helpful.

Hi Danaa - Which location are you going to try IVF? Please keep me posted! I have family in Greece and my one cousin keeps telling me to come and do IVF there if I have to result to that. She said they have great IVF clinics there. 5K euros is def cheaper than the 12K US dollars!!
TTC #1 Together (DH has a son 13 yo)
Me: 34
DH: 39
TTC since July 2014
Short cycles 24-26 days
July 2015 DH SA 85.5 Mil, 52% Motility, 9% Morph
August 2015 Me HSG- tubes clear, first CD 3 baseline blood work and ultra sound - all normal, possible elevated FSH 10.3
August cycle no ovulation detected
09/15-07/15 - 7 rounds of clomid 50mg - 100mg timed BD and 2 IUI attempts
Taking a break
09/16 - Gonal f + IUI in progress....
http://FertilityFriend.com/home/5e13c0/
dbliz
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Danaa » Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:22 am

I was really impressed by ivfserum.com and I read great reviews about it.At the moment I'm trying to convince my husband to get ivf,once he is on board and we choose a clinic I will keep you posted,but 80% I will choose ivfserum.
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
Short Protocol with Bemfola and Cetrotide
19mature eggs and we have 9 day5 blasto.
FET#1 ended in a loss around 5 weeks
FET#2 ended in a loss at 22w due to IC,my boys will be forever in my heart .
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby snowblack3 » Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:43 am

if you would like to compare clinics, their success rate or prices, here is fertility clinics review (eggdonationfriends (dot)com) If smb needs more add info it is simple to make parallel
snowblack3

Postby ssbarnes » Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:42 am

We were told by doctors here in the US and abroad that Spain was really on the cutting edge of IVF research. We investigated 2 clinics. IVI in Valencia and Ginemed in Sevilla. We had an amazing experience (and a BFP). We have no regrets at all. We added a 2 week vacation to the trip and still spend less than 1/2 what it cost at home. If you want more info, you can PM me.
Me: 42 & DH: 50
Dx: Unexplained
TTC 34 mos
12/12 - Natural Cycle BFP --> m/c :angel:
4/14 - OI + IUI = :bfn:
5/14 - IVF #1 - Antagonist w/ AH = 5 in the oven & 1 in the freezer --> m/c :angel:
7/14 - IVF #2 - Atagonist w/ AH - 21eggs --> 14 fertilized --> 5 8-cell tranx & 3 snowbabies = :bfn:
10/14 - IVF #3 - Frozen cycle --> :bfn:
5/15 - IVF #4 - 3 embryos --> :bfn:
8/15 - IVF #5 - 3 embryos and 2 snowbabies = :bfp:
ssbarnes
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Return to IVF