IVF with PGD (pre implantation genetic diagnosis)

Is in vitro fertilization helping you achieve your dream of parenthood? Discuss IVF, FET, donor egg and surrogacy here!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: IVF with PGD (pre implantation genetic diagnosis)

Postby Annisa72 » Fri May 23, 2014 8:25 pm

All, how are your betas? Fx they are climbing!
Me 41, adenomyosis, endometriosis, blocked left Fallopian tube
DH 39, no problems
TTC since August 2012
Lap March 2013, polyp removed
HSG August 2013, confirmed left tube blocked
Ivf#1; stimulated cycle Oct 2013, fresh embryo transfer, BFN, 2 embies frozen
Naturally occurring BFP 01/01/14, chemical pregnancy
FET Jan '14, BFN
FET Feb '14, BFN
Ivf#2; April 2014, 5 blastocysts, 1 CGH normal embryo transferred June 2014, biochemical miscarriage
Ivf#3; September 2014, one blast sent for CGH testing, abnormal
Ivf#4; November 2014, 7 eggs fertilised.....
Annisa72
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby AllontheTable » Sat May 24, 2014 12:23 pm

Hi Annisa!

Thank you for thinking of me.. My second beta was 654 so we're still on track!
I have another one coming up this week.

Did something so stupid and almost gave myself an anxiety attack.
My girlfriend set up a massage and facial for us yesterday. I had no
idea she told them deep tissue massage. So I go through
it thinking if she goes anywhere she shouldn't I'll just tell her. I got through it ok. But then after, I looked online to see if it was ok and got conflicting reports. I was also having a lot of cramping yesterday so I was freaked out!! :omg:

Thank God everything is ok! It's so easy to read up on things and let other people's opinions scare you. But in reality... Our parents didn't have the internet. They simply didn't drink or do drugs and continued on with life and we're all here so... Just trying to keep that in mind.
AllontheTable
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Adventurer » Sat May 24, 2014 1:17 pm

I'm glad that everything is going great with your pregnancy! I'm sure that the massage didn't do any damage. Like you said, you didn't let her go anywhere she shouldn't. Besides a good bean like yours will hold on real tight! :)
Me - 41
DF - 35
AMH 23.8 pmol/L
Supplements: Ubiquinol 600 mg, Folate, vit D3, vit C, vit E, vit B6, Omega-3, royal jelly, L-Arginine, Chinese herbs
Acupuncture: 2x/week
IUI #1 (1/14): Femara 12.5 mg CD3-7, 3 follies, BFN
IVF #1 (2/14): 7 eggs - 5 fertilized with ICSI - 4 blasts biopsied for PGS/4 snowbabies - 1 abnormal, 3 no result
IVF #2: (4/14) 19 eggs - 13 fertilized with ICSI, 5 blasts/snowbabies
IVF #3: (6/14) 16 eggs - 10 fertilized with ICSI, 4 blasts/snowbabies
IVF #4: (8/14) 33 eggs - 27 mature - 22 fertilized with ICSI, 2 day 5 blasts transferred - BFN, 10 snowbabies, 4 remaining PGS normals
FET #1: (11/14) single embryo transfer - :bfp: at 5dp5dt
Beta #1 at 8dp5dt 134
Beta #2 at 10dp5dt 383
Beta #3 at 12dp5dt 955
Adventurer
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Annisa72 » Tue May 27, 2014 10:13 pm

All, know what you mean about the internet and getting worried about every little thing. ivf sends us around the twist a bit! And you're right, our parents knew none of this! Having said that, my mother had me at 23 and I will be almost 20 years older than her when/if I have my baby. Scary thought!
So how is your beta this week?

Adventurer, I caught up with your news on the other thread. WOW you must be sick of this misinformation!

AFM, bloods today revealed af is less than a week away........ then we begin!
DH 39, no problems
TTC since August 2012
FET Jan '14, BFN
FET Feb '14, BFN
Ivf#2; April 2014, 5 blastocysts, 1 CGH normal embryo transferred June 2014, biochemical miscarriage
Annisa72
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Adventurer » Wed May 28, 2014 5:59 am

annisa: apparently, I spoke with one of my embryologists and she got her info from the Lab Director of Genesis so it looks like my no result does mean abnormal after all. I'm trying to contact genesis but they are now being even more uncooperative. I'm so confused. The counsellor states one thing but but now I find out my embryologist spoke to the Lab Director! Ugh, I hate this...

all: hope all continues to be well lol

annisa: hope AF shows for you soon!
Me - 41
DF - 35
AMH 23.8 pmol/L
Supplements: Ubiquinol 600 mg, Folate, vit D3, vit C, vit E, vit B6, Omega-3, royal jelly, L-Arginine, Chinese herbs
IVF #1 (2/14): 7 eggs - 5 fertilized with ICSI - 4 blasts biopsied for PGS/4 snowbabies - 1 abnormal, 3 no result
IVF #4: (8/14) 33 eggs - 27 mature - 22 fertilized with ICSI, 2 day 5 blasts transferred - BFN, 10 snowbabies, 4 remaining PGS normals
Beta #1 at 8dp5dt 134
Beta #2 at 10dp5dt 383
Beta #3 at 12dp5dt 955
Adventurer
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby AllontheTable » Wed May 28, 2014 12:16 pm

Hi Ladies!

My goodness Adventurer!! So sorry you have to go through all of this. I hope they stop giving you the run around soon.. Seems like nobody wants to step up and give you the answers you deserve. Even if it's not what you want to hear, at least having a sure answer could give you closure on the situation. Kup!

Annisa omg!! Your time is coming!! So excited for you! Make sure you have plenty to do those couple weeks until O. That was the absolute worst part for me. I had no patience lol .. Almost got depressed waiting but it was all worth it! In just a few weeks you will be pupo!! Wooohooo!!! :babydustg:

AFM.. Had another beta and it was 3012. :) Thank God! Idk why I let those beta days mess with me so much. But I'm so happy to be past that part. Later this week I'll have my first U/S and I cannot wait! It'll prob be too early for a heart beat but at least I'll get see my little bean. :baby:

So far, I've been extremely lucky in the symptoms dept. Sore BB's which I don't mind at all because they're looking real nice these days :rofl:
And not too much else.. I get winded easily and get hot really fast. Almost passed out at the grocery so I know not to do too much at a time. I'm sure morning sickness is on it's way at some point. Trying to enjoy this while I can.
AllontheTable
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Adventurer » Wed May 28, 2014 2:39 pm

All: Yay - so happy for you and your bean!!! :D

Annisa - now joining you in the wait for AF! Yours should come way before mine though.

AFM - FINALLY! I have this 'no result' issue resolved! I spoke to none other than the Lab Director of Genesis, Dr. Kitchen and he kindly confirmed that they are true no result embryos as in 'they don't know'. I don't know if I updated here or not but yesterday I finally had a telephone convo with the embryologist at my Clinic who did our PGS biopsies and who told RE that 'no result' meant complex abnormal. She claimed to have spoken to the "Lab Manager" at Genesis who told her that 'no result' meant very abnormal in my case. Dr. Kitchen stated that he did not have any such conversation with anyone and that after enquiring, couldn't determine who in the Lab our embryologist has spoken to! As you can probably tell, I am tremendously relieved having finally closed the chapter on the 'no result' thing. Dr. Kitchen kindly wrote an email to the Lab Director at my Clinic stating the findings and clarification. WHEW!
Me - 41
DF - 35
AMH 23.8 pmol/L
Beta #1 at 8dp5dt 134
Beta #2 at 10dp5dt 383
Beta #3 at 12dp5dt 955
Adventurer
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Annisa72 » Wed May 28, 2014 9:26 pm

Yay All! Super beta for you! Enjoy these early pregnancy days! Can't wait to be right there with you.

Adventurer, it's great you got the info straight. I was just wondering how you will choose which embryos to transfer first? You will have lots to choose from after 4 cycles. And would you transfer multiples? I know there is a lady on the other forum who transferred 5 at day 3 and I know she followed US guidelines. What would you do?

AFM, killer af pains but no actual af! GRRRR. I know what you mean All, about the waiting almost causing depression! I am very anxious indeed! Gonna go ride my bike to burn off steam.
DH 39, no problems
TTC since August 2012
FET Jan '14, BFN
FET Feb '14, BFN
Annisa72
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby AllontheTable » Thu May 29, 2014 2:33 pm

Thank you girls so much for your positivity! It means a lot! The only other person who knows right now is my husband. So it's nice to share my excitement with those who understand lol..

Adventurer so glad you finally got some answers!! Now you can peacefully move ahead. I bet you taught them something about proper communication in the process lol I'm also wondering how will choose the embryos and how many you'll transfer at a time. Also, is this another freeze cycle for you? Or are you transferring this time?

Annisa so funny we can't stand af any other time, now we're anxiously awaiting her appearance haha!! Take advantage of that bike while you can sister! Sure wish I could do the same! I really miss yoga. Even though she said it's ok if I stay away from certain poses but she would like me to wait until after 6 weeks at least. The husband says 12 weeks so we'll see..

Not trying to get you girls all riled up but I can't wait for your transfers!! :)
I'm so excited for you both! And I love bfp's! Mine & everyone else's. :rofl:
AllontheTable
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Adventurer » Fri May 30, 2014 1:09 pm

Hi ladies!

In answer to your questions about transfer, we will likely be transferring our non-PGS blasts first and if they do not work, then we will go to the PGS ones. But really we're not sure at this point. We are planning only single transfers so far. I will be doing intralipids each frozen transfer so that *I think* means that only one can be transferred. We haven't had the transfer discussion with RE yet so we'll see. This June cycle is still going to be freeze all cycle since we're hoping to do a cycle with Dr. Sher.

All: About the yoga, I can understand your husband's thinking. I'd play it safe too! In fact, I'd say 14 weeks lol. After all we've been through, I'd be paranoid but that's just scaredy-cat me...

Annisa: hoping AF shows soon! Are you pains improving at least?
Me - 41
DF - 35
AMH 23.8 pmol/L
Beta #1 at 8dp5dt 134
Beta #2 at 10dp5dt 383
Beta #3 at 12dp5dt 955
Adventurer
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby AllontheTable » Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:21 pm

Hello ladies!

Just checking in to see how everyone is coming along..

I'm doing well over here, had an U/S but it was just to make sure everything was in the right place. I'll go back in another week to see the heart beat and everything else.

Hope your all feeling great mentally and physically :kiss:
AllontheTable
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Annisa72 » Thu Jun 05, 2014 1:50 am

Hi All, So great your ultrasound went well. I start blood work for pinpointing ovulation next Monday. I am feeling quite overwhelmed because we only have this one embryo. So the pressure in on. I really don't know how I will cope with this TWW. I need to get myself into a good headspace. I am trying to remind myself that there's not a lot I can do now, it's mostly up to the embryo.

Hi Adventurer, good luck with this next stim cycle and I'm glad your Dr. Sher consultation went well.
DH 39, no problems
TTC since August 2012
FET Jan '14, BFN
FET Feb '14, BFN
Annisa72
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby AllontheTable » Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:13 am

Annisa take some time to clear your mind and center yourself. Just decide for yourself that your embryo is perfectly healthy and your body is healthy and ready. And that it wants to be pregnant. And that you have no doubts that this will work. Breathe in the positive and don't allow the negative in. Your body will do exactly what you tell it to do. You just have to believe in it. I know it seems like it could never happen because we've all been programmed to believe that because we've all been through so much but that's not the truth! It can and it will happen.. Your almost there! :)

Adventurer omg!! I didn't know you had made the switch to Dr Sher. That's amazing!! Very exciting! I can't wait to see how things go.. Good Luck to you!
AllontheTable
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Annisa72 » Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:52 pm

All, thanks for the encouragement. It means a lot from someone who has been down the same road. Hope you are progressing well.

Adv, where's af?

AFM, started bloods today, next bloods Wednesday. I'm nowhere near ovulating yet apparently.
DH 39, no problems
TTC since August 2012
FET Jan '14, BFN
FET Feb '14, BFN
Annisa72
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby AllontheTable » Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:52 pm

FX for ovulation tomorrow Annisa! Or at least that it's coming soon.. Once you ovulate it gets a little easier because you know everything will be happening soon. Let us know what happens tomorrow!

I have an appt tomorrow too. Just hoping for a heartbeat. Then I can relax a little. I would assume everything is going well in there because I've def been sick. :cry: I call it anytime sickness lol it comes and goes as it pleases. I haven't been able to do too much. Even reading or getting on the computer is no bueno. But.. it won't last forever so I'm just trying to stay positive and deal the best way I can. I'm counting down the days until 2nd trimester lol
AllontheTable
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

PreviousNext

Return to IVF