IVF with PGD (pre implantation genetic diagnosis)

Is in vitro fertilization helping you achieve your dream of parenthood? Discuss IVF, FET, donor egg and surrogacy here!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: IVF with PGD (pre implantation genetic diagnosis)

Postby mimimama » Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:55 am

helysnd46- as far as I know, they are different. PGD tests the embryos for specific diseases (here more), but PGS NGS tests the embryos for a chromosome abnormality (such as Down syndrome), that also might be the reason of recurrent mcs, chemical pregnancy (more detailed). PGS can also help women of advanced maternal age achieve pregnancy with their own eggs and/or have a healthy baby. Hope this helps.
Me 31, DH 40. TTC 5 years. Unexplained infertility.
December 2015- IVF #1 BFN
May/June 2016- new doctor, IVF consultation in Gdansk Poland
October 2016- IVF #2 Invicta BFP!!!
mimimama
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby LaurenEmma » Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:17 am

I believe that PGS/PGD is crucial for anyone over 40, like you said previously it saves time by avoiding cycles with genetically abnormal embryos and saves from all the dissapointment of unsucessful cycles. We went through a total of 4 cycles. Two of the last ones were in Ukraine, in a clinic called Intersono IVF. We desided to do PGS on our embryos and the cost was 3500.
They told us the karyotypes of the embryos and we were able to choose the sex of our baby. He's the website: http://intersono-ivf.com/treatments/fer ... ethods/pgd . If you have any questions, let me know.
LaurenEmma

Postby mimimama » Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:23 am

LaurenEmma- I agree. More than that IVF clinics from Poland, Czech Rep and Ukraine are often chosen by international patients, cos of high success rates, top notch procedures and low costs.
Me 31, DH 40. TTC 5 years. Unexplained infertility.
December 2015- IVF #1 BFN
May/June 2016- new doctor, IVF consultation in Gdansk Poland
October 2016- IVF #2 Invicta BFP!!!
mimimama
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Previous

Return to IVF