May/June 2014 IVF

Is in vitro fertilization helping you achieve your dream of parenthood? Discuss IVF, FET, donor egg and surrogacy here!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

May/June 2014 IVF

Postby WitchMagpie » Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:48 pm

Hi everyone,

I didn't see another list for this time frame (I may have overlooked one-let me know if I did!), so I thought I would start one and see if anyone else wanted to go through the infertility madness with me.

This is my second IVF cycle (first FET). I had a successful fresh cycle back in 2013 which resulted in my daughter Arianna being born 7/7/13. Now I am looking to try for another baby, and I just started the prep for a natural FET in late May/early June. I have four frozen embryos left and they are transferring two. Hopefully they will survive the thaw!

Hope to meet new folks soon :)

Jenn
WitchMagpie
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Re: May/June 2014 IVF

Postby Ash26 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:44 pm

Hi Jenn-

Congratulations on your first daughter through the IVF journey. I followed some of your journey on the Sept/Oct board- although I never posted. Its nice to know it could work.
I too should be beginning a cycle at the end of April with a FET in June'ish. As you can see from my signature, we have had quite the ride to conceive #1 and had a few previous failed IVF attempts and multiple failed iui's.
I just did iui about a week ago, so pending the results....the next step is back to IVF for us. We will retrieve and freeze and then do a FET because I have uterine lining issues. So my FET should be around June....depending on the timing (timing is everything).
Hoping you have success with #2.
Ash
October 2011-April 2012- ttc naturally, BFN
July-August 2012- clomid, IUI, BFN
September 2012-Clomid, hysteroscopy, IUI- BFP 9/28/12
Ectopic Pregnancy x2- Diagnosed @ 6w2d
IVF #1 January 2013- cancelled, converted to IUI cycle..BFN
IVF #2 March 2013- 2 eggs retrieved, 1 Frost Baby
IVF#3 May 2013- 8 eggs, 5 fertilized, 5 froze on day 3
FET- June 2013, cancelled...lining not thickening
FET- July 31, 2013- Transferred 2 day 3 embryos, Chemical Pregnancy
August 2013- Hysteroscopy/Biopsy- Chronic Endometritis treated with 6 weeks of antibiotics
October 2013- Femera/Follistim IUI- BFN
November 2013- Follistim IUI- BFN
January- Follistim IUI- BFN
February- Natural Cycle IUI- BFN
March- Follistim IUI- BFN
May- IVF 10 eggs, 3 fertilized, 3 frozen
June- FET-cancelled. Embryos did not survive thaw
Ash26
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Annisa72 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:06 am

Hi Jenn and Ash,

Mind if I join?
I have just started the bcp in preparation for a stimulated cycle in April. However I will not be having an embryo transferred until May or June because we are doing PGD this time. Hence it is a 'freeze all' cycle. This makes for the longest cycle ever! I did not want to start an April group seeing as I will lag way behind anyone else who is starting in April.
Ash here's hoping your iui works and you do not need to go through this craziness!
Jenn I hope your successful run continues!

:babydustg:
Me 41, adenomyosis, endometriosis, blocked left Fallopian tube
DH 39, no problems
TTC since August 2012
Lap March 2013, polyp removed
HSG August 2013, confirmed left tube blocked
Ivf#1; stimulated cycle Oct 2013, fresh embryo transfer, BFN, 2 embies frozen
Naturally occurring BFP 01/01/14, chemical pregnancy
FET Jan '14, BFN
FET Feb '14, BFN
Ivf#2; April 2014, 5 blastocysts, 1 CGH normal embryo transferred June 2014, biochemical miscarriage
Ivf#3; September 2014, one blast sent for CGH testing, abnormal
Ivf#4; November 2014, 7 eggs fertilised.....
Annisa72
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Elisawood » Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:54 am

Hi Jenn, Ash and Annisa.
Mind if I join? My story is a little bit different to yours, but I will hopefully be doing my first ivf cycle late may/early June.

A little background from me: we have been ttc for almost 3 years now. Last year found out I wasn't ovulating and dh had poor sperm morphology so I was out in clomid 50mg. The second cycle didn't work so my RE upped the third to 100mg and I conceived twins, but lost them just after seeing their heartbeats on a scan with no explanation.
The second cycle of clomid after that I conceived again but didn't know as had my period after conceiving. I did a hpt as suggested by one of the ladies on here and it was blazing positive just 3 weeks after my period. I was admitted to hospital with pain and bleeding and they monitored my hcg which first increased, then slowly, then dropped - nothing was seen on multiple scans and my ovaries were 4 times normal size so told I had OHSS. I was discharged after 4 days saying I would go home and miscarry. And had to go back a week later for bloods to check it was negative. One week later my hcg had risen from 1,500 to over 5,500 and I was rushed to surgery with a leaking tube and nasty ectopic.
So fast forward to now - I have one tube, my left ovary responds to clomid but I have my right tube and poor sperm morphology.

We are not entitled to ivf on the nhs as I am 'too young' you have to be at least 34! So we are going down the egg sharing route so we can help another lady and I. Return hopefully get our own miracle. I have been going through the process since November and just waiting on a final blood result next Wednesday (chromosome testing) to get the all clear to go ahead. Then we plan the cycle.

So I hope you don't mind me gate crashing the thread, I have followed the ivf threads for months now and followed everyone's journey (Annisa I recognise your name) and now it's finally time to jump in on a thread.
I'm very excited to start this journey
Xx
TTC #1 for 3 years
May 2013 third round clomid (100mg) - BFP!!!!! 6 week scan TWINS!!! Miscarried 6 weeks 4 days :( my little angel babies
September 2013 fifth round of clomid 50mg - BFP - ectopic pregnancy diagnosed November 12th, operated on as tube leaking. Lost right tube and angel baby went to join the others.
No more clomid and waiting for IVF and my rainbow baby
Cycle before IVF received my MIRACLE BFP!
7 week 1 day scan showed perfect little bean with strong heartbeat...keep fighting little one
Elisawood
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby WitchMagpie » Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:36 am

Hi everyone!

Ash: Nice to meet you! What day will you know how this cycle's IUI went? I read your signature and all I can say is infertility sucks and is painfully unfair, and I am sending you all the baby dust I can shake off of my daughter (that sounds really horrible, but I know you know what I mean!) I am really nervous about this second cycle because we were so lucky the first time. Maybe we used all our luck up? I'm trying to stay positive and not be a worrywart.

Anissa: Of course you are welcome to join us! The more the merrier! In a way, I think taking a month off between egg retrieval and embryo transfer would be nice. My ovaries stayed hugely swollen until about month 4 of my pregnancy because of all the hormones swirling around in me. I wish we had done PGD. Not because we've had trouble thus far (knock wood!), but because it would give me less to worry about. We had a scare at the end of the first trimester right after the NT scan because Ari had some soft markers for Down's Syndrome and I didn't find out until I was about 20 weeks along that it was a false positive. PGD could eliminate some of that worry!

Elisa: Welcome! Your journey made me tear up. Ectopic pregnancies are so awful. My aunt lost everything to an undiagnosed ectopic (massive hysterectomy). I don't understand why doctors and hospitals aren't more careful in checking for these things when the signs are so blatantly clear that something is wrong! And to lose twins :( I don't know what egg sharing is, could you explain? I am assuming it's what it sounds like, but I would like to know more.

AFM: I am in limbo land right now. Waiting on my HSG tomorrow. I have no idea what to expect after that. Since I am doing a "natural" cycle, I have told them no BCP and no lupron (both of those make me have chaotic mood problems/fluctuations), so I don't know why we are waiting until late May- early June. My clinic has awesome success rates, and when I do see the doctor, she's comapssionate and extremely competent/confidence inspiring, but the communication is TERRIBLE. I never feel like I know what is going on or that I can get an answer. I get a lot of politely worded "you don't need to know that, and we aren't taking the time to explain it to you" from the IVF manager. Makes it rough for a control freak like me LOL. I am a little concerned I won't get a period again for a while and that will delay everything. I've only had three periods since I gave birth. Once at 4 weeks post partum, once in October, and last week. I wish we could just move forward right now while I know where I am in my cycle. I know that my breastfeeding while doing IVF is causing issues, but I Ari and I aren't ready to stop yet. She's not even eating solids enough to get her nourishment from them, and I don't want her on formula. Oh well. I really need to quit worrying about crap before it happens. Whatever will be, will be.

:)

Jenn
WitchMagpie
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Elisawood » Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:31 pm

Hi Jenn,
I've had a rather rough journey trying to make my miracle, but not as rough as many others and for that I am grateful. I am blessed to have a very supportive dh that has stood by me constantly. Egg sharing is where I go through the IVF process and at ER I share the number of eggs collected with another lady. The lady I will be sharing with may have poor quality eggs or chromosome problems or be a carrier of a genetic problem so unable to use her own.
It is no a decision I rushed into but I feel so happy to be helping someone achieve their dream when maybe it seemed impossible to them. My AMh level is 48 and had a total of 37 follicles between my two ovaries at my last scan. So I'm confident I will produce enough to give both of us a family. I'm so ready for this part of our journey.

Limbo land SUCKS. I feel like I have been there since November! Couldn't they bring on a bleed to start a cycle if they need to? That's what the plan on doing with me as I get my period every 40-100 days! It must be so frustrating not being able to get the answers you want, but as long as the end result is good hey! How many eggs did they get at ER for your last IVF?
I'm a control freak and need to know everything about anything going on. I am waiting on the results to my chromosome test right now. They take 6-8 weeks and next Wednesday is 6 weeks and I've been toe to phone. Then I get matched and we start!
E
Xx
TTC #1 for 3 years
May 2013 third round clomid (100mg) - BFP!!!!! 6 week scan TWINS!!! Miscarried 6 weeks 4 days :( my little angel babies
September 2013 fifth round of clomid 50mg - BFP - ectopic pregnancy diagnosed November 12th, operated on as tube leaking. Lost right tube and angel baby went to join the others.
7 week 1 day scan showed perfect little bean with strong heartbeat...keep fighting little one
Elisawood
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby Ash26 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:44 pm

Elisa- Holy cow follicles! I think you are meaning 37 follicles at baseline- Like before stimulation, because if all of those swell i couldn't imagine you'd be able to walk! I had 6 on one side after stimulation and it was painful....i couldn't imagine many more being in there. Such a great thing you are doing for someone else! I have had the conversation with my RE about using donor eggs, so just knowing there are people like you willing to do it gives me hope. Thanks for what your are about to do!
I'm so sorry you have had the pain of an ectopic...and a loss of twins. I had an ectopic as well- well actually 2....at the same time. Luckily it was caught very early and I did not lose my tubes. I had a similar experience though with thinking AF arrived....went to my RE for baseline blood to begin another cycle and had a BFP.

Jenn- Thanks for the dust. I will know if my iui worked next Friday....or sooner if AF arrives. With my history, I'm not counting on iui working. I feel completely normal, so if it did work it will be a shock. I didn't realize you were still breastfeeding Ari, thats great! It will be interesting to hear how they complete your FET while BF'ing. I don't think you used all your luck! How many frozen embabies do you have? And are you planning to put in more than 1?

Annisa- Thanks for the well wishes on this iui. If I do move on to IVF i will also be doing a freeze all cycle. I have had terrible lining issues in the past, so in order to get my lining as thick as possible I will stim, have my retrieval, get AF and then begin building my lining for a FET. I'm hoping to be done the process by early June. Looking forward to following your journey!

AFM: Just waiting waiting, waiting. I am 8dpiui today and feeling my normal self.
October 2011-April 2012- ttc naturally, BFN
July-August 2012- clomid, IUI, BFN
September 2012-Clomid, hysteroscopy, IUI- BFP 9/28/12
Ectopic Pregnancy x2- Diagnosed @ 6w2d
IVF #1 January 2013- cancelled, converted to IUI cycle..BFN
IVF #2 March 2013- 2 eggs retrieved, 1 Frost Baby
IVF#3 May 2013- 8 eggs, 5 fertilized, 5 froze on day 3
FET- June 2013, cancelled...lining not thickening
FET- July 31, 2013- Transferred 2 day 3 embryos, Chemical Pregnancy
August 2013- Hysteroscopy/Biopsy- Chronic Endometritis treated with 6 weeks of antibiotics
October 2013- Femera/Follistim IUI- BFN
November 2013- Follistim IUI- BFN
January- Follistim IUI- BFN
February- Natural Cycle IUI- BFN
March- Follistim IUI- BFN
May- IVF 10 eggs, 3 fertilized, 3 frozen
June- FET-cancelled. Embryos did not survive thaw
Ash26
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby WitchMagpie » Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:55 pm

Hi everyone!

Elisa: That's kind of what I thought you meant by egg sharing, but I grateful for the clarification. And bless you for doing that! The wife of an acquaintence of mine discovered she didn't ovulate and if she and her husband decide to pursue IVF, they will have to use donor eggs. I think they have opted to forgo having kids, but I'm not sure. Her husband and mine no longer get along, and we have lost touch.

I don't know if they can trigger a period or not since I am nursing. I have PCOS, so even if I wasn't nursing, it's a crap shoot whether or not I will ovulate/menstruate, but I doubt the prolactin levels are helping. I don't remember for sure anymore how many eggs they got from my ER- I think it was around 17 eggs with only 6 becoming viable embryos, but I could be wrong. Keep us posted on your chromosome results. I know you must be feeling super anxious to hear what they have to say!

Ash: Let us know tomorrow how the IUI went. Feeling normal doesn't have to mean BFN, but I also understand if you don't want to get your hopes up. Infertility kind of sucks the fun out of the TWW, doesn't it? I've got 4 frozen embryos left and the plan is to put in two. Hopefully they will survive the thaw.

EOE: Hope you are well!

AFM: Did the HSG today and everything looked good. The c-section scar looked like it healed properly, and there was no sign of anything weird or infected, so it looks like I jumped that hurdle. On to the next! I just don't know what the next hurdle is yet. They NP did mention in passing that my prolactin levels were elevated but that she attributed that to me breastfeeding. But that's all the info anyone has shared thus far. So I continue to wait in limbo land until they deign to share with me what the next step will be. I am kind of hoping they don't rush things too much as i have another surgery unrelated to IVF planned for next Wednesday and that doctor wants me to wait a month after the surgery before transferring any embryos. So if the universe wants to have my embryo transfer be any day after April 19th, that would be fine ;D

Jenn
WitchMagpie
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Elisawood » Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:01 pm

Hiya ladies,
I'm not posting on here much until after Wednesday and I get my chromosome results as I don't want to jinx anything. I'm so nervous!!!!
Ash: yes 37 at baseline! I think I would explode if it was during a cycle!!!
Bless you, thank you. I just wish I was allowed to donate to more than one women at a time. Regardless of whether this cycle has a successful outcome I will be donating again when I can, and to make sure the lady I donate to has some frozen so that if she wishes to expand her family her children can at least have the same genetics. I'm sorry you have had ectopics, they are so scary aren't they? My tube was beyond repair. Do you worry with IVF about ectopics? Because they can increase the chances of having another one. That's my main fear for the whole process. Well that and it not working.
How are you feeling? You just be about 12dpiui now? Any updates. I have everything crossed for you!!!!!!!

Jenn - good news on the hsg and c section scar!! It's not long until you can get started! I can't imagine how hard it would be tone told you can't use your own eggs. And on top of that over here its costs £8,000 plus if using donor eggs and there is such a shortage the waiting list is horribly long. It breaks my heart for those poor women :(

Annisa - hope your well :)

Not much to report here just nervously waiting for my genetic/chromosome testing to come back. Fingers crossed we get the result on Wednesday!!

Take care :)
E xx
TTC #1 for 3 years
Elisawood
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby Annisa72 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:13 pm

Hi guys,

Just popping in to check on you all,

Elisa, fingers crossed for your chromosome results, I am also awaiting those results....

Ash, do you have any news about your iui?

Jenn, all the best for your surgery.

AFM, not much to report. We have our interviews on Thursday and should then get our schedule for this cycle!
DH 39, no problems
TTC since August 2012
FET Jan '14, BFN
FET Feb '14, BFN
Ivf#2; April 2014, 5 blastocysts, 1 CGH normal embryo transferred June 2014, biochemical miscarriage
Annisa72
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Ash26 » Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:51 pm

Hi ladies-
Sorry for not posting much....I was kinda holding out hope that my iui worked, but its now safe to say unfortunately (but fortunately) i will be joining you on this journey. 13dpiui today and I am spotting through my Crinone (progesterone), so I'm pretty sure tomorrow will be cd1. I will be off the the RE at 5am to determine the plan- which at last visit the plan was birth control, surgery to clean out my uterus, followed by starting stims with my next cycle for a freeze all cycle.

Again I need to apologize because I am leaving on a vacation Friday so I may not have a chance to post before I go. At least I will be able to drink on a beach and not have to worry about "maybe's."
Ash26
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Elisawood » Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:26 am

Hello lovely ladies,
Annisa how did your interviews go? Did you get your schedule?

Ash sorry to hear the iui didn't work, but it will be lovely to have you in the group :) Hope you have a lovely holiday and a relaxing one :)

Afm - I received the chromosome results yesterday and everything is good! So all systems go for egg sharing. They told me it would be about a month to find a match...well I have just received a phone to say they have found one (less than 24 hours!!!) and have sent her my information. She should accept/reject next week. When I get my next period I have to go on the contraceptive pill for a month and go from there! All very exciting but at least things are moving forward nicely :)

Hope your all well
E
TTC #1 for 3 years
Elisawood
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby WitchMagpie » Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:43 pm

Hi Everyone!

Can't write much since I am bombed on pain meds. Had surgery on Wednesday and it was an easy surgery, but as anticipated, a dreadful recovery. Haven't heard squat from the RE's office, so when my brain is working again, I will contact them.

Will do personals when I am feeling normal again.

baby dust to you all!

Jenn
WitchMagpie
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Riteous » Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:25 am

Hello Ladies,

Looks like I should be joining you for a May/June IVF cycle. My TTC journey is in my signature...

I was hoping to be in the March/April IVF cycle but during my Pre-IVF testing the saline sonogram showed a small uterine septum and while one RE at the clinic would move on with the IVF since it's small my RE at the clinic hinted around to having it removed - basically my septum has no blood supply so if the embryo(s) would try and implant on it the IVF wouldn't be successful. Just heard from my clinic today who was checking on insurance coverage and looks like I'm covered!!! Shocking, finally something is covered :) Of course, I still have to meet my $2K deductible but that's a heck of a lot better than paying the whole thing out of pocket!!!

I should know tomorrow when the surgery is scheduled for and then can move on with the IVF at my next cycle after surgery :) Which should be late April as AF is due in the next few days.

Jenn - I hope you're feeling better today after your surgery and are able to get in touch with your clinic to find out what's next.

Elisa- YAY for the good test results - what you're doing is soooo soooo generous - I often think about if I would ever consider donor eggs, I am a tad older, and I think if it came down to it I would be okay with it - so it's great to have generous people like you out there to offer those that need it a chance!

Ash - sorry to read about the failed IUI - hope you're having a wonderful vacation with some fabulous drinks on the beach!

Annisa - Great to see you again - how did the interviews go, do you have your schedule yet?

Hope I didn't miss anyone.
Sara (42), DH (45)
TTC - 7 Years
Unexplained Infertility
5/31/13 - 1st IUI, 100mg Clomid & trigger = BFN
July - Sept. 2013 Natural cycle = BFN
10/3/13 - 3rd IUI, 100mg Clomid & trigger = BFN
11/2013 - 04/2014 - Natural cycle = BFN
May/June 2014 - IVF #1 - 9 eggs retrieved, 1 fertilized, 3DT of 1AB embryo = BFN
March/April 2015 - IVF #2 (AFOLIA Study) 9 eggs, 7 mature, 4 fertilized w/ICSI - transferred 2 eight cell grade A's = BFN, no snowbabies
06-02-2015 - Natural BFP - Beta 5235!!!! Crazy!!!
07-06-15 - M/C
07-08-16 - Natural BFP
08-04-16 - M/C
10-2016 - Diagnosed with MTHFR C677T Gene Mutation, Antithrombin 3 and Protein C deficiencies
Blog: http://journey4abfp.wordpress.com/
Riteous
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Annisa72 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:12 pm

Hello ladies,

Ash- I'm so sorry your iui did not work out. Enjoy the beach and I look forward to moving forward with ivf with you!

Elisa- congrats on the chromosome results.

Jenn- I hope you are recovering quickly and not too bombed on meds...

Sara- hi there, great to see you again. Hopefully once that septum is zapped it will be straight forward for you.

AFM- I got my schedule for my cycle. I delayed telling you all because I hit a snag and it looked like the schedule may have gone out the window but it seems it is staying on course for now. Currently I am on the bcp, Norimin 1. But I have been getting awful period pain and bleeding! My doctor wants me to persist with it regardless and so my schedule will be (roughly):
- finish bcp 31 March
- start FSH injections 5 April
- start antagonist injections 9 April
- first follicle scan 11 April
- estimated week of egg collection 14 April
- comparative genetic hybridisation to be performed on all embryos at day 5, then freeze all
- estimated frozen embryo transfer late May/ early June
There are many hurdles to get through with this cycle. If there are no chromosomally normal embryos then I don't know what we will do. We would definitely not use donor eggs. Probably we would try another cycle. If we get less than three embryos suitable for testing we get another round of cgh included in the cost of this cycle. This info was explained to us at our interviews and is a big relief. The cost of another stim cycle is not included, just another round of cgh. This is void if the first cycle results in a live birth however, which I hope it does!

:babydustg:
DH 39, no problems
TTC since August 2012
FET Jan '14, BFN
FET Feb '14, BFN
Annisa72
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Next

Return to IVF