May/June 2014 IVF

Is in vitro fertilization helping you achieve your dream of parenthood? Discuss IVF, FET, donor egg and surrogacy here!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: May/June 2014 IVF

Postby MarieEliza » Thu Jul 03, 2014 6:14 pm

Jeanine, Congratulations on your ET, and please keep us posted on your progress!

Riteous, it's nice to hear you sounding hopeful.

kathrinb, waiting a month and going on vacation sounds like a great plan.

Ash, I'm sorry to hear about lousy cysts being a problem! I remember I had those one of my egg retrieval cycles, and they drained naturally. Keep us posted.

SS and Adventurer, I'm glad things are moving along, and that you both seem to be feeling better.

AFM, our second ultrasound is scheduled for Monday, July 7th at 11:30! Fx both embies will still be wiggly and well.
Me: 40 DH: 33
22 eggs frozen in 2008
Conceived naturally 6/13
Missed miscarriage 9/13
2 8-cell embies transferred 5/28/14, 2 blasts in the freezer
Beta #1 6/9/14: 216
Beta #2 6/14/14: 2027
Beta #3 6/20/14: 19,653!
1st u/s on June 27th: twins!
2nd u/s on July 7th. Baby A: 12.5mm, 158bpm Baby B: 14.1mm, 165bpm.
MarieEliza

Postby ssbarnes » Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:51 pm

MarieEliza - Have a great weekend. Can't wait to hear how your babies are growing!

Wishing - See you on the other thread.

Adventurer - Have a wonderful trip!

Ash - So sorry to hear about your cysts. The IF emotional roller coaster is not for the easily daunted. You are made of strong stuff and you will weather this storm with grace. Try to enjoy the weekend. No reason you can't indulge a little. Once you have a plan on how to deal with the cysts and move on, you'll feel better.

Kate - I'm on call this week. I see no reason in taking a day off if the pager is most likely going to have me logging in to the office anyway. I save the day off for another time. On the plus side, I can get so much work done since I won't be interrupted.

AFM - Cramping got so bad overnight that I woke up crying out in pain. I rolled out of bed and couldn't stand up. My homeopath is overseas, so I was able to get a hold of her and she recommended sabina 30c and that has been very helpful. The pain level is now manageable. I am going to take another dose and call it a night.
Me: 42 & DH: 50
Dx: Unexplained
TTC 34 mos
12/12 - Natural Cycle BFP --> m/c :angel:
4/14 - OI + IUI = :bfn:
5/14 - IVF #1 - Antagonist w/ AH = 5 in the oven & 1 in the freezer --> m/c :angel:
7/14 - IVF #2 - Atagonist w/ AH - 21eggs --> 14 fertilized --> 5 8-cell tranx & 3 snowbabies = :bfn:
10/14 - IVF #3 - Frozen cycle --> :bfn:
5/15 - IVF #4 - 3 embryos --> :bfn:
8/15 - IVF #5 - 3 embryos and 2 snowbabies = :bfp:
ssbarnes
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Adventurer » Sat Jul 05, 2014 11:16 am

SS: I'm so sorry to hear that you were in so much pain! I'm glad that the Sabina helped. I've never heard of it. Are you not allowed to take Naproxen?

Marie: looking forward to seeing pics of your two beans :wink:

AFM: it's beautiful in Maui. And HOT! A little hotter than I like but I'm not complaining! Still a bit tired. We got in on July 3 at what would have been 5 am back at home. Feel more rested today. :)
Me - 41
DF - 35
AMH 23.8 pmol/L
Supplements: Ubiquinol 600 mg, Folate, vit D3, vit C, vit E, vit B6, Omega-3, royal jelly, L-Arginine, Chinese herbs
Acupuncture: 2x/week
IUI #1 (1/14): Femara 12.5 mg CD3-7, 3 follies, BFN
IVF #1 (2/14): 7 eggs - 5 fertilized with ICSI - 4 blasts biopsied for PGS/4 snowbabies - 1 abnormal, 3 no result
IVF #2: (4/14) 19 eggs - 13 fertilized with ICSI, 5 blasts/snowbabies
IVF #3: (6/14) 16 eggs - 10 fertilized with ICSI, 4 blasts/snowbabies
IVF #4: (8/14) 33 eggs - 27 mature - 22 fertilized with ICSI, 2 day 5 blasts transferred - BFN, 10 snowbabies, 4 remaining PGS normals
FET #1: (11/14) single embryo transfer - :bfp: at 5dp5dt
Beta #1 at 8dp5dt 134
Beta #2 at 10dp5dt 383
Beta #3 at 12dp5dt 955
Adventurer
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby MarieEliza » Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:49 pm

Oh, SSBarnes, I hope that you are feeling better today! :(

As for me, the two little embies are doing great! They measure 12.5mm and 14.1mm, and their heartbeats are 158bpm and 165bpm. The doctor told us that the babies seemed "perfect." DH is realizing that we probably really are going to have twins!

The doctors calculate that I should really consider myself 8 weeks, 1 day at this point, so I am most of the way out of the woods in terms of miscarriage. My parents are coming to visit us next Monday, and we think we will share our news with them then if I'm still doing well. Otherwise, it will be hard to stop my father from trying to pour me multiple glasses of wine!

You are the kindest group of women, and I can't tell you all how much your support has meant to me. I think it is time for me to cautiously move over the the pregnancy boards, but I will check in on you sometimes in the IVF folder. I wish you all so much luck and baby dust:

:babydustb: :babydustg: :babydustb: :babydustg: :babydustb: :babydustg:
:babydustg: :babydustb: :babydustg: :babydustb: :babydustg: :babydustb:
:babydustb: :babydustg: :babydustb: :babydustg: :babydustb: :babydustg:
:babydustg: :babydustb: :babydustg: :babydustb: :babydustg: :babydustb:
Me: 40 DH: 33
22 eggs frozen in 2008
Conceived naturally 6/13
Missed miscarriage 9/13
2 8-cell embies transferred 5/28/14, 2 blasts in the freezer
Beta #1 6/9/14: 216
Beta #2 6/14/14: 2027
Beta #3 6/20/14: 19,653!
1st u/s on June 27th: twins!
2nd u/s on July 7th. Baby A: 12.5mm, 158bpm Baby B: 14.1mm, 165bpm.
MarieEliza

Postby Ash26 » Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:39 pm

I had a WTH (what the heck) appointment with my doctor. I have officially been moved from the unexplained infertility category to the premature ovarian failure category. I knew it was coming but what was discussed is really that without donor eggs, there's a good chance I will never be able to conceive my own child.
I haven't made my mind up yet, because up until today I was against using donor eggs. I just don't know if its for me. I am very undecided/on the fence about my feelings.
My doctor has agreed to continue trying iui cycles, while knowing the chances are slim. So just to give me some piece of mind and know that we are not giving up we will be trying iui. But we are going back to basics, no injections....just letrazole, trigger and iui. Bare minimum monitoring and bare minimum meds.
While doing my hardly any chance iui cycles I will be researching and doing some deep sole searching to see if using an egg donor is something i can come to terms with.

Hope you are all well!

Congrats Marie. Glad to hear things are progressing nicely.
Ash26
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Adventurer » Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:03 pm

Congrats Marie! I'm so happy your two babies are flourishing! Thank you for the baby dust. I will need it lol!

Ash: I'm sorry to hear your new diagnosis. Would you be willing to try again with your own eggs? At your younger age, even with POF, you have a chance because you have a higher chance of a chromosomally normal egg. I'm going to Dr. Sher to do his agonist/antagonist cycle which I think could help you too. It's all about the right stimulation protocol and the right RE to determine best timing of trigger. He would probably estrogen prime you as well due to your POF.
Me - 41
DF - 35
AMH 23.8 pmol/L
Supplements: Ubiquinol 600 mg, Folate, vit D3, vit C, vit E, vit B6, Omega-3, royal jelly, L-Arginine, Chinese herbs
Acupuncture: 2x/week
IUI #1 (1/14): Femara 12.5 mg CD3-7, 3 follies, BFN
IVF #1 (2/14): 7 eggs - 5 fertilized with ICSI - 4 blasts biopsied for PGS/4 snowbabies - 1 abnormal, 3 no result
IVF #2: (4/14) 19 eggs - 13 fertilized with ICSI, 5 blasts/snowbabies
IVF #3: (6/14) 16 eggs - 10 fertilized with ICSI, 4 blasts/snowbabies
IVF #4: (8/14) 33 eggs - 27 mature - 22 fertilized with ICSI, 2 day 5 blasts transferred - BFN, 10 snowbabies, 4 remaining PGS normals
FET #1: (11/14) single embryo transfer - :bfp: at 5dp5dt
Beta #1 at 8dp5dt 134
Beta #2 at 10dp5dt 383
Beta #3 at 12dp5dt 955
Adventurer
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby 3yearstrying » Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:57 pm

Hi all, sorry I've been quiet for so long. Just sort of going with the summer flow, and haven't been online quite as much. It also seems like most people are between cycles or have moved onto other boards. I'm having a hard time saying good-bye to this one though, so haven't moved anywhere yet...

Ash-I really wanted to pop in and say hello to you. I'm so sorry about your diagnosis. Can I ask what your AMH level is? I do agree with Adventurer that, given your age, there is a good likelihood that you have good eggs-even if fewer than would be ideal. I don't remember if you talked about this before, but have you already tried acupuncture (I know you've tried herbs so I assume so)? I also have diminished ovarian reserve, and have had for at least 3 years...At this point I'm giving acupuncture and supplements a shot. I don't know whether the acupuncture will help improve my ovarian response and the quality of my eggs, but I know that others have had positive results while using acupuncture. Have you tried different protocols, and/or do you feel like it would be worth talking to another clinic? I think the decision on donor eggs is such a tough one. I wish you happiness with whatever you decide, and please do keep us posted. Oh as to your question about my acupuncture, it does make me sleepy afterwards, but I don't feel relaxed during the process...

Adventurer-Are you still in Maui? Must be nice to have a break (even if short) between all of your cycles! ;) Which clinic location are you going to for the Dr Sher appointment? I've been reading about him too, and I think I'd be open to traveling for a cycle with him if I don't have better results on my 2nd cycle with my current clinic.

Marie-YAY for the healthy twins!!!! I am so excited for you! I hope we'll all be joining you on the pregnancy boards soon.

Ssbarnes-I'm sorry that you were in so much pain. I hope that you're feeling a lot better by now. I'll be following your journey on the other board-I am just POSITIVE that you will be getting a take-home baby this next time around.

Wishing-You finally got to start, yay!!! I will read your details on the other board :).

Kate-I know you asked me this question ages ago, but acupuncture was OK. I can't say that I enjoy it or find it relaxing, but I don't absolutely dread it the way that I do blood draws...I'm glad that you and DH have a plan in place, and very excited for you that you'll be going on vacation soon!

Jeanine-How's your POAS going? Have you started?

Riteous-Hi! I think you're going on vacation soon? I'm still confident for you that you'll be able to get into one of these studies...

EOE-Hi!

AFM-We had our IVF financial consultation today, and it was actually preliminarily good news. I was so sure that we'd met my lifetime max for infertility, but for some reason my IVF meds are not counted toward that total. That was a shock and a miracle. So, since we've met our in-network out of pocket max, I only have to pay for things that flat out aren't covered-I think I have enough insurance for the entire cycle. So this means that out of pocket I'll probably pay about $3K over the next couple of months, for anesthesia, and some other fees that insurance just doesn't cover. Since I thought we'd be paying something like $15K, I am thrilled. Other than that, as mentioned I'm seeing an acupuncturist. I've been 3 times so far, and the original man who I was working with is at a conference this week, so I had to see his colleague this week instead. She's an older Chinese woman, who is really funny and SO confident about Chinese medicine. She told me how it has been around so much longer than Western medicine, and how Chinese medicine always works to get people pregnant because their whole economy is built on creating new people to do work (note I did not say this-it was her description of why she is confident Chinese medicine can get me pregnant). She said all of her patients get pregnant when she does acupuncture before and after the ET. Let's just see if I can get to that point...She also had a bunch of things that she wanted me to do differently, like only drink warm/room temperature drinks, and quit having dairy. I am a cheese/cream in my coffee addict, so not sure if I can stick to that one, but I am trying the room temperature drinks. Has anyone else been given that same advice?
Me 40; DH 42; TTC #1 since January 2011
Tested Oct 2013: Me-DOR-Elevated FSH 10.4, low AMH .7, normal ovulation, clear HSG, normal baseline scans, DH normal
Oct-Dec. 2013: Letrozole, timed intercourse
3 IUI cycles Jan-Mar 2014
IVF cycle 1 Femara-Flare protocol, started 6/7/2014
ER 6/15-4 eggs, 2 mature & fertilized
ET-6/20-cancelled-embryos stopped growing on day 4 :(
IVF Cycle 2 9/4/2014: Antagonist protocol, stimmed for 8 days-6 eggs retrieved on 9/13 only 1 fertilized-they chose not to do ICSI-Embryo stopped growing on day 5. Moved onto Dr. Sher in Las Vegas
IVF Cycle 3 with Dr. Sher Agonist-Antagonist protocol Dec.2014 ER-9 eggs fertilized, 3 embryos frozen, all 3 transferred on January 20th 2015
BFP!
It's a girl, due October 14th-after 4 years, a miracle happened!
3yearstrying
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Riteous » Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:00 pm

Marie - Congrats girl - that is soooo exciting!!!

Ash - so sorry to read your post. I hope you don't need to do much research and you get a surprise, hardly trying, IUI BFP!!! If not, I hope you come across the research that would support another cycle with your own eggs before having to consider the donor eggs.

Adventurer - Maui - I'm transporting myself there right now - see you soon :)

3years - I know, it's sooo hard to stay away, it's like an addiction... LOL Glad your consult went well and you received some good news. FX you'll be able to soon relax at your acupuncture appointments. Since I started acupuncture right before I started stimming mine didn't recommend any diet changes, etc. but I have heard of some ladies giving up dairy and I've also read some research that conflicts with giving up dairy too so who knows...

AFM - mini-vacation to Boston starts a week from tomorrow - I CAN'T WAIT!!!! :)

Hope everyone else is well - I know most of you moved over to the other board and I'll be lurking there as well to keep up. You know, since I can't seem to stay away :)
Sara (42), DH (45)
TTC - 7 Years
Unexplained Infertility
5/31/13 - 1st IUI, 100mg Clomid & trigger = BFN
July - Sept. 2013 Natural cycle = BFN
10/3/13 - 3rd IUI, 100mg Clomid & trigger = BFN
11/2013 - 04/2014 - Natural cycle = BFN
May/June 2014 - IVF #1 - 9 eggs retrieved, 1 fertilized, 3DT of 1AB embryo = BFN
March/April 2015 - IVF #2 (AFOLIA Study) 9 eggs, 7 mature, 4 fertilized w/ICSI - transferred 2 eight cell grade A's = BFN, no snowbabies
06-02-2015 - Natural BFP - Beta 5235!!!! Crazy!!!
07-06-15 - M/C
07-08-16 - Natural BFP
08-04-16 - M/C
10-2016 - Diagnosed with MTHFR C677T Gene Mutation, Antithrombin 3 and Protein C deficiencies
Blog: http://journey4abfp.wordpress.com/
Riteous
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby kittikat86 » Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:54 am

Hi guys, I've been lurking but trying to stay away from anything dealing with baby making. I've been trying to focus on life outside of obsessing about being pregnant ever since the m/c. It's been working really well and I have been enjoying going horseback riding, out to eat, drinking here and there, kayking, hiking, etc.

That was, until today, when my cousin who is about 6 months younger than me sent me a text of her ultrasound belly with a perfectly health little baby growing. I knew her and her husband were trying, and they have been married since 8/2010, but it still doesn't make me feel any better. She's aware of my fertility troubles and as we all know, she wasn't TRYING to rub anything in and told me before she told the world via Facebook.....but I still broke down crying at work.

Lap surgery is next Wednesday and then back to FET.

sigh...wishing this was easier for all of us
Me: 28, unexplained infertility
Husband: 30, superstar

3/2013 - Surprise "Pregnancy of unknown origin," should've been 6 wks+ no sac found
4/2013 - 9/13 - Natural attempts, BFN
10/13 & 11/13 - Clomid only BFN
1/14 - Clomid & IUI BFN
3/6/14 - Laparoscopy (found adhesions on Lt tube, Dr cleaned/left it)
5/10/14 - Day 1 of stims
5/22/14 - ER with 40 EGGS (22 mature & fertilized)
5/27/14 - ET with 1 day 5AA blast....8 in the freezer
6/2- HPT BFP....6/5 Beta1 55.2 - 6/7 Beta2 93.8 - 6/10 Beta3 308.7 - 6/13 Beta 903 - 6/18 U/S No yolk sac HCG to 0 within 2 weeks
7/16/14 - Laparoscopy to remove left tube, very damaged
8/14 - FET cycle, xfer 1 hatched blast....BFN
Taking a break from IVF to relax & try on our own for a bit
kittikat86
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Riteous » Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:11 am

Kitti - so sorry - it's so hard to be happy for others as every pregnancy announcement is stab in the emotional heart some more so than others and we're always left wondering when is it going to be my turn. If it never is my turn will it get any easier??? The emotional melt downs seem to creep in at the most inopportune times and it’s hard to hold it together.

Cut yourself a break – you just went through a very emotional experience so the feelings you’re having are natural so cry away – sucks it was at work, but sometimes you can’t help it. I know I’ve cried MANY a times at work through this journey.

Hugs to you and I will be thinking of you next week – I’m sure the surgery will go smashingly and your FET will bring the joy that so many others get to experience in your take home baby!!

I applaud your ability to try and focus on other things. As I seem to still think about it a bazillion times a day and we're just in a holding pattern not knowing if there is anything next for us to do.
Sara (42), DH (45)
TTC - 7 Years
Unexplained Infertility
May/June 2014 - IVF #1 - 9 eggs retrieved, 1 fertilized, 3DT of 1AB embryo = BFN
March/April 2015 - IVF #2 (AFOLIA Study) 9 eggs, 7 mature, 4 fertilized w/ICSI - transferred 2 eight cell grade A's = BFN, no snowbabies
07-06-15 - M/C
07-08-16 - Natural BFP
08-04-16 - M/C
10-2016 - Diagnosed with MTHFR C677T Gene Mutation, Antithrombin 3 and Protein C deficiencies
Riteous
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby kittikat86 » Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:43 am

Riteous - I've been in a holding pattern knowing nothing is happening until surgery. I actually have found it soothing bc things really are out of my hands.
I best suggestion is to find other things that make you happy.

I've been reading, started horseback riding again, kayaking. Working extra hours. Etc. spending lots of QT with DH.

I know your boat is different bc you're looking for the next step. I know I would be scouring the web 24/7 looking for the next thing. Maybe you can move to a state that mandates coverage. Lol

Thinking happy thoughts for all and have a great weekend!! (I'm waiting to have blood drawn to ensure I'm not pregnant presurgery, wouldn't that be a hoot if I was?! Lol)
Me: 28, unexplained infertility
Husband: 30, superstar

3/2013 - Surprise "Pregnancy of unknown origin," should've been 6 wks+ no sac found
4/2013 - 9/13 - Natural attempts, BFN
10/13 & 11/13 - Clomid only BFN
1/14 - Clomid & IUI BFN
3/6/14 - Laparoscopy (found adhesions on Lt tube, Dr cleaned/left it)
5/10/14 - Day 1 of stims
5/22/14 - ER with 40 EGGS (22 mature & fertilized)
5/27/14 - ET with 1 day 5AA blast....8 in the freezer
6/2- HPT BFP....6/5 Beta1 55.2 - 6/7 Beta2 93.8 - 6/10 Beta3 308.7 - 6/13 Beta 903 - 6/18 U/S No yolk sac HCG to 0 within 2 weeks
7/16/14 - Laparoscopy to remove left tube, very damaged
8/14 - FET cycle, xfer 1 hatched blast....BFN
Taking a break from IVF to relax & try on our own for a bit
kittikat86
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Riteous » Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:54 am

Kitti - weirder things have happened... LOL I actually thought very briefly about moving to Maryland - DH is from Northern VA and he has a couple of sisters in MD, but then I think nawww I like FL to much :) My google search yesterday was how to make sperm penetrate and egg... only results were about the process and binding... to bad there wasn't a steroid or pill that made those things shoot in like little bullets. We leave for vacation on Thursday so I'm just willing that to get here quickly.

Enjoy your weekend!!!
Sara (42), DH (45)
TTC - 7 Years
Unexplained Infertility
07-06-15 - M/C
07-08-16 - Natural BFP
08-04-16 - M/C
Riteous
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby 3yearstrying » Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:28 pm

Riteous-My new acupuncturist is SO CONFIDENT that all I would need to get pregnant is to go to her for 3 or max 6 months. I almost believe her, but I'm going forward with IVF since I feel very committed at this point...I don't know to what degree you believe in it, but maybe if you found the right fertility acupuncturist it could be worth a try? My acupuncturist said she had her first child at 39...

Kitty-Sorry to hear about the situation with your friend's pregnancy. I swear I have to deal with this all of the time, and I definitely understand how frustrating it is! OK if you were to get pregnant pre-surgery, that would be the most amazing news ever! As Riteous said, stranger things have happened...
Me 40; DH 42; TTC #1 since January 2011
Tested Oct 2013: Me-DOR-Elevated FSH 10.4, low AMH .7, normal ovulation, clear HSG, normal baseline scans, DH normal
Oct-Dec. 2013: Letrozole, timed intercourse
3 IUI cycles Jan-Mar 2014
IVF cycle 1 Femara-Flare protocol, started 6/7/2014
ER 6/15-4 eggs, 2 mature & fertilized
ET-6/20-cancelled-embryos stopped growing on day 4 :(
IVF Cycle 2 9/4/2014: Antagonist protocol, stimmed for 8 days-6 eggs retrieved on 9/13 only 1 fertilized-they chose not to do ICSI-Embryo stopped growing on day 5. Moved onto Dr. Sher in Las Vegas
IVF Cycle 3 with Dr. Sher Agonist-Antagonist protocol Dec.2014 ER-9 eggs fertilized, 3 embryos frozen, all 3 transferred on January 20th 2015
BFP!
It's a girl, due October 14th-after 4 years, a miracle happened!
3yearstrying
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby ssbarnes » Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:26 pm

IVF #5 was the charm. We are expecting triplets!
Me: 42 & DH: 50
Dx: Unexplained
TTC 34 mos
12/12 - Natural Cycle BFP --> m/c :angel:
4/14 - OI + IUI = :bfn:
5/14 - IVF #1 - Antagonist w/ AH = 5 in the oven & 1 in the freezer --> m/c :angel:
7/14 - IVF #2 - Atagonist w/ AH - 21eggs --> 14 fertilized --> 5 8-cell tranx & 3 snowbabies = :bfn:
10/14 - IVF #3 - Frozen cycle --> :bfn:
5/15 - IVF #4 - 3 embryos --> :bfn:
8/15 - IVF #5 - 3 embryos and 2 snowbabies = :bfp:
ssbarnes
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Wishing4A star » Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:54 pm

Omg ss congratulations I was so happy to see someone from this board wrote on it. How do you feel about tripplets? Im Sooo proud For You, You Been Through A lot And It all pay off. Hope to hear back from you
Image[/url]
TTC : 2years +
December 2013- Hsg done -dx with block tubes
January 2013- lap surgery done(right tube opened)
March 2013- clomid/IUI #1
April 2013 - Bfp (chemical)
September 2013- February 2014- medicated cycles with monitoring still no baby.
April 2014- consult with fertility dr.
******Moving on to Ivf ******
May 5th- Ivf educational day
May 13th- lap surgery
July4th- started stims
July 15th - retrieval
July 20th - transfer/ July 30 beta negative
----------------------------
Ivf # 2
Aug 3rd- started bcp for 3 wks
Aug 16th- started lupron
September 16th- Fet