Embryo Adoption

Is in vitro fertilization helping you achieve your dream of parenthood? Discuss IVF, FET, donor egg and surrogacy here!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Embryo Adoption

Postby paulandcrissy » Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:39 am

Wondering if anyone has done this? My husband and I have been married for almost 9 years. We have an incredible almost 3 year son old we adopted(seriously worth every BFN we got in the 6 years before), but my ovaries refuse to work without a ton of help and even then things haven't worked out and I want him to have a sibling. Not to mention wanting another baby ourselves.

I know that there is egg donation but since we've already adopted I would really love to give a home to a life that's already been created. I'm only 28 and in perfect shape to be pregnant but don't really know where to start. I don't think we want to go through one of the big agencies. Plus I would like to have at least a little contact with the bio parents because since I am adopted I know how important it is for later. We meet up with our sons birth mom a couple times a year for dinner and LOVE that!

Has anyone donated or adopted embryos who could help me out? Any information or advise would be greatly appreciated! Seriously, I've got the best husband and father on the planet here! He should be utilized:)
paulandcrissy

Re: Embryo Adoption

Postby New_Mommy_Oct_05 » Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:02 pm

My husband & I are doing embryo adoption! We got ours donated from an IVF friend. Have you called any clinics asking if they have an embryo donation program? That's usually low cost. Also there's 2 sites I've heard of where donors & recipients can connect. Miracles waiting & NRFA I believe that's what it's called. Also FIRM & NEDC are highly recommended clinics that specialize in embryo adoption. They are lower cost too. :D
*Me: 29 DH: 34
*DD1: 5 months TTC - Born 10/21/05
*DD2: 5 years TTC - IVF/ICSI - Born 8/3/11
*DD3: Surprise natural BFP - Born 8/20/12
*DD4: Donor Embryo FET - Born 8/21/15
*Aug 2013: FET
*9/7/13: :angel: Said Goodbye

Team green turned team PINK
*Dx: MFI ; PCOS & Egg Factor
New_Mommy_Oct_05
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Re: Embryo Adoption

Postby exitroad » Mon May 18, 2015 9:32 pm

We did embryo adoption. And went through the clinic. We are so happy. We have two kiddos now.
We started our journey Feb 2006
IUI #4 May 2008 150g clomid = BFP low beta saga and Miscarried our baby at 6w5d
IUI #5 150 g clomid and BFN
IVF#1 in Aug/Sept 2009 BFN
IVF#2 Nov 2009 BFN
FET#1 Feb 2010 BFP!!!! no heartbeat and miscarried on April 4th, 2010
Next step - we adopted the embryos!!!
DS born! May 2011!
exitroad

Return to IVF