December/January IVF

Is in vitro fertilization helping you achieve your dream of parenthood? Discuss IVF, FET, donor egg and surrogacy here!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

December/January IVF

Postby Reapage » Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:56 am

I hope its not too soon to start a Dec14/Jan15 IVF board!! I am just so impatient and I would love to have some buddies to go through this with!

We have been TTC since Sept 2013.

I am 23, dx w/ PCOS and take 2000mg Metformin daily.
He is 32, has 0% morph, low count (2mil) and low motility 30%.

We are working with Shady Grove Fertility, & met with the RE on Oct. 3 and she said IVF is our only shot, but its a great one. She thinks we have around a 60-70% chance of getting pregnant with IVF.

We both got bloodwork on Oct. 4 that came back normal, I had low vid-d but am taking a supplement now. I went in last Saturday for my day 3 bloods and ultrasound which showed a baseline of 24 follicles. I had the mock transfer on Monday, which was no fun. Yesterday we met with a Urologist who found that DH has a varicocele, he does not recommend operating as it may not work and we would probably end up doing IVF down the road anyway. He gave us the green light for IVF and said he doesn't see anything genetically wrong that could be passed down to the baby.

I have to do an HSG this Saturday and then we meet with the RE for our follow up on Monday. We should be starting BCP in the beginning of my next cycle for 21 days. Stims should start in Dec and a retrieval and transfer in Dec/jan.

We are really excited to get a blue print of our first IVF cycle this Monday. We just want some tentative dates you know?

The waiting in all of this is sorta miserable.

So anyone about to start IVF with me? Whats your story!?
Me: 24, PCOS, on Metformin 2000 daily
Him: 33, low count, low motility, 0-1% morphology
TTC #1 since Sept 13.

IVF#1 Antagonist protocol
ET: one BA Expanded Blast, Froze one AB blast.
MC confirmed
IVF #2 FET
BFN

IVF #3 Luteal Phase Lupron Protocol
ET 1 4AB blast & 1 4BB blast
1 BA blast made it to freeze
BFP!
12dp5dt beta=738
15dp5dt beta =1,979
17dp5dt beta = 4,029

FIRST U/S @6W2D SHOWS TWINS!!!!
Baby A :hb: 128
Baby B :hb: 112
SECOND U/S @7W2D TWINS ARE PERFECT!
Baby A :hb: 166
Baby B :hb: 151

ITS A BOY AND A GIRL! :babyb: :babyg: :balloons:
Reapage
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Re: December/January IVF

Postby New_Mommy_Oct_05 » Sat Nov 08, 2014 1:41 pm

I'll join! My story is summarized in my siggy but I'm a fellow PCOS gal & my DH also has MFI.

Did you do the hsg today? How did it go? Our RE gave us the same chances as yours our first IVF and we did get a little girl from it!!

We had 1 embryo to freeze which we thawed & transferred Aug 2013. Ended up miscarrying in Sept. This summer we decided on embryo adoption & was so fortunate to have an IVF friend and her DH donate their snowflakes to us.

I had a polyp removed a few weeks ago, got AF today, & start BCP Monday. FET is scheduled around Dec 16/17th. RE is super hopeful again but I am a little worried about miscarriage. He told me since our embryos struggled that was probably our downfall. We only had 1 fighter to freeze, thaw, & implant.. and what a fighter it was!!! Our donor embryos were very strong, all 5 day at freeze. And there's 16 so we can definitely put 2 in this time!

Look forward to fantastic cycles for us all!!
*Me: 29 DH: 34
*DD1: 5 months TTC - Born 10/21/05
*DD2: 5 years TTC - IVF/ICSI - Born 8/3/11
*DD3: Surprise natural BFP - Born 8/20/12
*DD4: Donor Embryo FET - Born 8/21/15
*Aug 2013: FET
*9/7/13: :angel: Said Goodbye

Team green turned team PINK
*Dx: MFI ; PCOS & Egg Factor
New_Mommy_Oct_05
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Reapage » Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:23 am

Hello!
Glad to see I will be having some company :)

I am very sorry to hear about your Sept. loss. But, how amazing that you were able to find a couple to adopt some snowflakes from! You have so many to work with this time, I am sure you will do great. Its really great that you have done this before, it might be easier since you know what to expect. We just really hope it will work, ttc has been such a hard process as you know.

I got my HSG on Saturday, I was so nervous but it was the easiest thing we have done so far. The tech and her assistant couldn't believe how quickly the dye zipped through my tubes... I think we were all three a little shocked. I didnt feel a thing and she said she barley even used any dye. She gave me an A++
Today we meet with the RE again to follow up on all of our screening and (hopefully) get our protocol. I cant wait! It is all finally feeling real. I will update again after the appt!
TTC #1 since Sept 13.

MC confirmed
IVF #2 FET
BFN

BFP!
12dp5dt beta=738
15dp5dt beta =1,979
17dp5dt beta = 4,029

Reapage
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby New_Mommy_Oct_05 » Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:15 pm

Yay for a fabulous HSG!!! That's so great! How did your follow up go?

I started bcp today and stop on Nov 27th I think. My lab shipped the cryo tank today to go pick up our embryos! Exciting they'll be there Wednesday!

New_Mommy_Oct_05
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Reapage » Tue Nov 11, 2014 6:55 am

How exciting! Your little snowflakes are in route :)

I wish I was starting bcp right now like you!! The follow up was good, basically what we planned on. All of my levels are great, we are going to be the first retrieval/transfer slot of the new year she thinks. So as soon as my period starts (Dec. 1st ish) I will start bcp for 21-25 days, then stims! I feel like this is going to go by so slowly. Waiting for the end of the month to get my period, and then being on birth control for three weeks. I know that when we start stims it willgo very quick. We are ttc for our first, I bet having a few little ones to run around after helps the days go by quickly for you!

Will you be taking any injections for FET?
TTC #1 since Sept 13.

MC confirmed
IVF #2 FET
BFN

BFP!
12dp5dt beta=738
15dp5dt beta =1,979
17dp5dt beta = 4,029

Reapage
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Karen1111 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:04 pm

Hi guys! I am also going to be a December IVF. I am right now waiting for AF to show up.

Like REaPage I am in the DC area, but going to GWU for my treatment. I am normal (although low vitamin D, also taking sups now) but husband has low numbers (around 2 mil). Doctor has put good odds on IVF (I am 30, no health issues).

The hardest part is all of the WAITING. Of course, the last 3 months I have had 30 day cycles. Now this month, when I actually WANT to get my period, nothing....on day 33. Any good tricks to get it going? :)
Me - 31; DH - 35
TTC #1 since Sep. 2013, diagnosed with MFI Sep. 2014. IVF w/ ICSI only option.

IVF #1 w/ ICSI - BFN
12/19/14 - ER 8 eggs, 6 fertilized, 5 made it to 3-day.
12/24/14 - Transferred one 4AB embryo, 1 frozen.

IVF #2 w/ ICSI - Freeze all cycle

3/11/15 - ER 14 eggs, 8 fertilized, 6 made it to freeze!

FET #1
5/7/15 - ET of 1 4AA embryo
5/14/15 - :bfp:
5/18/15 - Beta #1 493 (11dp5dt)
5/20/15 - Beta #2 1,333 (13dp5dt)
5/27/15 - first u/s - one sac measuring at 6 weeks! Beta #3 15,613
6/2/15 - second u/s :hb: 119 b/m
6/9/15 - third u/s :hb: 153 b/m. Officially graduated from the RE!
7/2/15 - first OB appointment :hb:170 b/m
7/8/15 - First trimester/NT scan :hb:163 b/m
9/2/15 - Anatomy Scan - It's a girl!!
Madeleine Drew born January 20, 2016

Karen1111
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby Reapage » Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:55 pm

Hey Karen!

Will you be starting bcp when af shows? I was in your exact position last cycle! I was having regular periods for several cycles but last month af was late by three days! It was the worst because we we were waiting for her to show so we could do the HSG and Mock and other screening stuff & I even had to reschedule a few things which we all know can be a mess! :doh:

Anyway, this is what I have read about bringing af:
Ginger tea, or parley tea- super concentrated can help initiate the uterus to contract which in turn can kickstart af. I drank both for two days and then 9am the next morning she showed!! It could have been a coincidence or maybe the teas really worked. I think its the vitamin D in them that helps so much. Both teas are really gross tho. I think the ginger worked more than the parley did tho, I dont know why but I do lol.

I am going to try acupuncture, I hear it can be good for IVF, but it can also help with regular cycles and I really don't want my next cycle to be a long one!! I am on 2000mg Metformin and my cycles are still long occasionally.

Let me know how it goes :)
TTC #1 since Sept 13.

MC confirmed
IVF #2 FET
BFN

BFP!
12dp5dt beta=738
15dp5dt beta =1,979
17dp5dt beta = 4,029

Reapage
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Karen1111 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 1:31 pm

Yay! It'll be fun to have a local buddy to go through this with. :mrgreen:

I am starting BCP as soon as AF arrives (well on day 2). Of course last month I had a 29 day cycle; now I am on day 33 and while I have had cramping, no signs (and no, not pregnant! :doh: )

My nurse just emailed me to say that I am getting my protocol on Friday. That makes me excited because then I will know exactly the meds that I will be using.

Did you get the ginger tea at the super market (like whole foods?) I have been taking Vitamin D supplements and pre-natal pills per my RE. I am seeing Dr. Frankfurter at GWU. Who are you seeing at Shady Grove?
Me - 31; DH - 35

IVF #1 w/ ICSI - BFN

FET #1

Karen1111
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby Reapage » Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:30 am

Yay for getting your protocol! You will be a little ahead of me, so you can share all of the good details :)

So I should have included instructions on the ginger tea, sorry about that. You literally boil ginger in water for like 20 mins and then drink as much as you can, I drank like three cups for two days, the she arrived. I think its the high concentration of vitamin c or d, I don't remember which. I hope the witch visit you soon! It must be so frustrating, I am trying to get into acupuncture asap, I heard it can really really help with PCOS/IVF/irregular periods. I really don't want my next period to be late as I too will be starting BCP.

I am also on vitamin D supplements, and pre-natals as well as Metformin and DHEA. My RE is Dr. Browne at Fair Oaks Shady Grove. We live in Waldorf, MD but we work in Fairfax, VA so its easiest to have an RE that is close to work. She is really great so far, Shady Grove is like a well oiled machine lol they seem really good at making babies!!

How do you like GWU?
TTC #1 since Sept 13.

MC confirmed
IVF #2 FET
BFN

BFP!
12dp5dt beta=738
15dp5dt beta =1,979
17dp5dt beta = 4,029

Reapage
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby New_Mommy_Oct_05 » Thu Nov 13, 2014 5:36 pm

Hi girls!!! Welcome Karen!! Come on AF! She's always messed up in some way. Has she came today??

The waiting is always the worst! But then it goes quickly so I try to live in each moment because right now the possibility is there and I love that. After it goes one way or the other lol.

I was on heparin injections & also PIO last FET. RE mentioned no heparin this time but I won't know for sure until protocol time.

Luckily no bad bcp symptoms yet.Last time they were very evil to me. I guess we'll wait and see this time lol.

Hopefully the holidays keep us all busy but this will always be our #1 distractionttoo lol.

New_Mommy_Oct_05
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Reapage » Fri Nov 14, 2014 6:20 am

I hear that the POI isnt very pleasant. I think I am least excited for that shot. I am glad the BCP are being good to you so far new_mommy, its crazy all the stuff we have to put our bodies through so each step that doesnt cause major discomfort is a major milestone :)

Karen, any sign of af yet?? Please say yes!!

AFM I have an appt on Monday for acupuncture- it will be my first time. Since my period was a little late last time I really want to see this lady and hopefully she can help me ensure its not late this time! Only like two weeks till I start BCP- how weird is it that I cat wait to start BCP while TTC hahah. Anyway the acupuncture is supposed to really help with the IVF cycle and OHSS and all that too, also I just need to relax so I am hoping this will help with that. Anyone else tried/trying it?

I might go overboard on Christmas this year... I need something to keep me busy!! I already told my OH that I want to set up this tree super early lol
TTC #1 since Sept 13.

MC confirmed
IVF #2 FET
BFN

BFP!
12dp5dt beta=738
15dp5dt beta =1,979
17dp5dt beta = 4,029

Reapage
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby New_Mommy_Oct_05 » Sat Nov 15, 2014 8:00 am

Let us know how you like acupuncture . I never tried it. Hopefully it will be productive & relaxing!!

Karen I hope AF has arrived!!

We have a chance of snow tomorrow. Not ready for all that. Want to get my FET outta the way first. We drive 3 hours north to see our RE so I have to watch weather in different areas for appts.

Reapage- a lot of people have put up Christmas here. Even our small towns have decorated lol. Maybe it's the early cold weather? Do you have a lot of people you buy gifts for?

New_Mommy_Oct_05
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Reapage » Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:08 am

I have heard so many good things about acupuncture- esp to help before and after the retrieval and transfer so I am excited to get that started!! I will post about it :)

I can't wait to put the tree up, but we have been really busy on the weekends, I am taking a few psychology courses to pass the time, but its sort of working against me as I don't really want to study after working all day and now I am spending my weekends studying! I am getting everything done today tho so we can go to the Redskins game tomorrow & I can just relax and have fun.

I think we are going to cut back on the gifts a little and focus on paying for IVF! lol my family is all in Alaska (thats where I am from) so I will probably send a little care package to all of them, and I have one sister that lives in the area so I will get something special for her and her boyfriend. They just purchased a condo so I am sure it will be easy enough to find something for them. We will purchase for our inlaws and our brand new nephew and that should be it! Oh other than my honey of course, we are good at spoiling one another.

What about you? How does your family celebrate the holidays? I am sure it is specially with your little girl :) Do you think you will test early after the FET or wait till the beta? (I know I will test early, its who I am lol) If you test early you very well might have an extra special holiday!

It is extra crisp here!! Its like it got cold over night. I swear it was warm on Monday and Tuesday and now its freezing!! I am praying for no snow- here in the city EVERYTHING shuts down for even a tiny bit of snowfall.
TTC #1 since Sept 13.

MC confirmed
IVF #2 FET
BFN

BFP!
12dp5dt beta=738
15dp5dt beta =1,979
17dp5dt beta = 4,029

Reapage
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby New_Mommy_Oct_05 » Sat Nov 15, 2014 8:31 pm

Well it started sleeting tonight. Only a few inches of snow possible then hopefully it leaves lol. Too early for me even with how pretty it is lol.

Christmas is definetly fun with the kids :-) . I am a pretty frugal buyer so I hit up clearance & sale stuff mostly. We buy for my parents, have a Christmas party with my moms side that we host, then buy for a few friends & ourselves. My DH works away on the river. He was supposed to be home for Thanksgiving and away for Christmas but a friend wanted Thanksgiving off so they switched holidays. Dh should be in in Nov 30th and we'll start decorating then. Just in time for monitoring appts too lol.

I only test when I think there's a chance so FET qualifies. And I unfortunately test way too much. I'm not sure when I'll start testing. Prolly 5dp5dt. I didn't get a positive with my IVF baby until 9dp3dt though there was a super faint line at 8dp. Couldn't fully call if. With my miscarriage I knew something was wrong. I felt it. And my BFP didn't come until 8dp6dt. Really praying for early, strong positives this time!!! For us all!!!

Does your doc transfer at day 3 or 5? Do they do assisted hatching? My doc has that and ICSI as part of every IVF.

New_Mommy_Oct_05
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Karen1111 » Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:35 pm

Hi ladies! we were out of town this week, so sorry for the delays. Could you believe this....NO SIGN OF AF YET. It's day 38. I am really starting to stress out, which I know is only making all of this worse. My Nurse said to call on Monday (tomorrow) if I hadn't gotten my period yet, so I will call her in the AM and let her know what is going on. It's just so diaspointing...I am sure you ladies are familiar with this feeling but sometimes it just feels like the universe is conspiring against me getting pregnant! 6 months straight of a 29-31 day cycle, then the first month to start IVF here I am at day 38 and NOTHING?

:(

I have been drinking ginger tea from Whole Foods, but it's not as concentrated as Reapgae recommended.

I like GWU a lot! I'll let you know all about my protocol once I get it. Thanks for all the well wishes ladies - means a lot!!!
Me - 31; DH - 35

IVF #1 w/ ICSI - BFN

FET #1

Karen1111
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Next

Return to IVF