December/January IVF

Is in vitro fertilization helping you achieve your dream of parenthood? Discuss IVF, FET, donor egg and surrogacy here!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: December/January IVF

Postby Emme1982 » Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:25 am

OMG Kiwi! I just logged back on and look at this!
Congratulations I am so happy for you!!! It finally worked!! :bfp: :congrats:
That is SUCH great news!
Reapage, you are on bed rest? I hope you are well, I understand from what I hear it is not a pleasant situation but I hope you are making the best out of it. Let me know if you need procrastination strategies. I have three PhDs on it, I swear!
I just logged back because work has been SO MUCH. It is a new job, and we just moved, so whatever free time I have, I spend with my husband unpacking a TON of boxes. Not fun. Not having a nest sort of speak is not the best thing. But I can say that now there is a bedroom, a living room and a kitchen. The rest can happen later, slowly.

Thanks for all the endom. information. We were kind of surprised when the doctor we saw told us it is the leading cause in infertility and asked us a couple of questions that may indicate endom., and he did a test, K something? CA something? The test did not come back high, but he said that is not an indicator that I do not have endom. He said, in fact I would be lucky if I did have it, and they went in and "burned it" (funny choice of words) and then it would be fine- because that would indicate *The*Reason* was found for my infertility.

We moved just outside Toronto, and we are happy re the move BUT it is a whole new healthcare system that we have been so exhausted with move, new job etc, that I have not even had the time to google in all honesty. Our old doctor told us of a new fertility clinic, which honestly is two hours away. We might try it. We ll see. I have a PM saved somewhere where people gave me a lot of advice with respect to Canada and IVF.

It is bizarre- I remember a conversation I had with respect to the two week wait etc. How it is draining and how IVF takes care of it and all. I remember the IVF time as one of the longest months of my life. As I did not have a job, I had SO MUCH time to think about everything, which in my case is not always a good thing. Now the 2WW is so much easier- I mean, when you are just trying naturally. I am so confused with respect to what is wrong with me, and it is a complicated issue, right? I think that come November, I will get back into it.

Ok sorry when I am MIA, new job takes so much out of me, but I am always very happy to see one of us get pregnant, it only means that it IS possible and it WILL happen!
Many hugs to all!
TTC since: December 2011
--------------------------------
July 2014: Diagnosed with poor ovarian reserve
September 2014: Clomid round 1
October 2014: Clomid round 2
December 2014- January 2015: IVF round 1- negative
March 2015- spontaneous (unmedicated, babydance only) chemical pregnancy.
We saw a doctor during the summer in Europe, he suggested endometriosis may be an issue.
New doctor- waiting for AF to do first test (3rd day of period).
Emme1982
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby T2015 » Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:46 am

I too had the ed speech twice i guess were my best chances at 70-80% but with my own eggs only 20% of conceiving. I have a low amh of 0.43 and high fsh of 18.3. I am taming royal jelly wheat grass dhea coq10 prenatal and baby aspirin. Its so hard to accept a de sp i am teying herbs and supplwments and will have a injectibles with gonel f and iui and trigger shot i believe next month so i am really hoping that one is a success if not i will go ahead and try on my own for 6 months herbs and supplements with ipk and see what happens before i go into ivf route anyone have suggestions to my issues should u try the 20% ivf with my own wggs i just dont wanna waste money i dont have it hard for me to get financial help due to my credit any suggestions i would love to hear
T2015
Friend

Postby New_Mommy_Oct_05 » Sun Oct 25, 2015 12:06 pm

Kiwi - I just got on!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! SO many congratulations girl!! Beautiful beta too. How are you feeling so far??
*Me: 29 DH: 34
*DD1: 5 months TTC - Born 10/21/05
*DD2: 5 years TTC - IVF/ICSI - Born 8/3/11
*DD3: Surprise natural BFP - Born 8/20/12
*DD4: Donor Embryo FET - Born 8/21/15
*Aug 2013: FET
*9/7/13: :angel: Said Goodbye

Team green turned team PINK
*Dx: MFI ; PCOS & Egg Factor
New_Mommy_Oct_05
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby New_Mommy_Oct_05 » Sun Oct 25, 2015 12:08 pm

Emme - still praying it will happen for you. Glad the move went well though!

New_Mommy_Oct_05
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Kim82 » Sun Oct 25, 2015 4:40 pm

KIWI - What FABULOUS NEWS!! :) I'm thrilled for you and hope everything goes smoothly.

Sorry for being MIA for so long. Life got busy (I had a grandfather in hospice, he's now an angel looking over us) so i'm finally focused on Baby Girl Kendall and her soon to be delivery! I've got a little over 5 weeks until her due date. I'm measuring a bit large (at 33 weeks I was measuring 36 weeks). My OB decided it was time for an ultrasound and BPP test. (scheduled for this Thursday). DH and I were both BIG babies and long, so we're staying positive and excited to see the little lady one more time (we haven't had an ultrasound since 19 weeks!) We are now doing weekly appointments (with nonstress tests every week... my OB says its required due to the IVF. I'm fine with it as the more monitoring in my opinion the better)

Kiwi - Enjoy food, snacks and whatever pleases you! I too quit the gym when TTC and although I said I was going to go once preggy... didn't happen and i'm 100% comfortable with that decision at this point. Trust me the weight will come. LOL I'm currently up about 35 pounds with 5 weeks to go. (My guess is if I go full terms I'll end up 42 pounds heavier... quite an adjustment, but totally worth bringing a healthy little one into the world).

Reapage - Names are super cute! I hope bed rest is not too rough on you and hope you've found a few comfortable resting positions :)

I will try to log-on and check-in more often. Truly appreciate all the support throughout this journey and wish all you ladies the best!
TTC since Early 2011
Both 32 are good..unexplained infertility
IUI #1 10.20.13 - Femara days 3-7 With Crinone... BFP to m/c week 6
IUI #2 12.23.13 - Femara days 3-7 With Crinone... BFN (tested & AF arrived)
IUI #3 1.27.14 - Femara days 3-7 With Crinone... BFP. Went to dr. And found hcg over 12k. After ultrasound found 8 week ectopic (surgery and removal of tube) :(
IUI #4 5.16.14 - Femara days 3-7 With Crinone... BFN!
IUI #5 8.8.14 - Femara days 3-7 With Crinone... Ovidrel shot on 8.7.14 - BFN
IVF round #1 - BFN (Got 7 embies frozen!)
IVF round #2 - FET - two d3 tranferred on 12/10... BFP 12/23 - Beta #1: 59, 12/26 - Beta #2: 115, Beta #3: 44 m/c :*(
IVF round #3 - FET - two d3 B's transferred on 3/17... BFP! (Beta #1: 490, Beta #2: 994, Beta #3: 4,690!) Heartrate of 119 bpm at 6w3d!
Kim82
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Adventurer » Sun Oct 25, 2015 4:52 pm

Kiwi, I am over the moon for you! Yay!!!!! :happyforyou: Please keep us posted on your progress! When's your first scan?
Me - 41
DF - 35
AMH 23.8 pmol/L
Supplements: Ubiquinol 600 mg, Folate, vit D3, vit C, vit E, vit B6, Omega-3, royal jelly, L-Arginine, Chinese herbs
Acupuncture: 2x/week
IUI #1 (1/14): Femara 12.5 mg CD3-7, 3 follies, BFN
IVF #1 (2/14): 7 eggs - 5 fertilized with ICSI - 4 blasts biopsied for PGS/4 snowbabies - 1 abnormal, 3 no result
IVF #2: (4/14) 19 eggs - 13 fertilized with ICSI, 5 blasts/snowbabies
IVF #3: (6/14) 16 eggs - 10 fertilized with ICSI, 4 blasts/snowbabies
IVF #4: (8/14) 33 eggs - 27 mature - 22 fertilized with ICSI, 2 day 5 blasts transferred - BFN, 10 snowbabies, 4 remaining PGS normals
FET #1: (11/14) single embryo transfer - :bfp: at 5dp5dt
Beta #1 at 8dp5dt 134
Beta #2 at 10dp5dt 383
Beta #3 at 12dp5dt 955
Adventurer
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Kiwi5 » Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:38 am

Hey All,

Thank you so much for all the excitement and support!!! It means so much to me!

Emme - Not sure if I'm on the right track, but do they need another diagnosis aside from what you already have? Or are they trying to find what is causing DOR?
Your move sounds exciting! What was the reason for the move? Were you in the US beforehand? I'm not familiar with the Canadian healthcare system at all - I am only familiar with it in NZ and in the US, and they are like night and day! I hope it's straightforward. I hope you are enjoying your new job even thought you're busy... I'm sure it'll all settle down soon :) I look forward to hearing how you go in November - if it doesn't happen naturally for you first!

New Mommy - Thank you! How are you and wee Brynn getting along? Cute as a button, no doubt!

Kim - So great to hear from you! I have been wondering how you were getting along. How exciting you only have a few weeks to go!! Crazy how time flies. Is Kendall the name you have chosen for your wee girl? I'm reallly sorry to hear about your Grandfather.

Adventurer - Thank you for checking in even though I am sure you are busy with your wee one!!! How is motherhood going? I will be sure to keep you updated :)

Things are going so well over here. I can still hardly believe it happened!! My OHSS is finally starting to turn the corner too so I'm really able to just sit here and enjoy it. My RE ordered an extra beta for me yesterday because I was feeling a little worried that all the fluid and pain and drainings (I ended up having two - the second almost 2L) would have affected my embryo/s but it seems they really are very resilient as it was over 5000 (the machine at my clinics lab doesn't read higher than this) - I just feel so incredibly grateful.

We agreed my first scan will be at exactly 6w which is next Wednesday. I could have done it Monday but my RE encouraged me to wait the extra two days in the hope there will be a heartbeat (or two!)... So exciting! I know I am going to be such a ball of nerves and excitement.
Me: 33 - Mod endo, FSH 10.1
DH: 34 - Poor morph

IVF #1
Dec 26 - Cancelled x4 due to cysts.

27 Mar - ER 15, 13 mat, 13 fert
5 blasts, 4 PGS normal

FET #1
02 Jul - Transfer of one hatching 5 day blast!
13 Jul - Chem :angel:

06 Aug - Endo scratch

FET #2
11 Sep - Transferred our 2 day 5 frosties
21 Sep - BFN :(

24 Sep - MRI to check adenomyosis - normal

IVF #2
7 Oct - ER 19, 15 mat, 14 fert.
12 Oct - Transferred our last frostie & a fresh blast
6 blasts to freeze, 5 PGS normal
17 Oct - BFP 5dp5dt - YAY! :D
19 Oct - Early beta due to OHSS - 137 @ 7dp5dt!
22 Oct - Beta 518 @ 10dp5dt
29 Oct - Beta >5000 @ 17dp5dt
04 Nov - US at 6w0d = TWINS!! :hb: 104 & :hb: 107
11 Nov - :hb: 125 :hb: 139
18 Nov - :hb: 163 :hb: 163
Graduated to the OB!!
Kiwi5
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Emme1982 » Sun Nov 01, 2015 9:36 am

Kiwi5 wrote:Hey All,
Emme - Not sure if I'm on the right track, but do they need another diagnosis aside from what you already have? Or are they trying to find what is causing DOR?
Your move sounds exciting! What was the reason for the move? Were you in the US beforehand? I'm not familiar with the Canadian healthcare system at all - I am only familiar with it in NZ and in the US, and they are like night and day! I hope it's straightforward. I hope you are enjoying your new job even thought you're busy... I'm sure it'll all settle down soon :) I look forward to hearing how you go in November - if it doesn't happen naturally for you first!

Oh Kiwi! It was weird: I was never actually tested for endometriosis, and considering that I have several of the physical symptoms, and the only way to positively say whether one has it or not is to go laparoscopically, I am a bit curious as to why I was never tested. I got so much into the IVF train- tests over tests, that I did not ask whether that might be part of the problem.
The way that doctor explained it in the summer made good sense: ok DOR: A chunk of folks diagnosed do have DOR- as it is defined. But my age seems to not corroborate such a diagnosis- which means I may be part of the more rare DOR at a young age. That apparently is a really really small percentage of people- here you need egg donors, or IVF or IUI. Then there is a chunk of folks diagnosed with DOR based on their blood work but there is *something* else in there preventing them from getting pregnant. So you run a bunch of tests to exclude other factors. The dr said: well, endo is like #1 factor for infertility, did you check? I was like, um, no... He said check, and if you are lucky, you have it, it gets fixed and it's the end of your ordeals- otherwise, you might even be the last third chunk of ppl, DOR and nothing to do about it- and they just wait and see if they get lucky.
DOR is basically a difficult category to locate what is causing it. If it is not obvious genetics (the two/three main genetic tests they use) then, you are in the dark.
We were in Boston before, which was literally the best healthcare system I have ever experienced. We had a ton of setbacks, most of which could have been prevented. Canada is different but not too bad, I think. We moved for work reasons, and we are enjoying it a lot!
How is the NZ healthcare system re IVF? I was under the impression that Canada was not too good at all, but I researched it, and realized that it is not true on the ground. So I am looking forward to our real health insurance beginning (3 months after we arrived) and then we can go for it again. In the meanwhile, we will TTC the other way and see if it happens for us.
Psychologically, work is good for me because I don't think of it as much but oh boy, when the period is approaching, I am feeling all sorts of phantom symptoms all the time. That, I do not like. The brain, the brain, that curious machine.
Happy Sunday ladies! I hope you are enjoying the day!! :D
TTC since: December 2011
--------------------------------
July 2014: Diagnosed with poor ovarian reserve
September 2014: Clomid round 1
October 2014: Clomid round 2
December 2014- January 2015: IVF round 1- negative
March 2015- spontaneous (unmedicated, babydance only) chemical pregnancy.
We saw a doctor during the summer in Europe, he suggested endometriosis may be an issue.
New doctor- waiting for AF to do first test (3rd day of period).
Emme1982
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Kiwi5 » Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:54 am

Hey Everyone,

I hope you are all well :D

I have an update... We had our first ultrasound today at six weeks and we are having TWINS!!! Woooohooooooo!!! What an emotional moment - I could barely believe they were looking inside ME!!! Best feeling ever :D :D I am so crazy excited. I'll post a pic underneath - the baby on top is measuring 6w1d with a heartbeat of 104 and the little one that is hidden a bit is measuring 6w0d with a heartbeat of 107 :hb: :hb: I feel so blessed! I guess it just goes to show that everything needs to be just right for this to work - because now it has really worked!!

Emme - That is all really interesting. I hope you find an awesome Dr in Toronto!! I guess endo can't really be fixed as such but they can excise it which can help and at least with IVF you can generally get around it. It is really crappy to have DOR so young and I'm keeping everything crossed for you for natural or a great Dr with a great plan up his sleeve! We will be here rooting for you!!
NZ has a public healthcare system so everyone has access to it. They have funded IVF but there is a criteria to meet and usually a waiting list. The criteria isn't too crazy but I know we wouldn't have qualified right now because DH isn't a NZ citizen. It has ended up working out better for us that he made me move here first up in that respect because we were lucky to have some IVF insurance coverage... Even if the support side of things has sucked a bit more!
I'm so happy you are enjoying your new job, the distraction and your new city!
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (97.69 KiB) Viewed 1334 times
Me: 33 - Mod endo, FSH 10.1
DH: 34 - Poor morph

IVF #1
Dec 26 - Cancelled x4 due to cysts.

27 Mar - ER 15, 13 mat, 13 fert
5 blasts, 4 PGS normal

FET #1
02 Jul - Transfer of one hatching 5 day blast!
13 Jul - Chem :angel:

06 Aug - Endo scratch

FET #2
11 Sep - Transferred our 2 day 5 frosties
21 Sep - BFN :(

24 Sep - MRI to check adenomyosis - normal

IVF #2
7 Oct - ER 19, 15 mat, 14 fert.
12 Oct - Transferred our last frostie & a fresh blast
6 blasts to freeze, 5 PGS normal
17 Oct - BFP 5dp5dt - YAY! :D
19 Oct - Early beta due to OHSS - 137 @ 7dp5dt!
22 Oct - Beta 518 @ 10dp5dt
29 Oct - Beta >5000 @ 17dp5dt
04 Nov - US at 6w0d = TWINS!! :hb: 104 & :hb: 107
11 Nov - :hb: 125 :hb: 139
18 Nov - :hb: 163 :hb: 163
Graduated to the OB!!
Kiwi5
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Reapage » Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:04 pm

Omg Kiwi!!!!!!!!! This is amazing news! I am so happy for you! Welcome to the twin mom club! Once a MoM always a MoM!!!! I will be definitely
Stalking your pregnancy :) :) I can't wait until you start feeling them move and wiggle, nothing like having both sides of our bump move in opposite directions lol. So happy for you friend!
Me: 24, PCOS, on Metformin 2000 daily
Him: 33, low count, low motility, 0-1% morphology
TTC #1 since Sept 13.

IVF#1 Antagonist protocol
ET: one BA Expanded Blast, Froze one AB blast.
MC confirmed
IVF #2 FET
BFN

IVF #3 Luteal Phase Lupron Protocol
ET 1 4AB blast & 1 4BB blast
1 BA blast made it to freeze
BFP!
12dp5dt beta=738
15dp5dt beta =1,979
17dp5dt beta = 4,029

FIRST U/S @6W2D SHOWS TWINS!!!!
Baby A :hb: 128
Baby B :hb: 112
SECOND U/S @7W2D TWINS ARE PERFECT!
Baby A :hb: 166
Baby B :hb: 151

ITS A BOY AND A GIRL! :babyb: :babyg: :balloons:
Reapage
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Karen1111 » Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:11 pm

Wow Kiwi - congratulations!!!!!! You really deserve this moment after everything you have been through. All the best for your pregnancy!
Me - 31; DH - 35
TTC #1 since Sep. 2013, diagnosed with MFI Sep. 2014. IVF w/ ICSI only option.

IVF #1 w/ ICSI - BFN
12/19/14 - ER 8 eggs, 6 fertilized, 5 made it to 3-day.
12/24/14 - Transferred one 4AB embryo, 1 frozen.

IVF #2 w/ ICSI - Freeze all cycle

3/11/15 - ER 14 eggs, 8 fertilized, 6 made it to freeze!

FET #1
5/7/15 - ET of 1 4AA embryo
5/14/15 - :bfp:
5/18/15 - Beta #1 493 (11dp5dt)
5/20/15 - Beta #2 1,333 (13dp5dt)
5/27/15 - first u/s - one sac measuring at 6 weeks! Beta #3 15,613
6/2/15 - second u/s :hb: 119 b/m
6/9/15 - third u/s :hb: 153 b/m. Officially graduated from the RE!
7/2/15 - first OB appointment :hb:170 b/m
7/8/15 - First trimester/NT scan :hb:163 b/m
9/2/15 - Anatomy Scan - It's a girl!!
Madeleine Drew born January 20, 2016

Karen1111
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby New_Mommy_Oct_05 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:31 pm

Omg kiwi!!!!!!! Sorry I've been absent. This is amazing news!!! I hope things are still going well :)

New_Mommy_Oct_05
Girlfriend
Girlfriend