3 or more failed ivf stim cycles

Is in vitro fertilization helping you achieve your dream of parenthood? Discuss IVF, FET, donor egg and surrogacy here!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: 3 or more failed ivf stim cycles

Postby Roar79 » Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:18 am

So,,, I haven't had any notifications of posts on here. So sorry!!

Rebcat - how are you going? Is the acupuncture helping? I felt nothing but anxiety during it but like I said did end up with a positive whilst doing acupuncture. I'm unsure where you are in regards to collection/transfer,, I'm thinking collection soon??

Herman- 17 eggs is great. As for the freeze all as difficult as it is to wait it is best. And as you said it was somewhat what was planned, no point putting anything back in if the 'environment' is perfect. I feel your anxiety with the amt fertilised, then surviving the freeze and thaw. It really is a difficult time. For my 3rd transfer We had to thaw 4 to get one embryo. They couldn't explain why, I was devastated as on paper they were good quality, I lost so many on that occasion. The next FETs (my 5th &6th transfers) I lost none! So I have no answers. Once again!!!
$26K is certainly an enormous amount of $$$,, is that totally out of pocket or will you get some back? Our fresh cycles cost us $4-5k here and that includes everything (meds, transfer, u/s etc). I do have private health (about $2k a year for myself and family) but feel very lucky here in Oz.

So,, 17 eggs is a great start. I'll be checking back to see how the fert report goes. I see your daughter is nearing 5!!! My boy turned 5 in May. Such a beautiful age,, he keeps me laughing.

Me- 16 weeks on Tuesday. All was going splendidly (and still is so can't be too negative!) until this morning. Had another bleed. Text msg the OB (yes we have that relationship now!) and she asked me to come right in. Had another scan (that makes it 9u/s now) and all is well. Appears as if a other small clot has come away,, so back on rest! If I could have a wine right now I would but I'm settling for lemon and water,,, however, all in all a positive day with positive results.

Will check in again soon to see how it's all going Herman!!!

Good luck. Prayers and thoughts with you all x
2009- diagnosed endo via lap
2010- live birth no meds
2012- lap 2- preg 2 - loss #1 @7wks
2013- IVF 1- preg3 - loss #2 @7wks
FET- preg 4 - loss #3 @8wks
Diag w MTHFR & septum (corrected via surgery)
FET- neg
2014 - IVF 2 - neg
FET - neg
FET - preg 5 - loss #4 @10wks
Meds- Aspirin, Vit Bs etc, MTHFR folate, clexane, prednisolone
Lap #5 - septum recorrected, more endo removed
On estrogen for 4 weeks & HSG SCHEUDLED to view septum 'healing'
Feb- checked septum. Hasn't healed. 3rd and final surgery correction.
Ivf #3 - April/May- our last try
Natural preg #6 whilst on down reg lucrin for cycle #3
Heartbeat @7wks 143bpm, 8wks, 9wks, 10 wks YAY!
12 wk scan -TICK! Told family
19 wk anatomy scan - TICK!
Due December 29th 2015
Born 18th December 2015- girl - Georgia
I'm DONE
Roar79

Postby Rebcat » Sat Jul 11, 2015 8:32 pm

Hi girls

Herman - sounds like your cycle went really well. Seventeen eggs is fantastic, I am sure you will get a good number of embryos from that. I know it must be hard to have to see the precious embryos frozen when it is possible that they might be lost. Basically I have come to realise that this whole thing is just a game of diminishing returns, with a few lucky breaks thrown in. You only need one in the end, so the bigger your number at the start of the game, the better odds you. I know its a huge anxiety to you, but 17 is a good position to be in. Fingers crossed, will be thinking of you and checking for updates.

Roar, yay 16 weeks! I wish the bleeds wouldn't keep happening though, that is just not fair and too stressful. Do you have a nice wee bump yet? Do you think you will find out gender? I cant remember if it was you that said you would like to keep it a surprise.

AFM, I am now doing buserelin, menopur and gonal f. I did five days of testosterone patches last week before I started the stims. I had a blood test to see if I had successfully down regulated and I had. Next blood test on Wednesday, then scan on Friday to see if any follicles are there and what size, then the decision on retrieval or more stims based on that. I am certainly beginning to feel activity happening, but it is always an anxious moment to see if things have worked. I doubt I will have as many follies as herman. My 'best ever' has been 13 on scan and then about 8 eggs retrieved. In five previous cycles I have only ever had one embryo left over to freeze and that was the only one to ever last, although only for a couple of weeks :( I am just hoping for a decent chance this time but scared that it will just end up with no hope again. Will keep you updated.

Hope everyone is well xxx
Me 37, DH 39 , TTC#1 since 2009 :(
IVF #1 Oct 2010 - BFN
FET Feb 2011 - BFP, low hcg, m/c
IVF #2 Nov 2011 - BFN
IVF #3 Apr 2012 - BFN
IVF #4 2013 -BFN
IVF #5 2014 -BFN
Donor IUI x 4 2014 - BFN x 4
IVF #6, July 2015 - shocking BFP!
HCG day 14 - 150
HCG day 17 - 800
Waiting for 7 week scan
It's twins... can't believe it.
Rebcat
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Roar79 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:30 am

Hello!!

Rebcat- good luck for your blood test Wednesday and scan Friday. I had 12 follicles counted on a scan once and then collected 18 eggs,, so,, again,,, I know nothing,,, but I agree with you,, we can do as much as we can but @ the end of the day lucky breaks help. Try and have hope, I know that gets difficult but sometimes it's all we have,, and what we need to get through each step of this process. The bleed only lasted a day, thank goodness, but there's no heart stopper quite like going to the loo and seeing it cover in bright red blood (sorry but TMI) but we are still ticking along. Had our 'official' 16 wk scan today and things went very well. My OB has put me into 'normal patient' category. Which makes me happy. My 'bump' is massive!! Much bigger than when i had my boy 5 yrs ago,, I blame the copious amts of Lap surgery and OHSS etc but realistically im older and less fit haha. Also, I'm quite a slim build so I can eat a decent sized meal and look 4 mths preg!!! So there's no hiding this. Not finding out the gender,, I like surprises! Let us know how the week pans out for you,, I always found the week prior to collection my most anxious, as this part determines the entire cycle! A huge GOOD LUCK!!!

Herman - any news with your fertilisation report?? 3 or 5 day transfer? I have so many questions but shall wait until you reply. Hope all is well and things have progressed as you wanted x

Chat later
2010- live birth no meds
FET- neg
2014 - IVF 2 - neg
FET - neg
Due December 29th 2015
I'm DONE
Roar79

Postby Herman2 » Thu Jul 16, 2015 5:31 pm

Thanks to everyone for the well wishes.

So today is day 6. We have....wait for it.....4 snow babies!! So we had 3 grad A, blasts on day 3 and 1 more today.

I did two major things this cycle and I swear this made the difference. I did acupuncture focused on the uterus 2x per week the week before and during stims. And I took 75mg each of Meletonin and DHEA each day. I'm convinced this is what made the embryos so much better quality. When I told my acupuncturist that my lining was too thick and progesterone too high, she was like, 'wow, well maybe I shouldn't have focused everything on the uterus. ...I'll do your thyroid this time around.' Now that we got to the freezing part though, I'm glad she did, because I don't think we would have had such good luck.

Anyhow, waiting for the genetic report and hoping they look good. Doc said morphology was great, so we are hopeful. Next it's AF and a FET cycle.

Roar- keep up the reports...it's sounds like this is just goi NG to be one of those pregnancies.

Recat- you Crack me up!
TTC since 2005
Me: age 38, unexplained female infertility
DH: age 39, no probs
IUI #1- Jun '09 BFN
IUI #2- Aug '09 BFN
IVF #1- Nov '09, 12 eggs, 8 fertilized, 2 tx day 3, 0 frozen :bfp: Daughter, Bronwynne, born Aug 2010
IVF #2- Jul '13, 13 eggs, 7 fertilized, 2 tx day 3, 0 frozen, BFN
IVF #3- Apr '15, 12 eggs, 7 fertilized, 2 tx day 5, 0 frozen, BFN
IVF #4- Jul '15, 15 eggs, 15 fertilized, day 5/6 biospy, 4 snow babies, PGD: 2 normal, 2 abnormal- disgarded
FET #1- Sep 8th, transferred 2, :bfp: Beta #1--995, #2--3773! u/s-- 2 Oct, singleton, Herman2!
Herman2
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Rebcat » Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:56 pm

Hi girls. Just a quick update - got 6 eggs, five able to be injected, three fertilised normally. Now just waiting to see how those three go and whether they will survive. Transfer back today or tomorrow depending on results. Feeling extremely sore as they had difficulty with retrieval.
IVF #1 Oct 2010 - BFN
IVF #2 Nov 2011 - BFN
IVF #3 Apr 2012 - BFN
IVF #4 2013 -BFN
IVF #5 2014 -BFN
HCG day 14 - 150
HCG day 17 - 800
Waiting for 7 week scan
Rebcat
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Herman2 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:52 am

Rebcat- I wish you the best. I hope things go well from this point forward. All it takes is 1, that's what I keep reminding myself and I have proof, it's from 5 years ago but its the truth!

AFM- just started BC again for a FET scheduled in early Sep. Going on vacation next week for 10 days, then busy with a few business trips so Sep will be here soon. We ended up with 4 snow babies, so we are excited and hopeful. Haven't got the genetic testing back but are cautiously optimistic.
TTC since 2005
IUI #1- Jun '09 BFN
IUI #2- Aug '09 BFN
IVF #1- Nov '09, 12 eggs, 8 fertilized, 2 tx day 3, 0 frozen :bfp: Daughter, Bronwynne, born Aug 2010
IVF #4- Jul '15, 15 eggs, 15 fertilized, day 5/6 biospy, 4 snow babies, PGD: 2 normal, 2 abnormal- disgarded
FET #1- Sep 8th, transferred 2, :bfp: Beta #1--995, #2--3773! u/s-- 2 Oct, singleton, Herman2!
Herman2
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Rebcat » Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:55 am

Hi girls

Herman, that is good news about the four snow babies. I am sure you will be pretty pleased about the result, and it gives you hope with knowing you have at least a couple of chances. Hope you have a relaxing break and can leave all these thoughts behind for awhile.

Roar - how are things going with you? Anything to report?

So, they ended up transferring two embryos for me. They said they looked good, but who knows. They tried to grow the other one so they could freeze, but it didn't make it. So this is it. I find out early next week whether it worked. I am struggling to stay positive, but just trying to take each day as it comes and thinking 'warm and welcoming' thoughts.
IVF #1 Oct 2010 - BFN
IVF #2 Nov 2011 - BFN
IVF #3 Apr 2012 - BFN
IVF #4 2013 -BFN
IVF #5 2014 -BFN
HCG day 14 - 150
HCG day 17 - 800
Waiting for 7 week scan
Rebcat
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Roar79 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:34 am

Ahhh again no notifications of replies,,, just checked in randomly to see how things were going and yay some news,,,

Rebcat- excellent news with the transferring of two embryos! I know it's difficult to hear when an embryo doesn't make the freeze and to know that there's is nothing left in regards of frozens, especially if you need or want to go again another egg collection is needed,, but try and focus on this cycle and on the here and now. Remember "you have done all you can" it's now out of your hands as scary and nerve wrecking as that is. Are you still sore from retrieval?? Ugh I hated egg collections,, I never did well recovering from them. OHSS and soreness was very unpleasant! (I had a 24 gastro bug last week,, I went from bed to toilet to bed etc all day,, was a bit concerned about pregnancy but stayed positive,, anyways DH said I looked awful and I looked like I was in terrible pain (I was!) but i responded with, "you know what this is bad but I've been through so much worse that it really doesn't compare" ,,, I honestly would have preferred the gastro bug over OHSS ANYDAY!!!) Early next week will be your test??? I'll be Checking in daily to see how you have gone. My thoughts and prayers WILL be with you and your DH,,,

Herman- yay for BC!! (Kinda cos I hate that stuff but it's needed and taken for a very good reason for this situation!) September will be here soon enough and it'll be all systems go! 4 frozens is a lovely number. When do u get the genetic testing results back??

You have both had so many cycles and really have done so much,, I was always told before entering IVF that I shld never expect to do one cycle, the first and second cycles were 'learning' cycles for all and that by the 3rd and 4th is when success shld be achieved,, (statistically speaking!) I truly pray that this is both of your time. It's well deserved!!!

Me- going well. Plodding along and getting movements now. My DH actually felt some 'kicks' today which was lovely. We are just over 18wks which is early to feel but there's no questioning it that that was what it was,,, it's reassuring as I'm still so nervous that this won't end well, the mind is a very powerful thing I have realised,, and when it gets negative it's difficult to bring back to 'positive' but I'm trying to stay in a good place in regards to mindset.

Keep us updated- good thoughts for you both
2010- live birth no meds
FET- neg
2014 - IVF 2 - neg
FET - neg
Due December 29th 2015
I'm DONE
Roar79

Postby Roar79 » Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:37 pm

Hi all,, thinking of you both. Hope things are going well xx
2010- live birth no meds
FET- neg
2014 - IVF 2 - neg
FET - neg
Due December 29th 2015
I'm DONE
Roar79

Postby Rebcat » Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:23 am

Hi girls

Roar, thank you so much for checking in, I really appreciate it. Well I did my blood test this morning and was so anxious. Then I got the call and I couldn't believe it.... words I have never heard before: congratulations, you are pregnant. I think I let out six years of heartache in one cry. Obviously really early days yet and very tentative, but so excited to get this far. My hcg was 150. I have the next test on Friday to see if its rising. Oh I so hope this is it. I still can't take it all in.
IVF #1 Oct 2010 - BFN
IVF #2 Nov 2011 - BFN
IVF #3 Apr 2012 - BFN
IVF #4 2013 -BFN
IVF #5 2014 -BFN
HCG day 14 - 150
HCG day 17 - 800
Waiting for 7 week scan
Rebcat
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Roar79 » Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:07 am

OH MY, OH MY, OH MY,,,,,, wow!! 6 years,, and now a lovely BFP! With a lovely starting hcg level,,, congratulations,, I have been thinking of you since Sunday (it's Tuesday night here!) wondering when the test was. This is such amazing news,, you Shld be so proud of yourself, but i understand your 'tentativeness' though,, please keep us posted on Fridays numbers. How many blood levels do they do? Over here it's twice a week until 7 weeks and then the ultrasound. No ultrasound before 7 weeks as by then all components (sac, fetal pole and heartbeat) Shld be established,,, but baby steps and Friday is the next step. Will you do preg test progressions,, every second day is best for the mind,, every day can drive you batshit crazy with "darkness" of lines,, oh so excited for you and your DH!!!! Will be keeping you in my thoughts,, until Friday xxxx
2010- live birth no meds
FET- neg
2014 - IVF 2 - neg
FET - neg
Due December 29th 2015
I'm DONE
Roar79

Postby Rebcat » Wed Aug 05, 2015 3:17 am

Thank you Roar :) still feels very surreal. I phoned my clinic today as I wasn't able to talk through the crying yesterday. They said the whole clinic staff were so excited and the nurse who told me had cried too, then my doctor came up and said just as well he wasn't there as he would have been crying also! Much excitement all around as obviously I am one of their longest term patients and the clinic is just about to change hands, so it was a nice conclusion for everyone . I still feel wrong talking in positive terms as I am terrified something will go badly and the joy will be taken away from me, but one step at a time. I am actually not sure how often they will test. They will do a scan at seven weeks, if all goes well. I shall let you know how Friday goes. Fingers crossed. Hope all is going well with you xxx
IVF #1 Oct 2010 - BFN
IVF #2 Nov 2011 - BFN
IVF #3 Apr 2012 - BFN
IVF #4 2013 -BFN
IVF #5 2014 -BFN
HCG day 14 - 150
HCG day 17 - 800
Waiting for 7 week scan
Rebcat
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Roar79 » Thu Aug 06, 2015 6:10 am

Rebcat- I don't blame you for your reaction to your results!!! I'm sure the entire clinic was buzzing with your news,, I was with mine for nearly 3yrs and I know they went through the ups and downs with me too,, it's lovely when you see them actually care about your results!! One step at a time is THE only way to survive this,, I'm @19 wks and am still in disbelief. Every time I find myself getting excited I tell myself to calm down,, it's terrible but reality. Had the anatomy scan on Tuesday and all has gone well, we didn't (as we promised but were SO tempted!) find out the gender.
It's Thursday night here so good luck for Friday mornings level results. Thoughts will be with you,, xx
2010- live birth no meds
FET- neg
2014 - IVF 2 - neg
FET - neg
Due December 29th 2015
I'm DONE
Roar79

Postby Herman2 » Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:56 pm

Rebcat, YEAH! SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you but for the meantime, enjoy the news and stay relaxed....yeah, right, i know

We are about to leave on vacation, a cruise to the Caribbean so no Internet for over a week and since this roller coaster called ivf hasn't blessed us with a BFP, I'm drinking and enjoying every minute of it.

I look forward to hearing updates. Also, my FET is scheduled for 8 Sep so I'm back on BC and start the estrogen and progesterone when I get back from my trip.

Cheers everyone
TTC since 2005
IUI #1- Jun '09 BFN
IUI #2- Aug '09 BFN
Herman2
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Rebcat » Sun Aug 09, 2015 3:18 am

Hi everyone

I had my second test on friday and hcg was 800, so good news. I was sick with anxiety waiting for the result and I just can't keep going through that, so I have opted not to have any more hcg testing. I have a scan booked in a couple of weeks. I figure there is nothing I can do if hcg stops increasing, so best just not to know. I have incredibly sore bb's and I find myself keeping on giving them a wee test to make sure they are still sore... argh the things we do. I am really tired but no nausea as yet. This part is so foreign to me, I feel like I dont know anything.

Roar, good news about the anatomy scan and good on you for resisting the urge to find out gender. Keep it a nice wee surprise. To me this seems 'locked in' for you, but I totally understand now how you are still anxious and just trying to get through each milestone.

Herman - you have probably sailed off into the sunset by now. I hope you have a relaxing and lovely time and get a little mental break before the fet.

Thanks for being there for me, I really appreciate it xxx
IVF #1 Oct 2010 - BFN
IVF #2 Nov 2011 - BFN
IVF #3 Apr 2012 - BFN
IVF #4 2013 -BFN
IVF #5 2014 -BFN
HCG day 14 - 150
HCG day 17 - 800